Dark Love

By luminous-pixie

16+/ When the innocence of a sheltered girl collides with the destructive force of a troubled man, their inev... More

Dark Love
Epigraph
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 2 - First encounters
Chapter 2.2 - Danger
Chapter 3 - Unexpected visitors
Chapter 4 - Sweet complications
Chapter 5 - Family dinners
Chapter 6 - Bad news
Chapter 7 - His apartment
Chapter 8 - Farewell
Chapter 9 - Pool fun
Chapter 10 - Private apologies
Chapter 11 - Uninviting parties
Chapter 12 - Apologies 2.0
Chapter 13 - The beach
Chapter 14 - Dark revelations
Chapter 15 - After-effects
Chapter 16 - The mall
Chapter 17 - Text messages
Chapter 18 - Possessive threats
Chapter 19 - Parker
Chapter 20 - Sinful pleasure
The Thorns To Her Rose
Chapter 21 - Road trips
Chapter 22 - Obsession
Chapter 23 - Dark desires
Chapter 24 - Tension
Chapter 25 - Forbidden romance
Chapter 26 - Lost trust
Chapter 27 - Broken hearts
Chapter 28 - Scary night out
Chapter 29 - Insanity
Chapter 30 - Mentally trapped
Chapter 31 - Secrets and lies
Chapter 32 - Confrontation
Chapter 33 - Party planning
Chapter 34 - Seeking forgiveness
Chapter 35 - Questioning friendships
Chapter 36 - Birthday girl
Chapter 37 - First dates
Chapter 38 - Beach appetite
Chapter 39 - Pink hair
Chapter 40 - Cabin trips
Chapter 41 - Desperate longing
Chapter 42 - Close call
Chapter 43 - Back to school
Chapter 44 - Dear diary
Chapter 45 - Repercussions
Chapter 46 - Leaving him
Chapter 47 - He's back
Chapter 48 - Punishing mistakes
Chapter 49 - Stolen desire
Chapter 50 - Revealed truths
Chapter 51 - Bloody hands
Chapter 52 - Hidden truths
Chapter 53 - Hollow grief
Chapter 54 - Therapy
Chapter 55 - The accused
Chapter 56 - The truth
Chapter 56.2 - Goodbyes
Chapter 57 - The funhouse
The Epilogue
Book 2 - Dark Temptation
Future storiesπŸ₯€

Chapter 1- Sneaking out

138K 2.5K 3.1K
By luminous-pixie

Sneaking Out

**❤**

A strikingly beautiful girl appeared before me. She had long, shining brown hair. Gorgeous chocolate brown eyes and a tan that would leave a Victoria Secret Model jealous. That, was my best friend; Isabella Freeman, also known as Bella.

Her appearance beat mine, in my opinion. Her brown hair was lovelier than my white blonde hair. Her brown eyes were wider and more complex than my crystal blue ones. Her lovely tan beat my ordinary white skin any day.

I was supposed to feel envious of her, but she always made me feel like a beauty queen with her compliments. Bella was the kind of person that could pursuade you to believe anything. And she used this trick to brighten up my day, whenever I was feeling under the weather.

"You look absolutely gorgeous!" Bella exclaimed.

I attempted to roll my eyes, but failed when my lips curved into a huge grin.

"Oh please, have you seen yourself?" I chuckled, causing her to point an accusing finger at me.

"For once in your life could you just admit that you're gorgeous. Geez, it's getting annoying." She huffed and flickered her hair out of her face. Naturally, her hair was straight. Mine was wavy but I couldn't complain. I actually loved my hair.

Throughout my sixteen years of life, boys had always hit on me for some reason that I couldn't get to. I have never had my first kiss yet, so you could only imagine the amount of times I have rejected people. No matter who they were, I wasn't ready for a relationship. I couldn't handle things like that.

However, I couldn't say the same for Bella. She indulged in guys charms all the time. She had countless amounts of boyfriends and flings, she was practically a wild child and wasn't ashamed to admit it. I still loved her, no matter what she did and would always accept her for who she was. One of the reasons why she considered me her bestfriend.

"Can we just get this night over with?" I asked, before a long sigh escaped my lips.

"Don't start with me, Sera. I will haunt you down in your sleep and tear apart every single item of clothing you own." She threatened simply, before averting her attention back to the mirror.

She was curling her hair to perfection. The dark brown strands fell smoothly down her shoulders in bouncy waves.

