The Secrets Series

By theredheadedscorpio

Secrets of the Council Return of the Secrets The Secrets Last Stand The Secrets Series follows the story of... More

Book 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 2

29 3 0
By theredheadedscorpio

The Secrets Last Stand

:Hayden's Pov.:

"Dad, I know this. Do we really need to keep going over it?" I asked as my training continued. I have been training since I was allowed to move after my stitches were removed. Everything has been chaotic since. I train everyday, I have to make sure Kody is okay, and now I have to figure out answers to any question dad decides to throw at me. He started quizzing me and having to remember everything is a little hard.

"Yes Hayden. Now when the queen speaks to an audience, who is she generally speaking to?"

"She is generally speaking to the important part of Light Kingdom society because they are the ones who make the real decisions. Dad I know this stuff." I answered. I had no idea where he was taking me at the moment because it is different from our usual place.

"Dad, where are we?" I asked. He chuckled before answering.

"Well, since you do know everything there is, you now need to move on in your training." I was confused because he didn't say anything about any further training.

"Move on to what?" I asked, suddenly scared.

"Etiquette training." He answered. He led me into another room with a woman I've never met before. It was a room with three long tables and on one of them, there was three place settings as if for dinner. Dad dragged me over and sat me down at one of the settings before sitting down himself. I looked down and saw in front of me; two plates, one small and one large, a small bowl, a fork, spoon, and knife, and three drinking glasses.

"See where I'm from, it's two forks and one glass." The lady was not amused. I just hung my head down and awaited my instructions.

"Alright, the first glass is your water glass, that goes with the soup that is placed in the bowl. When the soup and water is finished, the bowl and glass are removed. Then, the second is filled with wine, which goes with dinner. Whatever the cook has made which usually gets run by you. Then the third is for dessert. That is what the small plate is for, The drink is usually hot lemonade." The lady went on and on. I paid attention as best I could and then it was finally over. Dad then took me back home.

When we got home, the first thing I did was kiss my boyfriend. After what happened with Ian, I tried to spend as much time with Vincent as I could.

"Hey, um, Kody came home. She's in her room." He said as he put his arm around me. I nodded and turned to go talk to my sister. I listened to dad and Vincent talk as I walked away. I knocked on her door but she didn't answer.

"Kody? Kody, it's Hayden. Can you please open the door?" When she didn't answer, I walked in. I saw that she was asleep on the floor in a pile of blankets. I walked over and fixed her blankets because they were twisted. I knew that she loved blankets and she hated it when they were twisted. I looked at her cheeks as I did and saw that they were a little rosy. A tall-tell sign she had been drinking. I took in a deep breath and counted to ten before releasing it. The whole reason we sent her there was because Ralph said he didn't have any alcohol.

"Ian was there." I heard Kody say from under the blankets. I sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest before waiting for her to continue. "I yelled at him. I couldn't believe how rude he was. I ran up to my room and manifested some whiskey. I knew I shouldn't have but I just wanted to be numb, just for a little while. Then I punched him." She finished. I then dropped my knees so I could lean forward and smiled.

"You punched him? How'd that go?" I asked. The Kody I knew wasn't so good at the fighting thing. I tried to teach her but it didn't work so well.

"He went down. I guess I can pack a good punch when I'm drunk." She laughed a little. She was way stronger than she ever gave herself credit for, then I ever gave her credit for. She just laid there with a blank look on her face.

"Kody, go to sleep. Sleep this off and we'll figure everything out in the morning." I said. She just nodded before rolling over and closing her eyes. I was at the door when I heard she was crying. I walked into the living room where Vincent and dad were still talking.

"Ian showed up at Ralph's today. I guess she hit him but she manifested a bottle of whiskey so she's pretty messed up. Vincent, I think I'm going to spend the night in her room." He just nodded and kissed me goodnight. I quickly took a shower and went to Kody's room. I found an extra blanket and pillow and quickly made me a bed before noticing Kody had fallen asleep. I just crawled under the covers and fell asleep myself.

:.Kody's Pov.:

When I finally woke the next morning, my head was pounding. I was also in a ball on the floor. I looked up and Hayden was awake on my bed, playing her game system. After the fire ruined our apartment when we first met dad, all but one of her games was destroyed. She wasn't happy so when I got control of my powers, I manifested some for her. Although dad said I'm not allowed to do that, he let her keep the games.

"Good morning, sunshine." Hayden said. I just covered my eyes and groaned. She started laughing at me and the sound was like a million church bells in my head.

