Our Darkest Secrets (A Harry...

By kelseyrae21

Kaydence Taylor has a dark and unforgettable past, which has led her to be withdrawn from her peers and the r... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73

CHAPTER 68

4.3K 166 7
By kelseyrae21

Hi (:

I updated two days in a row whoooo :D

remember more votes means faster updates!

Comment what you guys think after you've read.

& i have decided i'm still going to write a second book because there are going to be so many loose ends.

Don't forget to vote!

enjoy (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HARRY

“I’m not going to. Not because I care, but because I am not a royal bitch like you. You’ll get what’s coming to you, someday.” Kaydence says as she tosses the piece of paper she’s holding at Madison, who’s kneeling on the floor, her hands bloody from touching the sharp shards of glass on the floor. Kaydence turns on her heel,  walking right past me as she pushes her way through the crowd of people that has formed in the doorway, each of them gawking at Kaydence as if she’s grown another head.

“Kay!” I call out to her, but everyone has started to chatter the moment Kay was no longer in sight and I don’t think she hears me over their voices.

“Go get her man, I’m going to clear everyone out.” Kevin pats me on the back and I don’t hesitate to shove people out of my way, turning down the hallway I saw Kay run through. I see her long hair swaying behind her as she runs around the corner at the end of the hall. I quicken my strides and turn the corner, pushing the only door next to it that leads to the stairs. I take two at a time and for a second stop to lean over the railing to see Kay running down them a flight below me and I quickly try to catch up her. She opens the door on the last set and runs past the girl at the front desk, the sliding doors opening as she nears them. I follow only a few feet behind her and she keeps running till she reaches the end of the sidewalk, looking both ways of the street. I stop a few feet behind her, and lean my hands on my knees as I try to catch my breath.

I watch Kay as her chest rises and falls and a grunt leaves her throat right before she stomps her foot and opens her mouth to let out a frustrated scream. I look around me as her scream drags out and echoes through the empty lot, then comes to gurgling stop. She chokes, then tries to take several deep breathes but they all come out shaky and it’s then that I notice her shoulders moving up and down. She coughs and along with it comes a whimper, as tears begin to rapidly slide down her cheeks. I move towards her right away and grab ahold of her shoulders just as she sinks to her knees in defeat.

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m here.” I wrap my arms around her waist from behind and she leans over the sidewalk, her hands lying flat on the concrete as she cries harder.

“I hate my life.” She manages to sputter between sobs and shakes her head. “I can’t take this anymore.” Her voice cracks and her crying has become hysteric to the point where she’s visibly having a hard time breathing.

“Love, it will be alright. Just please try to calm down.” I pull her closer to my body, as she pushes herself back into me, then slumps against my chest. She rests her head on my shoulder and tilts it upward, closing her eyes as she does. Her eyelids are damp along with her cheeks and I bring my thumb up to wipe the wetness away.

She takes several deep breaths, her body still shaking slightly but I tighten my hold on her and bury my face into her neck and lightly kiss her. I’m barely aware of the few people that walk by us and talk in hushed voices as they stare at us, but Kay seems to notice them. She brings the back of her arm up to her face and uses it to wipe the remaining tears that fall when she opens her eyes.

“Can we go.” She says flatly, sitting up straight and away from me.

“Where do you want to go?” I ask her as I stand up, and reach my hand down to pull her up onto her feet. She looks worn out, and for the first I notice the dark circles that have appeared under her eyes, and the way her skin looks too pale.

“Anywhere.”

I grab her hand and wrap my arm around her shoulder as I walk her to where I had parked the car. She doesn’t say anything the whole walk there, but I am happy that she at least has stopped crying. I hate seeing her cry. She lets go of me once we’ve reached the car, and I unlock it before both of us climb inside. Kay moves to turn the heat on, wrapping her arms around herself as she shivers.

“Are you cold?” I ask her.

“A little.”

I lean over the console between us and reach down to the floor of the backseat, pulling up my jean jacket. I hand it over to her, placing it in her lap when she doesn’t take it. “Put it on.”

She slowly pulls her arms through the sleeves as I reverse out of the parking space, and put the car in drive before turning into the main road. I don’t know where to take her and find myself driving in circles, raking my brain frantically until I come up with an idea. I turn the car around and merge onto the freeway, heading towards the only place I think might help right now. Kay is extremely quiet during the car ride, leaning her head against the window as her eyes scan the other cars that pass us by.

She sits up in her seat once I’ve pulled into the parking lot of the beach. There isn’t many people here due to the fact that it’s now almost dark out and the few people that are here are seated around a camp fire. Kay stares out the windshield, then pushes a strand of hair behind her ear before she opens the door on her side and slides down from the seat.

