Lovely Possibilities (Varian...

By Midnight-Drawing77

Varian One-Shots and Scenarios that come to my mind and that I want write down before its gone. These are ide... More

When She Loved Me (Toy! Varian x Reader)
Heartbeats Through Different Worlds
Sleepytime Boyfriend (Older! Varian x Reader)
Give The Angel Her Due (Varian x Villain! Reader)
Grá Go Geo (Love Forever) [Toddler! Varian x Babysitter! Reader]
As The World Falls Down
Possibilities (Varian x Shy! Reader)
Unleash the Magic (Moon! Varian x Reader)
Hiccup Fever
Snowball
Hare Peace
Night Bite
Hairdon't
Fatal Posy (Chibi! Varian x Chibi! Reader)
Rooftop Dinner (Chibi! Varian x Chibi! Reader)
Curiosity Killed The Cat (Chibi! Varian x Chibi! Reader)
What Do You Guys Think? (Varian x Pirate! Reader)
Linger (Older! Varian x Older! Reader)
Forget-Me-Nots (Varian x Older! Reader) Pt.1
Forget-Me-Not (Varian x Older! Reader) Pt.2
All Hallow's Eve (Varian x Reader)
Safe Haven (Varian x Reader)
✨Fanart of Mine (Varian dressed as Wirt)✨
✨Fanart of Mine (Varian and Hiro)✨
White Roses Painted Red (Varian x Reader)
✨Fanart of Mine (Precious Moments: "Let Me Make You Proud")✨
King Varian (Ice Skater! Varian x Reader)
The Demon Within (Varian x Reader)
The Collection (Varian x Reader)
Miss Scary-Boo (Chibi! Varian x Chibi! Reader)
✨Choose-A-OneShot ✨
Bewitched (Varian x Vampire! Reader) Pt.1
Special
✨Fanart of Mine✨ (Varian enjoying Hot Chocolate)
Home (Prince! Varian x Queen/Mother! Reader)
I Won't Say (I'm In Love) Varian x Male! Reader
For Good (Varian x Male! Reader)
Married Life (Older! Varian x Older! Reader)
Serenity
(Varian x Older! Reader)
✨A Question For You All.
Bewitched (Varian x Vampire! Reader) Pt.2
✨Fanart of Mine: Santa Senpai✨
It's Christmas Time (Chibi Varian x Chibi Reader)
Love Potion Accident (Hogwarts AU)
✨Fanart of Mine: Hogwarts AU (TTS/BH6)✨
When He Shows Affection
All About Your Heart
Love Rivalry
✨TTS Character Birthdays and Zodiacs
Remember Me This Way (Platonic)
Abnormal (Varian x Albino! Reader)
The Warm Hearted Feeling
☆Fanart of Mine: Profile Picture☆
Vamparian x Reader
•°☆Day of Hearts☆°•
Star-Crossed (Modern! Varian x Reader)
*My Digital/Fanart from my Instagram*
Birthday Fever
Can't Stay Away (Vampire! Reader x Varian) 1
For Spinel or Steven Universe Lovers

Give and You Shall Receive

2.4K 71 15
By Midnight-Drawing77

[TYPE]

One-Shot

----------------------------------------------

[SUMMARY]

Varian had free time from prison, but only by being with you to help him feel better. Time with you had done Varian good.

----------------------------------------------

[NOTE]

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you had at least a decent holiday break. If not, then I hope this one-shot helps bring you a tiny bit of happiness.

--------------------------------------------

“There!”

A black, white, and baby blue knitted sweater is held up along with a matching set of mittens and earmuffs. It's neatly folded next to more piles of different winter wear sets and all different sizes and colors.

“Now for the boxing and wrapping.” You say happily with a yawn. “Half a year works of sweaters, beanies, earmuffs, and mittens to hand out.”

Every year you would make homemade things to hand to everyone who don't have their holidays so good. Each time, it felt so nice to see their happy faces and just brightening up their day.

With each crinkle of wrapping paper, soft pops of the box lids and faint zips of bows being tied made you want to finish your work. You were so adsorbed in your work that you didn't hear the front door open and close.

“(___), I...uh...made pie!” Varian calls out and shakes his head from snow. Rudiger runs into your kitchen to look for food.

You smile widely and rush in to see Varian place the pie on the small table, though you frown when you see the iron cuffs still on his wrists. “Do they always have to leave those on when they drop you off?” Your hair falls when you pull a pin from it to unlock the cuffs.

“Thanks.” Varian smiles softly. “At least the guards don't stay around.”

You hum in acknowledgement and grin, smelling the pie. “They let you use the kitchens? This looks so delicious.”

“The Queen gave permission, so yeah.” Varian shifts his gaze to the piles of gifts. “I see you're done, maybe after we have pie I'll load them up in the wagon.”