I huffed childishly at her and began playing with my fingers, having nothing else to do.

"Hey! How many times do I have to tell you to stop playing with your fingers," She also acted more of my mom than my actual mom. "It makes you look more of a baby than you already are." She scowled and motioned to my small fingers playing with themselves.

Let's just say, people always assumed I was thirteen when in actual fact I was sixteen, as of ten months ago. I have a round, baby-ish face and small heart shaped lips. My hair was past my butt and always hanging in my face. I have an embarrassing height of 5'2" and small features. Bella's hand was practically twice the size of mine. My size was incredibly annoying because people always chose to tease me just to get a reaction.

Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those tiny girls who could pull off a bitchy attitude despite their size.

Instead, I felt extremely shy in that type of situations. Bella usually told people to get a life or go to hell, always there and ready to defend me.

"But I'm not a baby, I'm sixteen." I frowned.

She chuckled. "That's besides the point, baby."

"You're so mean, why am I even friends with you?" I wondered aloud.

"Bet you wouldn't want me any other way." She winked through the mirror.

"Exactly." I giggled.

"You're so cute, Seraphina." She cooed, using my full name.

"Don't call me that."

I loved my full name, don't get me wrong. But the only people who used my full name mostly was my parents. And they are always scolding at me for the smallest of things. My mother would scold at me for leaving one egg in the egg tray, apparently leaving the fridge to be too full that way. My father would scold at me for walking barefeet in the house, because apparently I would get sick.

All that came with my full name.

"Ah-huh, I'm almost done. Then we can hit the road."

I sighed, looking around aimlessly. It was my first party I was about to attend. I felt threatened and scared by what was to become of the night. Bella dressed me up in a short, but not too short, black dress that had thick straps and a heart shaped neckline. It ended midthigh which I immedietly came to disapprove of. She allowed me to then wear stockings, with matching five inch stilettos leaving me in all black. I was basically one of those ninjas in the movies but Bell exclaims that I look breathtakingly gorgeous.

I disagreed. The clothes might have been stunning but I was not really a fan of my childlike features. I looked less mature, and people always took me lightly becasue of this.

"I hope that that creative little mind of yours is not having any second thoughts." Bella piped up. I watched boredly as she unplugged my hair curler and messily place it on my dressing table. I pursed my lips knowing that later when I return I would have to clean the mess she had made before I went to sleep.

"If I had any second thoughts, would I be able to sit this one out?" I knew the answer, but asked anyway. Maybe god decided to gift her with lightness in her dark soul in this very moment and she changed her mind about everything.

"Sure." She smiled.

"Really...?" I sat up straighter immediately, feeling hope bloom inside.

"Absolutely not. Have you not met me?" She scoffed.

I sulked sadly.

My best friend could sometimes be a really big jerk.

"Sera, don't feel down. I've talked to you about this." She said softly.

"I can't help but feel out of place in the crowds. My face is weird and my hair is too long and my body is too small. People always judge me." I looked down feeling an overwhelming amount of sadness reach me. Both Bella and I have been through this. She wasted hours of her day comforting me while I cried about my appearance. I didn't think I was ugly. I knew I wasn't.

But I was insecure in a different way.

A way I couldn't explain.

"Seraphina Natalia Muller," My best friend began. "If I'm gonna have to tell you that you are the most beautiful girl that I've ever met once more, I will seriously implode. I know you don't want that so I will say this one more time...You are the most gorgeous girl I have ever met and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I mean hell, do you not notice how people stop and stare at you?"

She looked at me in disbelief, causing a small smile to grow at my lips at my best friends attitude. She was literally the light to my insecurities. Without her, I would have probably been depressed. That dramatic teenage depression experience.

"How can you not be gorgeous? I mean, you're the daughter of Kaden and Ashley Muller...that's got to say something doesn't it." She grinned at me.

I giggled at the mention of my parents.

"Thanks, Bell." I said, feeling my eyes glaze over with happy tears.

"Aw, honey. Don't thank me." She pulled me into a huge hug and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Now come on, we have a party waiting for us." I chirped, using everything in me to sound as excited as she was.

"That's the spirit." She laughed.

We grabbed our clutch purses before leaving my room. As we were descending the stairs my eyes bulged when I noticed my brother in the lounging room.

I silently cursed under my breath hoping Bella got the message. We could not be seen like this by Gabriel. Not only would he freak out but he will rat me out to my parents and that seriously couldn't happen.

