The Tables Have Turned

By Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Epilogue

214K 8.2K 1.4K
By Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Epilogue

Emily and I stared at my room with wide eyes.

“Oh my God. What are we going to do about that mess?” Emily cried.

There were clothes and clothes and clothes everywhere. Literally, everywhere.

“We have exactly two hours to get ready. We have to clean up with super speed, okay?” I said as I grabbed the shirt that was hanging on top of my drawers.

“Okay,” Emily agreed.

“We have thirty minutes to clean up this mess,” I said and she nodded.

We started running around the room, grabbing shirts, skirts, dresses, jackets, pants, and socks and fixing them in my closet or on my desk if they belonged to Emily.

Thirty-seven minutes later, we both ginned at the clean room with only two dresses laid down on my bed.

I grabbed my dark blue dress and Emily grabbed her red one. We put them on and gave each other nods of approval.

She sat on the chair and I did her hair first. I curled her blond hair and applied some makeup on her face. The whole process took me forty-five minutes and I felt proud when I saw how amazing she looked.

For the next forty minutes, Emily straightened my brown hair and did my makeup—light, the way I like it.

We heard a knock on the door and Clarissa called, “The guys are here!”

I glanced at my watch and saw that it was exactly 8:30p.m. Right on time!

We slipped on our shoes, silver for me, and gold for Emily. I grabbed my silver flower necklace and put it on as I followed Emily out of my room.

She suddenly stopped walking, causing me to almost bump into her.

“The purses!” She said.

“Oh!” I replied as I rushed back to my room and grabbed her gold purse and my smaller silver one.

“Thanks,” she said as we walked down the stairs.

We heard the voices coming from the T.V room and my heart beat accelerated when I heard Alex’s voice.

Emily walked in first and I smiled slightly at the way Josh’s jaw dropped and he stared at his girlfriend with awe.

My attention was quickly diverted to my boyfriend as his gaze slowly trailed down my body before going back up to my eyes.

I did the same, noting how good he looked in his dark jeans, white shirt, and black blazer.

He gulped and kept on staring into my eyes. I stared back, silently wondering if he was going to greet me properly like Josh was greeting Emily, telling her how beautiful she is.

“Hi,” I finally said, giving him a smile. He didn’t look like he was going to say something any time soon so might as well say the first word, right?

After a short pause, he smiled as he pulled me into his arms.

“You’re so beautiful,” He whispered in my ear making me blush.

“Is that why you were speechless?” I teased him.

“Mmhmm,” he mumbled. “Your beauty left me speechless.”

Hearing those words come out of his mouth with all seriousness made me blush harder.

“Pictures!” Clarissa suddenly exclaimed.

I chuckled as she took out her black camera.

Alex stood next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. We both smiled at the camera as Clarissa took endless pictures of us.

“Just one more!” Clarissa said when Tom started telling her to stop because we were going to be late.

Alex stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He rested his chin on my shoulder and whispered in my ear, “Funny faces.”

I grinned and nodded slightly.

Clarissa held out the camera and when her finger pressed on the silver button, I stuck my tongue out and narrowed my eyes.

Everyone burst out laughing as they glanced at the picture on the camera. I took it from a laughing Clarissa and Alex hovered above me to look at the picture as well.

We both laughed at our faces. Alex had his eyes cast downwards funnily and his tongue was on the tip of his nose. It always amazed me how he could touch his nose with his tongue. This picture was a keeper.

I gave the camera back to Clarissa and we said our goodbyes before the guys lead us outside. I grabbed my coat on the way out because it was freezing out there but I didn’t expect anything else at this time of year.

All four of us piled up in Josh’s car as we drove the short distance to the house where the party was being held.

I glanced at my watch, thinking that Chase, Mariah, Paul, and Carson were probably there now.

We arrived to the house at around 9:00p.m. The party was in full swing! I immediately spotted the other two couples and waved at them.

We put our coats in the closet then made our way to where the rest of our group was seated on the red leather couches.

“Come, sit,” Paul said as he patted the spot next to him.

“Don’t you look handsome tonight,” I said then winked at a blushing Carson.

“Thank you,” he said. “And you look beautiful tonight. Save me a dance?”

“Sure, if you are able to stay away from your girlfriend,” I smirked at the now blushing couple. They were so in love with each other.

Paul wrapped his arms around Carson who looked extremely cute in her green dress and planted a kiss on her red cheek.

“Ditching me so soon?” Alex asked when he got to where I was seated and gave me a glass of cool water.

“Yeah, you bore me,” I replied, shrugging me shoulders.

He gasped at me, feigning shock. “I’ll take that as a challenge. You will have the best night of your life with me tonight.”

“Is there a double meaning to what you just said?” Chase asked, narrowing his eyes at Alex.

My eyes widened as my cheeks turned crimson. Alex blushed as well and I slapped Chase.

“Chase!” I squeaked out, completely embarrassed.

Everyone burst out laughing at our embarrassment and Chase smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry,” he said. “Just making sure.”

Alex dragged me away from the rest and I got my blush under my control.

“So how about a dance?” He asked and I nodded, smiling.

He held me close to him as we danced to the beat of the music. At that moment, I only focused on my boyfriend and forgot the people around us. It was the best feeling in the world.

After a couple of dances, we went to the kitchen to get something to drink. We smiled and greeted the people we recognized because most of them went to our school.

