Dark Love

luminous-pixie tarafından

16+/ When the innocence of a sheltered girl collides with the destructive force of a troubled man, their inev... Daha Fazla

Dark Love
Epigraph
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1- Sneaking out
Chapter 2 - First encounters
Chapter 2.2 - Danger
Chapter 3 - Unexpected visitors
Chapter 4 - Sweet complications
Chapter 5 - Family dinners
Chapter 6 - Bad news
Chapter 7 - His apartment
Chapter 8 - Farewell
Chapter 9 - Pool fun
Chapter 10 - Private apologies
Chapter 11 - Uninviting parties
Chapter 12 - Apologies 2.0
Chapter 13 - The beach
Chapter 14 - Dark revelations
Chapter 15 - After-effects
Chapter 16 - The mall
Chapter 17 - Text messages
Chapter 18 - Possessive threats
Chapter 19 - Parker
Chapter 20 - Sinful pleasure
The Thorns To Her Rose
Chapter 22 - Obsession
Chapter 23 - Dark desires
Chapter 24 - Tension
Chapter 25 - Forbidden romance
Chapter 26 - Lost trust
Chapter 27 - Broken hearts
Chapter 28 - Scary night out
Chapter 29 - Insanity
Chapter 30 - Mentally trapped
Chapter 31 - Secrets and lies
Chapter 32 - Confrontation
Chapter 33 - Party planning
Chapter 34 - Seeking forgiveness
Chapter 35 - Questioning friendships
Chapter 36 - Birthday girl
Chapter 37 - First dates
Chapter 38 - Beach appetite
Chapter 39 - Pink hair
Chapter 40 - Cabin trips
Chapter 41 - Desperate longing
Chapter 42 - Close call
Chapter 43 - Back to school
Chapter 44 - Dear diary
Chapter 45 - Repercussions
Chapter 46 - Leaving him
Chapter 47 - He's back
Chapter 48 - Punishing mistakes
Chapter 49 - Stolen desire
Chapter 50 - Revealed truths
Chapter 51 - Bloody hands
Chapter 52 - Hidden truths
Chapter 53 - Hollow grief
Chapter 54 - Therapy
Chapter 55 - The accused
Chapter 56 - The truth
Chapter 56.2 - Goodbyes
Chapter 57 - The funhouse
The Epilogue
Book 2 - Dark Temptation
Future stories🥀

Chapter 21 - Road trips

43.2K 1K 501
luminous-pixie tarafından

Road trips

**❤**

"Bella! Caitlyn!" I rushed over to my best friends and engulfed them into a hug. I don't know why but I missed them a lot, even after I've seen them like four days ago.

They both laughed and hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you invited me. God, I would've had to go to my family's cabin for the weekend to 'spend some quality time' with some relatives. I don't think I could have handled that." Caitlyn groaned causing us to laugh. They both carried a small duffel bag with which I'm sure contained a few extra clothes and some necessities.

When Gabriel called Mikhail to tell him that we would be coming, he said that his big game would only be in four days time. That gave us a day to get to California, and three days to do whatever we wanted in the city. I'd never been to California and I'd always wanted to go there. Mikhail promised he would take me, but during the four years of studying at university he hasn't come around to that. Same goes to Sebastian, which was probably why Gabriel was so against the idea of visiting.

I've packed a bag full of clothes and other necessary items to tag along, and I've packed one for Gabriel as well since he couldn't be bothered to. He claimed that he would wear the same clothes for three days till the game. Reasons why he needed me so much. We began loading our bags into one of my dad's expensive vans the next day, with Ben doing all the work as usual. There were enough seats and space in the van for atleast six people to sit comfortably inside. Gabriel protested against the van, saying that it wasn't his style. However, against my argument he lost. I had a certain charm when arguing, especially with Gabriel. Over the years I've kind of mastered the act of getting him to give up.