Our loudly clicking heels already gave everything away. I breathed in deeply before descending the last of the steps.

"Where on earth do you think you're going?" Gabriel asked loudly. He stiffened up when he assessed my outfit completely.

"Are you serious, Isabella? Dressing her up like this?" he looked offensive, coming towards us.

I shut my eyes tightly, preparing for him to scold at me. Not only were my parents strict freaks but all three of my brothers were too. It was extremely annoying.

They overcrowded me and have been keeping me stuck in this mansion for all of my school years. To pay up for the fact that it was so unreasonable to do that, they pampered me with eveything I've ever wanted. That was also a reason why I haven't met the real world and acted like a baby all the time.

Gabriel stopped before us, looking like a younger version of my dad. He stared at me with accusing eyes.

"Ahem," Bella began. "If you would kindly step away, good sir, I won't have to draw my sword." She pursed her lips and squared her shoulders. I look towards her with wide eyes, before a small giggle escaped my lips.

"What the...don't mess with me, Isabella. Where ever you think you're going, you can forget about it. I'm sorry but Sera stays." He said sternly. You would swear he was twelve years older than me instead of five.

"Come on big bro, don't be so." I whined, childishly stomping my foot.

"No, go upstairs right now before I call mom and dad." He threatened, crossing his arms. I glanced at Bella noticing how her eyes widened at the movement. I rolled my eyes playfully. She was sucker a for a guys 'charms'.

"You wouldn't." I said fiercely, narrowing my eyes.

He raised a brow at me, but I kept my gaze. I strongly knew he wasn't kidding around but I hoped.

Tauntingly, he chuckled at me. Almost amusingly.

"Oh please, Princess. If I pulled my phone out right now, would you still think I'm kidding?"

I glanced at Bella for help but she looked around awkwardly.

What a traitor?

I pouted suddenly feeling that sadness return. I was totally conflicted. Should I just stay and disappoint Bella or go and disappoint Gabriel? Argh.

"Exactly. Now go upstairs, and put on your night clothes. It's way past your bed time." Gabriel ordered, pointing towards the staircase.

My shoulders slumped as I stared hard into space with disappointment. I have probably upset Bella. I felt extremely bad now.

"Come on, Bella." I said quietly grabbing her arm. "Let's get away before this big jerk affect us with his jerkness." I whispered.

"I have no idea what that meant, but I heard that."

A giggle bubbled from my throat. I stuck my tongue out at Gabriel before dragging a dumbfounded Bella with me. We weren't expecting Gabriel to be home. He always went out on Saturday nights. He went clubbing which was way worst than a party, so why ever he was being a hypocrite I didn't know.

When we reached my room, I pushed the door closed and locked us in. Bella still seemed to be in a daze, for what ever reason I was unaware of.

"Your brother is so gorgeous. Why is your family's genes so perfect?" She complained.

I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Ew, don't say stuff like that."

"What? That your brother is a sex god?"

I slapped her on her shoulder.

"Come on!" I rushed to stuff two pillows under my duvets to pretend it was two sleeping figures. I unlocked the door just in case my parents or Gabriel decided to check up on us and got suspicious when they realised it was locked.

"What exactly are you doing, Sera? Gabriel is not letting us go. End of story."

"I thought you were a rebel." I frowned.

"I am, just not this time." She sighed.

"No, we're not giving up. You see my balcony, the walls are grippy and there's an emergency ladder attached to the base. Insiders are able to safely get out using this ladder but outsides aren't able to get in." I ended with a smug look. Thanks dad, for being over protective and installing that wooden ladder.

"Holy crap you're a genius!" She exclaimed. "And here I thought I was the rebel."

I blushed.

"Let's do it."

**❤**

Don't forget to vote and comment you thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 117 45
Aurora, a very innocent and stupid girl. Although she may act like a nerd, look like a nerd, think like a nerd, and other nerdy stuff nerds do... sh...
349K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
19.4K 977 38
A dark, unconventional romance with a thin layer of sweetness iced on top. Not your typical love story. ────────────── ౨ৎ ──── β₯ π‹πŽπ”πˆπ’π€ 𝐏𝐀𝐋�...
15.5K 2.8K 61
"For Fuck's sake. Amelia, I swear to God if you are not going to start moving your pretty little legs, I'm gonna throw you on top of my shoulders and...