The Tables Have Turned

By Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 26

191K 4.3K 1K
By Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 26

I groaned as I answered my phone as it rang Saturday morning. It was still too early.

“Hello?” I mumbled sleepily, my eyes still shut.

“Good morning!”Paul chirped from the other end. “Are you ready?”

“For what?” I replied, my brain still not fully awake.

“For our day together,” he said, his mood dropping slightly.

“It’s too early!” I protested.

“I want to spend as much time with you as possible,” he replied and I smiled.

“Fine, I’ll get up,” I said as I sat up in my bed.

“Great! I’ll be there in thirty minutes,” he said before hanging up.

I sighed when I saw on my phone that it was still 9:30a.m. I then got out of bed and went to take a shower.

Fifteen minutes later, I was out of the shower and picking my clothes. I finally decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a light blue V-neck long-sleeved shirt with my black flats.

I then braided my wet hair and once I was done, I grabbed a purse, shoving in it all the things I needed, and then went downstairs. Emily and Chase were still sleeping but I knew that Chase, unlike Emily and I, kept his phone on silent at night so I sent him a message saying that I was going out with Paul. He’d see it when he wakes up.

I made myself a cheese sandwich and ate it. When I was done, I heard the doorbell. I grabbed a cherry lollipop and put it in my purse before running to the door.

“Hey,” I said as I opened the door and saw Paul standing there, with a grin on his face. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. For a second I wondered if he was cold but then I remembered that he almost never gets cold.

“Ready?” he asked and I nodded.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders in a friendly gesture as we walked to where his car was parked.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” he said and I rolled my eyes at the cliché reply. I still loved surprises though.

I climbed in his car and we put on our seatbelts before he started driving. We had a really different taste in music so we kept on fighting about what songs to listen to the whole way.

“Stop changing the station!” I ordered him, shooting him a glare.

I saw his lips twitch and I huffed in annoyance. He was enjoying that. I took out my lollipop and shoved it in my mouth.

“Why do you like lollipops that much?” Paul asked and I shrugged.

“They taste good,” I replied.

He smirked and said, “Or maybe you just like the sucking. Alex is one lucky guy…”

I gasped as my cheeks turned red. “Paul! You’re such a pervert!”

He laughed at my discomfort and I just scowled.

“Stop scowling,” he said when he stopped laughing. “It was just a joke.”

I stuck my tongue out at him and he smirked again and before I could tell him to stop the dirty comment he was going to make, he spoke.

“Your tongue is red. Slow down on the sucking,” he said and then burst out laughing.

“Paul!” I yelled at him again. He knew it was because the cherry lollipop was red!

“I’m so funny,” he said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“And modest,” I muttered sarcastically and he chuckled.

“Don’t worry, Hailey, you’re funny too,” he said.

“I know,” I said arrogantly making him laugh again.

“We’re here!” He said and that’s when I looked out of the window and gasped.

In front of us was an amusement park with tons of rides!

I squealed like a little girl and jumped up and down in my seat. He started laughing at me. I opened the car door and ran out of the car.

“Come on! Faster!” I called out to Paul who was taking his time.

He shook his head at me, an amused smile on his lips. On the door, there was a young girl wearing colorful clothes with a name tag that read ‘Marissa’.

“Good morning,” she said, smiling brightly at us. “Would you like tickets or bracelets?”

Apparently, each ride costs a specific number of tickets so we could either buy tickets for each ride or we can simply pay more and get the bracelets which will allow us to do all the rides as much as we want.

Of course, we preferred the bracelets even though it meant we had to pay more.

Paul didn’t let me pay. We had a fight right in front of that girl because he wouldn’t let me pay for my own bracelet, saying that it was on him. The girl laughed at us and I finally gave up when he kept on insisting.

She gave us two neon bracelets that I was sure glowed in the dark. It was now 11:00a.m and people were starting to fill the place.

Of course the roller coaster was the first ride we went on. I loved that ride so much. I loved the feeling I get before the ride starts and the way my heart drops with every turn, flip, and loop.

