Jefe II

Love_Bri94 által

14 years later, your favorite couple is back. Több

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
🤗
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

25

4.6K 292 99
Love_Bri94 által

Christopher Jr
A Month Later

My eyes peeled open as my phone rung loudly next to me. Without looking, I reached over and grabbed it. Aliyah's unsaved number flashed across my screen.

We don't really speak after that crazy meeting with our parents. I told her to apologize and her mother too but they were both on some bullshit so I told her we were done. The disrespect towards both of my parents was unnecessary. Jealousy is a disease.

We only communicate when it's regarding our daughter.

Sliding over the answer button I placed the phone on speaker. "What?"

"My water broke Chris, I'm on my way to the hospital."

My eyes fully opened. "What?!"

"I'm in labor nigga! Come down to the hospital, bring your mom."

"I'm on my way." I hung up then went and grabbed my clothes and slipped them on. I swear I was seconds from hyperventilating. Busting into my parents room I went over to my moms side of the bed. "Ma, Get up."

"What Junior, whaaaat?"

"Get up Ma, Get up."

"Is the house on Fire?"

"No."

"Well leave me alone."

"Carlee bro, get the hell up."

Her eyes popped open and she jumped out the bed. "What the fuck You just say?"

"Aliyah is in labor, that was the only way I could wake you up." I said while tossing my hands up to block the hit that I knew would be next.

She sighed then sat back on the bed. "Is she really in labor or is this one of those false alarms that she's been having all week?"

"She's really in labor. Can you get dressed?"

"Junior."

"Ma, I know there's an issue between you, her and her mom but you're not there for them you're there to support me and see your first grandchild come into this world."

"You're right....you're right. Let me get dressed."

"Are you going to bring dad?" I pointed to him who was knocked out.

"No, he can come later on."

I nodded. "If Aliyah's mom tries anything, please promise you'll just walk away.

"Of course I will."

"Okay." I took a deep breath.

"You nervous?"

"That's an understatement. I can't believe I'm really about to become a father."

"My granddaughter is lucky, because I know you're going to be amazing."

I smiled. "Thanks Ma."

"You're welcome, go to the car give me a few minutes."

"Okay." I walked out of the room and headed downstairs then out to the car. I felt like I was going to have a damn panic attack.

About 10 minutes later, my mom came out and climbed in the car. "Your dad will be at the hospital in the morning."

"Okay." I pulled off and headed to Sinai. I kept shifting in my seat, I was so nervous. My mom just grabbed my hand and that instantly calmed me down.

"Junior relax, you got this and I'll be there every step of the way."

"Okay....okay."

She tried to let my hand go but I held hers tighter. She smiled the relaxed back in her seat.

We pulled up at the hospital and I valeted then we headed inside. I walked up to the front desk. "Hi."

The grumpy lady at the front desk looked up at me. "How can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Aliyah Edmonds."

"If you can read time it's after 8 and you can't see anyone after that time."

"Bitch don't talk to my son like he stupid." My mom snapped. "His girlfriend is about to have a baby so turn to that computer and give us the room number or do whatever you gotta do."

I looked at her and laughed. My mom is crazy as hell.

The lady angrily typed in everything then went and grabbed two passes. "Take that elevator up."

My mom snatched the passes from her and walked away. When we climbed on the elevator we both burst out laughing.

"Ma you gotta chill."

"The bitch didn't have to say all the shit she said. We know what fucking time it is she should've asked why we were there before running her mouth."

"That's true."

"Let's hope she's the last person you snap on tonight."

"Junior I told you I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm not about to ruin this moment for you."

"Aliyah wanted you here, so her mom is the only one we have to worry about."

"Okay."

The elevator came to a stop and we climbed off then headed to Aliyah's room. When we walked to the door, I could hear my baby's heart beat and it just made me even more nervous.

"Christopher, you got this."

I knocked then opened the door and walked in. Aliyah was asleep and her mom sat on the couch on the other side of the room.

"Hey." I said. Aliyah's eyes opened and she cracked a small smile.

"Hey...Hi Mrs. Brown."

"Hello." My mom said while sitting by the door.

"Thank you for coming." Aliyah said to her.

"No problem." My mom pulled out her phone and started scrolling through it. Mrs. Edmonds never spoke and basically acted like we weren't here but that's cool.

I kissed Aliyah's forehead then touched her stomach. "How you feeling?"

"The pain is there but it's not bad. I was far enough to get an epidural."

"Oh okay."

"I'm ready for her to get here."

"Me too. I feel like you just told me you were pregnant, now our princess is on the way."

"We've been so busy beefing with each other, we haven't sat down and thought about names for the baby."

"Yeah. I've always liked the name Amani."

"That's nice or what about India....India Rose."

"Rose and Brown don't really go well together."

