A Guardian's Fate (Book #2)

By heytheregisela

(BOOK #2 in the Secrets of Aristol series.) It's almost been three months since Elouise's birthday. Although... More

A GUARDIAN'S FATE
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
A Savior's Worth

Chapter Thirty-Six

1.6K 180 60
By heytheregisela

Two days later, while Elouise was indulging herself by tasting the baker's newest—and heavenly—additions, Lord Berney came to speak with her.

The nobleman cleared his throat. Elouise turned away from the plate of fritters and inwardly groaned at the sight of him. She finished chewing and swallowed before greeting him. He bowed to her.

Readjusting himself, he gestured toward the various desserts behind her. "Do you not think your father would disapprove of how much of this rubbish you consume?"

Chef Griffith turned, fixating on Berney with a sneer.

Elouise sighed. "You did not come here to criticize what I eat. What do you truly want?"

"I came with news from your father. We finished another meeting. I had wondered why you did not attend, but now I have my answer."

Elouise and chef exchanged irritated glances and shook their heads.

She then asked Berney, "What news do you have?"

"As per your request, we were supposed to reopen the People's Word by the end of last month. Due to King Philip's near death and then recovery, that did not occur. Upon your approval, he would like to try for a reopening on the twenty-fifth of this month."

Truthfully, Elouise was surprised her father still wanted to try at all. "Why until then?"

"He wrote to Lord Udolf this morning, informing him that you and he shall be visiting next week. Waiting until the twenty-fifth for the People's Word will give you both an opportunity to prepare yourselves after your trip."

Elouise's heart leaped. "We are going to the Outlands n-next week?" Now that felt too soon, even if Udolf had already been constantly asking them to visit.

Berney nodded. "You and your father shall be accompanied by a few guards, one of your handmaids, Lady Fayre, and myself."

"Oh, you are going as well?"

Berney squinted his eyes and chuckled dryly. "I know how displeased you must be with that, but it was your father—the king—who personally asked me to join."

Elouise sighed. "Very well, but I would like to bring some more people along with us."

"Your Highness, we are going for a short visit. I am certain you can go four days without your little... plaything."

"If you are referring to Eldon, I would advise you to watch your mouth." Elouise then took a deep breath, calming herself. "Along with him, I'd also like for Prince Henry and Lady Ivy to join us." Truthfully, she and Ivy hadn't spoken since the other night. Of course, they saw each other during meals and smiled whenever their eyes met, but they hadn't had the chance to discuss everything now that Victor was gone.

"We cannot take all three of them," Lord Berney told her.

Elouise scowled. "You do not get to decide that."

"Perhaps not. However, we can make an exception for Eldon since he is to be your guard. But we are not going to take an extra carriage for merely two people."

"Why not?"

Lord Berney raised an eyebrow and began tapping his right foot. "You will have to speak of this matter with your father, then."

"I will."

With that, Berney turned on his heel and headed for the door. Elouise thought of something else and called out to him. He stopped and glanced back at her.

"You may be very relieved that I am no longer in charge," she started. "Keep in mind that I will be crowned queen next year. Enjoy your time now as a favored council member." She saw the way his nostrils flared, and she smirked as he charged out of there.

Behind her, Chef Griffith chuckled. She turned to him.

"You are not queen yet, but you are already one of the best I've seen," he told her. "That Berney has always been such a bother here, walking around like he's smelled something awful. I eventually realized it was him!"

Elouise covered her mouth as she giggled. She then pointed to the rest of the sweets she hadn't tried yet. "Shall we continue?"

---
Afterwards, with Ivy still in mind, she asked around for her whereabouts. Ivy's handmaid, Alice, escorted her outside.

Ivy was near the old ash tree, worriedly staring up at it and occasionally gasping. The branches were shaking, and Elouise realized someone was up there. She rushed ahead of Alice to see for herself. Ivy turned to her as she got closer.

"What is going on?" asked Elouise. Yet her question was answered when she simply looked up and noticed Aaron standing on a slanted branch. His arms were outstretched upward, and it took Elouise another moment to spot the small black kitten a few branches higher.

