The Vampire

By HiiPower_333

Jessy Volkov is the girl next door, the nice girl that everybody likes but one day everything changes. Everyt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 23

362 6 0
By HiiPower_333

Picture of Oscar as Shiloh Fernandez.

~~~~

3 weeks later

I watch carefully stepping foot inside the iron steel room keeping my eye on the man sitting with his hands on his head.

"So I finally get to meet the person who saved my daughter huh?" His voice was deep and had enough huskiness in it.

He looked up his brown eyes the same color as Alex. He has dirty blonde hair that is closed shaved, he grew stubble around his face. He is quite attractive with his tall lean body like a swimmer he looks young to me.

"I'm Jessy" I would offer my hand but I didn't trust him to bite it off.

"I'm Chad" He stood up and lean against the table next to him. "So I'm a vampire and you turned me is that right?"

"Yes I couldn't let Alex lose both of her parents. I'm sure Michael has filled you in when he was training you"

"Michael should be a drill Sargent" He chuckled. "That man really had me working. Was it like that with Alex?"

"No I was with her all the time"

"Thank you" He smiled. "I gotten use to be a vampire I guess" He shook his head as if he couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. "Do you want to know what I can do? It's pretty cool"

He took out a knife and slash his palms and squeezed his hand to make a fist letting the blood drip on the floor. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing, I watch the steel floor began to melt where the blood dripped.

"I guess if someone decided I was meal they are going to get a little surprise." He grinned.

"Impressive" I smiled. "Just like Alex"

"Alex can I see her?" His face soften at the mention of her.

"Why won't you come out Alex?" I called for her.

He immediately look over my shoulder his face twisted in happiness that only a parent would know. I can see tears in his eyes as he looks down at her. Before he could even speak she ran up to him and leap into his arms causing him to stumble a bit. He kissed her all over her face with tears running down both cheeks.

"My baby girl I never thought I would see you like this again" He hugged her twirling her around.

"I miss you daddy"

I smiled and slowly walked away giving them a little privacy. I walked up stairs to my room to look over the files of vampires I have. Suddenly a ring came from the drawer of my table making me freeze on the spot. The only phone there is my old phone that I kept always with a full battery.

Slowly I walked up to it and took the phone in my head seeing Oscar's name flash. My heart completely pulled to a painful stop. The last time I saw him was when I hurt him and I never forgave myself for it. A whole part of me is missing everything about him.

He's one of the people I really miss and just seeing his name and knowing his voice would be on the other end is too tempting to let it pass. I press the button and place on my ear waiting for that familiar comforting voice.

"Jessy I miss you so much" His voice was different.

It was no longer a happy cheerful voice that would use to greet me at six in the morning telling me to get up. No there was pain in his voice that it automatically got me worried.

"I need you Jessy." When I heard his cry that he tried to hide I almost broke the phone in half. "I know what you are and I'm not scared"

"Oscar" I spoke up in a small whisper.

"Jessy it's good to hear your voice" He sighed. "Please come see me-

"If you know what I am then I don't think-

"Please I neeed you" I can hear the despair and sadness in his voice and I knew I had to see him.

I had to see for myself that no harm has be done to him because hearing his voice like this didn't sound right. He didn't sound like the little boy I grew up with.

"Okay." I rubbed my face. "Where?"

"The lake house I never moved just let yourself in okay?"

"Okay"

                 ~~//~~//~~

Parking outside the big house was just like I remembered it. I remember the big front yard that leads to the lake the is display for everyone to view. I remember running around here when I was in little pig tails until I grew up. I remember taking a book and reading on the bridge where Oscar would jump off to the lake. I remember running through the woods drunk because we thought a good hide and seek while drunk will be fun, it was a really bad idea. I remember climbing up these stoney path a million times and I remember this white door with the golden handle.

I opened my second home where I always run to when I need someone. It was just like I remember it. Big wide open spaces with lots of windows to view the beautiful nature. I walk across the wooden floor looking around the place for him.

I can hear him some where and it made me nervous that he is just around the corner. Would I run up to him and tackle him into a hug and never let go of him when I see him? Would I just stare because it's been so long that it hurts to look at him? What would I do when I stood right infront of him?

A strong scent of alcohol disinfectant lingered in the air making me twitch my nose.

"Oscar?" I called out walking through the big dinning area.

Around the corner is where I found him it was like my heart dropped to my stomach as I stare down at him.

"Hello Jessy" He wheeled himself to turn his body towards me.