When everything was ready, I jumped up and squealed in excitement. I've never went on a road trip before and I was awfully excited to see my other siblings again. The drive to California from Seattle would take atleast 15 hours by car, which was the chosen type of transportation. My father owned all sorts of aeroplanes and private jets that was on standby for use, but I thought that a roadtrip would be fun.

"Are you absolutely certain you guys will be okay without me?" Ben asked, looking uncertain.

"Yes, Ben. We're not kids anymore." Gabriel said in annoyance.

"Your father will fire me if he finds out I let you go to California alone, Seraphina." Ben sighed in distress. "I could trail behind you guys, you won't even know that I'm there."

"She's not alone, I'm with her and I promise to be responsible." Gabriel said, this time in a much softer tone. "I can understand your concern but I swear she will be fine, and I will too."

"Okay," Ben nodded. "But the moment you're not okay or you run into any danger, call me immediately. As much as people admire your father, he also have enemies because people are jealous of his fortune. You two could be targeted and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything bad happened."

"Ben," I smiled, embracing him in a hug. "We'll be fine."

"Okay." He let out a huge sigh. "When will you be leaving?"

"As soon as Logan gets here, which is about...now." Gabriel answered, checking his wrist watch.

I stepped towards Bethany who had a huge smile on her face. "Seraphina is all grown up now." She said causing me to blush.

"My seventeenth birthday is in two months." I reminded her.

"I know, hun. It's the most important day of the year, remember? I will bake your favourite dishes and deserts and we will decorate the house to the theme of your liking and then invite all of your family and friends."

"It's my favourite day of the year." I said, feeling excited. I received many presents on my birthday, from close and far family that would attend my birthday party. I received so many gifts I stopped counting about two years ago. My favorite present in the whole world was Gabriel's, because while everyone just bought something from the store and wrapped it up, he did something completely creative and meaningful.

"Mine too." Bethany smiled, reaching out to hug me. I hugged her back. When we pulled away she reached towards the ground and picked up a medium sized cooler bag.

"Here," she handed me the bag which I gladly took. "I made you guys some snacks and beverages. Atleast enough till you get to California."

"Thank you." I gushed.

"Remember to tell Mikhail and Sebastian that I miss them and they should visit more often."

"I won't forget." I promised.

Minutes passed when Bethany greeted Gabriel and vice versa, when I saw Logan's car pull up at the front gate. The gate slowly slid open to allow him access inside. He drove towards a suitable parking when the engine of his car stopped. We waited expectantly for him to get out, and when he did I sucked in a sharp breath. He looked so handsome, as he always did. I felt Bella nudge me and Caitlyn sent me a smirk. I just flipped them off.

Logan walked towards us and I resisted the urge to blush when his beautiful blue eyes met mine, but disappointed settled in me when he turned away again.

"Is it okay if I park my car there?" He asked Ben.

"Yes, of course." Ben responded.

"Alright, I call dibs on the front seat." Bella said, rushing towards the car. I frowned, immediately going after her. She opened the door and was about to get in when I attempted to push her away.

"I always sit in front with Gabriel. No ways." I said, struggling to pull her away. She gave me a quick shove causing me to stumble backwards. She took the opportunity to get in and quickly shut the door. Argh. I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Gabriel." I whined. "Bella won't let me sit in the front."

"Not my problem." He shrugged.

Some brother he was. I said my final goodbye to Bethany and Ben before getting into the back. I scootched all the way to the middle seat to give Logan and Caitlyn space on either side of me. I don't know how I felt about sitting next to Logan for the next 15 hours. But it was slightly assuring to know that Gabriel would be right there.

"I hate you." I told Bella childishly.

She laughed. "I love you too, Sweetheart. Your distress is honestly so amusing."

"I'm glad to be here to amuse you." I said sarcastically in which she only laughed.

Caitlyn got in and shut the door with a squeal. "I can't believe that Logan is coming with. He said hi to me and I completely freaked out. His voice is so hot. I love it! This is the perfect opportunity for you to make a move, Sera."

"Nope, absolutely not happening. Logan and I cannot happen. And how can you say that? Gabriel is going to be close by the entire trip! I can't do anything." I whisper-yelled towards them.