Then Aaron glanced down. "Oh! Good morning, Your Highness!"

"Sir Aaron, what are you doing?"

Ivy quietly whined. "That poor little creature! She's been up there for an hour!"

Elouise looked at her. "How do you know it's a girl?"

"I almost have her!" Aaron shouted from above, his right foot lifting off the branch as he stretched further. His fingers brushed against the kitten's front paws.

Elouise covered her eyes with her hands, unable to look in case he fell or was attacked by the frightened feline.

"Careful! Careful!" Ivy and Alice simultaneously yelled.

Elouise held her breath as she listened to the sounds of rustling, curious meows, and Aaron's groans until she heard his victory cry. She peeked through her fingers. Then she dropped her hands and exhaled, relieved to see Aaron holding the kitten.

"You cannot climb down with her," Elouise told him.

Aaron's delighted smile fell. "Then what do I do with her, Your Highness?"

Ivy stepped forward and raised her hands. "If you can crouch down a bit and lower her, I think I can take her from you!"

Elouise quietly gasped. "No, no, he could slip!"

"And even with Sir Aaron's efforts, I do not think you are tall enough to reach, Lady Ivy," Alice commented. "Unfortunately, none of us are."

Elouise glanced around. Perhaps there was something they could use as a step ladder. But then she heard grunts coming from the barracks and thoughtfully tapped her chin with her finger. Glancing up, she said, "Hang in there, Sir Aaron! I will return shortly."

"Where are you going?" asked Ivy.

"I think I may know someone who could be of assistance." Before they asked further questions, Elouise went on her way.

She moved around a wide hedge and slowed as she neared the training ground. The trainees were too indulged in their sparring to notice her. Even the captain was distracted. Elouise walked along the edge, failing to spot Eldon. He wasn't anywhere in the crowd.

As she hurried onward, she heard a familiar laugh and looked to her right.

Henry and Eldon bowed to each other. Henry laughed again after he straightened himself up. Elouise noticed they were both holding swords, and she smiled, shaking her head. She walked over to where they were, immediately gaining Henry's attention. Eldon turned around as well.

"Can you guess who won this match?" Henry asked her.

Elouise halted and gaped at him. "It... was a draw?"

Henry and Eldon looked at each other.

Then Henry hung his head as Eldon shrugged and said, "Yeah, let's go with that."

"Thank you," Henry whispered.

Elouise smiled knowingly at him.

"Well, then," she began, "I am glad I found you both. There is a bit of a situation."

Henry widened his eyes. "Is everything alright?"

"It would be best if I merely showed you. Do not be alarmed, though."

When they arrived back at the ash tree, Sir Aaron was complaining that bugs were getting in his ears and that the cat was starting to fuss.

"I would suggest you let her go," said Ivy, "but I am afraid she'll go back up instead of down."

Henry went to stand beside his cousin and see the situation for himself.

"Ah, greetings, Prince Henry!" Aaron cheerfully called.

Henry chuckled. "All this trouble for a cat?"

"Don't say it like that!" Ivy scolded, gently slapping him on the arm. "I love her."

Without facing him, Elouise asked Eldon, "Do you think either you or Henry could give Ivy a boost? She needs to be able to retrieve the kitten from Sir Aaron without having him move too much."

"Give Ivy a boost?" Ivy repeated, gawking at her. "I do not like stepping on people's hands." Alice giggled at that.

Elouise flashed Alice a hopeful gaze. When Alice caught her, she went pale and wildly shook her head. Elouise resisted a groan as she made her way over.

"I trust you will not let me fall, Henry," she said to him, facing the tree.

"I'm sorry, but can we move this process along a little faster?" Aaron pleaded. "This was not how I intended to spend my morning."

Ivy said, "Well, I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy morning to rescue the kitten for me!"

"The rescuing is not yet over, Lady Ivy."

Henry moved to stand beside Elouise. "She would've eventually made her way down on her own."

