The Imprinted Maiden (18+)

By Nimo-Neko

All Lyra wanted was to see a werewolf up close despite the warnings of her village. She gets what she bargain... More

Content Warning!
Characters
Characters Pt. 2
Chapter One (Revised)
Chapter Two (Revised)
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Coming back? - Not a Chapter
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Thirty-Four

524 23 2
By Nimo-Neko

Emily snorted. "Yeah, she probably approached you to tease you about Connor's absence."

Charlie snorted. "Not today, but thanks for the suggestion, tomboy." She then looked to me, her gaze softening. "No, I'm not trying to harass you. At least, not today."

I rolled my eyes. At least she was honest.

Charlie sighed. "There are plants and berries that we desperately need if we're going to make it this winter and we were told to go scouting, but there's a lot of females and males already coming down with a cold."

Katrina sighed. "She wants to believe that there's a mountain up north with what we need, but I've been there and there's nothing." I shivered when a cold breeze passed by, causing Katrina to sigh. "Alright, everyone inside please!"

Garry took a step forward, only to gulp when Katrina smiled at him flatly. "I wouldn't do that, Garry. We wouldn't want your name to be Garry the Screamer, now would we?"

Garry pat Emily's shoulder and said, "Hahahah, good luck with that talk, bye!"

I watched as Garry wasted no time in running away from the house.

Charlie sighed in annoyance before pulling me inside.

Katrina's house was warm and always inviting. She always fancied the color silver and pink, although Emily never liked it.

Her kitchen was mostly bare while her bedroom door was always shut. Her living room consisted of two couches, three chairs, and a simple coffee table. I sat on the couch next to Emily while Katrina sat on a chair. Charlie sat next to Michelle, who didn't look too happy to see me.

I shifted uncomfortably before asking, "So what is it that you want me to do?"

Charlie sighed and explained, "There is this one place not too far from here; at least a day's walk to the place and a day's back. I firmly believe that there are herbs and fruits that we can gather there."

Katrina snorted again. "I've been there and told you that we'll have no luck."

Emily huffed. "Okay wait a minute. Even if there's a slim chance of grabbing what we need, don't we already have enough?"

Michelle sighed and shook her head. For once, she didn't look vile like she always put herself out to be.

"No, we don't. My dad's gone around and checked the supplies. If we risk it, we'll either lose a life or several of the clan will have to toughen it out."

I looked to Katrina and asked, "It wouldn't be out of our way to at least check, would it?" Katrina stared at me before announcing, "I'm not going regardless. My place is here." "But they have others who know how to cook meat and the stew you do," Emily countered. "I'm willing to go if it helps. Regardless if we don't get along, we have a family to look after. Children."

Katrina faltered but didn't respond. I sighed and played with the ends of my shirt. "I'll go. If there's a small chance of finding what we need, then I'll go with."

Charlie sighed and said, "Thank you, both of you. We don't get along, but we need to take this risk. And for once, I'll behave." I was skeptical, but she seemed willing enough. Michelle sighed and added in, "And we won't bring up Connor or Xain right now either. Let's just focus and getting ready as soon as possible."

"I'm going," Katrina abruptly stated. I glanced at her curiously, causing her to sigh. "I just don't like leaving the village when it's winter. I hate the cold."

Emily giggled. "Don't we all?"

Katrina bit her lip before looking to Michelle. "So, you had lunch in mind? I'll help out."

Michelle nodded and grinned. "It's one of my favorite meals. You two like fruit, don't you?" She looked to Emily and I, who nodded silently. We couldn't help but feel a little nervous around Michelle especially.

There was just something really unsettling about her "genuine" smiles.

~

When the meal was finished, Michelle was passing out plates that looked like a fruit salad with some kind of seasoning. Michelle inhaled her own plate and sighed happily. "Wild apples, papaya and pineapple; so good."

I tilted my head before glancing down at my own plate. It didn't look unappetizing, but I had never had pineapples before.

Emily nudged me and grinned. "Don't tell me you've never tried that fruit before!"

I huffed. "Of course I have! Save... The pineapple..."

Katrina brought a tea cup in the room and said, "Then you'll love it. I've mixed a special blend of lemongrass tea and green tea."

Emily raised an eyebrow. "Well, it certainly fits with the tart and sweet taste Michelle has going. I'll have a cup." I raised my hand a little. "As will I." Katrina chuckled and said, "At least try your food first."

I gulped a little before trying my first ever pineapple piece. I then tried another and another.

I found myself enjoying just how sweet pineapples were and eventually dug into the rest of the salad before all the pineapple pieces were gone. The seasoning made the rawness of the salad taste a lot better.

When I went for the tea, I ended up drinking several cups in total, and had at least two more platefuls of the salad.

I was stuffed and satisfied. Michelle may have been a childish girl, but she definitely had taste.

Katrina, who had a few platefuls herself, sighed and asked, "Do we leave at dawn?" Charlie nodded and sighed. "The storm is coming. We may only have but a few days to do this, so it is wise to leave tomorrow."

"So soon?" The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. Michelle sighed. "Being so young, I understand why you're hesitant of the dangers you might face."

"She'll be fine," Emily retorted. "I'll watch her and so will Katrina."

The woman in question nodded softly.

I blinked then asked, "Katrina, while we're off, can you teach me how to defend myself a little better?"

Katrina raised an eyebrow. "Connor and Xain aren't sufficient enough for you?" I shook my head. "No, not fight. Defend. I was told you're very fast and I wanted to learn a few tricks."

