The Choice I Regret

By shininggoldstar

Finn and Rachel are meant to be, but when Finn is married to someone else and Rachel is playing hard to get... More

The Choice I Regret
Rachel's Life
Nice Try
Familiar Faces
Life Without You
Letting The Feelings Go
Good Luck Eventually Wears Off
Everything Used To Be Perfect
All You Need Is A Push
Dinner With A Twist
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Shopaholic
Pink Little Hearts
Sleep Tight
A Little Party Never kills Nobody
To Good To Be True
Trying Your Best
Starting Fresh
Just Friends?
Taking It Slow
My Hero
Nothing Lasts Forever
Busted
Misunderstanding
That's What Friends Are For
Perfume
It Will Never Be The Same
Holding onto Secrets
The Plan
Out in the open
Smile
Waiting
To Find You
Midnight Train
Just Making Sure
If Only A Dream Was Reality
Trust Your Instincts
Wigs & Wine
Hello Gorgeous
Don't Let Go
Pretty/Unpretty
Team Work
Don't Do This Again!
Dance To You Drop
Friendship & Tears
Flowers & Jelly
What Next?
Chances
Going Down
New Me
Love Hurts
Everybody Hurts
Starting Over?
Miracles
Authors Note
Leap of Faith

The Good and Bad News

3K 64 8
By shininggoldstar

Finn’s POV

Tick tock, tick tock was the only sound that was playing through my head. With everything that’s going on in my life right now, I’m a complete mess. I’ve stuffed up everything with Rachel and I’m trying my best to contact her but I always get her answering machine. Just hearing her voice every time is heartbreaking, because I know that I might not ever hear that happy, cheery voice of hers again.

I look around my mum’s hospital room and I only now just realise how plain it is. It has pale colours painted across the walls. I look at the machines that are hooked up to her, I couldn’t help but shut my eyes and let the tears flow. Moments after, Kurt and Burt walk in and I quickly stand up to cover the fact that I’ve been sitting down and crying.

“The doctor says he has some news, he’s coming in here in a couple of minutes.” Burt muttered as he sat down on the chair opposite me.

“Bout time, Carole’s been here for ages.” Kurt throws his hands up in frustration.

As if on cue, the doctor swung the door open almost knocking Kurt over who was standing right in front of it.

“Oh sorry.” The doctor says to Kurt.

“Ok, well Carole suffered from a minor stroke, but she’ll be fine.” He says flipping through sheets of paper.

The room was filled with sighs of relief after the doctor told us that mum was going to be ok, that was until Kurt asked if he could speak to the doctor outside. Once the two of them were outside, Burt offered to go get  me a coffee from the machine downstairs, I gratefully declined and walked towards the door to listen in to Kurt’s conversation with Dr. Allen.

“I need to talk to you about some of your staff.” I look out the window that had the perfect view of the hallway and the two of them.

“What about them?” The doctor asked.

“They’re rude, disrespectful and I as a human would not like to come to a hospital that has receptionists with that kind of attitude.” Kurt folds his arms crossed his chest.

“Then why are you here?” He says stepping closer to Kurt.

“Oh look who’s a smart ass, I was wrong. It’s not just the receptionists that have bad attitude.” And with that the doctor steps away from Kurt.

“What was the receptionist’s name?”

“Well my friend said her name was Barbra, which just upsets me even more because that’s the name of the Queen.”

“No it’s not.” the doctor snaps sarcastically.

“Of music it is.” Kurt shouts.

“Well whoever the hell this music Queen of yours is, in this hospital that receptionist is my wife, and if you’ve got a problem with her, I’m not the person you want to be complaining to.”

“Well your wife, was rude to my friend saying she’s ugly and that her boyfriend isn’t attracted to her.”

“Barbara always tells the truth.” The doctor shrugs his shoulders.

“Oh yeah? Well so do I. I don’t like your wife or you so now, you’re not Carole’s doctor anymore.”

“You can’t have a say, you’re not blood related.” And now I was starting to get frustrated with this guy so that’s the moment I stepped up and acted like a man.

“No, but I am.” Kurt and Dr. Allen turn around to face me.

