Sleepytime Boyfriend (Older! Varian x Reader)

[TYPE]:

SCENARIO: Older Varian x Reader

---------------------------------------------------------

[SUMMARY]

Nightmares never bother you until you have one that leaves you feeling uneasy.

Luckily your boyfriend is there to help.

-------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]

I'm tired and I just thought of this because I listened to Sleepytime Boyfriend. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------

Varian lays his cheek on the palm of his hand while the other wrote down formulas into this book.

He didn't bother checking the time, but it was late and you had fallen asleep earlier. Usually you would stay up later, but you run a tiny shop which requires keeping everyone in the village with needed necessities.

The small fire from the candle illuminated the room in a soft glow. Varian didn't notice when you sat up in the bed and glance around in uneasiness.

Nightmares never bothered you, but this particular one seemed to leave a sense of anxiety. You rub your face and try to shake off the feeling because you didn't want to bother your boyfriend.

"(_____), did I wake you?" Varian asked. Rudiger had been asleep on the desk and lifted his head up in your direction, which alerted Varian.

"No......." You tiredly glance over at him and yawn. "What are you doing?"

Varian blinks and looks to his book, chuckling softly, "Just writing down some formulas...." He pauses and gets up to stretch.

"I had a nightmare."

Varian takes the candle holder and walks over, placing it on the side table near his bed. "A nightmare?" He crawls in beside you and raises a brow, smirking. "I thought they don't bother you."

You sigh with a pout, "They don't, but......I just can't shake the feeling it left this time."

Varian start to laugh lightly and you blush, feeling offended that he's laughing. You glare and turn away, "It's not funny....jerk!" You punch his arm.

"Don't get mad at me......" He calms down a bit, rubbing his arm, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, okay?" Varian gives you a sweet smile, "It's just you're so cute."

You ignore him and start getting grumpy.

Varian snickers and holds out his arms, "Aw, come on. Let me give you a hug."

"You're tricking, I know you, Varian." You scoff.

He rolls his eyes and smiles, "I am not tricking you." Varian still holds up his arms and waits, but you don't move.

You frown and stare off at nothing. Sometimes Varian is sweet and all, but he has his moments were he just teases you. Most of the time going to far.

"Hm?" Varian notices you're spacing out again and grows a little worried, "(_____). What's wrong? Did I go too far again?"

You shrug, "A bit."

Varian sighs silently and thinks.

You feel the bed dip behind you and see Varian sitting up and holding out his arms again. He grins playfully, "So you're telling me you don't want a hug orrrr?"

There he is all sweet again and most of the time it's hard to keep up with that quick witted boyfriend of yours. Though he is understanding, especially when it comes to you.

"Yeah." You pout in defeat. Who could resist that face? Those blue eyes, the freckled face, and just everything about him.

"Okay, buuuuuut unfortunately the deadline for my hug has passed." Varian crosses his arms with a look of triumph. "Why would I hug anyone like you anyway?"

You blink at him and feel anger take over, "Why you little-" You grab your pillow and hit him as he laughs.

After awhile, you slow down and pant heavily. Varian takes that time and wraps his arms around you, laughing happily. You slightly yell when he pulls you down to lay on top of him.

Varian grins innocently and you narrow your eyes, burying your face on his chest. "Still a jerk." You mumble.

Varian breaths out in content, "I'm not a jerk. I'm you boyfriend because jerks don't love you in the end." He kisses your head. "Besides, I was just teasing and!"

You meet Varian's loving expression, "You are the one that will always belong in my arms. So of course there is no deadline."

Varian leans down to kiss you tenderly. You melt and wrap your arms around his neck.

Once you both pull away, you move to lay next to him and snuggle close to him. "I love you, even though you can be such a pain sometimes."

Varian hums and holds you close, yawning tiredly. "And I love you too, (_____).....and I really do love seeing the different expressions you make when I tease you."

You were too tired to retort back and simply hug Varian. His body feeling comfortable next to yours, like a pillow to hug. You didn't even realize that Varian's shenanigans had caused you to forget the nightmare and the bad feeling it left behind.

Now it's Sleepytime with Your Boyfriend, Varian.