The Tables Have Turned

By Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 6

241K 5.3K 1.6K
By Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 6

Chase and Emily woke me up at 9:30a.m on Sunday in a very original way. I felt someone poke my nose but I ignored it then they continued poking my face till I opened my eyelids. I let out a squeaky scream when I saw their faces above mine staring at me.

“What the hell?” I said, scowling at the siblings.

“Oh good, you’re awake,” Emily said, shooting me a smirk.

“It was kind of hard to stay asleep with you two poking my face!” I said matter-of-factly.

“You have to wake up anyway,” Chase said “We should be in church in an hour.”

“Okay,” I said, sitting up in my bed “At what time are we leaving?”

“Around 10:15,” he replied and I nodded, ignoring that fact that my hair was probably sticking out in every direction “But first we’ll have breakfast together.”

“Okay, let’s go,” I said as I got out of bed and followed them downstairs to the kitchen where Clarissa and Tom were already seated, waiting for us.

We said our ‘good mornings’ and then started eating.

“Every Sunday,” Clarissa started telling me the schedule “We go to church from 10:30 till 11:30 then we visit Tom’s mother, and after that we go out for lunch before coming back home.”

“Okay, cool,” I said, thinking how cute their Sundays were. It’s nice to have such a nice family. Of course they fight sometimes and they all have their flaws but in the end, they love each other.

After breakfast, each person went to his room and we got dressed. I put on my black pants and my light blue V-neck shirt. I brushed my hair and was done right on time.

We all got in Tom’s car and I tried to memorize the road that lead to the church. I’m really bad with directions so I knew I won’t be able to memorize it from the first time but I tried anyway.

Soon, we arrived to a beautiful church. It was really big and the brick walls on the outside were gray but there were several huge glass windows with different pictures painted on them. I noticed the picture of Jesus with Mary and Joseph when he was first born, but the prettiest one of them was the one with Jesus on the cross. It made me gasp and Emily gave me a knowing look.

The inside was even more beautiful than the outside! There were a lot of wooden benches on the right and left side of the church and in the middle was a dark red carpet. Pictures of saints were on every wall of the church. There were a lot of people already there even though the ceremony hadn’t started yet. We sat on the seventh bench from the front and waited patiently for the priest to start with the holy ceremony.

An hour later, we were standing in front of the church, greeting some people the Walkers knew. I have to say, that was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever attended. The choir was amazing and the priest is great! Even the people were friendly!

We spent another fifteen minutes in front of the church before we piled up in the car and started driving to their grandmother’s house.

“Did you like it Hailey?” Tom asked, referring to the ceremony.

“I loved it!” I said honestly “It was beautiful!”

He smiled and nodded in agreement. A few minutes later, we were in front of a white building. Tom parked the car and we went up to the third floor. He knocked on the door and we waited for someone to open it. Their grandmother lives on her own because her husband died a few years back, but she’s still young for a grandmother and can still take care of herself.

The door opened revealing a sixty year old woman. She was wearing a long brown skirt and a white shirt with brown flats. Her graying hair was pinned back and the wrinkles were evident on her face especially when she smiled. Her gray eyes were warm and friendly.

“Hello, hello! Come in!” She said happily. She hugged and kissed everyone and when I walked in shyly after them her eyes lit up in curiosity and recognition.

“You must be Hailey!” She said “I’m Lillian but you can call me Nana.”

“Hi,” I said timidly “It’s nice to meet you.”

She smiled and hugged me just like she did to the others. We sat in her beautifully decorated living room and they talked about many things – most of which I had no idea what they were. I looked around the room and noted how it suited her perfectly. The walls had white wallpaper on them and the furniture was pink, matching the flowers that were in every corner of the room.

“Take a cookie,” Nana said, setting a plate of cookies on the table in front of me “I made them myself.”

I smiled and thanked her before taking one of the round cookies and taking a bite of it.

“Mmmm these are really good,” I complimented the delicious cookies.

“Thank you dear. I’ll give you some to take them home with you,” she said.

“No that’s okay,” I said quickly, not wanting to bother her.

“Nonsense!” she said, waving a hand at me. She stood up and walked to the kitchen. A few minutes later, she appeared with a transparent plastic bag in which there were around ten cookies.

“Thank you,” I said shyly as I took the bag from her.

“You’re welcome,” she replied.

She was one of friendliest old people I have ever met and I really loved her from the first visit.

An hour later, we said our goodbyes to Nana and left for the restaurant. I didn’t know where we were going but Chase said that it wasn’t far away and for that I was thankful because I was starving!

Twenty minutes later we were seated in a small restaurant with menus in our hands. I immediately decided to order a cheeseburger. Not healthy, I know, but I really wanted to eat one right now!

“Hello, I’m Daisy, what can I get you?” The young red-haired waitress asked with a friendly smile on her face.

“Three cheeseburgers and two chicken sandwiches,” Clarissa ordered for us.

“Would you like something to drink?” She asked.

“Four cokes and one orange juice, please,” Clarissa replied.

“Okay, I’ll place your orders now,” Daisy said as she walked away with our menus in her hands.

“You don’t like coke?” Emily asked curiously. “You didn’t drink yours at McDonalds yesterday and you ordered orange juice today.”

Wow she was observant.

