Some Wounds Never Heal

Oleh MidnightRose55

**Watty Honorable Mention/Undiscovered Gem** He lies awake in bed, thoughts of her still overpowering his bra... Lebih Banyak

Pre-Calculus at 7:30 in the Morning
Hello Whatever Your Name Is
Fancy Seeing You Again
Come Back Down From Cloud 9 Wise Guy
I Do Not Have Enough Sleep To Deal With Oliver
Welcome to Our Table of Misfits
Strawberries With Chocolate; a Timeless Combination
Dodge Ball With The Devil
An Almost Friendly Gesture
Cheers to Hopefully Surviving Tonight
A Little Bird Called Observation
Am I Checking Him Out?
Slowly Losing Your Mind
I Knew You'd Call Back
Things Are Getting Dangerous
Spare Yourself; I'm Done Here
Don't Give Up Cadillac
Save It For Someone Who Cares
Did Oliver Pull Some Of His Non-existent Charm On You?
Anything For You Sweetheart
On Top Of The World
Only You Oliver Marshall
Stop It Prince Charming
Scarlet In The Hall With The Rope
C'mon Sweetheart
A Model Worthy of The Soccer Captain
Forever
Nine Ten Never Sleep Again
You're Just Going To Miss Your Ride
Soon
Is This a Pity Party?
Little Gingerbread Men
I'm Not Mean I'm Building Character
You Just Never Struck Me As That Kind of Girl
Happy New Year
I'm Fine Not Studying
Boring Punk Band That Gets Killed By Jewelry
I'd Give You Couple of The Decade Maybe
One Step At a Time
Out Cold
Author's Note
Sick Twisted Joke
Dreaming About Her
Funeral/ Vigil Songs
If I Die Young
We'll Be Together Before You Know It
Shock is Only Natural
Waiting Game
No Sudden Movements
Before You Leave Me Today
I Would've Waited
Final Author's Note

Boys and Their Cars

2.7K 90 8
Oleh MidnightRose55

This chapter may sound a little "typical white girl" but no regrets ✌️...kindly enjoy the fact that I double updated again...this sounds really sarcastic lol; I love you guys 😘❤️

Chapter 27:

Beckinsile's Point of View

"Did you have fun, Sweetheart?" My mom asks as she shuts the door.

"Yeah; the party was awesome..." I bite my lip because I know I'm lying right through my teeth.

The party, in all honesty, sucked to no end besides kissing Oliver. That was the only part of the night that made everything else worth it. This night has been a roller coaster and I want to forget most of what happened, basically everything that includes Kyle.

"Are you sure? I feel like there's something you're hiding, Becky." My mom gives me a smirk as we walk towards the stairs.

"I had fun, Mom..." I give her a hug and go upstairs.

"I'm glad, Becky. How's Oliver doing?"

"He's good..." I smile. "Goodnight, Mom."

"Goodnight, Becky..." My mom goes off to her room and I take a seat on my bed.

"He loves me," I think to myself with a smile as I lay down on my bed.

My phone dings with an incoming text.

4 day weekend this weekend. Horror movie marathon at my house on Sunday night. Text Ed and Fiona.

I smile at Oliver's text and respond.

Got it; I'll text them ASAP.