We reached the kitchen and I slapped Alex’s hand when he was taking a beer.

“No alcohol tonight,” I told him. “I want us both sober at midnight.”

He pouted but eventually agreed. The last thing I wanted was to wake up tomorrow with a massive hangover and not remember a single thing of my New Year’s Eve.

I took some orange juice and Alex drank two cups of coke.

I wrinkled my nose when he kissed me. “You taste like coke,” I said and he laughed.

He took my orange juice and drank from it before kissing me again.

“Better?” He asked.

“Much better,” I replied and kissed him again.

I couldn’t believe that I was here with Alex now. After what happened at my old school, years ago, I never thought I would see him again.

I always hoped to meet him again someday and explain everything and apologize for what I did but when I imagined it, I always thought of it happening many years later.

I remember three months ago when I first saw him at my new school, in my class.

I was scared of what might happen and I wasn’t even ready to face him.

He didn’t make things easier at first and after the whole revenge thing, he left me broken and hurt.

He caused me so much pain and another girl would’ve probably done the impossible to stay away from him forever, but I couldn’t do that.

I loved him. I have always loved him. My heart belonged to him and staying away from him would cause me more pain than his revenge and rejection caused me.

Looking back to the past three months, I felt like for every bad thing, a good thing appeared.

I lost my parents, I got a new family.

I moved to a new school, I got tons of good friends.

Alex broke my heart; he finally confessed his love to me.

The end was always good and I learned to always see the bright side and wait for the storm to pass because eventually everything will get better.

I believed that God had planned this all along. At least most of it.

Maybe he hadn’t planned my parents’ death but he definitely planned everything after it. God can’t control a man’s freedom if he is willing to kill. He can try, but He can’t stop him. He couldn’t stop those guys from killing my parents but He did his best to make my life much better afterwards.

After my parents died, I thought it was all over. I thought that I won’t be able to smile again, but all these amazing people that entered my life proved me wrong.

“Dance with me,” Alex said, stopping my train of thoughts. “It’s almost twelve.”

I glanced at my watch and I saw that it was 11:57p.m.

I smiled at him as he took my hand and lead me back to the dance floor.

There were only couples on the dance floor, swaying to the slow song.

I smiled at the cutest three couples in that room. Chase and Mariah, Josh and Emily, and Paul and Carson were all perfect couples and I knew that Alex and I were a great couple too.

I wrapped my arms around Alex’s neck and his arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

We swayed slowly to the soft music as we watched the huge screen on the wall with the time on it.

At 11:59, the countdown started and I couldn’t stop thinking of how perfect everything was.

Our gazes were on the screen as the seconds ticked by. Everyone was staring at it and some were cheering as the time neared.

“Three!”

“Two!”

“One!”

“Happy new year!” Everyone yelled and I smiled as the numbers turned to 12:00. Cheers erupted in the room. Horns and fireworks were heard from everywhere.

“Hailey,” I heard Alex’s soft whisper while I was still wrapped in his arms.

I looked at him and suddenly all the noise faded away as his blue eyes gazed intently into mine. He then leaned down and kissed my lips.

I didn’t know if the fireworks were in my head or in reality but either way, it didn’t matter.

What mattered was that I was here with the most amazing guy in the world.

“Happy New Year,” he whispered when he pulled away.

The coming year was the happiest and most unforgettable year of my life.

                                                         THE END

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Final Note:

That was the end. I hope you guys liked it :)

I would like to thank you all for your support throughout the whole story. I really appreciate every vote and every comment.

I would also like to ask you guys one more favor. Could you guys vote for this story in the Watty Awards under Humor 'Most Popular' and vote for Paul in the special awards under 'Best Male Character'. I know you all love him ;)

The link to vote is in the external link! --->

Thank you all so much! :D

Show me your love for this story and vote! Can the epilogue get more votes than any other chapter? xD

Anyway, I won't get all emotional over the story :P I just hope you enjoyed reading it :)

And I hope you will continue to support my new story which is in the external link :) -->

P.S: There will be NO SEQUEL.

Happy Birthday to HerbyEllenx  XxboyshavecootiesXx  LunaBella1  brownie143  PersonalityRcks1 and xl_lnique. Have a wonderful year! <3

Thank you AspenBarker for the banners -->

Song Suggestions:

> Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute -- Suggestion by feelinlucky

> Here We Go Again by Demi Lovato -- Suggestion by ShannenLim411

> Just A Game by Birdy -- Suggestion by DustinDawson

> Always by Panic At The Disco -- Suggestion by chasingCl0uds

Thank you for the suggestions! :D

Have a wonderful day/night everyone! <3

~Monica4242

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.7K 20
**This story is, for the most part, still the same as before, however it was completely rewritten so some of the events and story lines have been cha...
573K 12K 54
ā”€ š™–š™£š™™ š™žš™£ š™©š™š™š š™¢š™žš™™š™™š™”š™š š™¤š™› š™žš™© š™–š™”š™” š™ž š™Øš™–š™¬ š™®š™¤š™Ŗ š™©š™š™šš™§š™š ļ½„ļ¾Ÿāœ§ | COMPLETED: 18 JULY 2019 | Elisha -better known as Ellie- i...
92.6K 1.4K 37
* Previously known as Butterfly * Alexandra Ramirez grew up with her parents not caring about her dreams. She had to be the next CEO of their company...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...