"What about Mari?" My mom asked. "Since Chris's middle name is Maurice. Mari Rose Brown."

"I like that." Mrs. Edmonds said, shocking us all.

"Well then that's her name. Mari Rose Brown."

"Carlee, can I speak to you outside?" Aliyah's mom asked.

My mom looked at me then over at her. "Sure."

They both got up and walked out to the hallway.

"Should I go out there?" I asked Aliyah.

"They'll be fine, trust me."

"I hope so."

Carlee

I leaned up against the wall folding my arms, waiting for this lady to speak. The smell of the hospital was making me sick to my fucking stomach so she needs to make this fast.

"I brought you out here to apologize."

"Okay."

"My daughter had told me a lot of this about you and I prejudged you and never even took the time to get to know you. Me and my daughter a very sorry about the way we acted that day. It was so much tension, Aliyah didn't want a baby shower and I felt bad because I felt like it was my fault."

"I'm used to people coming up with their own aspects of who I am before they meet me. But I just don't tolerate disrespect. All of that because I thought I was doing something nice by throwing them a gender reveal party. Before all of this happened my son already told me that your daughter thought I was bougie. I've been around Aliyah maybe two times and it was only for two seconds. She judged me based on the way I live, that ain't cool."

"It wasn't and she definitely going to apologize."

"She knew about the gender reveal and if she didn't want it that's all she had to say. But like I said before, don't let the diamonds and cars and clothes and houses fool you. Ain't nobody coming for me and making me fold."

"I see and like I said, I'm sorry. I just want us to start over. Mari will be here at any minute and us not getting along will just make things harder for the kids."

"You're right and I'm definitely willing to leave the past in the past, because it's not about us, it's about our kids and their child."

"Exactly."

Out of nowhere I began to feel light headed. I quickly grabbed onto the railing on the wall and Aliyah's mom grabbed me.

"Are you Okay?"

I put my hand on my forehead. "Dizzy spell."

"Maybe you need something to eat or to sit down."

"Just need some water probably. I'm not feeling good at all today."

"Maybe it was something you ate. Let's go sit down and I'll get you some water."

I nodded then slowly walked back over to the room. My legs felt like jello.

"Ma you good?" Junior asked.

I couldn't even move. I stood there trying to catch my breath. The room got hot, and my heart was racing. I just rapidly shook my head.

He rushed over to me. "What's wrong?! What's wrong?"

"I ca...I can...I can't....br.breat-." Before I could finish everything went black.

Omniscient

Carlee eyes fluttered open and she looked around before quickly sitting up. Christopher Senior, sat at the end of the bed looking confused.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Carlee asked while placing her hand on her head. "My Head is killing me."

"You uh...you passed out."

She sighed. "I feel terrible, I don't know what I ate but everything hit me like a ton of bricks. Why am I hooked up to an IV?"

"You were severely dehydrated."

"Can you call the nurse? What is that thumping noise?"

Chris looked at Carlee. "A heart beat."

"Why are they monitoring my heart?"

"It's not yours Carlee."

"Then who's is it?"

"The baby's."

Carlee's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Carlee you're pregnant, don't you see the straps around your stomach? You didn't realize you missed your period?"

"I'm old as hell Chris, I thought menopause was coming. My periods aren't what they used to be so I thought this was just a month it wouldn't show up. They have to be wrong, I can't be pregnant, I'm a grand mother, I'm almost 50, what am I going to do with another baby?! Chris, you need to call a doctor in here and tell them to check that damn test again. Matter of fact go to the store and get me three tests, these damn doctors don't know what they're talking about." She tried to take the straps monitoring the baby's heartbeat off but Chris got up and grabbed her.

"Chill Carlee."

"Chill?! You just told me that I was pregnant Chris! I can't handle another baby My youngest is 13!"

"This shit happens all the time."

"My grandchild and my youngest child will grow up together. Does that sound normal to you?!"

"Carlee, relax."

Carlee started crying. "I don't wanna be fat agaaaaain."

"That's all you worried about?"

"I'm older, pregnancies are a lot riskier, it's too much going on. I can't handle a baby."

"Carlee it's nothing going on, we can afford the best doctors in the city. So what our grandbaby and our youngest will grow up together. He or she won't be alone." He wiped her tears. "We got this."

"But baby."

"But nothing, we got this. Okay?"

"Okay. Did Aliyah have the baby?"

"Not yet, she's at 8. The baby is relaxing so it might be a while."

Carlee nodded. "Chris, we're about to have another baby."

He laughed and shrugged. "Congratulations."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

548K 23.5K 56
Teach me. Show me. I'm willing to learn what LOVE really is.
206K 9K 30
Just read.
97K 3.5K 45
The Sequel To Trust Issues..........
75.9K 2.9K 43
Will you do anything to protect the one you love the most ?