Thank God I braided my hair, I though. It would’ve looked horrible right now if I didn’t.

After the roller coaster, Paul insisted that we ride the pirate ship. I didn’t mind because I liked most of the rides here.

We sat beside each other and the ride slowly started. I was a bit scared when we got to the highest point and I held a bit tighter onto the seat.

“You know what?” Paul started when we got off that ride and started walking around, searching for a new one. “I’m glad you’re not afraid of those rides.”

I laughed. “I love the rides! Amusement parks are the best things ever created!”

“That is so true,” he agreed with me.

We then went on several other rides that were all epic. Paul then bought me cotton candy, a giant pretzel, and a caramel apple.

“Why are you giving me so much food?” I asked, surprised.

“Because we won’t be having lunch today,” he replied. “We’re going for dinner tonight.”

“Oh okay then,” I said and started eating the food. When I was done, I was extremely full. The next few rides weren’t very fast so that we don’t puke all our food.

We went into the haunted house and I was amazed at how beautiful the decoration inside was. It looked so real!

I won’t lie; I was scared in that ride because I have a fear of mannequins that move. The one that scared me the most was a skeleton that was dressed in a bride’s dress and it was moving its head while holding a mirror.

I shivered in fear and disgust and Paul held my hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

“So you’re scared of haunted houses,” Paul concluded when we got out of the ride.

“I just don’t like those dummies,” I replied truthfully.

“It’s okay,” he replied. “I was there to hold your hand.”

I rolled my eyes at him and didn’t reply.

“Alex would be so jealous if he found out,” Paul mused.

“He would be,” I agreed. “So watch out because if I tell him he’ll kick your ass.”

Paul laughed. “But his jealousy is too much.”

“I know,” I replied. “We used to fight a lot because of it.”

“He’ll change for you,” Paul replied confidently.

“Why are you so sure?” I asked.

“Because I know he loves you and he’ll try his best,” Paul said and I smiled as my heart fluttered in my chest at his words.

I knew that Alex loved me but hearing it from his best friend too made it sound as if it was even more real.

We walked around the park for a while and went on a few other rides that weren’t very scary but they were entertaining.

At 5:00p.m, Paul said that it was time to go so I begged him to ride the roller coaster one last time and he eventually agreed after I used my puppy look.

Again, he didn’t tell me where we were going and we just drove while chatting about the most random things you could imagine.

“I mean don’t they feel awkward walking like that?” He said.

“Paul, dogs are born like that,” I said. “They have to walk on four feet.”

“But it’s weird,” he replied. “I tried it once. I felt like a table.”

I burst out laughing at that. “A table? Seriously?”

He chuckled and nodded his head.

“You’re stupid,” I said and he gave me a hurt look.

“I’m hurt,” he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

“It’s okay, you’ll get over it,” I replied.

He gasped. “You’re mean!”

“Thank you,” I said, winking at him.

He ignored me and after a few seconds he grinned and said, “We’re here.”

I looked out of the window and frowned at the restaurant. I haven’t heard of it before but it looked okay.

We went in and sat on the comfortable black chair of a table in the right corner of the place. A young waitress got us menus for the both of us and I flipped through its pages, getting more confused every minute because of the wide variety.

I finally settled on a deliciously described chicken burger. We told the waitress what we wanted and she left to place our orders.

I then looked around the place and noticed the decoration that seemed a bit old and country style but it was nice. It felt cozy because it wasn’t very big and the lights were not very bright, giving it a warm atmosphere.

We chatted for a bit then three people went on the stage. It was only then that I noticed the small wooden stage in the middle front of the restaurant. The girl stood in the middle and the two guys with their guitars stood on either side of her and a bit to the back. They looked in their late thirties.

“Hello everyone,” the girl said into the microphone and unsurprisingly she had a heavy western accent. Her knee length yellow dress and brown boots suited her.

They started singing country songs and I was amazed by their beautiful voices. I never was really a fan of country music but the songs they were singing were pretty cool. I didn’t know that Paul liked country music either.