“Sounds good.” You cut the pie and had him a slice on a plate.

Varian laughs softly when you slip a Santa hat onto his head, “Really?”

“Yes, really. You're my helper.”

His heart flutters when you give him a quick hug to his head.

At first when you met Varian for the first time, he was very distant and his visits were just sitting there while you gave small talk. Soon it became him giving small replies to both of you laughing at random things you two did.

Your home was the only place Varian could let it all out and not worry about jail since Princess Rapunzel was yet to return from her travels somewhere beyond the Corona walls.

“Ready?” You ask after eating your pie and slipping on a Christmas themed coat.

Varian chuckles, “You sure are excited about this.”

“Why wouldn't I? It feels so amazing when you give gifts.” You run outside into the snow to get your horse ready.

Varian stares softly at your form disappearing into the barn and he sighs in content as Rudiger runs past him to follow you. Varian grabs what he can in his arms and walks out.

You had gotten on the saddle when Varian came in to place the gifts on the small wagon.

“Here. I got Silvia. You go get more gifts.” Varian get all the buckles to hook your horse to the wagon.

“Okay!” You run back to your house.

Varian slips the reins onto Silvia and pets her muzzle, “I don't know if I can do it, girl. (___) is absolutely amazing and…” He sighs dreamily, “She just….wow.”

Silvia nudges Varian's head and smiles.

“Do you think she'll return my feelings?”

Silvia snorts and raises a brow at him, then she nods.

“I hope you're right.” Varian finishes right when you stumble in with the presents stacked high in your arms.

You can Varian finally get the wagon ready and hop onto your horse. Varian sat behind you while you held the reins on your hands. Rudiger sits in the wagon to make sure none of the gifts fall out.

“I don't think I should be going onto Corona.” Varian says nervously.

You look back at him and take his hand, “You'll be okay. I know when I go out, you stay at my house, but I don't want you to be alone.”

It eased him a bit, but once you two enter Corona. Almost everyone began to stare, mainly at Varian. Subconsciously, Varian wraps his arms around you and casts his gaze downward.

When you two delivered gifts, you always had to go with Varian and at first he would look sad. As the day carried on, some townsfolk would be happy when they got the gifts and would smile at Varian. Slowly, but surely, Varian's mood brightened up again.

Especially when he gave gifts to the orphans who gave him hugs in return.

You watched from the saddle as Varian began making deliveries by himself and would come back with a happy smile. The last one was left on the wagon and you two made your way back to your house.

“It wasn't that bad now, was it?” You ask, walking Silvia back into her stable.

“No. After awhile it was fun.” Varian says.

“I'm happy you enjoyed it. Though I wouldn't had mind coming back to drop you off.” You pick up Rudiger and the last present.

“And ruin your fun and the good moment for the other townsfolk.” Varian rubs his neck nervously and holds open the door for you.

You place Rudiger down and turn to Varian. “Now the last one to deliver.” You hold up the box.

Varian smiles and opens it excitedly. He pulls out a sweater, earmuffs, and mittens. They were the color of black, baby blue, and white.

You smile warmly as he hugs the sweater to his face and nuzzles into the knitted material. “I hope you like it.”

“I do. I really do like it.” He bites his lip and places the gift aside. “I….I want to give you your present.” He couldn't help, but blush and compared to his light skin and freckles, the blush was very visible.

This slightly gave you the idea of what Varian wanted to give you and honestly, you were very flattered. His shyness kinda gave it away.

“I have another present for you, Varian. So how about we exchange it at the same time?” You say shyly and take his hand in your own.

Varian nods.

“One….” You start.

“Two…” Varian gulps.

“Three.”

You and Varian lean in to kiss each other on the cheeks. Both of you pull away while laughing and your hands are still entwined. You immediately wrap your arms around Varian and hug him close.

Varian does the same and holds you tightly with a loving smile on his face. “I'm glad the King gave permission for me to stay the night because now I can enjoy your hugs more.” He nuzzles his nose on your hair.

You sigh happily and nuzzle your cheek on his chest, “Now I'm happy.”

If you give then you shall receive.

Each year you had given all what they needed and you had received someone who has given you happiness.

Varian had given what little he had and he had received the love he had forgotten and also freedom the very next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

732 24 9
I need a book of smaller shorts that i write and have saved in my drafts that never see the light of day. So here it is! Mostly just VAT7K situations...
40.6K 520 28
I'm really bad at descriptions so I'll make it short and quick. A whole lot of stories of Varian and you. Please comment any requests you have. Also...
4.6K 87 40
Hello my people! this will be Whittyxreader oneshots, feel free to request!:)
68K 1.1K 56
All about You and Varian having amazing adventures in alternate universes and the Tangled universe. This book is finished as of January 1st 2019. Req...