Jefe II

By Love_Bri94

14 years later, your favorite couple is back. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
🤗
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

20

5.1K 307 105
By Love_Bri94

Carlee
4 Months Later

I impatiently waited for Chris to finish packing his room, he's finished with his program and I'm the one that has to sign him out since I'm the one that signed him in. After our first session with Dr. Richards, things have been better. I'm learning to move on and we're learning to build our friendship. And when I say friendship it's strictly that.

We haven't had sex since that night, constantly sleeping with Chris and then smiling in Eric's face was killing me. Chris and I both decided that being together isn't what we need. I can't trust him and he knows that'll cause more problems.

He's slowly becoming my best friend though.

It's better and easier this way.

The sound of the double doors opening caught my attention and he walked out. He looked amazing! I don't see how I didn't notice his looks changing until he became healthier. I see we both didn't pay attention to each other as much as we thought we did.

"Wassup." He said wrapping an arm around me.

"Hello." I kissed his cheek. "All set?"

"Yes I am."

"Okay, let's go." We headed out to the truck. He placed his bags in the back then took the keys from me, opened the passenger door for then climbed in the driver seat. "You're a free man, what are you going to do first?" I asked.

"Go grocery shopping and furniture shopping for my place."

Chris wanted to sell his house but I managed to talk him out of it. I know it holds some bad memories for him but buying a new house isn't going to make them go away. So I offered to help him redecorate. The boys and I cleared and cleaned that place from top to bottom. He wouldn't let me pick out the furniture on my own though. I don't know why because the house we had together, which is my current house is lit.

"How about we go to the furniture store first then head to the grocery store?" I suggested.

"Cool and you can cook me a welcome home dinner."

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Um no, now that you're out of rehab you can start dating and get you a boo that can cook."

"I'm not worried about dating right now, I got other shit on my plate."

"Like what?"

"Selling this advertisement company. I'm turning the clothing line over to the boys."

"I mean your ex-wife is amazing at advertising, you could just give it to her." I said while nudging him.

"Give it?" He laughed. "You sound crazy."

"Oh that's how you feel?"

"I'm kidding, I just thought that you found something since you haven't talked about it in a while."

"I've just been distracted with other things, I'm kind of enjoying not being all stressed about work, meeting deadlines and all that shit."

"Agreed."

"It's time to start enjoying life because once it's over, it's over."

"That is true."

"So how's everything with Eric?"

"Okay."

"Every time I ask you that, I always hear uncertainty in your voice."

"We're good Chris, I promise."

"Alright, just making sure."

After that the drive got quiet. 30 minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of the furniture store. We climbed out the car then headed inside. "So What look are you going for?" I asked.

"A modern look, something different then what I had."

"You want a bachelor pad look?"

He laughed. "Why you so desperately trying to get me to grasp my single life?"

"Because you're supposed to, you're single, go mingle."

"I'm good."

"So you want to be lonely all your life?"

"I'm not saying that I'm just not in a rush to deal with somebody. I just went through a lot, ruined a 17 year relationship, I'm still trying to bounce back from all that. Don't think nothing by this but you know my heart still belongs to you."

I took a deep breath. "You like this couch?"

"Nah, not really my style."

"Ok, what about that couch?"

"That's nice, I like the color."

"It's your style. I think it'll look really nice in your living room, they even have a smaller one. All you'll need is two chairs and a nice table, some other deco-."

"Carlee."

My heart sped up and I quickly looked over my shoulder. "Baby?"

Eric walked up to me, looking at Chris behind me. "What's going on here?"

"Just helping Chris find some furniture for his place."

Eric's jaw clinched. Why are men that I deal with always intimidated by Chris?

"I don't think we've officially met." Chris said stepping in front of me with his hand out.

"Eric, Carlee's boyfriend."

"I'm sure you know who I am." A sly smirk peeled across Chris's face and I just immediately got nervous. Please don't be petty right now.

"Yeah the one that cheated on her. You just finished your rehab program right?"

God why?

Chris laughed. "That's funny, make sure you treat her right youngin'." He roughly patted Eric's shoulder then walked away.

