Dark Love

Oleh luminous-pixie

16+/ When the innocence of a sheltered girl collides with the destructive force of a troubled man, their inev... Lebih Banyak

Dark Love
Epigraph
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1- Sneaking out
Chapter 2 - First encounters
Chapter 2.2 - Danger
Chapter 3 - Unexpected visitors
Chapter 4 - Sweet complications
Chapter 5 - Family dinners
Chapter 6 - Bad news
Chapter 7 - His apartment
Chapter 8 - Farewell
Chapter 9 - Pool fun
Chapter 10 - Private apologies
Chapter 11 - Uninviting parties
Chapter 12 - Apologies 2.0
Chapter 13 - The beach
Chapter 14 - Dark revelations
Chapter 15 - After-effects
Chapter 16 - The mall
Chapter 18 - Possessive threats
Chapter 19 - Parker
Chapter 20 - Sinful pleasure
The Thorns To Her Rose
Chapter 21 - Road trips
Chapter 22 - Obsession
Chapter 23 - Dark desires
Chapter 24 - Tension
Chapter 25 - Forbidden romance
Chapter 26 - Lost trust
Chapter 27 - Broken hearts
Chapter 28 - Scary night out
Chapter 29 - Insanity
Chapter 30 - Mentally trapped
Chapter 31 - Secrets and lies
Chapter 32 - Confrontation
Chapter 33 - Party planning
Chapter 34 - Seeking forgiveness
Chapter 35 - Questioning friendships
Chapter 36 - Birthday girl
Chapter 37 - First dates
Chapter 38 - Beach appetite
Chapter 39 - Pink hair
Chapter 40 - Cabin trips
Chapter 41 - Desperate longing
Chapter 42 - Close call
Chapter 43 - Back to school
Chapter 44 - Dear diary
Chapter 45 - Repercussions
Chapter 46 - Leaving him
Chapter 47 - He's back
Chapter 48 - Punishing mistakes
Chapter 49 - Stolen desire
Chapter 50 - Revealed truths
Chapter 51 - Bloody hands
Chapter 52 - Hidden truths
Chapter 53 - Hollow grief
Chapter 54 - Therapy
Chapter 55 - The accused
Chapter 56 - The truth
Chapter 56.2 - Goodbyes
Chapter 57 - The funhouse
The Epilogue
Book 2 - Dark Temptation
Future stories🥀

Chapter 17 - Text messages

38.9K 1K 1.8K
Oleh luminous-pixie

Text messages

**💙**

My body completely froze over, my breathing stilled and my heart skipped a beat. I stared ahead of me, wondering if it would be rude if I ignored him and pretended to not hear him. Since he was so occupied with a girl that looked just like me I doubted he would even care. I turned around slowly to see the blonde girl looking at me with wide eyes. She seemed almost just as surprised as I was to see her.

I felt my heart drop in my chest while looking at a lookalike of myself, leaning against Logan. Every moment that I shared with Logan suddenly felt void of anything, no emotion and no meaning. I was clearly just one of the girls he messed around with, I couldn't believe that he would stoop so low as to mess around with a girl that appeared to look just like me. It was all just some sick game to him. When he told me that I could call him whenever I was feeling sad I thought that he truly meant it. I was delusional for believing his lies, and I was clearly already forgotten by him.

It was funny how I couldn't stop thinking about him and he wouldn't think twice before forgetting all about me. I must have meant that little to him. It was obvious now.

"What are you doing here?" Logan asked, his voice hard. I turned my eyes to finally look at him after my stare down with my lookalike. When my eyes met his I physically took a step back at how much anger and frustration they held.

I couldn't find the words to answer his question. What else would I be doing here anyway?

"I....I-"

"You what?" He demanded.

"I was shopping obviously." I blurted, feeling annoyance bubble up in my chest. I was supposed to be mad at him, he had no right to be mad at me for absolutely no reason. I should have never followed that girl, this is what it lead to.

"Who are you?" The girl finally asked, her voice soft. "You look just like me." She said, her eyes seeming just as intrigued as mine.

I was about to answer, when Logan beat me to it. "She's no one of consequence."

I exhaled deeply and took another step back, as if he'd just physically punched me in the face. I couldn't stand to be around them anymore.

"Don't talk to me or contact me ever again." I said shakily.

"Leave, Seraphina." Logan said lowly.

"Gladly." I whispered, not waiting a second longer before turning around.

"Wait!" I heard the girl's voice say. I wanted to turn around, I really did because it wasn't everyday that you found someone who looked exactly like you. However, I couldn't stand to look into Logan's eyes while it held so much negative emotions towards me. For what reason I had no idea.

Then, I walked away. I rushed to go find Bella and Caitlyn, while a tear finally leaked from my eye.

