The Tables Have Turned

By Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 34

185K 4.7K 1.2K
By Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 34

Don’t panic, don’t panic, I kept on chanting in my head as Mr. Jack started giving out the papers.  I saw the small smirk on his face as he gave out the papers very slowly. He knew that most of the class was having panic attacks and he’s doing this on purpose!

“Mr. Jack!” I yelled and he looked at me with a mixture of surprise and innocence. “Faster!”

Everyone snickered and Mr. Jack gave me an amused smile. “Now, Hailey, I don’t think this is something appropriate to say in class, so please watch your language next time or I might have to send you to the principal’s office.”

I gasped, shocked that he replied that way. When I met his eyes, I blushed and ducked my head, avoiding the laughs and amused looks. Talk about embarrassing! How did I manage to get myself into that situation?!

When Mr. Jack gave me my paper, his smirk widened and his eyes sparkled with amusement. I blushed again and busied myself with the test.

It took me a few minutes to start concentrating on the test and I noticed that it wasn’t as easy as the first one.

I knew some parts whereas some others confused me. It was like I haven’t even seen some of this stuff in my life.

When the time was up, we all handed in our papers. I was relieved that it was over but slightly disappointed that I didn’t do as well as in the first test.

“It was hard,” I whined when I got back to my seat.

Alex, Paul, and Chase smirked at the same time and I felt myself blushing again.

“Didn’t think you were that kind of girl, Hailey,” I heard Mr. Jack call out. I spun around and found him smirking at me. Before I could even reply, he left the classroom. Why was he being such a pervert today?

“What’s wrong with him?” I grumbled, trying to get rid of the blush.

The guys laughed at me and I scowled.

“It’s okay, Hailey, no need to be shy. I know your ‘bad’ side,” Paul said, smirking evilly.

“Okay, too much information!” Chase said loudly and then he left to where Mariah was standing with a few girls.

Paul smirked and I suppressed my own smirk because Chase knew that our relationship was fake but he always acted as if it wasn’t.

When my eyes met Paul’s blue ones, he waggled his eyebrows suggestively and I smacked his arm.

“Stop it, you pervert!” I ordered him.

He chuckled then moved his lips to my ear and whispered, “I’m enjoying Alex’s reaction.”

I rolled my eyes at him but I couldn’t stop the blush that took over my face when I saw Alex’s angry face.

Then I spotted Carson and she was a hundred times angrier than Alex. My eyes widened slightly at the fuming girl before I turned my attention back to Paul.

I mimicked his action and whispered in his ear, “And I’m enjoying Carson’s reaction.”

Alex grumbled something under his breath before joining Chase and the other girls.

Paul grinned and was about to say something when Carson stormed over to us.

“You’re a jerk!” She yelled at Paul. “Last week you were going over to my house and begging me to go out with you and now you’re with Hailey?! See, that’s what I was talking about when I rejected you. You just make me so mad sometimes! You’re so heartless! You—”

Paul cut her off by kissing her lips briefly. No one else noticed the kiss but Carson’s eyes widened in shock.

“You know,” I said to Paul as Carson tried to get over the shock. “For two smart people, that wasn’t a smart move. We shouldn’t have done the whole fake dating thing because that shows that you are a player.”

“Hmm, I didn’t even think about it,” Paul replied then we both burst out laughing at our idiocy.

“What’s going on?” Carson’s voice stopped out laughter.

“You see, Paul was depressed on Saturday and he was whining like a baby the whole time because you rejected him,” I started and Paul blushed as he tried to say that he wasn’t depressed. I just rolled my eyes at him and continued. “So he begged me to do this whole fake dating thing to try and make you jealous. What we idiots didn’t think of was that it would make him look more like a player.”

She nodded her head as she understood what was going on.

“I don’t want to say that so that I don’t boost his ego, but seriously Carson, he’s a great guy. You have the right to be scared of getting hurt but trust me he loves you too much to do that,” I said.

“L-love?” She stammered, her cheeks turning red as she glanced at Paul who was blushing as well.

I smiled and walked away from them, knowing that they will get together in less than a minute.

“What are you smiling about?” Chase asked.

“Nothing,” I sang but my grin widened.

He opened his mouth to say something but shut it when his gaze landed on Paul and Carson. He gave me a knowing smile and we discreetly hi-fived each other.

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around my waist and someone bumped into me making me stumble forward.

I turned my head to the right slightly and saw Paul’s brown hair.

He squeezed me tightly and gave me a wide grin.

“Aww you’re so cute when you’re in love!” I cooed and pinched his cheeks.

He didn’t bother slapping my hands away; he just smiled like an idiot.

“Thank you,” he said sincerely.

“You’re welcome,” I replied, smiling at him. I guess the whole thing was worth it because he looked so happy right now.

During break time, I walked out of the classroom with Chase and Mariah to tell them what happened with Carson and Paul since they knew about the fake dating. They were so happy for them, just like I was.

Paul disappeared and it didn’t take a genius to guess who he was with. I scanned the place but they were nowhere in sight. I guess they were still hiding from everyone before officially declaring their relationship.

Alex joined Chase, Mariah, and I as we chatted during break time.

I loved Mariah and Chase’s relationship because they always fought over useless things then they would quickly make up. This time, their fight was over apples. Yes, apples.

