Abnormal (Varian x Albino! Reader)

For LunaNightRider1002
(I hope this came out well. Enjoy!)

-----------------------------------------------------

Wearing layers of clothing can be a pain and it's even more of a pain to hide your face from everyone wherever you go. No, it wasn't because you're on the run or wanted. You were very different from everyone. More like sticking out like a sore thumb.

It all started from when you were born. Clearly something was wrong physically. It was very rare.

Which is why, you'd rather cover every part of your body to hide yourself.

Your gloved hand reaches out to inspect the fruits at the stand in this kingdom called Corona.

Honestly, you were tired of traveling and trying to find answers to your conditions. Or at least find someone with the same problem as you. So far, no such luck and it was getting more difficult to move from place to place. This meant you never kept anything personal.

Fortunately, this Kingdom of Corona inside the walls is where you found a permanent home.

The unfortunate part was that it was in the forest.

Except life decided to make things good and bad at the same time. Which was bringing in a friend.

A young alchemist close to your age named Varian who lived in Old Corona. He was always curious about why you lived alone or why you wore many lawyers of clothing. Varian could help you with your condition, but will he want to after he sees you?

The forest became thicker with the trees making shade from the sun. Very cool especially in the summer heat.

You take out your canteen and refill it. Nobody seemed to be around, so you took the peaceful moment to pull off your hood and unwrap the scarf from your face.

The cool air brushed across your very pale skin, it was almost pure white. You let out a refreshing breath and look down at your reflection in the water.

Your hair wasn't brown, red, blonde, black, no…. It was white. Even your eyebrows and eyelashes which barely blended in with your skin.

What people were most afraid of were your eyes.

It was a pale blue, but a hint of faint red around the irises.

You were abnormal, compared to everyone.

In the reflection of the water, your eyes spot movement. Another face and it looked like Varian. Varian…….your eyes widen and you stumble away. “Varian!”

Varian's blue eyes are wide with wonder, “Fascinating.”

You flinch when he kneels down to gently hold your face with his gloved hands like he was holding something fragile. You were just waiting for anything bad to come from his mouth or a harsh action.

“Your skin, your eyes. I've never seen this before.” Varian was breathless and he leans in closer to examine your eyes.

The way he said that made you blush and you hated it because it's very noticeable on your white skin. All you could do was look away. That and he was too close for comfort.

Varian realizes this and sits back quickly. “S-sorry.” He rubs his arm and his cheeks flush pink in embarrassment. “So…” He gives a nervous laugh.

The air grew tense and very awkward. To make it worse, you pull the hood back on and sit there with your knees tucked close to you. Varian had no idea how to bring up your appearance.