"But then she would've run off," Ivy told him. "I want to keep her. It's about time we have a pet. One that is not a horse, because I cannot keep a horse in my bedchamber."

Henry leaned in closer to Elouise, his breath blowing a few strands of her hair as he asked her whether she was fine with this or not.

"After this, it would be a shame not to keep her," she answered. "Now then, you heard Sir Aaron. Let us hurry."

Henry kneeled and laced his fingers together. Elouise took a deep breath and placed her left foot into his hands. Ivy came up from behind and pushed Elouise's skirts away from Henry's face.

"I love wearing these gowns, but I hate the trouble they can cause," Ivy told them.

Elouise frowned. "Had I known I'd be doing this today, I would've worn something different."

"Me too," Aaron mumbled. Then he cried out as the cat growled and leaped free from his loosened grip.

Ivy squeaked, releasing Elouise's skirts. Elouise slightly stumbled backwards as she removed her foot from Henry's hands.

She then spun on her heel, expecting the worst, but she immediately relaxed upon seeing Eldon holding the kitten. He seemed surprised by this, too, which puzzled her until Ivy exclaimed, "Eldon, that was such an incredible catch!"

Eldon carefully handed the aggravated kitten to Ivy.

"This was far from what I expected to happen when I came out here," Elouise whispered to Henry.

"Yes, but the unexpected can be exciting," Henry responded. "And—sometimes—you even get yourself a new little friend because of it."

Elouise knitted her eyebrows and looked up at him. He grinned at her, and she couldn't resist fondly smiling at the sight.

"Oh, you little sweetheart," Ivy cooed to the kitten. "You're terribly frustrated that no one is letting you walk freely, aren't you? Don't worry, though! I am going to take you to my bedchamber right now so that you can get yourself settled in." She rushed past everyone, and Alice followed her.

Elouise wanted to linger behind and speak with Henry and Eldon, but there had been a reason she came out here. While Henry waited for Aaron to climb down, Elouise quickly thanked him and Eldon before grabbing her skirts and running after Ivy.

Ivy was still talking to the feline when Elouise caught up with her.

"Isn't she the most beautiful creature you've ever seen?" Ivy asked her, holding up the cat.

"Oh, goodness," Elouise breathed, tensing as she locked eyes with its large blue eyes. "I believe this is the first time I've ever been this close to a cat."

"I used to have one when I was younger, but he ran away. I called him Lucky."

"Why is that?"

Ivy blushed and averted her eyes. "Because I was lucky to have him."

Elouise laughed. "That is quite precious." Then she glanced at the kitten again and sighed. Lovingly, she added, "I suppose you are as well."

"Alice," Ivy addressed.

"Yes, Lady Ivy?" Alice chirped as if she'd been eagerly waiting for Ivy to speak to her.

"Could you bring a few extra pillows to my room? This little one is going to need a bed in case she doesn't want to sleep with me."

"Right away!" Alice curtsied and ran ahead of them.

Elouise swallowed hard. Here was the opportunity she'd been avoiding the past few days. So, she wiped her clammy palms on her skirts and took a few breaths. "Ivy, how do you feel about... well, about everything?"

Ivy raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?" Although, her expression quickly softened. And she nodded, understanding. "You haven't stopped thinking about that night, have you?"

"I saw how it affected him the following morning. He was bothered that he had not been able to leave when you, ah, had told him he was supposed to. Then when I asked him why he had changed his mind about you and Henry, he told me not to question his decisions."

"That last part just sounds like Victor being Victor, though," Ivy remarked.

"Perhaps, but..."

"Does it frighten you? You can be honest! I won't be offended."

"Baffled is more like it, actually. When I read about spells, I never imagined I would find myself confronting one."

Ivy hummed to herself. "Would it help if I explained it better to you? Everything that I know? I brought one of the books with me! It's in a different language, though. But I can translate it!"

Elouise stared at her curiously. "Why did you bring it with you?"

Guilt twisted Ivy's soft features. She ducked her head, holding the kitten closer to her chest. "I brought in case I needed it... in case Victor did come looking for us."

"Oh. So, you'd already had planned on using it before you left?"

