My High School Life pt.2

By MsLadyOwl

Paisley and Tanner return for their junior and senior years as high schoolers. They will still have issues wi... More

Chapter 1: Tonia
Chapter 2: Rough Day
Chapter 3: The Problems Continue
Chapter 4: Detective Work
Chapter 5: The Letter
Chapter 6: All Alone
Chapter 7: Moving In
Chapter 8: The Man
Chapter 9: Memory Lane
Chapter 10: Mission Gone Wrong
Chapter 11: Back Here Again
Chapter 12: Trip To The Hospital
Chapter 13: The New Rumor
Chapter 15: More Pain
Chapter 16: New Adventure
Chapter 17: Money
Chapter 18: Sams' Dilemma
Chapter 19: Will You Be My Valentine?
Chapter 20: Together Finally
Chapter 21: Heading To Florida
Chapter 22: Living With The Mars
Chapter 23: The Terrible Two
Chapter 24: Malibu
Chapter 25: The Truth Is Revealed
Chapter 26: Back Home
Chapter 27: All Tanner's Doing
Chapter 28: A Day Without Scott
Chapter 29: Abby's Back
Chapter 30: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 31: Graduation

Chapter 14: Same Old Tanner

162 6 3
By MsLadyOwl

Chapter 14: Same Old Tanner

Tanner:

"So is it true? That she shot herself because she wanted something that is mine?" I hear Tonia say behind me. I froze and I quickly look back towards my dad to find him following Paisley out of the school.

"What did you just say?" I say angrily as put my full attention towards Tonia

"You heard me, "she smiled widely. "I can't believe how desperate she really is," she snickered. "Well, at least you found out now before you made a mistake and return to her," she tells me as she wraps her arms around my waist. "Now we can be together, just the two of us."

I push her back, and I hear her scoff out. "What the hell is wrong with you?! I never asked you to be my girlfriend and I know it was you who started these rumors!" I say with revolt. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I thought you loved me," she says out softly.

"No, Tonia, I have never fallen in love with you and I don't plan on to anytime soon," I explain to her and began to walk out of the school. I rush out the next set of doors to find my dad driving off to follow the ambulance.

Shit.

*

When I got home from school I found my dad's car at our drive-thru. I hurried inside to find dad walking with blankets to the guest room downstairs.

"What's going on?" I questioned him as I threw my backpack off of my shoulder and setting it on the tiled floor.

"Paisley is staying in this room until she gets better," he sighed. I followed behind him and looked inside the room to find Paisley sleeping.

"How is she?" I whispered out as I watched my dad cover her up with the blanket.

"She's fine," he answered me. "She needs to rest until she feels more comfortable."

"What about school? You know how she is with school," I reminded him.

"Well, she already agreed with not going," he said out to me. "The doctor told her that the longer she's moving around when she shouldn't be then the longer it will take her to get better. Now, come to my office, we have something to discuss," he tells me sternly. I nod my head and followed him to his office across the room.

"Is something else a matter?" I questioned him worriedly.

"Yes, I don't like the rumors that are floating around the school about Paisley," he tells me roughly. "I know you know who started them."

"Why would I?" I ask him as I crossed my arms. "Why should I know?"

"Because you know everything about everyone, so tell me."

"I'm not telling you anything," I responded back. "I'm your son and she isn't anything to you."

"She is my responsibility! She might not be my daughter by blood, but in a way, I will treat her like one because I was told to." I look away from him. "Do you even care about Paisley?"

"Of course I do!"

"Then show it! You might be acting like you're worried about her now, but the both of know that its because your conscience won't let you sleep for leaving her side when I told you not to! If nothing were to happen to her you would be treating her like shit." I sat there silently. "I know you too well, son. It's time for you to grow up!"

I slam my hands down unto his desk. "You don't know what I feel! But since you are so curious, I'll tell you! I'm in love with her."

"That's another thing! You cant play with every girl's emotions, Tanner!"

"I'm not! I'm in love with only one girl! Paisley! You don't understand...I can see myself having a future with this girl, she means everything to me, sure I might not show it now, but you wait and see dad because Paisley Thompson is mine and just mine," I let out and find him wide-eyed. I knew he wasn't expecting this.

"Tanner," he sighed out. Fuck, I just shared with him how I really felt about Paisley and now he's going to say something that may contradict what I expressed out. "After everything you have done to her, do you honestly think she will ever feel the same way about you?"

I shrug. "I would hope she would," I answered softly. "Why won't you support me?" I questioned him and he stays silent. With that, I left his office and walked into the living room to process everything. How is it possible that my own father won't support me?! I'll show him! I will win Paisley's heart and she and I will be happy with one another like before.

*

Paisley:

I was looking up at the ceiling trying to process what I just heard. I can't believe Tanner said that out so loudly. I cover my face with my pillow keeping a smile from forming. He honestly believes we can be something again?

"Paisley?" I hear from the doorway. I knew it was him. "Are you awake?" Should I answer him?

"Yeah," I say as I slowly fixed myself in place.

"You know that I still care about you, right?" He asks me softly.

"Of course I do," I smiled. "We are best friends after all," I reminded him. Why am I acting like I don't know what he means?