**

"I can't believe him!" I sobbed, hugging my pillow tightly to my chest. "He promised he would message me but he hasn't contacted me for days, and while I was missing him he went and found another girl to mess around with!"

"Come on, Ser. It's really not that bad." Bella said, soothingly rubbing her hand up and down my back. I grabbed a tissue and blew snot into it. "Let's look at the bright side...you don't have to talk to him anymore and risk Gabriel finding out that you guys kissed and you can spare yourself the heartbreak because with a guy like him, you know that it's inevitable."

"But I really liked him." I admitted, sniffing into my pillow.

"I know, and that little crush you have could have only led you to heartbreak." Caitlyn said, sending me a sympathetic smile.

When I rushed to them in the cafeteria in tears, they immediately knew that something was wrong. We abandoned our day and came back immediately, dumping all our bought items in my dressing closet.

"He's no good, Ser. And he's like what, six years older than you? You're still a minor which makes that practically illegal."

I sighed heavily when they said all those things, none of it being anything that I haven't thought of already. I was such a fool, believing that Logan might have liked me. Sure, he wouldn't mind messing around with me and getting all physical but today just made me realise that there was never any emotions in it for him. While I was being consumed with thoughts of him he probably didn't even think about me once.

"Besides, you did say that this girl looks just like you right?"

"Our similarities were remarkable."

"See, so doesn't that mean that he's trying to find a suitable rebound to get over you? Haven't you thought of that?" Bella shrugged, looking at me in question. I frowned in thought, thinking that her theory might be right.

"Still doesn't explain why he was being so mean to me." I pouted, remembering how his eyes darkened in anger when he noticed me.

"He's a jackass. All jackasses are mean." Caitlyn offered, smiling at me.

"I'm so done missing him then." I commented. It was easier said than done.

I heard my room door open, only for Gabriel to barge inside. He scanned the room and when his eyes landed on me he frowned.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. I used the back of my hand to wipe my tears away hastily.

"I'm not, I just..." I looked towards Bella and Caitlyn for help.

"Uh...it's girl stuff. You know, Mother Periods who visits us ladies once a month decided to visit Sera today and she's been feeling extra emotional."

I mentally cheered at Caitlyn's quick cover up.

"Well," he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly causing me to giggle. "Dinner is ready if you girls are hungry."

"Starving." Bella groaned, standing up from my bed. "Moody pants over here forgot to buy us pizza at the mall."

"You can come down for dinner if you'd like." Gabriel said.

Both Bella and Caitlyn gave me a rub on the back before walking towards my room door and leaving. I sighed and slumped down on my pillows, gazing up at the ceiling. I needed to stop stressing over matters that didn't even deserve stressing over.

"Are you okay, Ser?" Gabriel asked, coming to sit down on the bed besides me. I scootched over to give him some more space. I felt at rest in his presence, knowing that I could ask him to go and kick Logan's ass and he would. I wanted to smile at the thought, but obviously I couldn't do that.

"I'm okay, I'm just feeling a bit down."

"Why do I feel like Caitlyn was lying about why you were crying. Are you sure there's nothing else I should know of?" He asked, looking pointedly at me.

I immediately felt bad. I never lied to Gabriel about anything. We were extremely close as kids and told eachother almost everything.

"Actually, remember when I told mom and dad that there was a guy I liked?" I began nervously.

His eyes narrowed. "Yes, and?"

"Well, I saw him today. Kissing another girl."

"Thank god." He sighed, sounding relieved. I gave him a look. "Uh, sorry?"

"You don't have to feel bad. He was an ass anyway."

"They all are. Which is why you can only date when you're twenty five and can find a nice mature guy that will suit you."

I smiled in amusement. "Twenty five?"

"Yes, exactly. Only then will you find someone mature enough to stick to the same girl. I don't want you to like some cheating asshole that will only break your heart. Then I'm gonna have to kick his ass and I've already kicked enough ass this year as it is."

I couldn't help but giggle.

"Now, do you want me to bring you dinner or are you going to join us? I recommend join us, so that you can get your mind off of this good for nothing asshole that can't see how amazing you really are."

I smiled in appreciation. It was ironic how he was unknowingly insulting his best friend.

"I'll join you guys." I finally said, before placing my hand in his outstretched one.

Night rolled by when Bella and Caitlyn finally bid their goodbye's and left. I greeted Gabriel and Bethany goodnight before retiring back to my room. I grabbed my phone out of charge and placed it on my bedside table before peeling off my clothes. I discarded it somewhere on the floor and made my way to my dressing closet. When I was all dressed up in my night dress I slumped down on my bed, feeling tired.

I reached over to the nightstand to get my phone, and was surprised to see that I had received numerous messages all from the same number. I lied down on my pillow and cradled the phone to my chest, too afraid to read the few messaged I'd recieved from Logan. I so badly wanted to ignore it, but I was curious to know what he had to say. Besides, if I did read it I didn't have to reply anyway.