He spoke so weakly and tired, his hair is dry and unhealthy which I'm sure he's sad about because he takes pride in making sure he has good hair. He has a few wire on his veins pumping something in his system. The most thing that stood out to me is the big dark circles around his eyes that looked like it sunken into his skull. He lost a few weight he didn't have that muscle figure from basketball anymore.

"I hope your silent because I'm too hot for you that you lost all sense to speak" He smirk.

At least he still have his sense of humor but some how that made the painful twist in my chest hurt even more.

"Oscar what happened?" I whispered my eyes scanning his whole body.

I can hear the weak heart beat that struggled to pump and he seemed to have trouble breathing as well.

"Bone cancer happened" He shrugged. "Come sit down before you faint" He cracked a smile.

Slowly I sat on the chair not taking my eyes off him.

"You look good" He wheeled himself closer. "Always hot Jessy, I knew I shouldn't have left you go" He chuckled but it didn't reach the sadness in his eyes.

"How can you act like everything is okay? You're dying" I tried not to let the emotions overwhelm me but it's beginning to feel harder by the minute.

"That's right I'm dying there is no point in being depressed about it. I accepted it"

"Cammy doesn't know does she" I pointed out.

"No, I don't want her to make a big deal about it and I want her to chase her dreams I becoming a race car driver and I know once I tell her she would want to help me out." He shook his head.

"So you called me because you want to say goodbye is that it?" Tears burned in my eyes ready to be shed but I held on to it as long as possible.

"No that's not it" He wheeled closer reaching for my hand.

These hands that I held since I was seven. The hands that would guide me and help me through everything. These hands that would brush away the sadness so easily.

He interlace my fingers with mine holding onto it tightly.

"I want you to turn me"

His words caused me to gasp in shock I almost pulled my hand back harshly but the desperate look in his face cause me to stop.

"What?" I whispered not trusting myself to speak louder because I'm afraid I would yell at him.

"I've been researching about vampires I found clues that vampires do exist and that you are one of them because the mark on my neck was done by you wasn't it?" He tilt his head for me to see the two scacrs on his neck. "When I found out I had severe bone cancer I didn't want to die some Doctors said that my case is too hard to fight off the disease so I went every where in the country to find the best doctors and then I found. Dr Stanley he wanted to help me, he injected vampire blood every month in my system to fight it off. It worked for a 3 months but everytime the cancer comes back it becomes worst."

"A Doctor gives vampire blood to his paitents?" My mouth fell open at how stupid and ridiculous it is to mess with something like that.

"He never told me it was vampire blood but after a few sessions with him I found out he was a vampire too. He told me everything about vampires and his ability was to take away things that other vampires did to people. For example like memory loss."

I was about to yell at him for being so stupid to get caught up with all these vampire crap. I want to shake him and snap him out of it because this isn't the life for him but I couldn't because part of me don't want to loose him. Part of me was a little relief that he found that doctor because he wouldn't be here.

"I can't.." I trail shaking my head thinking of all the bad outcome.

"It's okay Jessy I want to be a vampire I know the risk and I know what I have to give up for it. I don't want to die, I don't want to die like this" He spoke his voice trembling with so much pain. "Do you know what it feels like that every step I make all I could feel was pain, it was my bones grew spikes and it's trying rip my organs and skin apart." His hand clenched onto mine tightly he took a deep shakey breath. "I'm so tired Jessy I don't want to die with this disease please, I'm not going to be like my father."

  I let my tears fall because it seems like this decision that I hate making always comes back to me. I let my tears fall because I don't want to see my best friend like this. It was like a decision when the doctors asked you if they should pull the plug or not. It was hard because it's not your life on the line and if you regret it it will all be too late.

I close my eyes and run my fingers across his hands pulling it towards my face. His warm hand stroke my cheeks and I cave in to his touch leaning towards it.

"When did I ever say no to you?" I whispered in defeat.

A big smile stretched on his lips making my decision a little less harder because I know he will be with me now. The person that I always needed in my life.

He knew the minute I stepped back into this house, my home away from home and see him like this the decision has already been made. He knew I would never just sit back and let him die when I can do something about it.

We spoke for a few hours I told him everything that had happened his anger towards Lincoln caused him to have a coughing fit making me worry that he might die infront of me. He told me the past years that happened to him and how he dealt with it alone.

I took him to his bedroom and lay him down taking off the wires in his veins. I sat him up and sat behind him supporting his weight on me. I hugged him from the back feeling his breathing becoming weaker the second.

"It's going to hurt" I whispered.

"Just do it quick like pulling a band aid right?" He chuckled.

"More like pulling a wax" I smiled making him laugh.

"Crap" We chuckled remembering when I waxed his legs.

