Home (Prince! Varian x Queen/Mother! Reader)

[TYPE]:

One-Shot

Celestial Prince Varian AU

----------------------------------------------------------

[QUICK SUMMARY]:

You are the Queen of a very beautiful kingdom that is said not to exist and being a mother of a very curious Prince Varian was tiring, but you loved him more than your kingdom.

Curiosity was also dangerous and to question things beyond the universe was like giving up your light to the darkness.

Even after his rebirth, you waited for him to come home.

-----------------------------------------------------

[NOTE]:

Based on the story Pan's Labyrinth. And this was just an idea that popped into my head.

----------------------------------------------------

An Untold Story lost in time is the most precious of them all. One that is only told through rare ancient elders who are very close to death. Most of them are long gone and the story now lives upon ancient rock where no one has yet to discover.

A Kingdom which has many names. Heaven, Paradise, Elysium, Nirvana, Valhalla, and many more upon eons.

This story told of a young Prince who's curiosity stretched beyond the universe. The Queen had always been proud of her son's open mind, but she grew weary when he began to question the universe itself. That was dangling your life force upon the darkness which takes light.

The Queen knew that she could not stop what her son is so passionate about. All she could do was be there for him until the time came that he will learn what true knowledge meant.

Though she never knew it would come so soon.

“My Son! Please stop!” The Queen shouted. Her long (color) hair flowing back as her crown fell to the stairs. It landed with a clank that sounded like wind chimes.

At the very top, stood a boy with his hair dark as midnight and eyes reflecting the bluest skies. There in front of him was the Void of True Knowledge. Those who had went through had never came back home. The Prince held out his hand an inch away when he heard his mother's pleas.

“Varian.” Her voice held so much grief that her son didn't want to look at her. “I beg you as not a Queen, but as your mother. Don't go beyond which we can't control.”

Prince Varian felt anguished at the choice he had to make. “You don't understand. I have to learn more, to see for myself which can be useful for the Kingdom. Mother, please understand.”

“VARIAN!” The Queen reached out and held onto him as he jumped.

A bright light burst throughout the whole kingdom, leaving everything in nothing but light. Upon the heavens, two bright lights separated.

One dropped from the sun and landed upon the earth.

The other streaked across the sky and crashed.

From the sundrop, a flower grew.

From the comet formed an opal.

In the void of light, the Queen cried with her son in her arms as they floated in the nothingness. Her hair glowed like the Sun and her glittering tears dripping upon the unconscious boy.