The Demon Within (Varian x Reader)

[WARNING: Scary/Humor Story and CRINGY, I think.]

For the Light-Hearted.

Which I am sorry for the last one shot, but here you go. A scary yet humorous story for you.

Based on one of the Hilarious Scary Stories on Chilling Tales For Dark's Youtube Channel.

><~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~><

[TYPE]:

One-Shot

Shorty's Story (Varian x Reader)

HALLOWEEN EDITION

><~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~><

[SHORT SUMMARY]:

With the last story traumatizing to Rapunzel, everyone agrees for Shorty to take up on light-hearted scary story and he tells it from his point of view.

Unfortunately what he has in store would have them all jumping out of their seats.

As for you, unfortunately, you were awake to see the true horrors that come out of a body….

><~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~><

“Hey now! How's about Shorty goes next, huh?” Eugene takes a seat next to Rapunzel and puts an arm around her. “He's weird and funny guy. Maybe we can get a good old fashioned scary story.”

Lance nods, “I agree with Eugene.”

Cassandra groans, “Fine. Just for Rapunzel, then after that we get back to trying to scare each other.”

Attila seems unsure, “Uh….are you sure we should trust him to tell us anything?”

“Why?” You ask, still staying close to Varian who had his arm around you. “Is it that scary or something?”

“No. He tends to say nonsense sometimes.” Attila scoots away from Shorty and nudges him. “Hey Shorty, it's your turn.”

Shorty sits up and looks confused, “What?”

“It's your turn.” Cassandra tells him.

“Oh okay.” Shorty clears his throat, “This, might I add, is a true story.”

Everyone takes glances at each other in confusion, but let him continue on.

°°~*¤*~°°

The campfire illuminates the area around the group of friends. The forest giving off an eerie vibe along with the dark clouds drifting past the bright moon.

The friends began to tell stories to scare each other senseless. So far, only two have gone and now it was all left to me-

°°~*¤*~°°

“Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling us what is happening right now?” Eugene interrupts.

“SHHH!!!! Quiet, Pumpkin Spice! I am telling the most realistic story of all.” Shorty glares and points at Eugene.

Eugene raises a brow, “Did he just call me Pumpkin Spice?”

Cassandra snickers in her hands.

Shorty clears his throat and continues to tell his story in first person, “Please excuse the interrupting chimp there.”

“CHIMP?!” Eugene yells, but Rapunzel covers his mouth.

You scoot closer to Varian since you two were sitting more closer to Shorty who clears his throat again, “So….I have all my greatest buds all around me. We're having such a great time, especially myself, who was enjoying the small fluffy marshmallows by the bag fulls. I just love seeing the smiles on all my friends face. My recent friends Varnilla and Lassie.”

Shorty points to you and Varian and you two just roll your eyes.

“But on this night.” Shorty frowns deeply, “Oh this very night I dread it all. Coming out with my buddies and getting lost in these forests with them. They were trapped with me…...and then....” Shorty grips his stomach, “I felt it.”

The eight of you glance at each other.

“A feeling I have never felt in a LONG time. A terrible ugly feeling.” Shorty looked at all of youlie e seemed helpless. “I hoped that all my friends faces could help me overcome and not give into the demon within.”

“But…..I could feel it….” Shorty holds his stomach and retrains, “....clawing to get out.” He pants. “I didn't want to. I couldn't!” He stands up quickly, “I needed to get away from you guys!”

You guys had no idea what he was being dramatic about, but he was sounded serious. The kind of serious that Shorty couldn't pull off.

“Shorty?” Varian hesitantly reaches out.

“DON'T TOUCH ME!!” Shorty bent over and groans, gripping his stomach. “I'm struggling with the inner battle!” His eyes widen, “No! NO! I can't contain it!!!” Shorty screams out desperately. “It's…..HAPPENING!”

A loud monstrous noise echoes throughout the area and rumbles across the sky, causing crows to fly off cawing in fright.

Everyone, including you and Varian stare in horror and scream, running far from Shorty. Lance nearly throws up and you all cling to each other while watching Shorty from afar as the noise continues.

Eugene nearly chokes as the camp fire grows higher, “Oh my, it's even making the fire grow!”

Soon it all goes silent.

Afterwhile, Shorty began chuckling before it grew to a sinister laugh. “Ha ha… hahahaAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Shorty sits back up normally and sighs in relief, giving his dopey smile. “Ah…..that hit the spot.” He looks around in confusion. “Where'd you guys go?” He sniffs and giggles, “Someone cut the cheese. Okay, who did it?” He turns to see everyone away from the campfire.

“That…...was….Was that even a fart?” You shiver and cover your mouth and nose.

The stench of Shorty's Legendary Fart still lingered faintly.

Cassandra had her nose covered too, “I can't believe this happened when I was around. Ugh! Now we have to wait for the smell to disperse.”

Varian stared in shock, “How can something like that shake the whole area? That is not normal and just…..ew.”

You burst out laughing.

[WHO GOES NEXT?]:

Lance

Eugene

Rapunzel

[Sorry if this one was short.]