I look down at his neck and place my lips over his neck where his pulse is rising in a fast speed. I bit into his flesh taring it and went straight through his veins tasting his blood in my mouth. He hissed in pain taking hold of the sheets. I pull away and everything for him will change from this very moment.

I held onto him tightly as his body squirm and jolt from the venom that is changing his body. His screams echoed through the night until his eyes closed and his fangs grew for a second before forming back into his normal teeth.

It's done. He is one of us now.

             ~~//~~//~~

"Who is that hot piece of meat?" Kat appear in the steel room.

"Oscar and don't you dare sleep with him"

"How dare you accuse me of acting like a slut!" She yelled loudly making me roll my eyes at her being so dramatic. She flash me a evil grin before siting on the bed where he lay.

"That's right you have your eyes on that cute bartender right?" I chuckled.

"Brett is cute but it's not like we can be together" She shrugged.

"You can try" I want her to be happy and stop dropping to different countries to sleep with all the male models.

"How about you try with lover boy Dominic and I'll try" She smirk.

"What?" I almost choked on air with her suggestion.

"Don't what me" She rolled her eyes. "You know what I'm talking about"

"Actually I don't"

"Oh Jessy my sweet girl don't be so blind" She sighed shaking her head in dissapointment.

"Why won't you just go because you are giving me a headache like the usual and you are disturbing Oscar" I sat on the chair.

"Sooner or later you'll see what I see." She winked and disappeared in thin air.

I don't why she can't just get up and walk to the door instead of using her powers all the time. I look over at his sleeping figure and for once I didn't feel guitly turning him into a vampire. Deep inside I know I didn't do it for him but for me. I needed him beside me again, I need the person that gave me my first kiss and taught me what it feels like to always have someone. I need another person from my past to accept me for who I am.

I need him because it feels like I'm losing myself and he will see that and he will try bring back the person that pulled pranks on him every morning in summer. 

              ~~//~~//~~

It was midnight when I heard him sitring in the bed I can hear his strong heart beat picking up the pace. I watch carefully at his movements. New vampires are like junkies desperate for drugs who is willing to even kill for it. 

 "Take it easy" I warned him as he continue to sit up.

His hand automatically reach for his head but was pulled back by the chairs that is connected to the steel floor.

"Is this really needed?" He looks down at the cuff suinting his eyes. "Turn the damn lights off" His voice was rough and tired.

"It's off and you'll get use to your hightened senses" I took out a ice cold water bottle and toss it at him.

He caught it swiftly even though he wasn't looking at my direction. The shock was written all over his face.

"Whoa that was cool" He grinned impressed with his fast reflexes.

As an athlete he has a natural fast reflexes but his movement is faster for a human to follow. 

"How are you feeling?" I smiled at his reaction. 

"I feel fine I just have this aching headache." 

For a few days we helped Oscar with his new ablities letting him get use to everything. Four days came and we gave him a glass of human blood. The minute he smelt the blood in the air he snatched the glass of me. 

He found out a few days later he had the ability to remove water from objects or people. Michael put him to the test to remove all water in a tree. After a few fail attempts he laid his hand on the bark of the tree and within a few minutes the tree began to die and break like he burned it into ashes with the leaves falling on the ground. 

We were all impressed with the new power we've seen. Oscar was too excited about it and Alex was so fascinated by it. Oscar became really fond of Alex, that's what Alex can do to people. Dominic hasn't really hung around to long to talk to anyone really. The only person he talked to was Michael and Niki. 

It did annoyed me because not once he ever looked my way or said anything. It's like I don't exist to him anymore. I tried not to let it show in my face how really bothered I am by it.

"So can I go out now?" Oscar whined. 

"What do you think Michael?" I asked.

"Well you have showed no resist to anything we did to you and you have a very good control over your thirst considering you are a new vampire. I guess you can go out" He nodded.

"Yes!! Let's go get a drink" Oscar took my hand and drag me with him.

"I don't think a place filled with people is great" I stopped him.

"Fine let's just go out some where." 

We ended up going to a place where we always go. We stood ontop of the big rock looking over at the ocean. 

"Is it always like this?" He smiled up at the sky.

"Like what?" 

"Like everything seem to get even more beautiful, like everything is perfect" He sighed happily. "Is that what it is for you?" 

I look ahead flashes of memories erupted my mind with us two on top of the rock when we were 12 and it took us a full hour to have the gutts to finally jump off. I remember feeling so alive at that moment and that moment everything was perfect. That was the only time I felt that I think forgot what that feeling is like. 

"No I haven't felt like that in a while" My eyes wandered over to each spot over the ocean and sand and each spot has a special memory. 

"You know if I could go through hell the same way you did I would" He took my hand and locked our fingers together the way it was before. 

