Married Life (Older! Varian x Older! Reader)

[TYPE]:

Scenario (Short)

----------------------------------------------------

***[WARNING]***

ANGST/DARK

(Be Warned) Happy shoots down to Extreme Sadness

----------------------------------------------------

The sunlight illuminated the bedroom with a natural glow that no lantern or light could compare. It brought a sense of warmth and happiness to the two forms sitting upon the full sized bed.

A page turned from the book in a pair of hands, giving the satisfying crinkle sound and to make it more enjoyable? Another pair of hands which belonged to a young adult male held a quill. The dark ink danced across the blank pages with a smooth gliding sound.

Their eyes weren't on each other, but they knew being close to each other was enough. Love didn't have to be said with them, but felt in each others presence.

The quill was placed back in the ink bottle while the book was closed and put on the floor. The young man moves to lay down and drapes an arm around the waist of a young lady as she continues reading. His head relaxes on her stomach while closing his eyes in content.

Her one hand not holding the book reaches over to run her fingers through his dark locks of hair.

Nothing could ever take away these moments he loved so much and wished it will continue on for years. The sweet little promises, kisses, and love the shared with others and each other…...

…...Until that day.

Varian opened his eyes to see the spot next to him was empty.

The sunlight didn't bring in the small glow like it held once before. The silence was too silent. He removed the covers and got up, heading downstairs.

Every step was pure agony.

There in the living room his beautiful wife, (___), stood and she was gazing out the window. She looked lost and Varian knew too well that she was completely lost.

All he could do was always be there for her like he promised.

“(___), Sweetheart?” Varian reached out cautiously. “Hey, let's head back upstairs.”

Your dazed, yet dazzling (color) eyes look at Varian in confusion, “Aren't we supposed to go to Rapunzel's Baby Shower later?”

The forced smile made Varian want to cry and he held it in like he did every year. The truth wouldn't matter. No matter how many times and different ways he told you. The truth would always be wiped clean from your memory the next day.

“She said they canceled it because she wanted to make it perfect, since it's going to rain today.” He wraps his arms around you and leads you back to the bedroom.

“Oh, well that's Rapunzel for you.” You laughs lightly.

Varian holds you close while you snuggle into him and fall asleep. Those tears he had let out all the time came falling from his eyes. Everyday he experienced heartbreak and yet, you didn't seem affected much.

He hated say that the baby shower was 10 years ago. You would panic and freak out, then….just break down. All because of the Royal Carriage crashing extremely bad. You, Varian, Rapunzel's baby and Eugene were the only ones who made it out.

Except, you took more damage to your head than Varian had thought.

Every time you fell asleep, you would lose the memory of the day before and only go back to the day of the accident again.

But no matter what, Varian would always be there beside you. He had always hoped you'd grow old together, but now? He hoped it wouldn't come to that. Your appearance will change and you'll notice the repeating painful truth.

Varian leans down and kisses you on your lips with all the love he still has. Wishing that it was one of those true love's kiss that will magically fix everything.

“I love you, (___)......s-so much. Forever and e-ever.”