“They are the most disgusting fruits ever!” Mariah said, wrinkling her nose.

“What are you talking about woman?!” Chase exclaimed. “Red apples are so sweet and shiny!”

“They have that powdery taste most of the time,” she replied. “It’s like eating chalk.”

“Have you ever tasted chalk?” Chase snapped and I stifled a laugh. “No, so don’t compare apples to something you never tried.”

“Yes, I did taste chalk when I was in sixth grade!” She argued.

“Who in their right mind eats chalk?” Chase said, starting another argument.

“Are you saying that I’m stupid?” She questioned.

“You did eat chalk,” he replied dryly.

She glared at him before standing up and leaving.

“Oops,” Chase muttered and I burst out laughing. He quickly got up and followed her.

“Wait! Mariah!” He called and I laughed once again. How cute.

When I stopped laughing, I noticed that it was just Alex and I but I tried my best not to make it awkward.

“They always fight, it’s so hilarious,” I said.

“That’s the way they communicate,” Alex replied.

“Just like we used to communicate by teasing each other,” I said, smirking at him.

He frowned at me for a long minute before I asked, “What?”

He kept on frowning for another several seconds as his eyes filled with an emotion close to anger and pain.

 “Why? Why aren’t you mad at me?!” He suddenly yelled. Bipolar much? Who knows what goes on in that head of his

I was shocked so I stayed silent for a bit then I opened my mouth to speak but he wouldn’t let me.

“You never loved me! Even when we were back together you were lying!” He said accusingly.

Oh so that’s what he thinks. But hell no, he doesn’t know a single thing.

“No! Shut up, Alex! You don’t know anything!” I yelled. That was the one thing I wouldn’t allow him to say. I loved him. I loved him more than I thought I could love. I still love him that much, it hurts.

“Enlighten me, then!” He retorted. “Why did you go out with my best friend, right after our breakup, if you really loved me?!”

“You don’t get it! You are the most observant person I know and you are the only person that can read me so easily but you still can’t see it!”

“See what?!”

“You idiot!” I said and start punching his chest. “Why? Why are you so oblivious?!”

He held my wrists in his hands and said, “Stop hitting me! Just tell me what’s going on!”

“I love you! That’s what’s going on!” I replied as tears of pain and anger filled my eyes.

“Damn it I can’t stop loving you,” I said softly, looking down at my shoes and forcing my tears not to escape.

“What about Paul?” He asked, his voice sounding calmer but still a bit of anger was there.

“You still don’t see it,” I laughed humorlessly, shaking my head at him. “Paul likes Carson but she rejected him when he told her because she said he could never be a good boyfriend. He was hurt and asked for my help so we started this whole fake relationship thing to make Carson jealous and it worked. Our fake breakup should be announced in class by tomorrow.”

“So you’re not in love with Paul?” Alex asked.

“I haven’t been in love with anyone but you in the past three years,” I said truthfully.

Honestly, I expected Alex to say that he loves me back and then he would kiss me and everything would go back to the way it should be, but what I didn’t expect was the mini speech he gave me.

“Hailey, a lot has happened in those three years and we both said things we can never take back. Our feelings changed and got mixed up so I think the best for us is to just be friends,” he said calmly.

Shattered.

That was how my heart was at that moment.

Is it even possible to feel more pain now than I did when he broke up with me in front of everyone?

I mean I just admitted that I have been in love with him for three whole years and his reply is to be friends?

Turns out it was him who never loved me.

I probably deserved the whole break up thing but damn it I knew I didn’t deserve this right now.

How is it possible for me to get over this? He’s with me in class every freaking day for another six months, he’s my tutor, and he’s Chase’s best friend!

“Are you okay?” He asked uncertainly after a few moments of silence.

“No,” I murmured because I really wasn’t okay. I couldn’t fight anymore because he clearly said that he didn’t want to be with me. I ripped my wrists out of his hands and ran away from him.

I still had that little hope inside of me that he would run after me and apologize then tell me that he loves me too, just like he did when we got back together, but this time he didn’t.

At least I was able to complete my dramatic exit for once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helloooooooo!

I'm backkk! :D My trip to Spain was great :)

I hope you guys liked that chapter and I'm sorry if it's a little short :P

Thank you coletteeeee for the cover on the side! :) -->

Happy Birthday to iheartsports2 Pinutie  MissMarissa14  No_Life  bj13713  AlienaFaeithx  bri_themockingjay  Gemmag7589. Have a wonderful year! :)

Next Upload: Monday or Tuesday

Aim for this Chapter: 550 votes :)

Have a wonderful day/night everyone! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 1.4K 37
* Previously known as Butterfly * Alexandra Ramirez grew up with her parents not caring about her dreams. She had to be the next CEO of their company...
164K 2.1K 26
(completed) it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. but true love never dies. best ranking: #1 in #ColbyBrock 2/21/19 #1 in #traphouse 8/26/1...
245K 7.7K 20
**This story is, for the most part, still the same as before, however it was completely rewritten so some of the events and story lines have been cha...
23.4K 348 40
Kate and Colby have been best friends for years. What happens when they both decide they want more than that? How will their fans react? Their frien...