Some Wounds Never Heal

By MidnightRose55

**Watty Honorable Mention/Undiscovered Gem** He lies awake in bed, thoughts of her still overpowering his bra... More

Pre-Calculus at 7:30 in the Morning
Hello Whatever Your Name Is
Fancy Seeing You Again
Come Back Down From Cloud 9 Wise Guy
I Do Not Have Enough Sleep To Deal With Oliver
Welcome to Our Table of Misfits
Strawberries With Chocolate; a Timeless Combination
Dodge Ball With The Devil
An Almost Friendly Gesture
Cheers to Hopefully Surviving Tonight
A Little Bird Called Observation
Am I Checking Him Out?
Slowly Losing Your Mind
I Knew You'd Call Back
Things Are Getting Dangerous
Spare Yourself; I'm Done Here
Don't Give Up Cadillac
Save It For Someone Who Cares
Did Oliver Pull Some Of His Non-existent Charm On You?
Anything For You Sweetheart
On Top Of The World
Only You Oliver Marshall
Scarlet In The Hall With The Rope
C'mon Sweetheart
A Model Worthy of The Soccer Captain
Forever
Boys and Their Cars
Nine Ten Never Sleep Again
You're Just Going To Miss Your Ride
Soon
Is This a Pity Party?
Little Gingerbread Men
I'm Not Mean I'm Building Character
You Just Never Struck Me As That Kind of Girl
Happy New Year
I'm Fine Not Studying
Boring Punk Band That Gets Killed By Jewelry
I'd Give You Couple of The Decade Maybe
One Step At a Time
Out Cold
Author's Note
Sick Twisted Joke
Dreaming About Her
Funeral/ Vigil Songs
If I Die Young
We'll Be Together Before You Know It
Shock is Only Natural
Waiting Game
No Sudden Movements
Before You Leave Me Today
I Would've Waited
Final Author's Note

Stop It Prince Charming

3K 112 11
By MidnightRose55

Okay Guys, I'm getting really tired of writing every day at school and I'm sure you guys are getting bored of reading their daily activities because most of them have no relation to the story....So, I'm going to skip ahead a little and when I write about the day at school, from now on, it'll be because something important happened while the characters were at school or it makes the story flow better...just imagine that their school days go regularly until such a time that I describe one again...Hope you guys are enjoying...XOXO <3

Chapter 23:

Beckinsile's Point of View

I've made it through my third week of school; I mean I've actually survived three weeks of school. It's Friday evening and I'm sitting on my couch dressed for the Death by Diamonds concert. Oliver promised that he'd pick me up around six so we could get floor seats.

I tap my foot impatiently and check my phone for the tenth time in the past two minutes. It reads the same way it has the other nine times; No Messages. I fluff my hair and take one last look at my reflection in my phone.

I'm wearing a pair of jean shorts and my Rolling Stones cropped tee. My hair is styled in disheveled waves and I'm wearing red lipstick. My eyes pop out against my complexion thanks to the black liquid liner and heavy mascara. I tighten the red bandana in my hair as I hear a knock at the door.

"Ready to go, love?" Oliver asks with a smirk.

"I am, Olly Pop..."

"Look at you; just as beautiful as ever..." Oliver offers me his arm and leads me to his convertible.

"Aw, stop it, Prince Charming..." I smile and slide in across the leather of the passenger's seat.

"Can't do that, Princess." Oliver puts the key in the ignition and slowly backs out of my driveway.

In about five minutes, Oliver pulls up in front of a music club. The building is huge and painted black with splotches of a lighter color.

"At night, the splotches glow in the dark..." Oliver says picking up on my curiosity.

"That's awesome," I say as we walk towards the front doors.

The doors are painted red and have gold, lion shaped knockers. They are propped open so fans can make their way into the venue before the show. Oliver and I walk through the doors along with the other Death by Diamonds fans. I'm instantly mesmerized by the whole atmosphere inside the Black Acid Music Club.

The floors are made of black marble and there's UV lighting making everything white in the room glow. There's a bar on one wall and a collection of records hanging on the other wall. The room is at least the size of two of my house. There's tiered flooring and a huge stage set up at the bottom. People are holding cups and dancing to the songs the guest DJ is playing.

Eli, Xander, Cody and a few other guys are setting up and testing equipment. Every time one of them talks into the microphone, the whole club erupts in screams. I laugh a little as Oliver gets me some water. We walk down towards the stage to greet the boys.

"Look who made it..." Xander says the minute we approach the stage.

