Worth Waiting For (BL)

By YaoiLover801

Have you ever dreamt of a person whom you haven't met before? Like that one dream where you and that person a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - I Met the Jerk Again
Chapter 2 - Dustin Yuan Reggins
Chapter 3 - To Sue or Not to Sue?
Chapter 4 - Dangerous People
Chapter 5 - And Dating Starts Now
Chapter 6 - A Caring Ashley
Chapter 6.5 - Meanwhile...
Chapter 7 - First Day of... What?!
Chapter 8 - His Ideal Guy
Chapter 9 - Change of Feelings
Chapter 10 - Plans
Chapter 11 - First Monthsary
Chapter 12 - Dinner Date
Chapter 13 - Confrontation
Not An Update
Chapter 14 - Another Yuan and the Fight
Chapter 16 - Shared Dream??
Chapter 17 - Yuan vs. Yuan
Chapter 18 - A Friendship Untold
Chapter 19 - Masquerade Party
Chapter 20 - News
Chapter 21 - Birthday Gift
Chapter 22 - Celebration
Chapter 23 - With Him
Chapter 24 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 25 - Mistake
Chapter 26 - Separate Ways
S1 Ender's Note
Season II
Author's Note II

Chapter 15 - That Dream

2.1K 110 11
By YaoiLover801

A/N: I totally forgot that I was supposed to do a double update last time! >.<) I'm so, so, sorry, loves! But, I'll make it up to you, all. Here it is! Enjoy reading~

Btw, who here watches Katekyo Hitman Reborn? I fudging ship Gokudera Hayato x Yamamoto Takeshi and Sawada Tsunayoshi x Hibari Kyoya x Dino Cavallrone! Kyaaaaaah!! 😍💕

Adieu (Ciaossu)

- saphire

----

Dustin's POV

I was walking down a corridor at a fast pace, wondering if he had already left. I shook my head, trying to get that thought out of my head. He hasn't left yet. He can't leave me!

I opened a double door and was met by a busy crowd, all walking in every direction, not minding the new arrival that was me. I scanned the room before my eyes zoned in on him at the far end, walking towards a door. I gotta stop him!

I called out his name and he looked back, his eyes searching the crowd to know who called him and when he saw my gaze, he stood still, too shocked to even move.

I took that as a sign and hurriedly went to him, bumping into people, who just ignored me. When I got to him, I didn't waste time as I took him in my arms, hugging the life out of him. He let go of the hug and I let him, but he wasn't looking at me, which made my heart constrict against my chest.

I took hold of his chin and tilted it upwards for him to face me and when our eyes met, tears had begun to stream down his face. I had to hold back my own as I wiped his tears and leaned in to kiss his eyelids before pulling away.

He sobbed when I pulled away and I leaned in again, this time kissing him on the lips, making his sobs just hiccups against the kiss that spoke volumes of how much I love him and how much I didn't want him to leave me. But I knew that I need to let him go.

When we pulled away, I looked at him, though blurry, I could still make out his features a bit, but not enough for me to recognize him. I just know that he's a guy. But it didn't matter because I love him.

"I will find you. No matter what happens, I will find you. And when I do, I'll never let you go. So wait for me, okay?" I said, my voice cracking as I let go of him. I watched as he began to fade together with the surrounding. But before he could disappear completely, I said, "I love you."

*

I abruptly got up from lying on the bed, panting for air. And that was when I realized tears were rushing down from my eyes and my heart felt like it was in pain. I grabbed at my chest, trying to ease the pain and the tears to stop from falling, but I can't. I yelled in pain, not taking it anymore.

My bedroom door burst open, revealing my parents as they quickly made their way to me, sitting beside me on my bed, looking worried as they looked at me in tears. "It hurts, mom. It fucking hurts!" I exclaimed as tears still stream down my eyes and my heart was still constricting.

I feel like I was dying. And maybe I am, because I've never felt like this before. When a clip of my dream went to mind, I howled in pain, clutching at my heart tighter. "What's wrong, Dustin? Why are you crying? Where does it hurt?" My mom asked, worry and panic evident in her voice as she rubbed comforting circles on my back. But even that couldn't suffice the pain I was feeling.