“I didn’t know you liked country music,” I voiced out my thoughts.

I saw his blush slightly as he replied, “Well I do.”

“That’s good to know,” I said. “I liked their songs too so I think we finally found songs we both like.”

He chuckled and nodded his head in agreement.

Soon, the food arrived and when I took the first bite of my chicken burger I knew that I had made the best decision in the world by ordering it.

“Hailey?” Paul asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Yeah?” I replied, slightly confused by his solemn expression. He was usually cheerful and carefree.

“Do you think I’m a player?” He asked and that got me even more confused.

I thought about his question for a bit before replying. “No, not really.”

He looked surprised but relieved.

“When I first met you, I thought you were one,” I started to explain. “But as we became closer, I noticed that you’re not. Yeah, you flirt with girls but that doesn’t make you a player.”

“Really?” He asked, hope lighting his blue eyes.

“Yep,” I replied. “Why are you asking anyway?”

“N-nothing,” he stammered, his cheeks turning red.

“Paul,” I said warningly.

He looked away but I kept staring at him, waiting for an answer.

“I just wanted to know if girls thought I was a player…” he replied.

“Why? Do you like someone, Paul?” I asked. A cheeky smile spread across my lips when I saw him blush an even deeper shade of red.

“I-I…” he trailed off.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“I can’t say,” he replied.

“Why not?” I asked, frowning at him.

“I don’t want you to tell her,” he said.

“I won’t!” I replied honestly.

He shook his head at me and I pouted.

“Okay so that means I know the girl so she is in our class so I’ll find out who it is soon,” I said.

He narrowed his eyes at me but said nothing else. I thought he was adorable! First Chase and now Paul. How cute! Love is everywhere!

“Two brownies please,” Paul told the waitress and that was when I noticed her standing next to our table. I was busy thinking about the girl he likes.

She nodded and left back to the kitchen.

“I can’t eat anymore,” I complained.

“You can’t miss that brownie,” he said and I nodded. I’ll eat a little piece of it just to taste it.

A few minutes later, two plates with delicious-looking brownies were set in front of us.

I took a bite and gasped at the delicious sweet taste of the brownie.

“You like it?” Paul asked.

“I love it!” I replied taking another big bite of it. “It’s the most delicious brownie I have ever tasted.”

He nodded in agreement as we ate our brownie. Even though I was full, I managed to eat the entire brownie. It was that delicious.

When we were done, we left the restaurant and Paul drove me home. On the way back, we played the songs of Paul’s CD. It had country songs that were similar to the ones we were listening to in the restaurant.

“Thanks Paul, I had a great day,” I said when he stopped the car in the driveway.

He smiled at me and said, “I did too.”

I gave him a hug before I went out of the car. He waited for me to go in before he left.

Even though it was only 9:30p.m, I went up to my room and immediately fell asleep. I had a tiring day but it was amazing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour/Bonsoir!

Okay I'm not going to write my author's note in French because some of you might not understand :P

Anywayy I missed you guys!

My trip to France was amazing! My friends and I had so much fun! (:

Thank you for being patient and I'm sorry if the chapter wasn't long or good enough :/

The dedication is to my friend Hana (secretlovd) who made me a trailer for my story. Check it out, it's on the right -->

Happy Birthday to Sameoldsongx  paigewright7  Madgab8  AnneMarieWolff  SetFiretomyRain  MichaelAngelo7. Have an amazing year! :)

Next Upload: Friday or Saturday.

Aim for this Chapter: 590 votes.

Have a wonderful day/night! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 327 21
Jessica Taylor is about to graduate senior year of high school, struggling with constantly being reminded she use to be overweight, having absentee p...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
10.3K 569 23
Catherine was about to say something, but the office door flew open. I let out a breath of relief. Grabbing Daphne's arm, I led us towards the op...
188K 2.7K 52
your childhood best friend, tara moves across the country and becomes famous. she gets a friend group that you only socialize with over the internet...