“Nope, I don’t like coke anymore,” I answered.

“Why not?” Chase asked.

“Three years ago, I bought a can of coke and put it in the freezer because I wanted to drink it but it was too warm. I forgot it there and after a couple of hours, I remembered that it was still in the freezer. I took it out and took a sip of it. It wasn’t liquid anymore; it was jelly and really gross. I haven’t drank coke ever since,” I replied, remembering that disgusting incident.

“Eww,” Emily wrinkled her nose.

“I’m never going to put coke in the freezer,” Chase said, chuckling.

“But it’s better for your health that you don’t drink coke,” Clarissa said and I nodded.

“I know, the acid it contains burns your stomach,” I answered and at that exact moment, Daisy came with our drinks.

They weren’t really affected by my story because they drank their cokes but I wasn’t surprised because no one stopped drinking it because of my story. They didn’t try it so they don’t really care.

I drank my orange juice which was surprisingly the best I have ever tasted.

A few minutes later, our food arrived. Cheeseburgers for Chase, Tom, and I and chicken sandwiches for Clarissa and Emily.

After lunch, we went home and I thought that ‘family time’ was over but apparently I was wrong.

“What movie should we watch today?” Chase asked.

“Let Hailey chose this time,” Tom suggested and Chase immediately held my arm and pulled me with him to the game room.

“Chase! I need my arm! Let go!” I screamed at him when we got to the game room but he didn’t let go, instead he stopped in front of the DVD stack and pulled my arm again.

With a yelp, I tumbled forward and bumped into Chase making us both fall with me on top.

“You’re stupid, you know that?” I snapped at him.

“But you love me,” he said, grinning widely. I rolled my eyes at him and stood up, making sure to put all my weight on him before I was back up on my feet. He groaned and shot me a glare as I smiled innocently.

I then scanned the DVDs, trying to choose which movie to watch. I finally chose ‘The Three Musketeers’ starring Logan Lerman. He is one cute actor!

“Good choice!” Emily said when she saw the movie I picked. I helped Clarissa in the kitchen as she prepared the popcorn, chips, and candies.

Two hours later, the movie was over and all that was left was an empty green bowl, empty chips bags, and wrappers.

The sky outside was quickly turning dark by the time we cleaned up. I went up to my room and changed into more comfortable clothes now that the day was almost over.

“Come in,” I said when I heard a knock on my door. Emily came in and she sat next to me on the bed.

“What’s up?” I asked and she paused before answering.

“Can you keep a secret?” She asked uncertainly.

“Sure,” I replied, getting curious.

“I haven’t told anyone yet because I wasn’t sure how my friends would react to that. They might change the way they treat him and he might now and I don’t want this to happen but I know you’re different so I’m thinking of telling you because I need to tell someone,” she blabbered and I laughed at her.

“Just tell me, Emily,” I said amusedly.

“I um I have a crush on um J-Josh,” she said and her cheeks turned red.

I wanted to pinch her red cheeks but I refrained from doing that.

“Really? How long have you had a crush on him?” I asked.

“It’s been a year,” she answered embarrassedly.

“Why didn’t you tell him?” I asked a bit surprised. A year is too long! She should’ve told him.

“Because I don’t think he likes me back and he’s Chase’s friend…” She trailed off.

“These are just excuses, Emily, and you know it,” I answered and she looked away.

“I just don’t want to get hurt again,” she finally admitted.

“Again?” I asked and she nodded. I stayed silent, giving her time to think if she wanted to tell me or not.

“Two years ago, I had a boyfriend. His name was Fred and we were together for five months. Then one day, I caught him cheating on my with a girl that he used to talk negatively about. He used to say that she goes out with several guys at the same time and that he hates her. I really loved him and he broke my heart without a second thought,” She said, sounding angry more than hurt.

“He sucks,” I said, frowning. How could he do that to Emily? She’s the sweetest girl I have ever met! “But you have to get over that incident. Josh is not like him. And after all, c’est la vie. We will all have our hearts broken at some point but the important thing is that we move on and try again.”

“You’re right,” she answered “I-I’m going to try.”

“I’ll help you!” I suggested, smiling encouragingly.

“Thank you,” she said, hugging me.

“You’re welcome,” I said, smiling at her.

I finally have the sister I’ve always wanted, I though as Emily went back to her room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy! :)

Thank you roseangelz11 for the banner on the side -->

If you guys haven't read it yet, check out this poem Drishi wrote for my story. It's in the external link. :)

So I got 336 votes on the previous chapter! :) Thank you so much! And that means that it can happen again, right? :) Soo please vote! :D I really appreciate it! :D

Next Upload: Tuesday or Wednesday.

Aim for this Chapter: 330 votes.

Have a wonderful day/night! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.7K 20
**This story is, for the most part, still the same as before, however it was completely rewritten so some of the events and story lines have been cha...
590 14 14
Abigail Bell has been moving across the country with her dad her whole life after her mom left them when she was five years old. Before the start of...
9.6K 240 10
-sequel for misguided- Long distance can put strain on any healthy relationship, but can Leslie and Colby fight through it? After she graduates from...
192K 2.7K 52
your childhood best friend, tara moves across the country and becomes famous. she gets a friend group that you only socialize with over the internet...