“Is that what you want? Another doctor?”

“Yes it is.” I say while stepping closer to him.

“Alright, then it’s sorted.” The doctor walks away aggressively.

“What the hell was that?” Kurt and I turn around to see Burt with a blueberry muffin and a large coffee placed in his hands.

“Good news, Carole has a new doctor.” Kurt replies.

“I don’t want to know do I?” I shake my head with that I give him my answer.

Kurt walks towards the door to my mum’s room but I pull him back by the collar. It was a little harsh but it had to be done, this kid had so many secrets it was unbelievable.

“Who was your friend that got treated that way by Barbra?” I ask.

I see Kurt’s eyes widen and now I know he’s hiding something from me. He continues to look around the hospital until he finally speaks.

”Finn Christopher Hudson, were you eavesdropping?” He says trying to change the subject.

“No Kurt, I know you’re up to something, so spit it out.” I yell.

“Ok, the Barbra bitch was rude to Rachel, but Rachel doesn’t know I know.”

I feel anger start to bubble up inside my body, and im afraid I won’t be able to contain it.

“What did she say?” I ask.

“That she has no sex appeal, and that she’s ugly.” My hands turn into fists, at that moment I was ready to punch the wall or kick a chair over.

“Don’t worry, Rachel handled it with her sass that i proudly taught her .” Kurt says using his hand gestures to try and calm me down.

That’s my girl.

“The next time I see this Barbara bitch, I’m going to set her straight.” I say walking to the vending machine.

“Sure you are.” I hear Kurt mumble.

“Hey Kurt, what does 'watch your back' mean?” I ask looking uneasy.

“Well, it depends on who said it.” He leans against the machine

“It was Quinn.” I mumble quietly.

“Shit Finn, you’re in trouble.” He replies with a scared look on his face.

“I know, it’s like I’m waiting for her to do something.”

“Well that’s what ‘watch your back’ means dumbass.” He slaps me on the back of my head and walks back into the room.

Well, I guess I better man up and face the consequences of dating Quinn, all I hope is that she doesn’t go after Rachel.

 I go back into the room and without even considering the fact that Burt was in the room with us. I walk up to Kurt and say:

“What if she does anything to Rachel?” I say in a panicked tone.

“Oh please. Rachel has more balls than you’ll ever have, she can handle herself.” Kurt flaps his hand to indicate not to worry, but I couldn’t help myself.

All of sudden Burt runs to my mum’s bedside and holds her hand. I look up at my mum and her eyes are finally open. My best friend was going to be ok. I walk up to the opposite side of the bed and hold her other hand. It was then that she turned her head towards me, she brought my hand to her lips and kissed it. And then told me to come closer. And that’s exactly what I did. I leaned over to get closer to her and she whispers something in my ear.

“I’m fine now Finn, go find Rachel, make things right and keep her safe…………….. All I want in return is grandbabies in the future.”

I look at her and she nods at me. I chuckle a little at her comment and nod in reply. The moment was quickly ruined by Kurt.

“Well I have got to come with you, this is going to be juicy.” He says jumping up and down.

I give my mum a kiss on the cheek and tell her to take care of herself. Kurt and I were out the door and on our way to find Rachel, it was going to be easier said than done.

How was I meant to find a little brunette in a big city …………………….I know how, my heart will lead me to her.

I hope you liked this chapter, if you did please comment to tell me what you think and please vote because it's means a lot!

Next Chapter is probably my favourite chapter so far, so stay tuned becuase big things are happening 

Thanks :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 942 22
Finn Hudson and Rachel Hudson have four beautiful children , Mia, 17, the popular cheerleader. Annie, 8, the actress/dancer, Finn Christopher Jr. 5...
125K 3.4K 78
A story on how Finn and Rachel first saw each other for the first time ❤️
24.2K 671 31
Rachel and Finn are the "It" couple of McKinley High, but when Finn has to move to Florida will the couple survive the hardships that come with long...
8.3K 166 11
Rachel and Finn are expecting a baby girl in 7 months. Then, while they wait for the baby to arrive, they adopt a little girl named Makayla Jane. How...