"I know you would" I smiled looking over at him. "I need you to bring back who I was" I said softly. 

He made me face him grabbing my face between his hands making our eyes meet. 

"I still see her" He smiled warmly. 

I wrapped my arms around his waist as he pulled me against him with his arms wrapped around me. I place my head on his shoulder closing my eyes at the feeling of someone embracing me.

"You know Cammy is going to kill you when she finds out" I mumbled against him making him groan. 

"Can we not tell her" He plead pulling back in horror.

"I don't know which bit she's going to be more mad that you had cancer and you never told her or that I turned you into a vampire?" I smirk finding amusement at the horror in his face. "It's okay you have two weeks to prepare yourself" 

We sat there talking about the pastand mocked each other doing little impersonation of each other doing embrassing things. 

"So you're telling me for the past years all you've been doing is training and preparing for your revenge on Lincoln?" Oscar looked at me with a confused look. 

"Yeah." 

"You're like one of those films we watch when the person gets so obessed in getting revenge and in the end they die anyway. It was all for nothing." 

 I gave a small smile remembering how I use to compare movies to real life, I guess I'm not the only one anymore. 

"I'm just saying don't go all physco on me now that we are super cool" He grinned making me chuckle. "You are officially my wing man from now on" 

"Yeah why is that?" I chuckled. 

I look over at it him for an answer but instead his body was tense like he's in position to attack. I couldn't see his face but I'm sure he has his fangs ready. I didn't understand what gotten into him but I smelt it before I saw it. 

A girl on the shore with the rocks slipped and cut her palms and now blood is running down her arms. Before I could get him in control he was already running towards her like a lion ready to pounce on his deer. 

I curse under my breath and ran after him. The hunger and the need to go to her was the only thing in his mind. I picked up the pace but it wasn't enough for me to stop him. He grabbed her by the throat making her scream in surprise but that scream died in her throat when his jaw clap tight on her neck. 

He looked like a starved animal and one isn't enough to fulfill him. I couldn't rip her a part from him without getting her throat half ripped in the process so I did what I had to do. I took him by the throat he growled his mind not in control right now. He clawed at me trying to break my hold. The girl in his arms dropped to the sand. Blood dribbled down his chin, his eyes wide with hunger, his teeth aching to bite another flesh. 

"Oscar control yourself" I command him but he seem more resistent. 

He tackled me to the sand I groan feeling my bones crush under his grip on my arm. 

"Oscar come on" I growled trying to get off his hold but he had me pinned and trap beneath him. 

I look into his eyes seeing the crazy look in it that we all have and we are all capable of killing. His fingers dug on my skin. His hand shot towards my neck I gasp as he squeezed my throat. I took hold of his wrist trying to pry him off. He turned my head to the side my heart pound on my ribs fearing that he will bite me. 

"Oscar snap out of it" I coughed feeling dizzy trying to kick his legs but he had me pinned no matter what. 

I can feel him move towards my neck ready to pierce into my veins. I felt his sharp teeth graze my skin making me whimper trying to push him off me. In a matter of seconds he was off me I look up in time to see Dominic snap Oscar's neck to make him to stop fighting. He dropped to the ground his neck twisted in a way no one could survive but us. 

I try to catch my breath pressing my palms on my chest to keep my heart in a steady beat. 

"Are you okay?" Dominic pulled me up to me feet. 

His eyes wandering over my skin or any sign of damge. He caught my chin between his thumb and fore finger making me tilt my head for him to check. 

"I'm fine" I twisted away from his hold.

"What the hell were you thinking going out in public with a new vampire" He growled I can see the anger reflecting in his face.

"He was fine before-

"It was fucking stupid! Do you understand how close he was to bitting you?!" He shouted his breathing heaving with so much anger in him that I couldn't understand.

"So what if he bit me?" I yelled back annoyed.

His eyes snapped back at mine making me freeze in spot seeing how dangerous his eyes were looking back at mine.

"Because!" He rubbed his face in frustration.

"Because?" I waited for an anwer impaiteintly.

"Just don't let any vampire bite you" He growled shooting me an annoyed look making me roll my eyes.

"It wasn't my fault, it wasn't like I wanted him to do it"

"I wasn't blaming you"

"Well you might as well because the way you are looking at me like it's my fault"

He rubbed his eyes as if trying to remove the anger from his system.

"You know what just drop it" He groan.

"No tell me what's the big deal letting another vampire bite me. You made a big deal about it ever since I turned so tell me" I move closer to him.

I can see him clenched his jaw tightly shifting his feet thinking what to say.

