Birthday Fever

[TYPE]:

Short Story

(Slighty) Older! Varian x Reader

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[NOTE]:

I drew the digital drawing up ahead. I hope you guys like it. Plus this was a request and I hope that it turned out okay.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

The courtyard of Corona Castle was filled with many table which held very neat decorations and silverware for guests coming a very special event. At one of the tables, a dark hair teen kept angling silver utensils so they were perfectly aligned with the plates. 

Suddenly a black and grey fur ball jumps onto the table and making the stuff move out of place. 

"Rudiger!" Varian gasps and groans while gently moving his companion to the ground. "Stay off the tables." He began fixing the utensils again. 

"Relax, Kid. It'll be fine." Eugene says from the middle of the courtyard while painting on a big piece of paper. Max stood next to him and holding up the bucket of paint that Rapunzel kindly let them borrow. 

Varian sighs and smiles slightly, "I just want this to be perfect." 

Eugene hangs up the final letter of your name with pride, "Well check this out. My handy calligraphy has come into use." 

The teen alchemist stares at the dripping paint and messing words, except for the fancy looking A's.

"Of course, my accomplishment in my 3 days of schooling was a fancy A in writing so I'm sorry if I'm bragging." Eugene grins with charm. 

With a shake of his head, Varian walks over to pick up a decor that Rudiger had knocked over. "Are you sure I can leave you in charge here? Because I don't want anything to happen to this courtyard." He goes toward Shorty who say in a chair and fixed his tie.

"Absolutely. Besides, what could happen?" Eugene salutes. 

Varian sniffs and wipes his nose before the front gates open to reveal the Princess leading a giant cart with a giant layered cake toward the ice sculpture of your favorite animal. 

"The cake is finished!!! Just on time, especially with pieces of it having ice cream in the middle! Yum!" Rapzunel gazing dreamily at the cake. 

Varian exhaled calmly and examines the cake, "It looks amazing!" His eyes widen. "SHORTY! What are you doing?!" 

Shorty froze on the spot and stopped mid-chew with a handful of cake in his hand. He looks at Varian and smiles widely, "Uh, eating the cake. The princess said the cake is finished and I taste ice cream." 

Varian pinches the bridge of his nose in stress, "Shorty, that cake is for (____)." 

A light bulb seemed to go off in the little old man's head, "Right, right, I have to save some for the Little Lady." He spits the chewed cake onto the piece he had in his hand and goes to put it back onto the cake. 

"Wait, wait, WAIT!" Varian, Rapunzel, and Eugene wave their hands to stop him. 

It was too late.