I pulled my blanket all the way up to my neck and rested my arms over it. After contemplating for a few minutes whether or not I should read his messages, I finally found the courage to unlock my phone. I entered the text messages icon with a shaky hand and clicked onto his messages. I even saved him as 'Logan ' on my phone with a heart besides his name. Argh, he was so undeserving of my heart emoticons.

Babygirl....- L

I'm sorry I acted the way I did today- L

I took a deep breath. He had the nerve to call me that nickname. And apologising? Ugh, I felt like throttling him. I scrolled up to continue reading his messages.

That girl you saw today, I knew her before I even met you. We used to date but it was nothing serious and I just recently met up with her today- L

I panicked when I saw you. I didnt want you to think that I was finding a replacement for you because we can't be together. She may resemble you a bit, but there's no one like you I swear- L

My heart skipped a beat and started beating anxiously fast. I had idea what to think of this. Could I believe him? I really wanted to, but my friends were right. It would only lead me to heartbreak.

Please respond....I can't sleep knowing that I've upset you- L

I exhaled deeply and willed my fingers to type a reply. I kept going back and forth, typing something before erasing it again when I thought that it wasn't a suitable enough response.

Hey, Logan. I accept your apolo-

Nope, that was totally not the response I was hoping to type. I erased the letters, sighing in frustration afterwards.

I told you not to contact me again, it will do us both good- S

His response came almost immediately.

Don't say that, darling. We can still talk.- L

I don't think so. Goodbye, Logan. I'm sorry it has to be this way.- S

I felt satisfied with my response so I immediately turned my phone off. I placed it on the bedside table and turned my lamp off, ready to put Logan behind me and fall asleep, because to be honest he wasn't really at fault here for anything. If he wanted to move on with his life I understood that. He and I were a lost cause anyway, it was never gonna happen so we might as well put all of this behind us. There were so many things holding us apart. For starters, Gabriel would not approve the slightest bit. I knew absolutely nothing about Logan really, I shouldn't even have trusted him enough to take me with him to that stream. He clearly has temperamental issues and some behavioural problems which caused him to snap all the time and I never really knew when he would which was scary. He was way older than me and lastly, my parents would throw a fit if they found out. Especially my dad.

It was a giant 'NO' from the start.

I was about to get some rest when I heard a buzzing from my phone. I ignored it knowing exactly who it was but the buzzing continued. Groaning in annoyance I grabbed my phone once again from the night stand, ready to tell Logan off. He couldn't keep doing this, and if he really wanted to talk to me he could message me in the morning, but for now I was tired.

I open my messages once again to see about six from him all at different time periods, with only minutes separating each message.

Don't say goodbye...this isn't goodbye. I want to talk to you in person tomorrow...?- L

Why aren't you responding?- L

Seraphina? Answer me.- L

Why the hell aren't you answering me?- L

Remember that I get angry really quickly so please answer me....- L

If you don't respond I swear I will fucking come there right now. Don't ignore me.- L

I gulped in a much need amount of air as I reread the messages at least three times. He wouldn't come over here would he? This place was secured and there was no way that the guard at the gate with the night shift would let him in. Besides, Gabriel's room is just a few doors from mine. Logan wouldn't dare come here at this hour.

I made the decision to ignore him. I turned my phone off to make sure that no more messages would come through, before finally getting some rest. Before I could fall asleep, I kept imagining a certain set of blue eyes in my head.

Blue like the ocean, and I was drowning in it.

**

"Babygirl, wake up." A sweet voice whispered in my ear, strong and firm hands shaking me awake.

"I need sleep." I moaned into my pillow.

"I have something important to tell you." The voice announced.

"What is it?" I said, rubbing the back of my hands against my eyes and sitting up. My vision was blurry for a few seconds, but when it cleared up I stared right into a set of beautiful blue eyes that were shining with love and adoration. I smiled at him, my body consumed with want and my mind clouded with need.

"I've just spoken to your parents and brothers. They said that we can be together."

"They did?" I perked up immediately with a huge smile planted on my face. I jumped up and with a squeal crashed into his arms. I felt his strong arms wrap around my waist and mine went to wrap around his neck.

"I'm so happy, Logan. I love you." I whispered into his neck.

"I love you too and I'm so glad that your family is finally out of the equation." He said, his voice going from light and happy to low and dark in just a few seconds.

I peeked up at him, my eyes gazing into his suddenly dark ones.

"What do you mean?" I pondered softly.

"I mean that I finally got rid of them. No one will keep us apart anymore." He said, his arms tightening to a steel grip around my waist.

"What?" I whispered in question.

"You are mine now, babygirl. All mine and I'm going to keep you forever."