"Mom, it hurts. I can't. He can't. Mom..." I sobbed like a child on my mom's shoulder. I could feel her tears on my shoulder and she tightened her hug on me. After a while, my crying subsided to just hiccups and my tears had dried out, but the pain was still there.

"What happened, Dustin?" My dad asked, his usual calm demeanor broke as he looked at me in worry. "I don't know." I said honestly. I'm not sure what happened myself. "I just woke up and tears were already falling from my eyes, then my heart began to ache against my chest. It was a painful ache, like I had lost something important. Something so important to me."

My parents were just sitting there, waiting for me to talk patiently. "Then what did you mean when you said 'he can't'? Who did you refer to?" My mom asked, so I glanced at her but returned my gaze ahead.

"I don't know." I answered, frowning in confusion. "I was dreaming. I was at some kind of hallway then suddenly the place changed to that of an airport when I opened a door. I was searching for someone, so I could stop him from leaving. But I can't. I can't stop him from leaving me. I can't do anything when he disappeared and it hurts. It hurts that I'm this affected with just a dream."

My parents looked at each other before their gaze went to me. It was silent for a while, but it was my dad who broke the tensed silence. "So you dreamt about a guy who was leaving you?" I just nodded, because I was too tired to talk. My throat was sore from all that crying and screaming.

"In my dream, I was in love with that guy, but I'm only in love with one person." My eyes widened when I slipped, but I made my face impassive as I glanced at my parents who were on either side of me.

"Is the person you're in love with similar to the person in your dream?" My mom asked. Somehow, my mom's voice became serious. "What do you mean?" I asked her, confused by the change in her voice.

"You don't know this, son, but it was the same for us." My dad said, making my gaze turn to him. He must have seen the confusion in my face, because he continued. "When I still wasn't with your mother back then, I had this crazy dream that I was running, chasing after a train that I haven't seen before. And then a girl peaked her head on a window, yelling at me to stop chasing her, but I didn't.

"So I ran until the train stopped and the girl got off, going to me and slapped me hard on the arm with tears streaming down her face. I couldn't see her that well, because she was blurry and then the setting changed and we were sitting on a beach. And then she suddenly disappeared, but she left a paper. It was empty, just a paper, but then words flew at the front of my head, making me understand the hidden message she left and then I woke up."

I was dumbfounded when my dad told his story, but it actually managed to comfort me a bit to know that I wasn't going crazy. I turned to my mom who were smiling the whole time dad was talking and I could see the love in her eyes.

"We had the same dream, but with different prospective. While he was chasing after a train, I, on the other hand, was the girl peaking out at the window, yelling for the crazy boy to stop his chase, but he was too persistent and he managed to catch up with the train on the next station. It was crazy, really. I thought I was going crazy, because I never rode a train and I never met a man who was so stubborn to chase a train for me.

"But that dream gave me hope that I will find my own prince charming, but I didn't expect to share the same dream as the person who hurt my best friend and half the female population of our school." I chuckled at the playful glare mom had given dad.

"The dream isn't reality, son. But sometimes, you gotta believe it. Maybe the reason why you couldn't stop that person from leaving is because it wasn't your time to be together. You may love them, him in your case, but the situation deemed it not. So you have to have patience in finding that person." My dad said, his voice returning to that usual calm.

I nodded my head and he did the same before getting up from my bed. Mom did the same and stood by dad at the door. "Get some rest, son. Don't dwell too much on that dream, you will remember it and you will dream it again when that person in your dream had appeared." I nodded my head in reply to what my dad had said before he closed the door to my room.

What my parents didn't know is that I have already dreamt this before. It was the same dream, but I wasn't as affected as I was back then, which was weird. If what my parents said was true, then I have already met that guy in my dreams? But it doesn't make sense!

I groaned and then laid back down, staring at the ceiling until Ashley's face came to mind. Wait... what was the name of that guy? Uhm... J-James? Uh, no but it starts with the letter J. Uhm... Jasper? Jeremy? Jason? Jack? Jack... Jake! Yes, Jake. I called that guy Jake.