"This weekend's going to be fun," I think as I fall asleep to the sound of the rain that's begun again.

~~~~~

"Becky, we need to talk to you..." My mom says the next day at breakfast.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask as Gabe and Nate finally wake up.

"Your father is going on a business trip and I'm escorting him. We leave early tomorrow morning and we won't be back until Thursday. Your Aunt Helena will be staying with you guys until we get back." My mom hands me a plate of food and lets me take in her information.

Aunt Helena is my mom's best friend from college. She's not a blood relative but we've known her so long that she's practically family. She also happens to be mine and Gabe's Godmother.

Aunt Helena works as a personal stylist and has some of the most amazing clothes I've ever seen. She's married to some business mogul and has three sons. They all live in house the size of a castle and the kids have trust funds that are worth more than most people will make in a lifetime.

The kids are named Ryder, Max and Jack. They act like typical trust fund kids but they're nice enough. They're all my age or a little older and we're all good friends. Our families used to have dinner together every weekend but our parents have gotten really busy so I haven't seen Aunt Helena in a few years.

"Great; I can't wait." I smile and take a bite of my breakfast.

"Are you being sarcastic?" My mom frowns slightly.

"No, I can't wait to see Aunt Helena..."

"Good, she was so excited when I called her. She can't wait to see you guys." My mom takes a sip of her coffee as I finish off my breakfast.

"When's she coming?"

"Tomorrow morning right before we leave."

"Great; love you guys," I give my parents a hug before going off to my room.

~~~~~

"Becky, Aunt Helena is here..." I hear my mom scream up the stairs and I groan.

I get up and find Gabe and Nate already on their way downstairs. I follow them out into the living where our parents and Aunt Helena are. Aunt Helena, being her fashionable self, is dressed in black skinny jeans, a slouchy magenta sweater and gray boots. Her hair is pulled into a messy bun and she has a few gold necklaces hanging around her neck.

"Beckinsile," She squeals and pulls me into a hug.

"Aunt Helena," I hug her tightly.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart." Aunt Helena gushes as she releases me.

"Thanks," I smile as she gives my brothers a hug.

Aunt Helena is in her mid-thirties whereas my parents are in their late thirties and early forties. Aunt Helena had done some schooling over the summer in high school so she was in the same year as my mom by the time she reached college. She and my mom had the same major and most of the same classes. After college they were roommates and worked at the same styling company.

"Okay, well we better get going; you guys be good for her,"

"That means you Gabe..." I smirk at him.

"Very funny, Beckinsile."

"Hey, no need for the full-name card." I roll my eyes as my parents walk towards the front door.

"Love you guys; see you on Thursday!" My parents call as the door closes behind them.

"Aunt Helena, is that your car?" Gabe and Nate are standing by the open backdoor, mesmerized by whatever's in the driveway.

"Oh you mean my 1963 Corvette Sting Ray?" Aunt Helena winks at me as we walk into the kitchen.

"That is this single most beautiful thing I've seen in my seventeen years of life," Gabe stares longingly at the car.

"Terra won't be too happy to hear that..." I say with a smirk.

"Keep that little piece of information to yourself," Gabe doesn't take his eyes of Aunt Helena's expensive, vintage car.

I hear Aunt Helena laugh a little and I bite my lip to keep myself from joining in.

"Boys and their cars," Aunt Helena rolls her eyes as Gabe and Nate finally take their eyes off the car.

"That car is my obsession," Gabe turns back around to get one more look before I shut the door.

"That's nice, sweetheart but you lay one finger on my car and I'll teach you what the Sting Ray thinks of you." Aunt Helena takes a seat at the breakfast bar.

"It would be an honor to be run over by a 1963 Corvette Sting Ray," Gabe says the name with so much affection, you'd think he was talking about his girlfriend.

"Oh the Sting Ray is too good for you, Love; it'd be the fuel efficient hybrid..." Aunt Helena pats Gabe on the head and chuckles a little.

"Very funny," Gabe rolls his eyes and goes to the fridge for some orange juice.

"I know I am," Aunt Helena stands up and walks into the living room to get her stuff.

She grabs her small suitcase and over the shoulder bag.

"So, where am I staying?" She asks in a light tone.

"Right this way," I smile and lead her to the guestroom right near the upstairs.

"Thanks," She says as she begins unpacking.

Aunt Helena pulls out a stack of recent fashion magazines and her regime of beauty products. She pulls out some files of her work and a MacBook Air. Next she moves onto unpacking her clothes.

She's got a few pairs of leggings, a couple of loose t-shirts, a casual dress, a pair of sneakers, a couple of pairs of boots and a pair of stiletto heels. She's more fashionable than I am and it makes me completely jealous. I've loved her clothes since I was a small girl.

