Worth Waiting For (BL)

By YaoiLover801

Have you ever dreamt of a person whom you haven't met before? Like that one dream where you and that person a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - I Met the Jerk Again
Chapter 2 - Dustin Yuan Reggins
Chapter 3 - To Sue or Not to Sue?
Chapter 4 - Dangerous People
Chapter 5 - And Dating Starts Now
Chapter 6.5 - Meanwhile...
Chapter 7 - First Day of... What?!
Chapter 8 - His Ideal Guy
Chapter 9 - Change of Feelings
Chapter 10 - Plans
Chapter 11 - First Monthsary
Chapter 12 - Dinner Date
Chapter 13 - Confrontation
Not An Update
Chapter 14 - Another Yuan and the Fight
Chapter 15 - That Dream
Chapter 16 - Shared Dream??
Chapter 17 - Yuan vs. Yuan
Chapter 18 - A Friendship Untold
Chapter 19 - Masquerade Party
Chapter 20 - News
Chapter 21 - Birthday Gift
Chapter 22 - Celebration
Chapter 23 - With Him
Chapter 24 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 25 - Mistake
Chapter 26 - Separate Ways
S1 Ender's Note
Season II
Author's Note II

Chapter 6 - A Caring Ashley

3.1K 143 7
By YaoiLover801

Dustin's POV

I groaned at the aching feel on my back as I tried to get up from the floor. Mark came running to my aid and helped me up. I put my arm over his shoulder and his hand on my waist, helping me walk towards the nurse's office.

"What the hell happened back there? I've never seen Ashley so angry like that since we met. What did you do?" Mark asked as he helped me sit on the bed in the nurse's office. I groaned in the pain on my back.

"Don't ask me coz I don't also know." I muttered in response as I settled on the not-so soft bed. If you're wondering where the people in this office are, well, I don't know either and I don't care. Damn fag. He had actually attacked me!

"You haven't answered my question yet." Mark said after a minute of silence, so I turned to my side to face him. "The what?" I asked, my brows furrowed in confusion. He looked at me a bit longer before sighing noisily in defeat. "Seriously, man. I didn't know you swing that way." He said, making me glare daggers at him.

"Fuck you, Hunter." I spat venomously at him. "I'm not a fag." I said, my chest rose and fell from the anger that I was feeling. Mark raised both his hands in surrender before clearing his throat. "Then, what's the deal between you and Ashley?"

"Nothing. We just got stuck in a situation that neither of us wanted."

"That's why he flipped earlier?"

"Maybe. Who knows what goes on inside that psychotic brain of his."

A knock came unto the door, making Mark and I to look at each other before Mark stood up and went to answer the door. When the door opened, it revealed a fidgeting Ashley with his head hung low.

"Uh... i-is uh..." I could see from here how Ashley twiddled with his fingers as he stuttered to ask I don't know what. He probably went here for me. Heh, might tease him for it for amusement. He does owe me for hurting my back. It doesn't really hurt, just a bit from the impact, plus I landed on my chair.

"Hey, babe. Looking for me?" I said from the bed. Ashley snapped his eyes towards me, narrowing those icy blue eyes when I smirked. "Oh, you're fine. I shouldn't have come here." He said in annoyance. He was about to walk away, but I called out.

"Wait!"

He returned his gaze to me and raised a questioning brow. I looked at Mark who was watching our exchange confusedly, his hand still holding the knob of the door. I tried to get up on a sitting position, using both my hands as support, groaning in the process.

I was taken aback when Ashley came to my aid and helped me get up, his face etched in worry as he looked at me. What the? Am I seeing things or is Ashley showing concern towards me? When I sat up, Ashley adjusted the pillow to support my back, taking an extra from the bed beside mine.

"Woah. I never thought the Ashley would show concern to someone like me." I mused, making him stop what he was doing. His face flushed red at the realization that he was taking care of me. "S-shut up, Reggins. Just be thankful I feel guilty for what I did." He stuttered in reply, making me smirk as I turned to look at Mark who was watching us in amusement.

"See that, bro? I have a caring and loving girlfriend." I said proudly, glancing at Ashley to know how he would react. His eyes went to Mark and they widened in realization that there was someone aside from us in the room. Ashley blushed again before clearing his throat and composed himself.

Ashley leaned in towards me, making me frozen in place at the close proximity of our faces. "You are dead when you get better. Don't think you can escape me, babe." He whispered seductively before pulling away and smirked at me.

What the fuck just happened? Did I just thought he was being seductive?! I looked at him with wide eyes and he winked at me before going out of the room. I turned to Mark who has the same expression as mine.

"Now you've done it." Mark said, chuckling at the end, after a moment of silence. I didn't even notice he had already sat down on the chair beside my bed. "Man, you're whipped." He continued, laughing at the end as if he found humor with what he said. I just glared at him, wondering why I became friends with him.

"Seriously, man. What's the real deal? I won't judge you if what you said earlier is true, but from the way you interact with each other, it's obvious that you both hate each other's guts." Mark said, all playfulness set aside.