"We said we'd come, didn't we?" I give him a smirk as he pulls me into a hug.

I greet the rest of the boys and Oliver gives them each a bro-hug. Gosh, guys are so stupid sometimes, bro-hugs being a prime example. I smile as the boys start talking about the set-list for tonight. I look around at the various types of people that are here.

All the girls seem to be sporting different hair colors and a variation of the same outfit; a punk rock tee with shorts or a mini-skirt. The guys aren't as varied. Most of the guys have normal colored hair and are wearing muscle shirts also adorned with the name and logo of one band or another. They all have their ears pierced and in most cases their lips or eyebrows as well. It's a completely different atmosphere than I'm used to and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

"Hey babe; can I buy you a drink?" A boy with blonde hair and a lip piercing smirks at me.

He's about a foot taller than me and is wearing tight black jeans with an Alice in Chains t-shirt. He has clear blue eyes and bulging muscles. I catch his gaze and he smirks a little wider.

"Last time I checked 'babe' wasn't my name..." I roll my eyes.

"Well, maybe if you told me your name then I'd stop calling you babe."

"That's cute but you're going to have to do a lot more than that to get my name..." I cross my arms and wait for his response.

"Sassy, I like it..." The boy crosses his arms and gives me a cheeky grin.

"Yeah, so does my boyfriend..." I flip my hair and walk back over to Oliver.

"Damn, I got played..." I hear the boy swear under his breath before walking back over to the bar.

I laugh a little as the boys finally come out of their conversation.

"We have to go backstage and get ready for the concert; see you guys later..." Cody claps Oliver on the back before he and the other boys go backstage to prepare for the concert.

"Hey who was that guy you were talking to?" Oliver raises an eyebrow at me before smirking.

"Just some guy who thought that calling me babe and buying me a drink would win me over." I grab Oliver's hand.

"I'm hoping you turned him down,"

"No, I said yes and we're going back to his place after the concert...Yeah right, because that totally explains why I'm standing here holding your hand and not his..." I laugh a little and give Oliver a smile.

"Very funny," He rolls his eyes as we walk over to the bar for another drink.

"So this is your boyfriend?" The boy from earlier is smirking at me.

"I'm surprised that you've gained back enough of your ego to even talk to me..." I say and grab another water bottle.

"That's what alcohol will do to you, love..." The boy drawls and takes another swig of his drink. I scoff at him and take a drink of my water bottle.

"Call her love again and you may have more than a hangover tomorrow." Oliver clenches his fists and the boy just dismisses him with a flick of the wrist. "C'mon Becks, we better go find some form of intelligent life or his idiocy may rub off on us..." Oliver takes my hand and leads me back to one of the rows towards the front that aren't full yet.

"You're so cute when you're being overprotective..." I run my fingers through Oliver's hair as he pulls me close.

"You're mine, Beckinsile and I don't want anyone to steal you away from me." Oliver's hands rest on my waist as the DJ continues to play loud punk songs.

"And you say only pretty boys are romantic..." I roll my eyes as he releases me.

He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers as the lights dim and the show begins.

~~~~~

Death by Diamonds is on their final song which is a cover of "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus.

"Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, listen to Iron Maiden maybe with me..." The crowd shouts along with Eli as he continues the song.

My voice is hoarse from singing along all night but honestly, this is some of the most fun I've ever had.

"How does she know who I am? And why does she give a damn about me...I've got two tickets to Iron maiden, baby, Come with me Friday, don't say maybe...I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby, like you..." Eli has stopped playing the guitar and there's only drums backing his vocals.

The audience claps along as Eli strums a final few chords before bidding them goodnight. Oliver drapes his arm over my shoulder as we exit the club. His phone begins ringing and he picks up.

"Hey man, what do you need?" Oliver says into the phone.

"Yeah, we're still here..." He pulls me off to the side so we don't interrupt the flow of traffic and continues his phone conversation.

"Okay...we'll meet you there in fifteen..." Oliver says into the phone after a short pause.

"Where are we going?" I ask as Oliver grabs my hand and pulls me towards his car.

"We're meeting Eli and the boys for pizza; are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, sure..." I say and slip into shotgun.

I check the time on my phone and it says 10 P.M. "I guess it isn't just Oliver who has no sense of time..." I think to myself as Oliver pulls out onto the main road.

In fifteen minutes we arrive in front of a pizza place in the city. We walk in and find that Eli, Xander and Cody already have a table. They're seated and Eli has a girl on his lap. The whole restaurant is centered on a rustic fireplace that's surrounded by a few plush armchairs.

There are wooden tables all over the cozy space and the theme of the restaraunt seems to be a hunting lodge. I take a seat next Oliver as waitress comes to take our order. As soon as she leaves, the boys start talking about how the concert went. The girl holds her hand out to me.

"Hi, I'm Jennifer." The girl is about my height, has long hair and brown eyes surrounded by lots of makeup.

"I'm Beckinsile," I reach across the table to shake her hand.

"Did you like the concert?"

"Yeah; it was fun..." I say with a smile.

The waitress comes back with our order and the boys immediately reach for a slice. Jennifer and I take a piece next and we all silently enjoy our dinner.

