The Tables Have Turned

By Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 5

241K 5.7K 981
By Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 5

The rest of the week passed in a blur. I felt more comfortable at home and at school. The Walkers were like my second family now and my friends at school were pretty awesome too. The only thing that disappointed me was that Alex didn’t talk to me again after our little moment on Tuesday. I, honestly, thought that we would go back to normal after this conversation but we didn’t and that showed me that things aren’t that simple.

I went out of bed because it was already 11:00a.m and if I stayed in bed any longer, I would feel tired and lazy all day. I hopped in the shower and when I was done, I was refreshed and ready to start a new day. I loved showers because they had that awesome effect.

I put on a pair of blue jeans and a simple long sleeved black shirt. The weather was getting colder everyday and soon winter would be here.

I walked downstairs and frowned when I heard many voices coming from the game room. Yes, they had a game room in their house. It had a pool table, video games, darts, and a huge T.V screen.

I poked my head into the room and immediately Chase spotted me.

“Good morning sunshine,” he said and I grinned as I opened the door wider and went in.

“Morning,” I said and that’s when I noticed that Paul, Alex, and Josh were there.

“Hey,” I said, smiling at my classmates.

“Hi,” they chorused.

“I think it’s time for that challenge,” Paul said, shooting me an arrogant smile.

“Are you ready to lose, Paul?” I replied, smirking.

“Enough talking,” he said “Let’s play.”

I held the controller, feeling the familiar rush of excitement. The only different was that this time it was much more because I couldn’t wait to see the look on his face when I kick his ass! Wow I sound arrogant!

~~*~~

“So, Paul, how does it feel to lose to a girl?” I asked after I had beaten him.

“I can’t believe it,” he said, shocked “No one has ever beaten me. I perfected that game!”

“Turns out you weren’t that perfect,” I said, smirking. I’ll admit though, it was hard to beat him. He was really good.

He shot me a dirty look and I smiled innocently.

“Told you she’ll beat you,” Chase said and Alex and Josh laughed at Paul.

“If it makes you feel better, you’re better than Chase,” I said.

“I know that,” Paul said proudly, his ego boosting again and I rolled my eyes “I’m better than all of them.”

“Sure you are,” I answered.

“You don’t believe me?” He asked.

“Maybe I don’t,” I answered.

“Well you should because I am an honest person,” he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Good to know,” I answered and he smiled “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Where are you going?” Chase asked as I started walking out of the room.

“I’m gonna go eat something and maybe read a book,” I shrugged.

“Read a book?” Josh echoed. “Since when did you get that boring? You choose reading a book over hanging out with us.”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “I love reading. It’s fun… Better than you guys.”

“Sure it is,” he said and I rolled my eyes. No one will ever know how fun reading is until they try. “And we are the best guys you’ll ever meet.”

“Show-offs,” I muttered loud enough for them to hear and they started protesting. I just laughed and left the room when they started playing video games again.

I walked to the kitchen and that’s when I realized that this was the first morning we didn’t have breakfast all together. I guess that makes sense since Clarissa and Tom had to work and we didn’t have school so they had to get up early while we slept in late.

I opened the fridge and took out a juice box and a muffin. I know that’s not healthy but that chocolate muffin was irresistible.

After eating, I went upstairs to my room to pick out a book. I glanced at all the Nicholas Sparks books I had and tried to decide which one of the seventeen books I should read again. I have read them all at least once.

I finally decided to reread ‘The Lucky One’ which was one of my favorite books and I heard a few days ago that they made a movie of it. I’m definitely going to watch it when it’s out.

I took the book and got lost in the world that Nicholas Sparks has created.

“BOO!” I jumped violently when my door flew open and four guys came jumping in.

“You scared me!” I said, putting a hand over my chest where my heart was beating loudly.

“That was the whole point of bursting into your room and screaming ‘boo’,” Chase said matter-of-factly and I scowled at him.

They walked into my room and started looking around. I put my bookmark in my book and placed it on the table next to my bed.

“Your room is just like Chase’s but a different color,” Paul stated.

“Really?” I said faking interest “It is?”

“Yes!” Paul said exaggerating his excitement as his blue eyes lit up.

One glance at his face and I started laughing uncontrollably.

“Your face!” I said between fits of laughter.

“What’s wrong with my handsome face?” He said, narrowing his eyes at me.

I shook my head at him and smiled amusedly. Suddenly, he moved his hand closer to my face and pinched my cheek.

“Ow! Paul!” I screamed and when I was finally able to remove his hand, I started rubbing my now red cheek.

