The Tables Have Turned

By Monica4242

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 2

260K 6.2K 1K
By Monica4242

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 2

“Hailey are you okay?” Chase whispered and I barely managed to nod before collapsing in my seat. This cannot be happening! What was I going to say to him? I can’t avoid him! We’re going to be in the same class all year! This is horrible!

“Are you sure? I could take you home if you want,” Chase said looking at me worriedly.

“I’m fine Chase,” I said, trying to sound convincing but failed miserably.

What am I going to do? I used to talk to my mom about my Alex problems. Who am I going to talk to? She knew everything and she knew about my feelings for him.

But she’s not here now.

That thought made me want to cry but I stopped myself. I wasn’t going to cry like a baby on my first day of school.

My head started pounding and I rubbed my temples trying to get rid of the pain.

“Hey, you okay? You look like you have a headache,” a girl sitting in front of me said.

“Yeah, I do,” I responded truthfully. She handed me a white pill, smiling slightly.

“I get a lot of headaches,” she said “Take this, you’ll feel better.”

I looked at the pill and when I recognized it, I took it. My mom used to give me that a lot when I was sick.

“Thanks,” I said gratefully.

“Welcome,” she responded “I’m Mariah by the way.”

“Nice to meet you,” I replied and that’s when I noticed Mr. Jack looking at us. I cleared my throat and Mariah turned around as I gave him an apologetic look. He continued on teaching and no matter how much I concentrated, I couldn’t possibly understand what he was saying.

I sighed in frustration and ran a hand through my long brown hair.

Chase’s lips twisted into a smirk and I glared at my copybook.

“I can’t understand this!” I complained, frustrated.

“I’m sorry Hailey, I can’t help you out. I barely understand this,” Chase said.

“Great,” I muttered under my breath and he laughed quietly.

Soon the period was over and Mr. Jack left the classroom. All my classmates stood up and started chatting. Some went out to the corridor to chat with their friends from other classes, some went to put their books in their cubbies, and others just chatted in the classroom.

I felt slightly awkward so I went to my cubby and placed my math book and copybook there. When I was about to stand up, I noticed someone’s arms above me, taking out a red copybook from the cubby above mine.

I tilted my head to see who it was and to my surprise, it was Alex. I stared at him for a while, unable to take my eyes off him. He was hotter than he was two years ago with his slightly taller black hair. He was taller and more muscular but his beautiful blue eyes were still the same color.

When he took out his copybook, he removed his hands and looked down at me. I quickly noticed that his eyes weren’t as friendly as they were years ago. They seemed more blank and cold. I felt disappointed because the warmth that used to be in his eyes used to make me feel better every time I looked at him.

“Alex,” I breathed out and I suddenly felt guiltier than ever. I remembered what I did to him two years ago and cringed. I can’t believe how much of a bitch I was. I lowered my gaze and focused on the tiled floor, not wanting him too see all that I was feeling now. I guess I’m still as vulnerable as I used to be with only him around.

“Hailey,” he replied after a while in a neutral tone and my heart skipped a beat. I wasn’t sure if it was because of hearing him say my name again, or surprise because I wasn’t really expecting him to reply.

“How are you?” I asked when I finally got the courage to look up at him.

“Why are you here?” he asked, cutting to the chase.

I opened and closed my mouth a few times, still surprised by his question. I stood up to face him and played with my hands.

“Because the Walkers enrolled me here,” I said, avoiding the real question.

“Don’t be smart with me, Hailey. Why did you move here?”

“Don’t worry, Alex. I didn’t move here because of you. I didn’t know you went to school here,” I replied making my voice blank. It sort of reminded me of myself a few years back when I used to humiliate every person who is not really ‘popular’ as my so called friends would’ve put it.

“Good because you better stay the hell away from me, Hailey Tucker. I’ve made a mistake of liking you once and I’m not doing it again,” he said coldly making me flinch.

I didn’t know what to say. He had every right to hate me after what I did to him. I just wished we could start over.

I nodded my head, looking down, and whispered, “I’m sorry.”

He either didn’t hear me or decided to ignore me.

Suddenly, someone wrapped his arm around my shoulder and when I looked up I saw Chase smiling at me.

“I see you’ve met Alex,” Chase said then he averted his attention to Alex.

“Don’t start with your charm Alex,” Chase smirked and Alex rolled his eyes.

“Don’t worry I won’t,” he replied sarcastically and Chase frowned slightly.

“You won’t? Did you finally find a girlfriend?” Chase said, surprised.

Alex snorted at that. “No way. I just don’t want to get involved with her again.”

“You two know each other?” Chase asked, still surprised and I would’ve laughed if it was under different circumstances “And why not? She’s a great girl.”

“Yes we do,” Alex replied “And don’t let her fool you.”

Chase looked confused and Alex just scowled as I bit my lip and stared at my black shoes.

“He’s right,” I said quietly. I thought they didn’t hear but apparently they did.

“What are you talking about, Hailey?” Chase asked and I was saved by the teacher that walked in the classroom and told us to sit in our places.