Katrina smirked and responded proudly, "I'd be happy to help. But for now, you should go home and rest up." Her eyes said what her mouth couldn't.

Let Xain know.

I nodded and stood up. "I'll take my leave then."

"You should have a few more cups of tea to keep you warm," Charlie stated casually. I couldn't say no to that suggestion, so I had about three more tea cups of it before waving to Katrina and Emily. "I'll see you two in the morning."

Emily giggled while Katrina just nodded. Charlie and Michelle simply watched with slightly forced smiles. I opened the door and was immediately hit with a cold wind. Shivering, I walked out and shut the door behind me.

As I quietly walked back, I thought about everything I might have to take with me. I'd no doubt have to bring medical supplies and warm clothes, but I wasn't sure what else to take.

I guess I would have to ask Xain. 'And speaking of..'

I immediately smiled as a strong pair of arms wrapped around me, holding me close. "Well someone looks happy," he muttered, kissing my lips gently. "I was just released from my duties."

I giggled, nuzzling his shoulder. "I missed you," I murmured. Xain smiled softly, kissing my forehead. "And I missed you," he replied. "Wanna go home?"

I nodded and grabbed his hand gently. "I wasn't expecting to see you so soon," I admitted. Xain smirked and pecked my ear. "Looks like it," he replied. "Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. "I ate something already." He nodded, locking fingers with me.

I exhaled before saying softly, "And... I have something to tell you."

He looked at me curiously. I bit my lip before saying reluctantly, "I have to go somewhere for a few days." His eyebrow rose. "Where?" "I...Uh.." I cleared my throat. "A place. Up north?"

Xain stopped walked and looked at me in a confused manner. I sighed and said, "Okay, so I was at Katrina's and Charlie and Michelle were there-" "Wait, what?" Xain looked a little less relaxed this time.

I continued, "Yeah, they were there. And Charlie told us of a place that might provide more herbs and berries." Xain snorted. "You're not going." I huffed. "Xain, you can't tell me what to do." "But I can tell you what's right for you," Xain replied, cupping my chin. "I can't let you go. I don't trust them, a big storm is on the way, and Connor would carve my fur off."

I shuddered and sighed. "Xain, I want to help any way I can. And besides, Emily and Katrina are coming."

Xain faltered, but only a little. "Little girl, you are playing with uncontrollable fire." I kissed his lips gently, mumbling, "I told you I'm not little. Please, just let me go with them. I can do this."

Xain looked distraught almost. "Lyra..." I looked up at him, defiant and pleading at the same time.

Xain groaned, pulling me close into a tight hug. "Don't look at me that way. How can I say no to that?" I giggled a little. "You can't," I whispered, hugging back just as tightly. He chuckled.

"Fine, Lyra. You can go. But you have to promise me something." I looked up at him, blushing when he nipped my nose. "Please come back safe," he murmured gently. "Let's make this our little secret. No need to tell Connor and make him worry in the future. But ONLY if you come back safe."

He smirked. "Otherwise, I'm telling." I pouted but nodded. "I promise I'll come back safe."

He nodded and then kissed me softly before pulling back abruptly. "Now let's go shower naked!"

I squeaked, gently hitting his back. "Xain!" He simply laughed as he dragged me back to the house, practically skipping as I was pulled along.

As I was pulled, my stomach gurgled a little, telling me that the meal I had was definitely going to have an effect on my bathroom breaks later.

~

Far after the sun had set, when owls and bats were most likely out, Xain had finally released me from his firm grips, finally giving me the chance to go out and use the bathroom for the third time that night.

Just like the last two times, I was ahem... stuck for quite a bit.

When I eventually got out of the bathroom, someone had quietly knocked on the door. Curious, I glanced through the window just a little. However, that was enough for the person to whisper, "Hey, it's Katrina. Open the door, you dolt!"

She didn't even bother to raise her voice towards the end, causing me to giggle and open the door. Katrina walked in and yawned, glancing at me with some kind of determination.

"How did you sleep?" she asked. I huffed. "Terribly. Why are you here before the crack of dawn?"

She smirked. "Why, to train you of course."

I frowned a little. "In here..?" She shook her head. "Nope! Outside, where it's dark. You need to be taught how to defend yourself when your senses weaken you."

I made a face. "Must I?" She grinned. "You must," she replied, grabbing my hand. "Don't worry, the lesson is short and you'll be back in bed by no time."

I groaned as she tugged me out of the house, barefooted and in my nightgown.

Before I could complain, she chuckled and said, "When you're fighting or fleeing, you'll be in tough situations, Lyra. You have to learn how to be thoughtful and agile at the same time. It'll be hard, but I'll teach you enough basics so you can teach yourself. So. Lyra. I'll ask this only once. Is this what you want?"

I bit my lip but spoke firmly. "Yes, I do."

Katrina hummed. "Good choice Lyra. Braceyourself." I gulped before did my best to focus on the figure fast approachingme.     

~

Big sister Katrina is helping Lyra train. So much yes. 

I'm sorry for not updating in almost a month. It seems that it's getting harder to motivate myself, but I hope you all enjoy this chapter regardless.

Until the next Update!

~ Nimo

PS: There's something a little odd about that mixture of fruit Michelle put together. I wonder what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 18.2K 52
Book 1: The Blue Wolf Blood, rain and mud filled my nose, whilst ripping, growling and snapping rang in my ears. My wolf was terrified. I was terrifi...
38K 949 27
"What do you mean we are mates!" As I look into his bright grey eyes they are holding an emotion I have not seen before. Amara has had a toug...
68.6K 2.9K 20
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...
52.8K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...