I climb out as well and walk around the car to meet her, taking off my boots and rolling the hem of my jeans. When I stand back up she has her own shoes in her hand, and is staring out at the ocean that when I take her hand in mine she jumps as if she had forgotten I was there. We trudge through the sand, passing the small group of college students surrounding a fire and don’t stop until we’re at the end of the beach.

“Is here okay?” I ask her, but she shakes her head and lets go of my hand as she walks to the rocks that are piled up and lead out into the ocean. Kay begins to climb them, and even though I know it isn’t necessarily safe I follow her.

I almost slip several times, and am relieved when Kay finally stops towards the end of the rocks and moves to sit down. She crosses her legs underneath her and I sink down next to her, bringing my knees up to rest my elbows on. The water is crashing against the bottom of the rocks and I stare at them as I try to think of the right thing to say to Kaydence right now. I look at her through the corner of my eye and her gaze seems distant as she keeps her eyes trained on the ocean.

“I’m sorry.” I finally say.

She blinks and turns to look at me, her eyes so light from all the crying that they almost look gold. “You didn’t do anything Harry.”

“I should of told you sooner what she did, what Nicole had told me.”

She shrugs as if it doesn’t bother her, but I know better. “I get why you didn’t. You didn’t want me to get hurt, but If you had told me I would of never tried to give her another chance.”

“I know, and I probably would of saved you a lot of hurt.” I sarcastically laugh at myself and shake my head. I’m a fucking twat for not telling her sooner.

“No, I still would have been just as hurt.” She half smiles to herself, but it slips away just as quickly. Her eyes become distant again and she chooses to not say anymore. I lean my head against my arm resting on my knee and watch as the wind pushes her hair back. She closes her eyes as it hits her, and her chest slowly rises as she takes a long deep breath. When she opens her eyes again a tear falls from the corner of her eye, and I immediately sit up.

“What is it? What’s on your mind?” I ask her, searching her face.

Her gaze is now fixed on the water crashing against the rocks, and she talks so quietly. “Just why people always hurt me. What do I do to deserve it, I guess.”

“It’s not your fault. Don’t let what Madison said get to you.” I lay my hand over her arm and slowly rub it with my thumb.

“But maybe she is right. Maybe it’s my fault these things have happened.”

“It’s not you-“

“You can’t tell me it’s not my fault my brother’s dead. I was driving the car.” She states.

I press my lips together from lashing out at her and take a deep breath before I continue. “It wasn’t your fault with what your dad did.”

She doesn’t answer me but instead stands up and walks to the edge of the rocks, staring down at the waves. “What if I jumped down there? Do you think I’d survive?”

My blood stills and my back straightens as Kaydence moves closer to the edge. Too close for my liking. “Hey, just take a step back okay? You could fall.”

She ignores me. “If I died today I wonder just how many people would miss me.” She takes another step and I’m on my feet in an instant. “No one would miss me, you know.”

“Kay, stop. Please step back you’re making me nervous.” My hands are sweaty and my heart is pounding rapidly against my chest as she continues to stay put where she is. I have a bad feeling about this and I need to get her away from the edge.

“My brother and mom are dead, my dad is a rapist, and my only friend wants to destroy me.” She chuckles darkly to herself and shakes her head. “I really have no one who would miss me.”

“That’s not true, I’d miss you. I’d miss you terribly.” I try to convince her but it’s as if I hadn’t even spoken. She seems gone, like her body is here but her head isn’t. I need to get her back though, before she does something she can never go back from.

She moves ever so slightly and a rock tumbles over the edge and into the water. If Kay were to move any further she would be exactly where that rock had fallen, and there is no way in hell I am letting that happen. I take several steps forward, carefully making my way behind her that way I can pull her arm back quickly. I stop though once she moves her foot, the tip of it off the edge and my stomach drops when I see her close her eyes.

“Kaydence. Don’t fucking move. I love you, I need you. Don’t you want a future? Don’t you want to get married someday and have children of your own and grow old with your husband? Don’t you want all that? Just Please do not move any further okay? Please.” I choke out, and before I know it tears are falling down my cheeks. Kaydence ignores me and it’s like I’m standing behind a glass wall, screaming at the person on the other side of it, but they are unable to hear me.

“What’s the point anymore?” She whispers so softly. My breath hitches at the back of my throat and it’s all a blur as I scream at her to stop and close the space between us just as she lifts her foot to step over the edge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 51 13
A short Christmas story about Harry meeting a girl named Noelle. Noelle who loves to believe she lives in a movie. And Harry, who believes movies ar...
752K 16.5K 60
Harry, captain of the football team, hasn't focused on anything but school and football. No girl has ever caught his eye, but he has girls drooling o...
shift By r o s e

Fanfiction

42.3K 1.4K 23
"Why did you do this for me?" "Because we have a mutual goal." "Who are you?" "Someone who needs your help." Sequel to Carbon.
459K 31.3K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...