The Secrets Series

By theredheadedscorpio

Secrets of the Council Return of the Secrets The Secrets Last Stand The Secrets Series follows the story of... More

Book 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 11

25 3 0
By theredheadedscorpio

The Secrets Last Stand

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"Dad we need to get moving. Finally got the info we needed. Vincent had a vision." I said, standing in dad's doorway. He sat up in bed and rubbed his face.

"Alright. What's up?" He asked, sleep still in his voice. I never really noticed his routines for when he got up in the morning, mostly because he was hidden in his room but he just sat on the edge of the bed, hands gripping the sheets, like he was trying to face some awful truth. He slept in just his jeans but once he finished with the sheets, he grabbed a shirt from the closet. Ralph always kept clothes here for when people just pop in like we keep doing. He grabbed his hair tie from the dresser and pulled back his shoulder length black hair. I never saw dad with his hair down.

"Hayden, what's up?" He said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, um. Vincent saw Malak and the Council talking. They plan on attacking in three days." I explained. He nodded.

"Then let's not disappoint." He said with a smile, pushing passed me. We walked down to the kitchen and he pulled the coffee out of the cabinet and started brewing a pot.

"I don't understand." I said.

"Look, they know Vincent has visions, I'm sure Kody told them. They knew Vincent would see it so they said three days. Which means they could show up in three days or they could show up in an hour. Get dressed we're leaving as soon as the coffees done."

About two hours later, we were at a big building with a lot of windows. I have no idea where we were so I looked to dad.

"This is the building you were in right before they erased your memories." I looked back at Vincent and he just shrugged. I didn't remember this place, even after my memories started coming back. I only saw faces, not surroundings.

"So what now?"

"I think we should lay low. Just for a few hours." Dad suggested. Great. I thought. Stuck in a car for hours.

"Wait, why don't we catch them off guard? Go in and attack now. They won't be expecting it." Vincent said, poking his head through the chairs. I looked over at dad and he shrugged.

"Alright, let's go."

:.Kody's Pov.:

Malak and I started walking to the Council Room when I thought I heard something. I stopped to hear better but I didn't hear it again.

"Kody, come on. We have to get going." Malak said, catching my attention. As I turned, I thought I saw something, but when I turned back, nothing was there.

"I must be going crazy." I said.

"Kody, get the lead out. Come on." Malak yelled again. I just sighed and followed Malak down the hall and around the corner. Malak pushed open a set of doors in front of us and we walked in. I was suddenly second-guessing my decision to come here.

"Hello, Kody. Malak. Welcome." Revela said, sitting in a big chair behind a high table. Novak sat on her right with the Light Council to her left. The Council for the Underworld sat to the right of Novak.

"Hello." I said, following behind Malak to stand in front of the table.

"The attack is upon us. Do you have any questions?" Novak asked. No one in this room was a day over thirty-five, but you could tell he was old. you could see it in his cold dark eyes. I looked over at Malak and he gave me that don't-you-dare-ask-or-I-will-kill-you glare. So I just shook my head.

"No, ma'am. We're just ready to fight." Malak answered. I just nodded. He was right, we were ready. He has been enhancing my powers almost every day since I started training. I didn't say anything, I just let Malak do the talking. He seemed to have everything under control.

Just as Revela was about to speak, someone smashed in the door. We all ducked down to see Hayden, Vincent, and dad walk through the rubble.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

I saw Kody standing with Malak and the Council and I can't help but feel betrayed. She wasn't supposed to be on their side, she's supposed to be on ours.

"Well, this is surprising. We were supposed to be ambushing you." Novak said, turning to face us.

"Yeah, well we didn't like that plan." I said as I threw fire in their direction. Kody looked shocked that I attacked but she didn't take long to recover herself. She hit us with a huge gust of wind and I will admit, she was strong. We all flew into the wall behind that was still standing and hit the ground hard, landing in the pile of rocks, glass, and dust. We found our bearings but were all caught with a guard on each arm.

"You see, we knew you knew about our little ambush so we kind of knew you were coming. I actually would have been really disappointed if you hadn't shown up." Revela said, gleefully. I so wanted to punch her in the face right now. I didn't remember before how all over beautiful she was. She had perfect light red, almost blonde hair that was pulled back into a braid and perfect pale skin with beautiful ice blue eyes to complete it all.

