The Tables Have Turned

Od Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... Viac

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 22

203K 4.8K 630
Od Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 22

Emily and I stood in front of my closet as she helped me choose my outfit for my date with Alex. It was now 5:00p.m so I still had time. Plus, he said to dress casual so I didn’t need that much time.

“This!” Emily said, making me jump slightly. She pulled out a shirt from my closet and I looked at it for a second before nodding in approval.

I put on my black skinny jeans with the grey shirt that had a black bow to the right that Emily picked for me. I then matched them with my black flats that had a little bow on each one of them.

My hair was not bad today so I kept it as it is. I just applied a bit of mascara and lip gloss and stuffed a few things in my black purse.

“You look cute!” Emily said, giving me an approving smile.

“Thank you,” I said, grinning.

“So tell me!” She squealed happily, pulling me to sit on the chair.

“Tell you what?” I said and felt a blush making its way to my cheeks.

“About you and Alex,” she said. “Tell me everything.”

“Well it just happened,” I said and she rolled her eyes at me.

“Yeah right,” she said, not believing me.

“Okay fine,” I said, sighing in defeat and then I told her the whole story, starting from the lollipop incident.

“I’m still wondering if he’s bipolar,” she said thoughtfully and I laughed.

“Why is that?” I then asked.

“Well he was yelling at you then he ran after you and forgave you,” she said.

“He’s always been weird like that,” I said and she nodded, muttering ‘bipolar’ under her breath.

I chuckled and checked the time on my cell phone. It was still 6:52p.m and I glared at my screen, wanting the time to move faster.

“I have to go study a bit,” Emily said as she stood up.

“No need for lying,” I teased. “I know you’re going to call Josh.”

She blushed and smiled. “Maybe,” was her ‘mysterious’ reply.

I rolled my eyes at her as she walked out of my room.

“Have fun on your date!” She called and I yelled back a ‘thanks’.

I sat on my bed and replayed in my mind all the things that happened with Alex and I in the past few days. I couldn’t help but smile like an idiot when I thought of everything.

I wish I could tell my mom, I thought as I glanced at the picture on my bedside table. She would’ve been happy for me. Both, her and dad would’ve been happy. They would’ve told me to invite him for dinner and even to spend the day!

They loved that boy like he was their own son. I never thought that my dad would be okay with me dating because he used to glare at every guy who even looks at me. I think he started liking Alex when he came over once just to give me flowers and an envelope that had a poem inside. That was the same poem that dad gave my mom when he asked her to be his girlfriend. After that, dad started noticing how good Alex treated me and soon he started treating him like his own son.

I did notice that I was crying but I didn’t stop my tears. I let them spill freely for a few minutes. I knew that remembering my parents would make me cry but I just couldn’t stop myself.

For the next few minutes I just prayed for them. I prayed for them to be in a better place, in a happier place.

I then went to my bathroom to wash my face and remove the now ruined mascara. I splashed cold water on my face and rubbed my eyes. I then dried my face with the towel and as I was returning it to its place, two arms wrapped around my waist.

I screamed but when I saw Alex’s face in the mirror, I relaxed.

“You almost gave me a heart attack!” I said, glaring at him in the mirror.

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

“You were crying,” he murmured and I looked away from his blue eyes in the mirror in front of us. “Why?”

I didn’t feel like telling him the sad story about my parents’ death now. I wanted to have fun tonight, not cry like a baby.

“It’s nothing,” I said.

“Hailey,” he said, not believing me.

“Please, not today,” I said, turning around to look at him.

His eyes met mine for a few minutes before he nodded slowly. “Okay, let’s go.”

I smiled and gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

“Thank you,” I said and he squeezed me a bit tighter before we pulled away.

“You’re ready?” Alex asked and I nodded.

We then walked outside after I told Chase that I was leaving. I put my seatbelt and turned on the radio. I decided to forget all the sad thoughts for tonight and just have fun.

“It’s nothing special but I know you’ll love it,” Alex said as he started driving and I smiled. I was now even more excited.

“Is it a garden?” I asked because I really loved gardens. It was too cold for him to be taking me to the beach so I crossed that out.

“Nope,” he replied.

“The park?” I asked.

“Nope,” he said again, a smile tugging on his lips.

“Is it the—” He cut me off.

“Hailey,” He said, chuckling. “Stop guessing.”

“But I can’t help it!” I complained.

“Still the same Hailey,” I heard him mutter, an amused smiled on his lips.

“Whatever,” I huffed.

“Aww come on, Hailey,” he said, grabbing my hand. “We’ll be there soon.”

“Okay,” I said softly as I stared at our intertwined hands. He still has the same effect on me—if not a stronger one.

He smirked at me, knowing exactly how I was feeling.

“You’re so annoying,” I muttered.

“I am?” He said, still smirking.