I conveniently forgot to tell them about how he slept over last night, or how he visited me the other night. Some things they didn't need to know.

"You're right," Bella said sheepishly. "But still, that's a missed opportunity."

I wanted to respond and say that he's too old and off limits, when the door to my left side opened. My head turned to the left on instinct to see Logan standing in the doorway. My cheeks flushed and I scootched more towards Bella to give him more space. He got inside and the moment his jean clad thigh touched my bare one I shivered. When he shut the door and placed his arm on the headrest behind me, I felt all giddy on the inside.

"Good morning!" Bella chirped, turning in her seat go face us.

Logan only smiled in return, not bothering to answer.

The atmosphere in the car suddenly became awkward and slightly tense. I was the only one who knew about Logan's condition, but they were just a bit awkward in the presence of hot guys they didn't know.

"Are you excited to see your brothers?" Logan asked quietly near my ear. Given his large built he was sitting so close to me and his warmth was radiating towards me. Despite how my brain wanted me to move away from him, my subconscious let my body lean towards him on instinct.

"I can't wait." I responded, excitement creeping into my tone.

"I'm happy for you, darling." He murmured, his chin grazing over the top of my head. I hadn't released that I was so much leaned into him until I felt the contact between us.

"Thanks, that means a lot." I smiled, turning my head to look to at him. The moment my eyes met his gorgeous blue ones, I froze. He was so gorgeous and intoxicating I wanted to be so close to him but so far at the same time.

I snapped out of my daze when the drivers seat door opened. In got Gabriel, causing me to lean away from Logan and scootch to lean between the seats of Bella and Gabriel. I couldn't be so close to Logan when Gabriel was a mere meter away.

"All ready?"

When we confirmed, he began the car and we were on our way to California. I was so excited, but wary of the beautiful blue eyed man sitting besides me.

**❤**

Three hours passes of consistent chatting and music that came from the cars speakers. Bella and Caitlyn was doing all the talking, while Gabriel was complaining about how Bella should sit at the back and Logan should take her place up front. It was amazing to watch them banter, and for some reason I didn't want Bella to sit besides me, I'd preferred if Logan stayed where he was.

Caitlyn was listening to her headphones and looking outside of the window, resting her head against it. I wasn't sure if she was asleep or not, but I was surely starting to drift off. I'd woken up early in the morning and the smooth driving and constant pace of the car was giving me the headstart to fall asleep. I was playing bubble shooter on my phone while my eyes where barely holding open. I rested to the back and made myself comfortable, trying to avoid Logan's arm that was at the back of my head. My stubbornness to make physical contact with him was slowly starting to fade when I let out a soft yawn.

My body relaxed back into the seats.

"Get some rest, baby." I heard Logan say quietly in my ear. I nodded and leaned my head against his shoulder, resting my elbow on his leg. His body was so strong and warm, and he smelled so good I couldn't help but turn my head and discretely inhale his scent. I felt him take my phone from my hands before I drifted off to sleep.

A sharp breeze blew past me, enveloping my skin in a coldness that I enjoyed. My arms stretched out and I yawned. My eyes had yet to adjust to my surroundings and when it did I saw that I was alone in the car that was parked in some sort of gas station. I looked around to see my friends missing.

"Guys?" I mumbled out in worry. Was I dreaming? No, this felt real.

I heard the car door open suddenly. I jumped to the side and away from the door, still feeling a bit hazy from my sleep. I looked towards the cause of my rapidly beating heart and sighed. It was Logan.

"Hey," he said softly, reaching out to take my hand. "Do you need the toilet? This is our second stop since you fell asleep."

"Woah, how long was I asleep for?" I asked in surprise.

"Four hours."

"Four hours? Why didn't anyone wake me up?" I asked in disbelief, crossing my arms over my chest and giving him a slight glare. "I wanted to see the city and all the places we passed."

He smiled slightly. "Don't worry, we still have about eight hours left. There's over enough time. Besides, you sleep like a bear. You didn't want to wake up."

