Can't Stay Away (Vampire! Reader x Varian) 1

[TYPE]:

Long One-Shot

Part three of the Vampire! Reader x Varian Arc.

Part: (1/?)

-----------------------------------------

[SUMMARY]:

A couple of years went by when Varian has last heard of the She-Vampire and by now he doubts that she was real. All the memories he had with her start to feel just like dreams and starting to be forgotten. Though the alchemist wouldn't stop searching….for you.

-----------------------------------------

Maybe it was a dream. 

That was the only logical explanation by all the memories and not seeing the girl anywhere. No one knew who she was when he asked around, but it still didn't explain how Rudiger came into the picture. 

The years that passed felt like forever and Varian had this sense of waiting for something. Possibly someone? 

“Son, today you have to check up on the water heaters for the villagers.” 

The young man pushes his hair back to snap himself out of thought and he smiles a bit at his father. “I know, but thank you for reminding me again.” He slips on a satchel full of tools he may need and heads out to the underground machines which after a few years were working perfectly. 

There were many other inventions Varian had perfected to help the village and the kingdom though they never kept away the memories for long. Subconsciously, his hand would run over his neck and immediately a feeling of bliss washes over him. 

“Gah!”

Varian nearly flipped over a wooden fence but he catches himself. Luckily no one was around to see his clumsy action.

In the caverns, the young man checked over all the machines and they all were in good condition. So with that taken care of, Varian went over to another work area set up underground and he pulled a lever which caused a metal door to lift. 

A giant map of the Kingdom of Corona and half of the land outside the walls were hanging against the rough walls of the rocky room. 

Big red X’s were crossed off in certain forest areas of the land, so far, he needed to check the forests outside of Corona. This feeling had just taken over him for years and it made Varian want to find the place in his dreams…..memories?

He believed that you were somehow real. 

But if you were real, why hasn't he seen you or at least we glimpses or traces of you anywhere. The only reason Varian was doing this in secret was because his dad had forbidden him to find something that wasn't real. A tale.

His blue eyes stare at the map before he hangs his head in a stressful manner. His mind began to wander back to those faint memor-- dreams. Those glittery red eyes that matched the glare of red diamonds. That soothing and warm voice slipping through his ears--

“Varian~....”

Varian could hear your voice at random times and during those times, he'd fall into a daze. Until her heartbroken voice leaves him feeling the same. 

“I'm sorry….”

A concerned chitter snaps him out of it and sitting there on the table in front of Varian was Rudiger.