"I had to make sure Henry would be safe no matter what. He always protected me when I was younger." They paused by the back entrance and turned toward each other.

"Protected you from what?" Elouise grew nervous at the possibilities she had in mind. To her relief, Ivy smiled.

"Do you know those stories adults tell children to scare them into behaving? They worked wonders on me."

Elouise blinked a few times, coming to terms with what Ivy was saying. Then she burst into a fit of laughter, and Ivy happily joined her. The thought of Ivy as a wide-eyed child seeking comfort in her older cousin because she was afraid of the supposed beasts lurking beneath her bed was adorable.

After regaining themselves, Ivy brought up the question again.

"So, would you like a magical lesson with yours truly?"

Elouise's face warmed. Ivy had no idea how all too familiar this was. It almost tempted Elouise into telling her the truth, except she couldn't involve Ivy in her own mess. Accidentally revealing her magic to Henry had already been risky enough. And that was still something she had to eventually deal with when she was ready.

Instead of voicing her answer, Elouise simply nodded and allowed Ivy to lead the way inside.

---
Although Ivy kindly told her to make herself comfortable, Elouise closed the door behind her and hovered near it. She hadn't yet seen which bedchamber Ivy was staying in. Glancing around, she smiled at how comfortable Ivy had made herself. Gowns, hats, and gloves were tossed over chairs, and various books littered every tabletop and dresser.

Ivy set the kitten down before moving ahead to dig through one of her piles of books. Elouise watched the small feline cautiously approach pieces of furniture and sniff them thoroughly before hopping over to the next one.

Ivy cheerfully shouted aha and spun toward Elouise, a brown leather book clutched in her hands. Judging by its spine, it was beginning to fall apart. And Elouise started forming questions in her mind that she couldn't wait to ask.

Ivy walked over to her bed and plopped down. She patted the empty spot on her left, saying, "Come sit with me!"

Elouise joined her.

"If I'm being honest," Ivy began, "I have no idea where to start. There's so much to tell!"

Elouise considered the questions now lingering in her mind. "Well, you said this was your first time using it. So, what of your mother? Has she... or does she still use these spells?"

The excitement from Ivy's face dwindled a little. She stared down at her book. "She does when she has to."

Elouise almost flinched. "W-What does that mean?"

"My mother is not dangerous or scary if that's what you're thinking. She mostly uses spells for locating people or items or putting protective charms around our home to prevent thieves from getting inside. We've had that problem a lot in the past. And before you ask, I am fairly positive she discovered on her own that I was here with Henry." Ivy looked at her again, shaking her head. "I think she was hoping I would have just gone back with Victor."

"How do you think your mother will feel when Victor arrives alone?" asked Elouise.

"I'm unsure. I imagine she'll be angry. Even with her anger, though, she would never make the effort to come all this way for me."

Elouise hoped so. "What of your siblings? Do they know about this magic as well?"

"Not at all! My mother never trusted to tell any of them, and I was never too close with them anyway. By the time I turned six, I was officially the last child left. My two sisters and brother had all gotten married to nobles from different kingdoms, giving them an excuse to get as far away as possible. I haven't seen any of them since."

That explained why Ivy was so attached to Henry. Even if she had an older brother, Henry better suited the role. Elouise gently pulled her closer. Having had no siblings at all, she could relate to the loneliness that plagued Ivy when she was growing up.

Despite this, Ivy smiled at her. Then she giggled. "But we are not here to talk about that!" She raised the book up to her face.

"Of course," Elouise responded.

Ivy rested the book on her lap and flipped it open to the first page. "You can find a spell for just about anything! Although, if you've been wounded in battle, you won't be so fortunate. Strangely, healing magic does not exist. Thank goodness for doctors and medicines, though!"

Elouise turned her head, heat rising to her cheeks as her thoughts flooded with images of Eldon healing her father. "Ah, r-really?" She cleared her throat. "That, yes- that is strange."

"I know one of Queen Anita's supposed magical abilities was healing..." Ivy trailed off, and Elouise reverted her attention to her.