"Are you calling me a bear?" I gasped, my eyebrows scrunching up.

"A tiny, cute and fuzzy bear yeah." He smirked. "You looks so gorgeous today."

I flushed under his gaze.

"And you look handsome."

"You mean sexy and indescribably hot?"

"That also." My face heated up even more and I grew shy instantly. The white T-shirt he wore really complimented the black ink on his skin. He was so gorgeous.

"Do you need the rest room?" He asked again, reaching out his hand for me to take

I nodded and placed my hand in his. Given all the juice boxes I've drank in the duration that I was awake, I needed the rest room at least thrice. When he locked up the car he began pulling me with him to the direction of what I'm assuming must be the toilet.

"Where are Gabriel and the rest?" I asked once we were inside. I was surprised when he came in with me. This bathroom must be unisex. Well, it was a gas station it wasn't a five start hotel. They were bound to have unisex bathrooms.

"They're in the shop buying some snacks." He answered, causally leaning against the wall next to the sinks.

"Ah, I need to hurry I want Gabriel to buy me sour worms"

He only smiled in amusement afterwards. I chose the end stall and awkwardly did my business, trying to pee as quietly as possible. It was so weird knowing that Logan was standing just outside of the stall. After flushing I opened the door again and used the sinks to rinse my hands. Logan's eyes followed my movements all the way, making me nervous. It was scary when he was so quiet.

I dried my hands off with some hand paper towels the bathroom offered. When I was done I placed my hands by my sides awkwardly.

"Uh..do you need the toilet?" I asked stupidly.

"No." he answered curtly.

"Okay." I mumbled, moving towards the door to walk pass him. I was surprised when his hand lathed around my upper arm gently and he pulled me back.

"Bella and Caitlyn are going crazy in the candy aisle, so we have roughly three minutes."

"For what?" I asked in confusion.

He smirked, pulling me closer by the arms. When my body landed against his, his arms caged around my waist. I couldn't react to what he said fast enough when his lips came down on mine. He kissed me feverishly and it took me exactly four seconds to react. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tippy toes. His hands slid all over my back before he squeezed my bum in his hands. I gasped into the kiss allowing him to shove his tongue into my mouth. I tried to move back at the force but he pulled me closer into him. Our togues danced around before his dominated mine completely. He bit my bottom lip softly before sucking it into his mouth.

I thought he would pull away when two minutes passed, but he turned us around and pushed me into the wall instead. The cold tiles of the bathroom walls met my back which was clad in my thin summer dress. I tried to dress conservative despite the weather but Logan's growing attraction to me made me feel bad about my clothing. He pulled away in the next few seconds, before his lips attacked my neck.

"Logan," I moaned breathlessly. I wanted him so bad and my aching core proved it. I was so sensitive to his touch, probably because of my lack of experience with men. "S-Someone could barge in right now. You need to stop."

He pulled away and rested his forehead again mine.

"I want to fuck you so bad. Please let me fuck you right here." He begged, his hands resting on the wall on either side of my head.

I breathed out shakily and my eyes went wide when I took in the huge tent in his jeans. Oh god.

"No, we can't do this now. Or ever." I said quickly, trying to take in as many breaths as possible.

"Why not? I want you and you want me. What's stopping us?" He asked, his arms looking tensed besides me.

"How can you ask that question? Literally everything is stopping us. Please just," I looked down at the little, or for a better reference, the big problem down in his pants. "Make that go away."

He groaned and used one hand to palm his growing erection. I looked away instantly and flushed in my own space. My arms were quivering at our close contact, and the tingles in my lips were so evident.

"Fine, go to the car so long while I take care of this fucking boner." he grunted in annoyance and moved away from me. It was getting so hot in the bathroom I was in desperate need of fresh air, so without answering I left with a relieved sigh. I knew that if I stayed I would get myself into so much trouble. My hormones were sneaky little things, and they tended to make me do things I wouldn't do sober minded. They cloud my judgement and thought.

