The Secrets Series

By theredheadedscorpio

Secrets of the Council Return of the Secrets The Secrets Last Stand The Secrets Series follows the story of... More

Book 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 9

35 3 0
By theredheadedscorpio

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:

We were all in the kitchen and it seemed like all eyes were on me. I sat there with my phone in my hand as I dialed Ian's number. I hit the call button and placed the phone to my ear. I heard it ring a few times.

"This is Ian's cell. I'm not available. Leave a message..." I sighed and ended the call after leaving a message.

"Voice mail." I said quietly. Vincent stood up and Hayden put a hand on my shoulder. I set my phone down on the table and slowly stood up. I started for the door but dad stopped me.

"Kody, you can't give up. We just..."

"Why not? He obviously doesn't want to be found. He doesn't give a damn about us anymore, he doesn't care about...about me." I said before dad could say anything else. It's been days since he left and I needed to face the fact he may never come back.

"That's horseshit, Kody." I turned to see Lowery standing behind me. I was about to respond when he spoke up. "He still cares, he's just different. He's like two parts of one mind. We just need to get the one part back and I truly believe you're the only one who can." I turned fully to face him.

"You're putting this solely on my shoulders? Why? How is that fair? I can't do this. He's gone and there's nothing I can do to get him back." I said, grabbing my phone and pushing past him.

"Kody he's in love with you. Of course you're the one who can save him." Lowery responded. I shook my head as I felt tears falling down my face.

"I can't...No it's not..."

"Kody, he was going to propose. To you. You're the only one he loves more than himself. If anyone can do it, it's you. I know that sucks but it's true." Hayden interjected. I froze. Purpose? Ian? I can't believe it. I just shock my head and went to my room. I heard their protest but I didn't stop. I just walked into my room and closed the door. I stood there for a few minutes before I felt my legs give out and I sank to the floor, sinking to the floor, sobbing. How could he do this?

I pulled up my knees and wrapped my arms around them. I rested my head on my knees and tried to calm down. After about ten minutes of sitting there, my cheek was starting to hurt from being pressed against my knee cap so I picked up my head to lean my forehead down instead when my phone started ringing. I wasn't even going to look at it, but something told me I should. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and nearly had a heart attack. I quickly answered it.

"Ian?" I shot off the floor so fast it made my head spin. At first, I didn't hear anything on the other line, I was about to hang up when he finally spoke.

"Kody?" Just to hear his voice made everything better. I smiled even though it wasn't the Ian I love. He was different, even by the sound of his voice, I could tell.

"Ian, where are you? I've been worried." I asked. He didn't answer at first so I thought he hung up.

"You don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself. I'm a big boy now." I was speechless, he has never spoken to me like that, with such rudeness and attitude. "Look I just called because I know you're looking for me." He said.

"Great, tell me where you are and I'll come find you." I responded. I waited for what seemed like forever before he answered.

"I called you to tell you to stop. I'm not coming back." With that said, he hung up. No, he didn't. No. He loved me. Something in him was making him say these things. This wasn't like him. I thought about going back out and telling everyone what he just said, but I decided to just lay in bed and figure out where to go from here.

:.Ian's Pov.:

I hung up the phone and turned to face Loran. He nodded and walked back to the apartment he had me staying at. I can't believe I forgot how awesome this felt, how powerful, how free. Nothing was holding me back and I wasn't in that relationship anymore. I was truly happy.

"Ian, hurry before someone sees you." Loran yelled. When I followed him into the apartment, I didn't fully understand why he brought me here. Then I realized.

"Alright, Ian. You need to start using you super special demon powers." Loran positioned himself in front of me in a defensive pose.

"All I can do is read minds." I said, bored with what what we were doing. He just stood up straight and sighed with annoyance. I just rolled my eyes and dropped myself in the very same position he was just in.

"Alright, now Ian throw your hand out." He said. I hesitated a moment but did what he said. I threw my hand out and a fire ball flew towards him. He was prepared for it and moved to the side.

"Now every demon in the Underworld can do that. But you have a power different from everyone else. Think cold, ice cold and do the same thing." I was a little confused by his request but I did it. I thought of ice, the coldest ice and as I threw my hand forward, a ball of ice flew from my hand. I barely heard it shatter off the wall it hit.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I woke up and saw Hayden picking up through the broken computer parts, cleaning up.