"What time is it?" I asked. She set her game down and picked up her cell phone.

"It is a quarter after one. This is the latest you've slept in a long time." I just sat up slowly and dropped my head in my hands. It felt like it weighed like a thousand pounds.

"Yeah, well I haven't felt this lousy in a while. I mean, just seeing him was bad enough but the way he looked at me and the way he behaved towards me, it just...I didn't think I could hurt so bad. That one person could hurt me so bad." I finished as I stood up to leave.

"Um, little warning, dad's pissed." I guess I had that coming. He sent me away to stop drinking not to continue. As soon as I stepped into the dining room, the yelling started. Dad spent at least thirty minutes telling me that I let everyone down by basically killing myself. I told him I was sorry and that I wasn't going to drink anymore so he kind of laid off. When I got back to my room, I saw that Hayden was gone. So I tried to think of ways to beat the Council.

About an hour later, Hayden came in and told me that her and dad were leaving. They had some training to do so they left and this time, Vincent went with them so I was alone. I hadn't seen my adoptive parents since we've been back so I grabbed my keys and left.

When I got to the house, mom's car was in the driveway but dad's wasn't. I parked and went up to the door. I knocked and mom answered. She looked a little confused.

"Can I help you?" She asked. I was kind of shocked. She didn't recognize me? That's weird.

"You don't know me?" I said, quietly. She smiled a small smile before answering.

"No, I'm sorry, I don't. Should I?" I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"Uh, no I'm sorry. I must have the wrong house. Have a good day." I said before walking off the porch and into my car. I wasn't expecting that. I just started my car and drove off.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"Okay dad, I'm not doing this." I said as the three of us stood in the big empty room. I've been arguing with him for about ten minutes.

"Hayden, the queen throws a ball once a year for everyone in the Light Kingdom. You need to know how to dance properly." I looked up at my boyfriend.

"Did you know about this?" I asked. He shook his head. Finally, I just gave in, better to just get it over with than to argue. So I took Vincent's outstretched hand and dad explained to me what I had to do. I felt so clumsy because I've never done this before. Finally, I got the hang of it and we were spinning circles together.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I got home and tried to think how that could've happened. How she didn't recognize me. I needed to talk to dad. I got up from the kitchen table to go to my room when I noticed someone sitting on the couch.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I asked, backing toward my bedroom, where my familiars were on my nightstand. The man stood up and turned to face me. He was attractive with long black hair, and brown eyes, clearly demon. I was on the defense ready to attack if needed.

"My name is Malak. I am part of the Demon Council." He said. Suddenly, I understood, I needed to get out of here. I could attack but the chance that my powers are stronger is extremely small. So I threw my hand forward and a burst of air caused him to fall back into the television, breaking it. I saw that he was getting back up so I went to do it again.

"Stop!" He yelled. "I mean no harm. I just wish to speak with you." He finished, breathing hard. He stood up and brushed himself off.

"About what?" He closed his eyes and took a breath.

"About your little plan against us. It's not going to work. Now, tell me where your father is." He said. I knew he wanted something.

"Look, I don't even know where is is. And if I did, what makes you think I would tell you? You've already killed my mother, I'm not handing you my father too."

"I figured you'd say that." that's when I left, but not before he hit me with something.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Vincent and I were still dancing and laughing when Kody showed up, out of breath and scared. Now what? I thought. I love my sister but it was always something.

"Kody, what is it?" Dad asked. Then he turned to us. "You two, keep dancing." And we did but I didn't take my eyes off Kody as she explained what had happened. She was showing dad her arm and she looked panicked.

"Hayden, Vincent come over here." Dad yelled. Finally. I was dying to know what was going on. "Okay, she's saying that one of the Council members was at the apartment and he attacked her. Apparently he hit her arm but I didn't see anything. Malak is Novak's right hand man, he does everything for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who sent Loran out to kill us." I looked at Kody and sighed. It was always something.

"So what do we do?" I asked. Dad turned to me.

"We fight back. You two need to learn all of your powers. Let's go." He explained and we went to the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 1.8K 50
When a mother took her quadruplets away from their older siblings and father to never see them again. The four grow up not knowing anything about the...
257K 6.3K 21
Crystal Peters is the 'nerd' of the school. Everyone there bullies her: cutting, hitting, and words all come her way at Crystal prep. Ironic much. W...
69 3 14
Two boys with a strong hatred for each other start learning things about themselves and their friends.
21.9K 3.3K 53
With the Taylor mafia, now under new management, can the organisation withstand the ever changing underworld? And are they still top of their game? C...