~~~~~

"I'm so glad you came," Jennifer wraps me in a hug as our little group stands outside of the pizza place around midnight. "I couldn't take one more night of hearing about some gig or another. The Death by Diamonds boys are cool but they honestly have like one topic of conversation. I'm glad I had an actual conversation with somebody..."

"Same here; you're so much fun to talk to..." Jennifer and I release each other.

"Why thank you," Jennifer laughs a little as I give the boys their hugs.

Oliver grabs my hand and we walk across the parking lot to his car.

"Did you have fun?" Oliver smirks as we drive down the main road.

"Yeah; Eli was amazing!" I say as I plug my phone into his car. "Where's your USB button?"

"Right here," Oliver presses a button before hitting the brakes as we come to a stoplight.

I search through my song list until I find my latest song obsession. I turn it up and wait for the chorus to come up. Oliver, apparently, knows the song and has been singing along since the beginning.

"I used to be love drunk but now I'm hung over...I'll love you forever, forever is over...we used to kiss all night but now it's just a bar fight, so don't call me crying, say hello to goodbye...cause just one sip would make me sick, I used to be love drunk but now I'm hung over...I'll love you forever, but now it's over..." Oliver and I are still shouting the lyrics as he rolls up in front of my house.

"Thank you so much for such an amazing night..." I smile down at my lap.

"You're welcome; let me walk you up to your door..." Oliver steps out of the car and waits for me to do the same.

We walk up together, hand in hand. I search my pockets for my keys but apparently I left them inside.

"I'm such an idiot," I mumble while I knock lightly on the door. "Thanks again," I say as Oliver wraps his hands around my waist.

"You don't need to say that every time; it was my pleasure, though." Oliver leans down just as the door opens.

"Were you two in the middle of something?" I see Gabe leaning in the doorway with an idiotic smirk on his face.

"No," I mumble as Oliver releases me.

"No, don't mind me; I'm not much of an overprotective brother, unless you cheat on her then I won't hesitate to shoot you." Gabe crosses his arms and gives Oliver a joking look.

"Gabriel Robert Williams," I shake my head and cross my arms. "Do you have to embarrass me in front of everybody?"

"Yes; I'm your brother, it's kind of in the job description, Beckinsile Madeline Williams..." I glare at Gabe which amuses him because he knows that he's hit a sore spot with the full name.

"So that's your middle name," I look over and see Oliver smiling at me.

"Yes, is that a problem?" I cross my arms and glare at both of them.

"No, I think it's beautiful, love..." Oliver gives my hand a squeeze before walking back to his car.

"Thanks a lot, Gabriel." I push past him and enter the house.

"What? I did nothing this time..."

"Fine, when Terra comes over I'll tell her if she hurts my baby brother I'll tear her limb from limb; would you like that?" I give Gabe a hard look.

"Oh, come on, Becks; I was just playing with him..." Gabe scruffs my hair and pulls me into a hug.

I end up wrapping my arms around him since it was that or be smothered.

"See; now was that really that hard?" Gabe and I walk up stairs where mom, dad and Nate are already sleeping which is highly unusual for all of them.

"Yes, it was..." I say with a smirk as I walk into my room.

"Goodnight, Becks..."

"Goodnight, Gabe..." I say as I shut the door and collapse onto my bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 11.1K 30
"She's here, I smell her." He walked through the long line of girls, his nose in the air. I look down when he stops at me. "Look at me dear." He com...
70.4K 2.4K 28
Life takes an ironic turn for Olivia Winstons when her long-time boyfriend, Sion, betrays her for her childhood friend, Emma. Despite their promises...
260K 11.8K 34
*cover by FlowerOfCamelis* Cannon Venturi: The best friend of teen sensation, Hunter Bolton. Cannon can sing, act, and dance, but he had never...
782K 25.2K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...