"Because what if you meet someone, a vampire, you fell in love but you let another vampire bite you. What if he wanted to bite you but he can't because you are already marked by another because biting a vampire is creating a bond between you two. A bond that you can survive from each others blood that's how strong it is." He sighed. "Biting a human is nothing but biting a vampire is a symbol of love to us because their blood now runs in our veins."

 I rub my neck subconscienly imaging having that type of bond between each other that they only need each other to survive. You don't need to drink on innocent humans and you don't have to feel guilty anymore. I glance over at Oscar what if Dominic wasn't here? Would I mind if we shared that bond? Would I get angry? Or would I love the feeling of being needed so much by another person?

"So is it like a bond between werewolves?" I frown remembering those type of things happen in movies and books.

"No not really. We don't need to be with that person all the time and we can't read each others mind. Our bond just creates a more strong relationship between the person. It's like a seal to a relationship that promises that no matter what you are mine and if one dies the bond will still be there because their blood runs in their veins forever." 

"So you can just bite any vampire or you feel a sort of connection?" I wanted to know more about it because what if I don't get the chance to experience that. I could at least know everything about it. 

"You just go by instint but a few rare cases rejects the blood and they would throw up and the bond wouldn't be made." He said. "How about we talk about this later people might be starting to come and they will find two bloody bodies on the beach." Amusement hit his voice. 

Dominic helped Oscar in his car shoving him in the back seat. I crouch next to the girl I helped her sit up her head falling carelessly around. 

"Hey wake up" I shook her carefully. 

I took the towel on the ground and press it against her neck to stop the bleeding. Her eyes flutter a little trying to adjust to her surrounding. 

"Listen to me carefully" I ordered her eyes fully alert now waiting for my command. "You fell on the rocks causing that gash on your neck. You forgot about the guy that attacked you and we were never here." I got her up to her feet. "You understand?" 

She nodded in response her face pale white and her were dropping close but I shook before she faint again. 

"Go and don't stop until you reach for help." I ordered watching her stumble off. 

I got into Dominic's car, he drove silently to our place that's hidden by everyone's veiw. 

"A few nights ago when I was dreaming what would happen if you didn't wake me up?" I wanted to know more about it. 

He told me I would've done so much damage to myself but I wanted to know what damage. 

"Your emotions would've shut down, you wouldn't care about yourself, you wouldn't care about Alex or anyone. All you want is to get revenge and you would get it even if it kills you"

I was angry with Lincoln right now but imagine how much hate and anger I would've had. How much destruction I would've caused if it wasn't for Dominic. I look over at him realizing how much he saved me from day one. 

He was there when my parents were torturing me. He was there when I escaped Alex from Lincoln. He was there when I was having a nightmare to wake me up and save me from myself and now he's here again. He has been here for me and I never really appreciated it.

I've always been angry with him, I've been pushing him away and be cold towards him but he would still be there.

"Thank you" I whispered my eyes wondering towards his eyes.

"For what?"

"For everything"

"I couldn't let you turn into something you hate" He shrugged.

"You wouldn't?" I was surprised by his answer. 

"No" he shook his head immdiately. "I won't let you be who I was" 

Today I saw the broken look in his eyes that I never noticed until now. I saw how much pain he went through that no one will understand even Michael. The person who have the knowledge and understanding nature that not a lot of people can have. I saw it right there the look of someone got hurt too many times and he doesn't know what to do with it. So he lashes out, he shuts down and kill not caring about the consequences. In the end of all that he ends up hating himself more just like how I hate myself. 

I get angry, I get afraid, I get confused and I get sad that my head starts to spin not knowing what to do with all these emotions. I bottle it up until I lash out like him but instead of killing humans I kill vampires.

"I think I like you just the way you are" I blurt it out shock that those words came out but I didn't regret it.

Behind my words I was telling him it's okay to be him because who he is isn't something I hate. 

He look over at me his eyes shinning bright and he understood the meaning in my words. A smile slowly trace along his lips the same smile that he gave me when were in his car after the movies. 

After all the yelling and fights in the end I'm glad he's always here when I need someone even though I don't say it to him. He has always been saving me somehow. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...
34.9K 1.3K 22
⚠️THIS BOOK HAS LOTS OF TYPEOS IN MISTAKES READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ⚠️ ~Zoey is the neighborhoods good girl she's loved by many hated by some she's nev...
247K 14.7K 22
Nina Belmonte knows her way around death. As the daughter of skin witches lost in a magical catastrophe when she was just a baby, she grew up used to...
721K 28.7K 23
(DISCLAIMER: I know there are a lot of grammatical errors so please don't point them out. Proceed at your own accord.) (Working on a MAJOR and COMPLE...