Whenever I went over to her house, she'd let the boys play in the yard and she'd do my hair and makeup so I'd look like a model. Sometimes she'd even let me try on her shoes which were always way too big for me. She took pictures of me in her heels and then ones of us together after I'd been all made over.

?Aunt Helena always called me the daughter she never had and it was fun because that meant she spoiled me. She always gave me old clothes and accessories that she had no need for anymore. They were always designer and extremely beautiful. I miss those days so much.

"What are you thinking about?" Aunt Helena smiles as she puts her last article of clothing away.

"I miss your house and the makeovers so much," I say with a little smile.

"I know, me too...You're the only one of my models that sits still the whole time; even the professionals don't listen very well." Aunt Helena pinches my cheek a little and sits down on the bed with me.

Aunt Helena works with models and designers most of the time but the reason I haven't seen her in a long time is that she's been touring with a young punk band called Falling Daises as their stylist. They're picking up speed fast so Aunt Helena may be in it for the long haul. She's been on both of their tours and is gearing up for the third one.

"C'mon over here, kid..." Aunt Helena pats the chair in front of the vanity where her endless amounts of supplies are situated.

"Are you serious?" I say with a huge grin.

"Yes, are you going anywhere tonight?" Aunt Helena asks as she powers up her curling iron.

"Kind of, I'm going over to my boyfriend's for a movie night." I smile shyly.

"See, I knew this would happen. You told me when you were thirteen that you'd die alone because this idiotic guy was too dumb to see how amazing you are. I told you that you wouldn't die alone." Aunt Helena pats me on the head as she waits for her curling iron to heat up. "Tell me all about him."

"His name is Oliver."

"Aw, that's too cute; I once had a goldfish named Oliver but that didn't last very long..." Aunt Helena shuts her eyes and has an embarrassed expression on her face.

"Well, he's not going to die because I don't feed him but that was an interesting comparison..." I laugh a little as Aunt Helena runs a comb through my hair.

"It was my brother who forgot to feed him, just for the record..." She laughs and clips up the top half of my already straightened hair.

"Well, he's got brown hair and the most amazing gray-blue eyes." I feel my cheeks warm slightly as I continue talking about him. "He's really sweet and we have so much fun together."

"You're so adorable," Aunt Helena says with a smile as she continues wrapping my hair around the curling iron. "Do you have any pictures of him, so I can see what he actually looks like?" Aunt Helena lets down part of the pinned up hair and continues curling.

"Yeah, sure..." I pull my phone of my pajama bottom pocket.

I scroll through my camera roll until I find the one Oliver texted me from Halloween. I show it to Aunt Helena and she gets a huge smirk on her face.

"Beckinsile, you two are gorgeous together."

"Thank you," I smile and flip to the one we took before the Death by Diamonds concert. Oliver has his arms around me and we're smiling in front of a mirror.

"I'm so happy for you; I know you've needed a good guy in your life since what happened with that dirt bag..." The room goes silent for a little while, both of us lost in our thoughts.

When I was really depressed over Kyle, it was actually Aunt Helena who got me out of the house. My parents had tried for days to cheer me up but in the end it was Aunt Helena who actually managed to make me feel better. She just came in and gave me a talk while she made me over. She told me to never let a guy use me like Kyle did and there's no need for me to waste my life hung up on him.

She told me that he's winning if I cry my eyes out for days over what he did and there's no use in giving him the satisfaction of that. Aunt Helena said that what he did is unforgivable and that I'm lowering my standards by wishing for him to apologize and even thinking of forgiving him.

"People like him don't change; they just give you empty promises until you forgive them, then they turn around and do the same thing again...they don't even think about it; it becomes natural to them." She'd said as my tears finally stopped.

Now, whenever I think about Kyle I remember what Aunt Helena said and that drives me to not think about him anymore. Her whole talk convinced me to move on from him and I can never thank her enough for that.