Ivy was eyeing her, skeptically. "Do you believe the stories about Anita? If I'm being honest, I'm a bit torn. If they're true, that's incredible! But it's also confusing, somehow. Her magic was described differently. They were her own abilities and naturally part of her without any spells necessary. Then again... for all we know, maybe there were spells involved."

"Yes, that is true." Elouise nodded. "We only know what we've been told, and those are merely tales passed down from different people." Though she wholeheartedly believed the only spell involved back then was the curse placed upon Anita.

"If the stories are true," Ivy continued, "do you think you could have magic, too?"

Elouise certainly flinched this time. "M-Me? Why- why would I have—no! That is... that is impossible."

Ivy giggled. "I suppose you're right. I only asked because of your eyes. But that would have meant Queen Beatrice had magic. And Eldon, too. Brown eyes must just generally be a unique and rare trait that is strictly in Aristol. Maybe it's something in your water that causes it!"

"Perhaps."

"Truthfully," Ivy said, "I have no idea if there is a formal name for this language. My mother has always referred to it as magic speak, because all spells were written in it. It's kind of amusing, though, isn't it? I am fluent in magic speak." She then passed the book over, allowing Elouise a better look of the words.

Elouise's brows twitched together as she attempted to read the first line: Ta cumiazo tuia mundua majica.

"It says this is the beginning of your magical world," Ivy informed her.

"Is it pronounced 'mah-gee-kah'?"

"No, the 'j' makes the 'h' sound. So, it's actually pronounced 'mah-hee-kah'."

Elouise repeated it to herself a few times. Then she beamed at Ivy. "Fascinating. How did your mother learn this language?"

"It may sound bad, but she won't give me the full details. She simply says that she had a friend who taught her when she was my age. This friend is the one responsible for her obsession with magic now."

Everything about that statement unnerved Elouise. Who was this friend and how did they know about magic?

Ivy encouraged Elouise to search through the book, prompting Elouise to come across a page with various words circled. Ivy explained that the page depicted one of the few locating spells—her mother's favorite.

"This particular one can be used to find the owner of an object. For instance, if you found a lost item, you may be able to find who it belongs to. Or at least their closest location."

Elouise's expression softened and her mind drifed to the anonymous letters. They weren't lost objects, yet she couldn't help but wonder...

"Sometimes, it won't work," Ivy told her, as if reading her thoughts. "You need a map—obviously—so that their location can be marked. But there have been times where my mother has tried this, and no location was marked. She later discovered it was because the person wasn't even in Caelum anymore."

"How is the location marked?"

Ivy winced, and Elouise decided she didn't want to know anymore.

Still, Ivy answered. "One of the requirements is using your own blood to mark your location. Not too much, though!"

"It leads you to where they are with a bloody trail?" Elouise shuddered.

"In fact, most spells require your blood. That or a lock of your hair."

Elouise gasped quietly as she took hold of a strand of her dark brown locks. The only time she allowed her hair to be cut was when it was absolutely necessary. And she trusted no one other than Gidget—whose hands were steadier than Kandi's or Everild's—to do so. She could never imagine purposely cutting a piece of her hair for a spell.

"Is that required for potions to work as well?" she asked, softly, uncertain she should be asking that all.

"Thankfully, no," Ivy responded, followed by a short and breathy laugh. "I was desperate for Henry and me to stay, but I didn't want to bleed for it."

Elouise was relieved to hear it.

"If you'd ever like, I could teach you magic speak," Ivy offered, her light-blue eyes shimmering. "I mean, no one except me would know what you're saying, but"—she shrugged. "It might prove useful someday. If not, well, there's never any harm in learning something new."

Elouise had a feeling it would absolutely prove useful. "I would like that, Ivy. Thank you."

Ivy squealed. "That is going to be so much fun!" She jumped off the bed. "Oh! I could make little lesson plans for each day! Aside from magic, my mother was also my instructor in general studies, and she would always have a different theme to go along with her lessons each week!"