"No," he sighs. He comes to me and takes my hand in his. "I mean as more as friends...like, I still love you."

"Oh," I say looking away from him. I felt my face heat up and I didn't know what else to say. "Tanner, why are you―" before I could finish, he slammed his lips unto mine and I froze in place. This doesn't feel right. I don't know if it's the timing or something else, but I cant kiss him back. We hear a knock and Tanner backs away from me and we look over to find Tonia.

"You," I said out shocked.

"I guess you did get what you wanted," she spoke out annoyed. I watched as she made her way towards me. "Apologize for kissing my man!"

"What! Why should I? I didn't even―" I felt the stinging on my left cheek. Did she seriously just slap me!

"What the hell!" We hear and we turn back to the doorway to find Mike looking furiously at us. Great. "What the hell are you doing in my house?"

"Tanner invited me over," she answered out naturally. "Just like he does every night when everyone is sleeping...we've been doing this for a week now," she explained out.

"What!" I said shocked. "You've been cheating on me a whole week!" I say out in complete shock. "Here I was thinking he cheated on me that one day, but no, he's been with her for a while! I can't believe you!"

"Paisley I―"

"Get out! All of you!" I command out. They all do and Mike made sure to close the door behind him. I could hear Mike begin to yell out at Tanner and Tonia for all the sneaking around they have been doing. I couldn't help but feel hurt right now, I guess it is because, in a way, I was beginning to have faith in Tanner again, but I clearly know that I shouldn't. Tanner Richardson should never in my heart be trusted again.

*

One month later:

I am coming from the hospital and I was told the good news. I was told that I could leave my bed and finally go back to school without any help what's so ever. The only thing I won't be able to do is to play volleyball for the time being and not carry around my backpack since it might cause the pain to return. I'm glad it didn't take me more than a month. Sure, my rib is still trying to heal, but it's getting there.

"This is great Paisley," Mike says as pleased as I was. "Let's celebrate," he tells me and I felt my smile fall.

"This is a celebration of my recovery, right? Nothing more, like my late birthday party?" He stayed silent. "I don't want a birthday party," I explain out.

"Why not? It would be fun," he implies. "Who doesn't like birthday parties?"

"Look, I don't want one because I've celebrated my birthday without my parents, and I don't plan on to anytime soon," I explain out. We were at a red light when he finally spoke out again.

"Paisley, they will always be in your heart, they are with you every day, and I know they would have liked you to have a party and enjoy yourself," he says giving me a smile.

The light turned green and he drove. I looked out the window and looked at my reflection. I guess he's right. Mom would have never wanted me to stay inside and do nothing.

"Fine," I answered finally once we arrived home. I was getting out of the car and walked over to the door.

"Wait," he says before I could ring the doorbell so Tanner would open it up for us. "Here," he says handing me a wad of cash.

"What are you doing?" I ask out not even taking it from him.

"Go shopping with your friends for the day and come back around 4:00." I take my phone out and looked at the time to see that it's 1:50.

"Mike, I cant take your money, but I will go out with my friends," I smiled at him.

He smiled and nodded his head. He opened the house door and we walked in. I was heading to the guest room I was staying at and began texting my friends and asking them if they wanted to go out. They confirmed and replied saying that they'll meet up over here. I begin picking my things up that I need to take back upstairs to my room, but just the thought of heading up the stairs makes me feel a jolt of pain. I know its all in my head, but I can't help it. I take a deep breath as I begin to climb up carefully. Once I arrived at my room, I look over at the photo of my parents and I smiling. I pick the photo up and hugged it tightly to my chest.

"I miss the both of you so much," I whispered out.

I sigh and place the picture back in its spot. I enter my closet and took out a dress of mine to wear for today. I put my hair up in a quick bun and put on some matching flats. I didn't have to wait long because, by the time they arrived, it was 2:06. I looked at myself one last time before I got out of my room to open the door, but Tanner beat me to it. Tanner and I looked at one another. He sent me a smile, but I couldn't give him one back. I know it been a month, but I'm still hurting from his betrayal. I watched as he opened the door as I arrived down the last step and my two best friends entered. When their eyes caught mine they rushed me and hugged me softly.

"It been so long," Sam says to me. "It didn't feel the same without you."

"We've missed you so much," Amy began. I looked at them to find Sam and Josh enter.

"What are they doing here?" I ask out to myself, but I let it slip out. My eyes were concentrating on Tanner, just like he was on me.

"Paisley?" I hear and I turn to look over at Amy. "You didn't hear a single word we said, did you?"

"No, I'm sorry", I apologized. She laughed out and I just gave out a small chuckle.

"Well, aren't we going out?" Samantha asks me and I nod my head. We begin to head out of the doors and get into Amy's car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 379 57
Description: Trilogy of "My High School Life pt.1&2" .....Regular people would be excited to start their University years but when you have two guys...
1.8K 27 42
Hayden has made it to Chicago. She's staying with her brother in a rental house off campus with his five roommates. They're loud, obnoxious, & they'r...
49 16 8
The new couple was the talk of the town, or well the school. They love each other's company and couldn't expect to find someone more right for them...