"There, your hair is done..." Aunt Helena smiles as she sets down her curling iron.

I barely recognize the girl staring back at me. My hair is curled in big, fluffy curls that tumble perfectly down my shoulders.

"It's beautiful; thank you so much," I gush as I continue to admire my hair.

"Ah, ah, don't thank me yet; we still have your makeup to do." Aunt Helena turns the chair around so I'm facing away from the mirror.

She applies some creamy makeup all over my face and blends it into my natural skin. Then she starts on my eyes.

"Close your eyes, sweetheart..." I do and then she brushes some eye shadow on.

Next, I feel a pencil lining my eyes and then I'm told to open them. Aunt Helena then lines my waterline before doing my mascara. She plucks my eyebrows a little and then applies some blush. After she's all done with that, she moves onto my lips. She lines them and then puts a light shade of pink lipstick on them. As a final touch, she adds some gloss to make my lips sparkle.

"You want to see the final product?" Aunt Helena has a grin on her face as she turns me around.

My jaw drops to the floor the minute I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My green eyes pop thanks to purple eyeliner and brown eye shadow. All my imperfections are covered by the most perfect foundation job I've seen in all my life and my lips are subtle but tie the whole look together. I stand up and wrap my arms around Aunt Helena.

"Thank you so much,"

"Aw, you're so sweet; I hope Oliver likes it." She smirks as I let go of her.

"He'll be stunned to say the least." I smile back at her.

"Do you want me to drop you off?"

"In the 1963 Corvette Sting Ray?" I ask with mock surprise.

"Yeah; I need to drop some stuff off at my studio and then I'll take your brothers out somewhere. Where do they like to go anyways?"

"You put them in that car and you may never get them out..." I laugh and then walk over to the door. "They like pizza and the batting cages," I smirk at the idea of Aunt Helena in the batting cages.

"Oh joy; you have much more fun hobbies..." Aunt Helena rolls her eyes and flicks my arm.

"I know," I say cheekily.

"You better watch your sass, my friend; I learned that the hard way." Aunt Helena stands in her doorway with a smirk playing on her lips.

"Thanks so much for everything," I say and walk up stairs.

"You're so cute," Aunt Helena shakes her head and goes back into her room.

I walk up to my room and try to decide what to wear to Oliver's.

~~~~~

I texted Fiona and Ed a few minutes ago about the movie marathon and they both responded with a yes. It's 6 o'clock now and I'm dressed for Oliver's movie marathon. I'm wearing a loose shirt that Aunt Helena let me borrow and a pair of my own jeans. I have my Vans on and a few necklaces around my neck. I grab my phone before heading downstairs to meet Aunt Helena.

"Stunning," Aunt Helena applauds.

"Are the boys ready?"

"Well, your twin brother went out with his girlfriend..."

"He passed up a ride in his dream car for Terra? That's unlike him..." I chuckle.

"It caught me way off guard too but he decided to go out with her anyways. Your other brother is already in the backseat of my car 'admiring' it; he's been admiring for like half an hour, though so I'm starting to get worried. I told him that I'd take him to do whatever he wants and he seems to be good with that."

"Great; I'm ready to go whenever you are." I say with a smile.

"Let's go then." Aunt Helena winks and pulls her car keys out from her bag.

We walk out to the driveway and I slip into the beautiful car. It has buttery leather seats and a stick shift. Aunt Helena backs out of the driveway as I give her the address for her GPS. She turns up the volume and the automated voice of the GPS fills the car.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

63.4K 3.1K 50
November Florence has Three big problems in her life. (1) She is probably the only sixteen-year-old in this universe that hasn't had her first kiss...
29.3K 983 18
~A Harry Styles Fanfiction~ On her graduation day, Avery Banks thought she'd never have to see Harry Styles, the one person she hated the most, ever...
3.4K 442 9
A collab work for group competition for newfangled modish awards by freaks. A story of a cruel hearted Prince who got betrayed by his first wife and...
4M 87.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...