I was so relieved when I saw my brother and best friends exit the small shop. Bella and Caitlyn's hands were full of candy, crisps, sodas and chocolates. By the grumpy look on Gabriel's face I'm guessing be paid for it. I giggled and walked over to him to nudge him in the arm.

"Sera? Good, you're awake. You were sleeping for almost four hours."

"And it was worth it." I whistled.

"Where's Logan?" He asked.

"Using the restroom." I said in a rush. I didn't specify what he was doing because I knew it wasn't just peeing. Goodness, I did that to him? Before I met Logan I had no idea that I could have that kind of effect on a male. He made me see so many things differently, and in some way made me more mature with not only my thought but with my body as well.

"Well, when he's done he will be driving for the next half of the trip. I'm going to sit shotgun-"

I wanted to protest when he cut me off.

"-and you're not going to argue about that." he ended off sternly.

"You're so mean." I whined. "I hope you got my sour worms, I will not forgive you if you didn't."

"Bella has it you big baby." He nudged me.

I shoved him back and before he could retaliate, ran towards the car in a fit of laughter. I was excited to get my sour worms, and I just really hoped that Logan would be done already.

When satisfied after I devoured a whole sandwich and my packet of sour worms, I rested back in my seat as we were back on our way to California.

***

"We're here! Thank god." Bella said dramatically as she basically toppled out of the car and attempted to hug the ground. We laughed at her dramatics. Hours passed and we were finally there. The drive wasn't as long as I thought and I was glad that we didn't take my father's private jet instead. Our little road trip was fun. We had another bathroom break in the next few hours but I made sure not to use the bathroom without Bella and Caitlyn. I didn't want a repeat of what happened before with Logan. As amazing as it was, it was too risky as well.

Gabriel had booked out the penthouse of a five star hotel called Le Denier. The place was huge and it looked classy and amazing. I grew giddy and excited to stay in the hotel, away from home for the first time in my life. It felt so foreign here, even though we were still in the United States. The car was parked in special VIP parking. Trust Gabriel to have booked possibly the most expensive part of the hotel. People who stayed on the penthouse level had seperate parking.

After having retrieved our bags from the trunk, we entered the fancy place and the air conditioning hit me immediately. It smelled so gentle yet sharp all at once, like flowers. Gabriel went to check in at the receptionist while Caitlyn, Bella and I squealed at our surroundings. The lobby was huge and it looked grand. The halls were a fine coconut colour and water seeped down the walls of the pillars and into the small opening beneath it. Artificial trees and plants were standing in pot plants near the walls. There was a desert bar on the side where people lounged around and on the opposite side, a small uplifting of the ground with a grand piano on it. The pianist was playing a soft tune in the background.

The skies were dark so the beautiful chandeliers were well lit on the high ceiling.

"This place is amazeballs! It's the place I want to have sex in for the first time." Caitlyn said giddily.

"Goodness guys, I'm in love. I can't believe Gabriel would book us in here. Not that I'm complaining, it's amazing, but a cheaper place would have sufficed. If this was expensive which by the looks of things, it was hella expensive, then we can pay him back." Bella said with a frown.

"Nonsense, Bells. We invited you guys along. It's our treat. Besides, it's nothing my father's bank account can't handle." I smirked.

"You spoiled little bitch."

I chuckled.

I let my eyes scan the place again and jumped up and down in the spot. "Guess what?"

"What?" The asked in unison.

"There are hot tubs!"

We began squealing like little girls when Gabriel and Logan approached us.

"Alright, we have the penthouse all to ourselves for three nights. Follow us."

I lifted up both Gabriel and my bags before dumping it in his arms. He raised his brows in question and when I sent him a cheeky smile he sighed in the end. We followed them all the way go the elevators, which just so happened to be made out of coloured glass. I sighed dreamily and relished in the posh feeling. The floors were tiled with marble, feeling great against my flip flops. We stood in the elevator after Gabriel set it to the highest level.