"Why he can't find nobody else to help him shop for furniture?"

"Baby don't do this, please don't make something out of nothing."

"I keep getting that vibe that you wanna be around him. If that's the case then you need to leave me the fuck alone."

"You need to stop being so fucking insecure. He's the father of my children, he's going to be around whether you like it or not." I tried to walk away but he snatched me back.

"I'm not about to deal with no bullshit with him or you Carlee, get it together."

I snatched away and went to go find Chris. After not finding him in the store, I headed outside. He was by the truck smoking a cigarette. I grabbed it out his mouth and tossed on the ground. "You know I hate when you smoke cigarettes."

Shaking his head, he climbed into the car.

I went and got into the passenger seat. "What's your problem?"

"Why is it any of his business what the fuck I'm going through?"

"Chris-."

"It's common to talk about the cheating shit but that nigga didn't need to know that I'm in rehab!"

"Chris a lot of people know what happened with you, when I first met him, he mentioned it! I didn't tell him anything."

"Whatever."

"Look lose your attitude, I'm not about to deal with you and him being pissed off."

"What the fuck is he mad for? Because we out looking at couches."

"If you dated a woman and saw her out with the man that she was with for 17 years, how would you feel?"

"Look to make shit easier, after this we're just going to stay away from each other. I'm not trying to ruin your relationship, I don't want you to be pissed at me if things end between you two. We're in a good space, I just wanna keep it like that."

Sighing, I sat back in my seat.

I don't have time for none of this shit.

Christopher Sr.

After grocery shopping and Carlee telling me what I should and shouldn't eat, we headed back to my house. Now I'm watching her cook dinner.

I see this Eric nigga gone be a problem. The crazy part is I really want Carlee to have a successful relationship, I ain't trying to start no trouble.

After these therapy sessions we've became good friends. There's no sexual tension, no flirting, none of that. I get it, we have history but us happening again, isn't going to happen. She needs somebody that she can trust and I know she'll never be able to do that with me.

"Why are you so quiet?" Carlee asked walking up to me.

"Just watching you cook."

"I know when something is on your mind."

"I'm good."

"Chris are you still thinking about that bullshit from earlier?"

"Naw."

She stood in between my legs then pulled on my goatee. "Don't worry about Eric, he'll be alright. Me and you know what's going on between us. If he wants to trip over what he thinks is going on, then oh well."

Sighing I put my hands on her waist. "Carlee I just don't want to come in between what y'all got going on."

She gripped my chin and made me look down at her. "Don't worry about me and Eric. Focus on getting back on your feet."

I just stared in her eyes, the grip on my waist got tighter. All that bullshit I was just talking ran out of my mind. Her hands gripped my wrist and she licked her lips.

My hands slid down to her ass and I tightly gripped it. Our faces grew closer and we were about to kiss until her phone started ringing.

"Ignore it." I said.

"Chris we said that we weren't going to do this anymore."

I sat up straight. "Right....I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, it's okay."

I moved my hands allowing her to walk over to her phone. She answered it and put it to her ear.

"Hello." Carlee said. "Claire calm down, I can't understand you."

I quickly got off the counter and rushed over to her. "Baby let me see the phone."

She moved away. "What's going on?! Why are you crying?"

Oh my god.

I tried to reach for the phone but was too late, Carlee just started screaming and I already knew why. I pulled her into my arms.

"Noooooooo." She cried. "Please tell me this is not true, pleeeeease, please tell me my dad isn't gone."

My heart broke even more just hearing her say that. Tears filled my eyes. Carlee cried harder and harder in my arms.

"You're going to get through this baby, I got you, I promise I got you. I'm so sorry Carlee."

She slid down to the floor. I got down with her and just pulled her in my arms and we just cried together.

Man this is about to be tough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 58 8
Different love, different hearts.
97K 3.5K 45
The Sequel To Trust Issues..........
2.3M 77.5K 44
Chris Brown fanfiction. © ArtistryByBadu This story is not to be copied, reposted, plagiarized in any form.
548K 23.5K 56
Teach me. Show me. I'm willing to learn what LOVE really is.