Elouise stood as well, setting the book down on the bed. "That sounds lovely, Ivy! Master Audric did his best to ensure his lessons were dull and tedious. It wasn't until Lady Marigold took over that I started truly appreciating my education."

Ivy bounced on the tips of her toes. "I cannot wait to get started!" But then she abruptly stopped, and her smile faded.

"What is it?" Elouise asked, standing, and gently putting a hand on Ivy's shoulder.

Ivy sighed. "I suppose we should talk about this now rather than later. You said you've read a bit about this magic before, so I'm sure I don't need to elaborate too much... Ah, this is referred to as dark magic, because most of it requires calling upon the souls of the dead for assistance. Specifically, those who haven't found their peace."

Elouise tensed. Yes, she recalled learning about that. It was the very reason she stopped reading the few books about magic in the library. Yet she hung onto to Ivy saying most of it. Not every aspect was so tainted, then.

Ivy continued. "In using too much of the bigger spells, you are constantly opening yourself up to them and making yourself vulnerable. At some point, it can become too difficult to ignore their temptations."

Elouise knew the locating spells had to be part of these bigger spells Ivy was alluding to. How else would the spells be successful in finding their targets?

And Ivy's mother often used those.

"Oh," was all Elouise managed.

Ivy playfully nudged her. "Goddesses, what a way to spoil the mood in here!"

Elouise wished she could laugh again. She, at least, faintly smiled. But there was much more to think about now. She'd nearly considered using a spell to discover who was really behind the letters. Even if it would be helpful to know, the possible consequences terrified her more than receiving more threats.

Regaining herself, Elouise thanked Ivy for taking the time to talk to her about this. Ivy gave her a funny look as they walked to the door together.

"You don't have to thank me for spending time with you, Elouise! We haven't had the chance to be alone together like this. We're always accompanied by Mister Knight and his trusted companion—my cousin."

Elouise couldn't resist chuckling lightly at that. "Yes, we'd certainly do better with a little less of them, wouldn't we?"

"Absolutely! But I don't think I have the heart to leave them behind. I mean, let's face it, Elouise—they would be lost without us." And they both laughed harder.

Then someone knocked at the door, and Ivy asked who it was.

"It is Alice, Lady Ivy!"

The rosiness on Ivy's cheeks darkened. "I will never get used to her calling me that. I've constantly told her not to." She opened the door, revealing the maid holding two pillows.

"I've brought what you asked for, Lady Ivy," Alice told her, carefully stepping into the room. Ivy and Elouise moved aside, allowing Alice more space to walk past. She did so and, when she reached where the kitten was now investigating the windowsill, she set the pillows down beside the wall and fluffed them out.

"How are you liking her?" questioned Elouise.

"She's wonderful," Ivy replied. "I wish she would have full conversations with me instead of stopping them midway to ask me if I need anything."

"Remember that she is new. Give her some time. If anyone can help her feel more comfortable being herself, it's you." Elouise turned away and exited the room. Out in the corridor, she smiled back at Ivy one last time before heading off.

Her mind raced with everything she and Ivy had spoken about. She was desperate to talk to Fayre about this but bringing up dark magic without a proper reasoning would spew an entirely different discussion.

Elouise groaned. She truly loathed having secrets. It used to be exciting when she first discovered her magical abilities. But now the desire to stand out on her balcony and shout to the wind that she—the Princess of Aristol—had magic and had a destiny to fulfill was becoming all too enticing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 6K 67
Book 2 #19 in Fantasy #8 in action-packed #27 in dark magic #28 in fantasy-adventure Everything Celestia Armedes has ever come to know is crumbling t...
59.3K 6.4K 67
(BOOK #3 in the Secrets of Aristol series.) A month after Eldon's knighting ceremony, things seem relatively safe and sound... until they aren't. Elo...
215K 17.5K 51
One comes from royalty, and one comes from poverty. Yet the same shadows follow them everywhere, leading them right to each other and their destiny. ...
15 0 8
In the highly anticipated follow up to Magicals. Arabella wakes up in the hospital searching for the one person she needs most, Garrett. However, Gar...