"Alright, there are four rooms. Two of you are going to have to share." Gabriel announced, before handing us each our own golden keys.

"I call dibs on my own room!" I said quickly.

"That leaves you two to share." Gabriel said.

"No problem."

I noticed Logan was directing his attention to his phone, his fingers swiping over the screen quickly, telling me that he was texting someone. I wondered who. He hasn't paid anymore attention to me after he kissed me in the gas station's rest room. Quite frankly I was a bit disappointed. I shouldn't be though, given that I was avoiding him as well.

The elevator dinged after a series of laughter and giggles coming from my friends and I. We followed Logan to a cream coloured door when he used his key to unlock it. When we entered, Bella, Caitlyn and I screamed in delight. Gabriel groaned in annoyance causing me to laugh. Maybe the summer holidays weren't so bad after all.

The skies gradually darkened as time passed. The stars could be seem from high up above and it was shining beautifully from the balcony's view. While Caitlyn and Bella couldn't leave the hot tubs room alone, I was more amazed by the view of the city and dark blue sky. I leaned against the iron railing and gazed ahead of me. It was late, at least past nine and I've retired back to the penthouse but the rest were still in the hot tubs facility. Cars were whooshing around from my view so high up above, and the lights of the city were shining brightly. Didn't people sleep? I couldn't imagine a life where I was out of the house past nine everyday. I'd die of lack of sleep.

Clad in my blue cupcake pajamas I leaned over the railing with my champagne glass in hand. I ordered room service, lobster and prawn to be more precise and I've eaten so much I probably couldn't eat for the next week or so. The price of the lobster was surely going to dent Gabriel's bank account. But he shouldn't have to worry, my parents would always trasfer more every month. And loads of it at once.

I heard the front door opening to I turned around, my hair blowing with the wind. I saw Logan and Gabriel and turned back around, letting my gaze fall back onto the spectacle of a view.

"Seraphina?" I heard a slur coming from Gabriel.

I sighed and placed my glass on the decks wooden table before going back inside.

"Please tell me you're not drinking champagne." Gabriele groaned. "I don't wanna have to ground you."

"As if," I scoffed. "Besides, it's grape juice. I wouldn't drink even if I was allowed to, but you surely wouldn't mind." I commented, taking on his appearance.

"Come on baby sis, I only had one drink down at the bar."

"Do you mean seven?" Logan asked rhetorically.

"Come on man, don't give me away like that." Grabriel grumbled.

"She can surely see that you're drunk. Come on buddy, lets get you to your room."

I watched and crossed my arms as Logan took a hold of Gabriel by the shoulders before leading him towards the stairwell. He glanced at me and I smiled in appreciation. Did he always have to take care of a drunk Gabriel like that? I was so grateful towards him at this point.

"Byyyye." Gabriel waved at me with a slur. I chuckled and waved back. I was smiling but felt different on the inside. Gabriel drank so much I was afraid he had a drinking problem. I made a mental note to consult him about that.

I shut the balcony doors and locked it, then waited patiently for Logan come back downstairs. Minutes later he did, and he walked right towards me. My eyes followed his movements, from the way his strong legs walked to the way his fists were clenching and letting the veins in his arms bulge out. My eyes met his ones. Blue on blue. His were swirling with unreadable emotions. When he reached me, I expected his actions before it happened.

His lips crashing upon mine.

**❤**

So I have to say that I'VE PLANNED ALL THE CHAPTERS! I'm so excited to write them and share it with you guys. There will be 33 CHAPTERS plus an epilogue. Which makes that like 12 chapters left. It seems a little but a lot can happen.

Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

Please vote and comment❤️

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

129K 1.6K 30
DARK ROMANCE - A dark game forces Zee, a reckless young woman into contacting the guy who took her virginity and begging him to marry her, but she ne...
41.4K 513 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
351K 3.9K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...
19.4K 977 38
A dark, unconventional romance with a thin layer of sweetness iced on top. Not your typical love story. ────────────── ౨ৎ ──── ❥ 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐋�...