I went back to my place, thinking about what just happened. I wanted to cry right then and there but I couldn’t do that. I can’t believe I was a bitch because of popularity and I can’t believe I did that to Alex, the best guy I have ever met, the guy I could truly be myself around. I hoped he had notice that I was my real self with him around and my fake self when I was at school but I can’t really blame him. I have always been known as the bitch and he liked me enough to believe differently and by humiliating him that day, I showed him that he thought wrong – which he didn’t. I’m so stupid.

“Good morning class,” the young teacher said interrupting my thoughts and that’s when I took a closer look at her. She was in her mid-twenties and really pretty. Her blond hair was cut short and her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown. She was skinny and her dress was so pretty I was jealous that she owned it.

“Good morning Ms. Katy,” the students chorused.

“I see a new student,” she said, looking at me with a friendly smile “What’s your name?”

“I’m Hailey Tucker,” I said, returning her smile.

“Nice to meet you Hailey,” she said “I’m Ms. Katy, your economics teacher.”

“You too,” I replied quietly and I had a feeling I was going to love her.

When this period was over, I noticed that my earlier assumptions were true. She was an awesome teacher. Unfortunately, I had only one economics period per week.

Third period was English. Our teacher, Mrs. Weston, is really old but she isn’t one of those mean old people, on the contrary she is really funny.

After the first three periods we get a twenty-minute break and after the fifth period, we get a forty five- minute break. During the breaks we can go wherever we want in the school.

“How were your first three periods?” Emily asked when I stepped out into the hallways.

“Good,” I replied shrugging.

“It’ll get better and no worries, I’m sure people will love you!” She said happily and I forced a smile because I really wasn’t in the mood. After what Alex said to me, my mood changed. He was completely right but I was just hoping to start over now that I was able to be my real self in front of others and not the bitchy stuck up girl I used to be at my old school. Plus the fact that my mom wasn’t here and I couldn’t talk to her about that made me feel even more depressed. And I’m going to admit this, I’m afraid of what I might feel when the realization that my parents are not here anymore sinks in. It’s going to be terrible!

“Emily! Chase!” I heard a girl call. Emily and Chase waved and started walking to where that girl was with the rest of her group.

“Come on Hailey, you’ll meet our friends,” Emily said and I shook my head.

“You guys go ahead. I need some fresh air. I’ll sit with you next break,” I promise and they reluctantly agreed.

Honestly, I wasn’t in the mood to meet new people and I didn’t want Chase and Emily to feel that they should stay with me.

“Hey, new kid,” a guy that I recognized was in my class said as soon as I got outside.

“I have a name, you know,” I said, annoyed at how he talked to me and the way he was looking at me. Yep, he was definitely one of the players Emily talked about. I admit though, he was hot. His hair was a light brown color and his eyes were a very light shade of blue.

He smirked. “Sure, Hailey,” he said “I’m Paul.”

“Nice to meet you, Paul,” I said offering a smile. I didn’t mind if he was a player as long as he didn’t get carried away too much. I don’t mind a bit of flirting but not more than that.

“You know,” he started, his eyes looking at my legs “You look hot in that uniform.”

I rolled my eyes at him. He already started with the flirting and I met him a second ago. Literally.

“I’ll make sure to wear pants next time,” I muttered and he laughed.

“I’m just kidding,” he said “Friends?”

I looked down at his outstretched hand. I smiled and shook his hand.

“Friends,” I said.

“But I have to warn you” he then said “I tend to flirt a lot with cute girls like you.”

“Yeah I kind of figured that out already,” I said, smirking at him.

Suddenly a group of guys appeared. One of them, which I didn’t recognize, slapped Paul on the back and said, “You turned on your charm already.”

Paul and I rolled our eyes at the same time and then we burst out laughing.

“We’re going to be good friends, Hailey Tucker,” Paul said and I nodded in agreement.

When I felt someone staring at me, I turned my head to the right and saw Alex starring – more like glaring – at me.

I immediately looked at my shoes, feeling my earlier guilt and sad mood reappear. I can’t believe the effect Alex has on me. He’s the only person that can make me this flustered by only standing next to me.

“I-I’ll see you in class,” I told Paul and left as fast as I could.

It was only my first day of school and I was already seeing Alex everywhere. Ignoring him the whole year is going to be much harder than I thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy! :)

First I would like to thank you all for voting and commenting! :)

Second I'm sorry this is short but my exams are starting on Monday and I'm busy with studying :/

Picture of Leighton Meester as Hailey Tucker -->

Next Upload: Tuesday or Wednesday.

Aim for this Chapter: 200 votes.

Have a wonderful day/night everyone! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.3K 1.4K 37
* Previously known as Butterfly * Alexandra Ramirez grew up with her parents not caring about her dreams. She had to be the next CEO of their company...
163K 2.1K 26
(completed) it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. but true love never dies. best ranking: #1 in #ColbyBrock 2/21/19 #1 in #traphouse 8/26/1...
186K 2.7K 52
your childhood best friend, tara moves across the country and becomes famous. she gets a friend group that you only socialize with over the internet...
3.5M 72.4K 36
At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an everlasting change. She's dropped the g...