But who's Jake? There's so many Jake out there! And I have to find the one who shares my dream? That's just crazy. People will think I'm losing it when I started asking around. Asking around? That will just make me look more weak and pathetic. Damn it. Who the hell are you, Jake? Why are you making my life hard now?!

I closed my eyes with the intention of sleep, but I couldn't when glimpses of my dreams came forward and I had to suppress yet another scream to tore my already sore throat. Why the hell am I affected with someone I haven't even met this much?

Ashley. I need to think of Ashley and how I could make him mine. He was mine and no one else's. I'd kill just to make sure no one lays their hands on him. The thought actually comforted me and I smiled at that, relaxing as I imagine Ashley and I together.

A few moments later, I felt my eyelids heavy and I dozed off to sleep with Ashley and the faceless guy in my mind.

*

It has been about a month after I dreamt that dream and the revelation with my parents, but until now, I'm still bothered by it.

"Hey, Dustin!" I was snapped out of my daze when I heard a female voice call out my name. I turned to the direction of the voice and gave a sheepish smile when I realized that I was with Jena and she was telling me something.

"You're obviously not listening to me." Jena said in irritation as she glared at me. "Yeah, sorry about that. I was thinking of something." I replied and she just rolled her eyes. "So, what are you thinking about that is so important you have to ignore my story?" I contemplated on whether telling her that crazy dream I had or not.

"Nah. I'm just thinking of ways to take Ashley back." I said, choosing the latter. It wasn't really a lie. I was thinking about ways to get Ashley back, but the dream just dominates my thoughts. "Ashley again? Why are you even wasting your time with that freak?" The disgust in Jena's voice was obvious that it snapped something in me.

I glared at Jena so intently before saying in a deep and cold voice, "that 'freak' you're referring to is the person I like. We may be friends, Jena, but I'll gladly throw it away if you insult him again." I saw Jena paled from the coldness of my voice, but she seemed to not get the point when she countered.

"B-but he's no one. Why would you throw a decades worth of friendship for someone whom you just met and a fag to boot?!"

I grabbed Jena's arm in a tight grip, making her yelp in pain as I narrowed my eyes at her when she insulted Ashley after I told her not to. "I may have just met him as you say, but I want him. And don't tell me what to do, because you're not my mother and you're certainly not my girlfriend to nag me with what I'll do with my life. You are just my friend who will soon become my enemy if you continue to insult Ashley."

The look of hurt that flashed on Jena's eyes was enough for me to let her go, but I still continued to glare at her as she cradled her arm that had a red hand print on it. I sighed loudly, calming myself down when I heard Jena sobbed beside me.

I felt a pang of guilt when I saw tears fell from her eyes. Damn it, I lost my cool! I grabbed Jena and held her in a hug, rubbing her back in comfort as I apologized to her. " I'm sorry, Jena. I didn't mean to lose my cool." I chanted in her ear as she continued to sob.

"I-it's okay. I-I'm sorry if I was out of line." Jena said in between hiccups. Unbeknownst to me that there was someone at the other side of the room who was watching us with a glare so intent that it could burn a hole in my head as I comforted my friend.

Courting Ashley may be harder than I thought. And I had yet to know that I would have competition to win his heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.2K 1.7K 17
Riley Vazquez, the oldest of six, has endured a childhood of poverty and severe bullying. The only thing that helps him overcome these hardships is t...
287K 11.3K 15
Nicky Silver's new roommate at boarding school is Daniel MacArthur. One is a werewolf. One is a vampire. Age-old traditions dictate the pair must be...
175K 9.8K 27
[COMPLETE] Charles "Charlie" Roberts is Patrick's little Koala. Patrick del Castillo is Charlie's first kiss. One terrible incident is what separated...
165K 6.7K 21
Desperate for money, Christian Wallis is offered a job. To pretend date Neil Ericsson for 6 months for the money he needs. What motivates Neil Ericss...