“Yes,” I said.

“You like it,” he replied, confidently.

“I-I…” I stammered because he was right. I liked everything about him. His good traits and his bad ones. “You’re still annoying,” I finally said and he laughed at my blushing face.

“You’re cute,” he said and I grinned cockily.

“Yes, yes, I am,” I replied. Suddenly, the car stopped and I looked out of the window and gasped.

A small restaurant was in front of us and the word ‘Nachos’ was written on the door.

“They have the best nachos,” he said. “And the best chocolate ice-cream.”

“That’s two in one!” I exclaimed. Nachos and chocolate ice-cream were my favorites!

“I know,” he said. We then went out of the car and into the small, almost empty, restaurant.

The friendly waiter led us to a table in the right corner of the restaurant. We sat down and I looked around at the decoration. It had a vintage style and it was beautiful even though it was small.

Alex ordered two nachos for us, a coke for him and orange juice for me.

“You know, I’ve only been here once before,” he said.

 “Why?” I asked, confused. I knew he loved nachos too.

“It just reminded me of you a lot,” he said. “When I came here, I kept on thinking about you the whole time. I knew I would never be able to forget you if I keep thinking of you, and coming here didn’t help.”

I looked away, not knowing how to reply to that. He then cupped my cheek and forced me to look at him.

“I was never able to forget you,” he said sincerely.

“I know how that feels,” I replied. Then I felt the need to apologize again so I did. “I’m sorry.”

“We got over that part already,” he said, giving me a peck.

I smiled at him and a few minutes later, our nachos arrived. They looked mouthwatering so I quickly grabbed one and ate it.

I don’t know what word I could use to describe how delicious they were. They were the best nachos I have ever tasted! And that’s saying a lot because I’ve tasted a LOT of nachos.

“Yum!” I said. “This is so good!”

“I know!” Alex said and in exactly four minutes we had devoured them all.

“I can’t believe how fast we ate those,” I said and Alex laughed.

“Time for ice-cream!” He said and I grinned. We then ordered two chocolate ice-creams.

“That will probably be the shortest date ever,” I said, laughing.

“Who said it’s coming to an end?” Alex said.

“There’s more?” I asked, surprised.

“Yep,” he replied, smiling at me.

“Really? What?” I asked, getting excited again.

“You’ll find out when we get there,” he replied and I started thinking of all the possibilities.

I heard him laugh at me and I grinned. I love his laugh…and his smile…and his eyes… and I sound like those silly girls on movies.

My thoughts were forgotten when two bowls of chocolate ice-cream were placed on our table. Alex raised a spoon of chocolate ice-cream to my mouth and I ate it, savoring its delicious taste.

“This is officially my favorite restaurant now,” I said when I swallowed and he laughed.

I suppressed an evil laugh as I put some chocolate ice-cream on my spoon. I heard myself laughing in my mind and it wasn’t just any laugh. It was the ‘mwahahaha’ kind of laugh. Yeah, it was evil.

I raised the spoon to Alex’s mouth just like he did to me earlier. He opened his mouth and I smirked as I moved my hand and put the ice-cream on his nose and cheeks.

His eyes widened and he gasped.

I then burst out laughing at the expression on his face and he joined me when he got over the shock.

“I would love to start a food fight right now but I don’t want the owners to kick us out and not allow us to come back again,” he said and I laughed.

I then took a tissue and started wiping the ice-cream off his face.

“Thanks,” he said, grinning, when I finished wiping all the chocolate ice-cream off his face.

We finished eating our ice-creams and Alex paid the bill before we left the restaurant.

We started driving somewhere and I started my guessing. Little did I know that the second part of the date was much, much better than the first!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I don't know what to say about this chapter. I didn't like it. At all. I just feel that everything I'm writing sucks. Actually, I've been down for the past few days so I feel that everything I do sucks. I'm sorry, really. I'll try harder but I'm just really tired and stressed and worried. I have a lot going on right now so please bear with me. Thanks :)

Happy Birthday to NadiaCrawford  andreaa_s97  JyuthikaSen  Maham32. Have a wonderful year! :-) Any brithdays soon? :)

Next Upload: Monday or Tuesday.

Aim for this Chapter: 800 votes.

Have a wonderful day/night! <3

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

Summers End Od Ainsley

Tínedžerská beletria

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
Chasing Liam (boyxboy) Od Kaylee

Tínedžerská beletria

245K 7.7K 20
**This story is, for the most part, still the same as before, however it was completely rewritten so some of the events and story lines have been cha...
164K 2.1K 26
(completed) it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. but true love never dies. best ranking: #1 in #ColbyBrock 2/21/19 #1 in #traphouse 8/26/1...
152 18 20
Audrey Harper is a 21 yeah old girl who hasn't been in school for a while. When she finally gets accepted at the college that her dad wished for her...