I shifted in his arms, wanting him to let go. I needed to go check on my family, but the eerie silence in the house told me that something was immensely wrong.

"What did you do, Logan?" I asked shakily, struggling to get out of his arms.

"I got rid of a problem, and now we can finally be happy. They're gone, my love. They're all gone, and all it took was one knife for me to get rid of them."

I started thrashing in panic, wanting to get away from him.

"No! What did you do?" I asked again, not believing my ears. My family was okay, my parents are in LA doing business, Mikhail and Sebastian are at college, Bethany is cooking one of my favourite meals, Ben is outside guarding the estate and Gabriel is resting in his room. They were all okay.

"Stop moving. You're waking up a certain friend of mine down there." He said darkly.

I looked nto his eyes that were once filled with love, to see dark hate and anger. Something absolutely twisted and cunning.

"Please let me go, I need to see if they're okay." I begged.

"No." He whispered. "They are gone to hell. And now, I'm going to finally take what is mine. And no one is going to stop me."

I screamed as he roughly pushed me onto the bed, and began removing his shirt.

"Sera?"

When his clothes were off, I felt his hands began pulling on mine. I screamed and thrashed but he held me down.

"Don't fucking move." I gasped as I felt a hand come down hard onto my cheek. I felt heat souring through my face as pain erupted there.

"Seraphina, wake up."

"Please don't do this." I begged as tears prickled at my eyes, but it was too late.

"Nooo!" I shot up from my bed, sweat laced through my hair and on my forehead. I searched my room for the culprit, but he was no where to be found. Instead I found Gabriel sitting beside me on my bed, looking at me in concern.

"Gabriel." I breathed a sigh of relief, reaching out towards him and embracing him in a hug.

It was just a dream.

"Are you okay, princess? What happened?" He asked in concern.

I tried to wrap my head around what happened in my dream. I felt myself release shaky breaths, and suddenly the room got so hot it became hard to breathe.

"I had a really bad dream. Aliens took over our home and they killed everyone. You, mom and dad, Mikhail and Sebastian. I was so scared." I breathed, squeezing my arms tighter around his shoulders. I was so glad that he was okay, and absolutely perplexed at the horrifying dream that I had. I knew that Logan was bad, but my dream had just concocted up the worst possible scenario ever. One that I doubted would ever be real. Logan wasn't that bad, it was just my mind playing sick tricks on me.

I felt Gabriel's chest vibrate in laughter. "I'm here and I'm okay. You don't have to be scared anymore, it was just a dream." He assured, rubbing my back soothingly.

I pulled away and sighed before falling back onto my pillow, in desperate need of more sleep.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily, releasing a yawn.

"It's past seven, but if you want more sleep then you can get some. I'm going out with some friends to this lake that's a two hours drive away. They decided to leave early."

"And you didn't invite me?" I asked jokily.

"It was a last minute decision, but you can come if you want. I can't guarantee that Ben won't follow us though, he follows you everywhere."

"Not yesterday when I went to the mall." I said proudly.

He chuckled in amusement. "Trust me, he followed you yesterday without your knowledge."

"Seriously?" I asked in surprise.

"Yep. He told me not to tell you because he knew you would get mad. Besides, he is your bodyguard so he has to follow you everywhere and I don't disagree with that." He shrugged.

"Fine, whatever but as long as he keeps his distance and don't make himself known." I groaned and shut my eyes. So much for putting my big girl panties on yesterday.

"That I'm sure he can agree on." Gabriel said, smiling in amusement. "I'll probably see you tonight, you can invite some friends over but do not leave the house without Ben or Bethany's knowledge. Do you understand?" He asked sternly.

"Yes, father." I said sarcastically.

"Good. See you tonight." He bent down and placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled and waved till he was out of the room.

When he was gone, I then began to feel my heart rate pick up in anxiousness. What was my dream trying to tell me? I couldn't help but feel scared for the future. I made the daring choice to turn on my phone again, curious to know if Logan had sent me anymore mesages. I was surprised to see none, but a voicemail instead.

I turned my volume down to low so that only I could hear and made the daring choice to open it.

"I told you not to ignore me, darling. You'll find that the consequences of that won't be any good. I told you that I want to speak to you in person, and I will. See you tonight."

I gasped in surprise when his deep voice entered the speakers. Oh shit.

**💙**

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

350K 3.9K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...
315K 9.5K 35
A/N - There are many spelling and grammar mistakes - I apologise, also this was written when I was a teen so this story is so beyond reality. Thanks...
3.1K 95 16
Did you all like "The Bad Boy" book? If so, you'll love this book. Part 2 of the series. (To be honest, I wasn't thinking about writing a part two un...
129K 1.6K 30
DARK ROMANCE - A dark game forces Zee, a reckless young woman into contacting the guy who took her virginity and begging him to marry her, but she ne...