“Never do that again,” I said, giving him my coldest stare. He looked taken aback slightly when he saw my face. Good. I hated when people did that to me.

I noticed Alex’s amused smile and narrowed my eyes at him. He gave me an innocent look and I snorted. He knew how much I hated it when people pinched my cheeks and this little incident seemed to amuse him.

Then, all the four guys decided to jump on my bed. I panicked, thinking it was going to collapse but thankfully it didn’t.

“So, what are you reading?” Josh asked, eyeing my blue book.

“The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks,” I said, holding up the book and Paul gasped.

“That’s the movie my sister is forcing me to watch!” He exclaimed and I gave him a questioning look.

“She caught me sneaking out of the house last week and she said she won’t tell my parents if I take her to watch that stupid movie,” he explained.

I laughed at him along with the other guys. “It’s a nice book and I’m sure the movie will be awesome.”

“For you, not me,” Paul said, frowning.

“I could go with your sister if you want,” I offered “I’m going to watch it anyway.”

He looked surprised. “You’ll do that for me?” He asked “My sister is one of these annoying thirteen year old girls.”

“Hey!” I said hitting his arm “Don’t talk about your sister like that. It’s just a phase. We were all there once.”

He rolled his eyes at me but I ignored him and carried on talking.

“But seriously, I’ll go with her, just tell me when she wants to go,” I said.

Paul gave me a bone crashing hug and I tried to push him away but failed miserably.

“Thank you!” He said, obviously relieved “I owe you.”

“No problem,” I said, grinning at him when he finally let go of me “It’ll be fun.”

“Don’t get your hopes up,” I heard him mutter so I shot him another glare.

“These are your parents?” I heard Josh ask and my heart squeezed uncomfortably. I glanced at Chase and noticed the panicked look in his eyes as he looked at Josh. I know he didn’t tell them.

“Yes,” I answered simply, keeping my voice blank as I looked at the picture he was now holding.

“You look a lot like your dad,” he commented and now all four of them were looking at the picture. They muttered their agreements at his comment.

“I know,” I said, smiling slightly as I remembered all the people who had already told me that.

“Let’s go out for lunch,” Chase suddenly blurted out and I snorted. The guys didn’t seem to notice though because before I could even blink, they were all heading to the door.

Josh put the picture on my bed and started walking out of the room, following the other three guys.

I glanced at the picture which was now lying on my bed and several memories of my parents flashed in my mind. Where are they now? I thought to myself. I really miss them.

“Are you coming?” I jumped when I heard Alex’s voice.

I turned my head and found him standing on my door, looking at me.

“Yeah,” I answered as I picked up the picture and put it back in its place.

I followed them downstairs where they were already whining about how hungry they were.

“Where’s Emily?” I asked Chase.

“I think she’s still in her room,” he answered.

“Okay, I’ll go call her,” I said and ran upstairs as they started protesting again. I knocked on her door and went in when I heard a ‘come in’.

“We’re going out for lunch,” I told her.

“Now?” she asked.

“Yep,” I replied and she immediately jumped out of her chair.

“Thank God! I’m starving!” She said, running downstairs, making me laugh.

“Come on Hailey! Faster!” Paul said.

“Patience Paul,” I scolded him but he ignored me as he held my arm and pulled me out of the house.

Thirty minutes later, we were seated in McDonalds with our burgers and fries.

As we were eating, no one uttered a word. Suddenly, I burst out laughing. They stopped eating for a second and gave me weird looks.

“Nothing,” I then said, thinking how funny it was that no one was talking because the food was here. Yes, I laugh when stupid stuff like this happen.

Their weird looks were still plastered on their faces – except for Alex who was already used to my weird behavior.

We spent another forty minutes there, eating and just hanging out and I have to say, it felt good to have friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy! :) So I'm finally done with my exams! YAY! :D

I swear I wanted to tell you guys something but I can't remember. It happens every single time. I take a lot of time to write my author's notes because I always forget what I want to write. If I remembered, I'll send you guys a message or I'll tell you in the next chapter. But I don't think I will remember :P

Next Upload: Friday or Saturday.

Aim for this chapter: 220 votes (Please vote! *puppy face*)

Have a wonderful day/night! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
590 14 14
Abigail Bell has been moving across the country with her dad her whole life after her mom left them when she was five years old. Before the start of...
9.5K 236 10
-sequel for misguided- Long distance can put strain on any healthy relationship, but can Leslie and Colby fight through it? After she graduates from...
3.5M 72.5K 36
At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an everlasting change. She's dropped the g...