Novak on the other hand, was the opposite. He was not perfect in any stretch of the word. He had course, thick, wiry hair that was the darkest brown I had ever seen with the blackest eyes and skin that looked like he spent to long in a tanning bed.

"Alright, take them and put them in cells. Separate them. We don't need them plotting." The guards started pulling us out but all I could do was look at Kody. How could she do this?

:.Kody's Pov.:

I watched as they pulled my entire family away but I didn't care. I just cared about what Novak and Revela needed us to do.

"Revela, do you mind if I run and got a sweater? It's a little chilly in here." I asked. She simply nodded.

"Malak, why don't you go with her. I don't want the others attacking her." Novak suggested. Malak and I both nodded and he led me out of the room.

"Kody!" I heard someone yell as we reached the hallway. I turned to see Hayden fighting to get to me. She got free and ran to me, I backed behind Malak.

"Get back!" He yelled as the guards caught Hayden.

"Kody, please. Remember which side you're on. You don't belong with them. Think about me, about Vincent and Ian. Think about dad." She pleaded.

"Think about you? You three never believed in me, never trusted me. And Ian. He left. Malak believes in me and so does the Council."

"Kody, no. They are using you. They don't believe in you. We do." I pushed passed Malak but he stopped me.

"Yeah? Well you have a funny way of showing it." Malak started pulling me down the hall, away from Hayden.

"Come on, we have to get back." He said. I got to my room and found a hoodie. I pulled it over my head and sat down, straightening it out over my torso. This was almost over. The attack was upon us and as soon as the Council sees fit, they'll end this. Finally.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"This isn't happening." I said to myself as I paced my cell. Kody was officially one of them. I can't believe this. She was no longer on our side.

I didn't realize I was so tired as I sat down and basically passed out. I also didn't realize I was using a power I didn't even know I had. Dream Leaping. Mom's power.

I was suddenly with dad in a field. Mom was there.

"I have this dream every time I close my eyes." I heard dad say. I saw him stand in front of mom as she ate some food. She was on a picnic.

"That's why it seemed so hard for you to wake up this morning. You have to leave this." He just nods.

"You're Dream Leaping. The power you inherited from your mother. We need to figure out how to get your sister back on our side or we're all dead." Finally, he turned to face me.

"Dad, they have her completely brainwashed. I can't get through to her. I tried." He nodded.

"But Ian can. He always has. Go get him, he can help." I agreed and went to find Ian.

:.Kody's Pov.:

"Kody, come on. We need to get back." Malak was like a broken record. I got up and followed him back to the Council Room. I stayed silent for I knew my place. I wasn't as important as them, at least not yet.

"Kody, you do understand what we are doing here?" Revela asked. I looked up.

"Yes, ma'am. I do." I answered with a smile. She smiled back at me.

"We know it's a lot to ask you to be part of but we need to ask it. Are you sure you can do this?"

"It is a lot, Revela but I am sure I can handle it." I answered. We all began to talk.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

I woke up back in my cell and I felt like it took a lot out of me. I took a few deep breaths to collect myself. I stood as the door began to open.

"Hayden?" Ian said, poking his head in the room.

"I've never been so happy to see you." I said, walking out into the hall. I made sure there were no guards before going out to find dad.

"You were pretty vague before. What's going on?" He asked.

"Kody is with them. She used her powers on us." I answered, stopping to face him. I could see the pain this caused him. "We can still get her back, Ian. We just need to figure out how before she helps them kill us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 84 50
A teenage girl named Dreshna and her friend that's more like a sister to her, Storm have always had something to hide and everyone could tell. They h...
10.9K 268 26
Zoey Blake once had everything. A family, friends, boyfriends. She was a singer, popular, and liked by everyone. But that all changes in just a blink...
Unseen secrets By Mykayla

Mystery / Thriller

842 30 24
Amber Johnson is planning on spending her summer being lazy. Though that suddenly changes when her parents go to Colorado to take care of her grandfa...
46.9K 1.5K 33
**IF YOU DON'T READ BOOK ONE THIS ONE WON'T MAKE SENSE** Chrissie is back. Now twenty-one, Chrissie is raising her two cousins, Prec...