I sighed. "Just as you said. There's really nothing going on between me and that guy. I went to his house with the intent to apologize. I didn't know that his friends would be there, especially Carter. And well, I'm not even sure how it happened, but we found ourselves on the bed with me on top of him.

"And, yeah, Carter pulled me away before I could taste Ashley's lips and I kinda said that we were together and he backed it up, which was probably a big mistake, considering his two girl friends told us that if they found out we were lying to them about us being together, they'll punish us. And from what Ashley told me earlier, I really don't want to experience whatever punishment they have in mind."

Mark was quiet when I talked, only nodding here and there to let me know that he was listening. We were both silent for a few minutes before Mark heaved a deep breath.

"So you're telling me that it's just for show?" The genuine confusion evident on my friend's face when he asked and I just nodded in response, running my hand through my hair in frustration before saying, "basically."

"But why?" I groaned at the question, sinking on the bed, if that were possible. "Don't ask me that. I don't even know what gotten into me to even say that. Well, maybe it was the fact that it was Carter and I wanted to see what he would react when the person he likes is dating me. And, man, was it priceless!"

"What about the whole school? You created an uproar earlier when you did that, you know. People are having doubts about you and shit like that. And have you thought about what it would do to Ashley? You made half the population of this school hate him."

"To be honest, I haven't thought of that. Teasing Ashley has always been the norm to me - except when I almost run him over." I muttered the last bit because Mark still didn't know about that incident. Until now that is.

"You did what?!" He exclaimed in horror, eyes wide. Mark stood up and started pacing the room. Damn it. Why did he have to hear that? "Dude, do you realize what you've just said? You sounded like it was fucking normal to run a person over! How come I never knew this?"

"Certainly, because I didn't want you on my tail."

"Dustin, be serious for a while. What did Ashley say? Did he press charges against you?"

"Dude, chill. Because of that incident that's why I'm in this mess right now."

"Well it's your fucking fault for being reckless. It's a good thing that Ashley is nice enough to not press charges against you or you probably wouldn't hear the end of it from your parents." I rolled my eyes at him, but didn't mind his concern. It was him, so it's okay.

"So, how will you continue this charade of yours?" He asked more calmly now as he sat back on his chair, looking at me expectantly and before I could answer, the door opened revealing Ashley. Mark and I looked at him and he went inside, not caring that someone is staring at him.

"So, how are you?" He asked when he got near me. I raised a brow at him, wondering what he's up to. He was just here not too long ago and now he's asking how I am again? Wait, how long exactly was I here?

Hmn... we went to school together and I dragged him towards first period, where Mr. whats-his-name scolded me and Ashley got pissed and attacked me and then I was here. So, how long? Damn, I hate maths.

"Hey, how long was I here anyway?" I couldn't help but ask as Ashley sat on the chair that Mark occupied not too long ago. Ashley looked at me like I grew a second head before rolling his eyes. "I'm gonna take out those eyes of yours if you roll them one more time." I threatened, but as usual, it didn't seem to faze Ashley.

"It's already lunchtime," was all he said and as if on cue, my stomach growled in protest. Man, I'm starved. I hadn't even realized I've been lounging here for three hours straight. I held my stomach as if it would ease my hunger. I didn't even realize that Mark had already slipped out of the office, leaving me and Ashley alone. My back still aches a bit, but I could manage as I went to the edge of the bed and put both my feet on the ground.

Ashley's eyes widened at what I was doing, making him come to me and held me back from standing up. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked, worry and irritation evident on his voice as he tried to make me lie down again, but I pried his hand away from me in annoyance. "I could ask you the same. I'm hungry, so if you don't want me to eat you, let me through."

Ashley was a bit taken aback, probably from the double meaning my words had. I smirked at his reaction, taking advantage of it as I pushed him away from me and successfully managed to stand up. Ashley was snapped out of his momentary relapse when I took a wobbly step forward and if it weren't for him, I'd have face planted on the floor.

The fuck? It's my back that got hit, but my feet feels numb. Ashley sighed noisily before aiding me back to sit on the bed. I glared at what he did and he returned it with his own, not in the least bit scared of what I would do to him. He is the only one who could actually glare at me without a care for his safety.

"What the fuck, fag?! I said I was hungry and I want to eat now!" I exclaimed in anger. Ashley rolled his eyes before grabbing his bag and rummaged through it. He took out three containers from his bag before placing it back on his chair. He opened the containers, revealing what looked like homemade food.

"What's that?" I asked even though it was obvious what it was and it was probably the stupidest question I asked when Ashley snorted and replied, "this is what you call food. And this, here, is a spoon and that one is a fork. Do you now know what it is?"

I glared at his sarcasm. "Quit the sarcasm, bitch. What I meant is what did you prepare, if you were even the one who prepared it?" I smirked at him and he huffed, taking one of the three containers. "For your information, Mr. Reggins, I prepare my own meals. Just because my sister is now crashing at my place, doesn't mean I depend on her. If I did, I'd have died a long time ago."

I frowned at what he said and took the container he offered. I looked down at the container and I saw baked mac with lots of cheese on top. He handed me a fork and I began eating. I watched as he took another container with the same food inside. The remaining container contained four sandwiches.

"You want a sandwich?" I heard Ashley ask, making me look at him. He was holding out a slice and I accepted it, taking a bite before placing it on the container I was holding. "What did you mean earlier?" I asked. I was curious on what he meant. The way he said what he said earlier seemed like he really would have died or something. Or am I just being nosy?

Ashley stopped mid chew and looked at me suspiciously. "Why?" He asked after swallowing. I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not even sure why I'm talking to him like we were friends. "Just curious with the way you said that felt like you're convinced you'd you know if you depend on your sister." I explained and he nodded.

"Nothing. We're not friends for me to talk about personal stuff with you." I glared at his reply. This damn brat. I was actually initiating a civil conversation and he brushed me off? Well, I could understand. I wouldn't want to talk about me to my enemy either. That'll just give them an advantage for hurting you and I've gone through enough.

"Why are you here?" I asked after a moment of silent eating. Damn it, I can't stand the silence! Especially if I'm still bothered with what Ashley said earlier. He took the empty container in my hand and placed it on the table beside the bed before handing me a bottled water.

"I told you, I felt guilty with what I did." He said nonchalantly as he returned the containers back in his bag. "Then what about the food you offered?" I asked again. I'm still not convinced with his actions. I don't trust him and I know he doesn't trust me as well.

"It was supposed to be Danny's and my lunch, but since shit happened in first period, making you end up here, I decided to let you have it as my way of apologizing." He explained before taking a sip of water from his own tumbler. I don't know why, but I was pissed when he said that the lunch was for Danny.

I discreetly glared at him when he said that, but then felt smug that because of what happened, I get to taste Ashley's homemade cooking. And, man, was it the best! But I won't admit that out loud, especially to him. We aren't close for me to compliment him in the open. I wish I could eat more of his cooking.

Wait, what am I thinking? Oh, whatever. It really did taste good.

"What about Carter?" I asked him, although truth be told, I really don't care about that guy. And we used to be best buds. Well, shit happens and we ain't friends anymore. He decided that the moment he chose this brat over our friendship. And I'm supposed to hate this guy for stealing my best friend away from me!

"Well, I said I'll just make it up to him. So, I told him I'll cook for him on Saturday at my house." Ashley said and for some unknown reason, it pissed me off that he invited Carter to have lunch with him. And cook for him to boot! Ugh. What the fuck is wrong with me?!

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Ashley asked, so I looked at him and saw worry swimming inside those icy blue eyes of his. I don't know what possessed me, but I grabbed hold of his wrist, making him lean towards me and I captured his lips in mine. I could feel him stiffen from my sudden action and I was also surprised by it, but I didn't let go of his lips.

I began moving my lips in his and he put his free hand on my chest with the intention of pushing me off, but he didn't. I bit on his lower lip, making him gasp and I wasted no time in shoving my tongue inside his mouth, exploring his wet cavern as I felt his hand gripped my clothed chest.

I let go of his hand and placed both my hands on his waist as he snaked his hands on my neck, kissing me back just as intensely. I pulled him close and deepened the kiss, making him moan. And as if the magic had ran out, Ashley pushed me away from him. We were both panting from lack of oxygen as silence engulfed us.

"Why did you do that?" Ashley asked, still catching his breath, glaring at me as he did so. I just looked at him, not even sure how to answer the question. Why, indeed? I shrugged my shoulders, assuming it was a safe answer but I assumed wrong, because I saw a stray tear fall from Ashley's ice blue eyes.

I was taken aback by the sudden emotion. I didn't expect him to react that way. "I hate you so much, Reggins!" He exclaimed hatefully. Mixed emotions swam inside his eyes and I didn't know what to do. Ashley grabbed his bag and ran out of the room.

I raked a hand through my hair, pulling it slightly in frustration. What the fuck did I do? Why'd he react like that with just a simple kiss? Don't tell me he... I stopped pulling my hair when realization dawned on me. A smug smile came dangling on my lips as I stared at the door, where Ashley ran out just a few minute ago.

Damn, I couldn't stop the smile from creeping. I'm actually feeling happy because I realized that I was Ashley's first kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.7K 21
Desperate for money, Christian Wallis is offered a job. To pretend date Neil Ericsson for 6 months for the money he needs. What motivates Neil Ericss...
3.5M 74.8K 37
The story is NOT edited; I apologize for the problem, but I shall edit it as soon as possible. Jasper Lucas is a shy, sweet and easily blushing, 17 y...
95.2K 1.7K 17
Riley Vazquez, the oldest of six, has endured a childhood of poverty and severe bullying. The only thing that helps him overcome these hardships is t...