"Hey, don't worry about that. I want to do it." I said in a sleepy voice. She simply turned and faced me, worry fixed into her expression. She had a garbage bag in her hand and she set it down next to the chair to sit on my bed.

"You've been asleep for a while. Mom and dad are pretty worried." She said. I grabbed my phone and it said it was Wednesday night. I feel asleep Tuesday afternoon. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sat up, realizing I still had all my clothes on. I stood up to go to the bag Ian never unpacked and found a gray t-shirt and jeans.

"Sorry I worried you guys." I said, no emotion in my voice. I quickly went to the bathroom and took a shower. When I was finished, I wrapped myself in an oversized towel and just stood in front of the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy from crying myself to sleep after Ian's phone call. I had very little color to my face, and my hair, even though it was still wet, was a mess. I brushed my teeth, got dressed and walked back to my room, still brushing my hair. I grabbed a hair tie and put it in a ponytail as I turned I saw Hayden still on my bed.

"You talked to him, didn't you?" She asked. I thought about lying to her but I decided against it. So I nodded.

"Yeah, I heard from him. I heard him loud and clear." I answered. She moved to where she was sitting on the bed.

"And?"

"And I was right." She stood up, her eyes widened.

"Meaning?" She asked. I knew it was a simple harmless question but I blew up anyway.

"Meaning I was right. He doesn't want anything to do with us anymore. He is gone and is not coming back. He left me. He's...he's...he's just..." I barely noticed Lowery come up behind me and wrap his arms around me. I started sobbing and felt my knees give out. I sank to the floor and cried as Lowery rocked me back and forth, trying to calm me down.

After about ten minutes, I finally calmed down enough so that Lowery was able to help me to my feet and over to the bed. I sat down and was finally aware that everyone was all standing in my room. Hayden and mom looked concerned while Vincent and dad just looked pissed.

"Is she alright?" Mom asked. I looked up as she looked over at Hayden.

"I don't know. I've never seen her like this. Ever." She answered. I just pulled away from Lowery and curled up on my bed, with my back against the wall. I just couldn't believe it. Ian was really and truly gone. And he wasn't coming back.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Watching Kody break down like that was a first for me. And I've known her pretty much my entire life. And Ian is the cause of this and that I can't believe. He wanted to marry her only a week ago and now he's gone. I saw mom and dad look at each other before leaving. Lowery right behind them. Vincent took my hand and I looked at him.

"One second." I told him before walking over to the bed. Kody had her knees pulled up with her arms wrapped around them. She had her head down and I could tell she was crying again. I put my hand on my sister's arm and she just turned her head to look at me.

"Seriously, are you alright? You're scaring me." She smiled or at least tried to. I handed her the tissue box from the nightstand and she wiped her face.

"And we all know how hard that is." She said. I smiled and thought of anything that would help, but I couldn't.

"It was like he was a different person." She started. "And if he hadn't said that he loved me only a few days ago, I don't think it would hurt so bad." Seeing her like this was definitely scary. Kody isn't one to show that she is hurting, so for her to be this, it must be bad.

:.Ian's Pov.:

"Come on man, you used to to awesome with this. What happened?" Loran asked me. The last few days we've been working on my powers. I've been struggling but he just keeps pushing me.

"Loran, you do understand I've spent a year with the humans? I haven't been doing any of this stuff. I need to relearn everything." I said down and tried to catch my breath.

"Well you have to learn quick. I need your help. That's why you're here."

"My help with what?" I asked.

"To overthrow the king, the queen, and their daughters."

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"We need to get her out of that room." Vincent said. I just looked up at my loving boyfriend and turned to fully face him.

"You think? But she won't. Not until she's ready."

"Ready for what?" We all turned to see Kody, showered and dressed, standing in the doorway. To say I was surprised is an extreme understatement.

"Kody?"

"Don't sound so shocked." She said before walking over to te fridge. She didn't seem to find what she wanted so she closed it before sitting down.

"Seriously? You manifested a beer?" Vincent asked. I was just as shocked. I was just glad mom and dad were meeting with some friends to reschedule the Rally. I don't think they'd be happy to see this even though we are twenty-four.

"Yeah, my powers are stronger. I actually get to keep what I manifest. Which reminds me. Here Hayden." She said, handing me a PSP with some games.

"Okay, don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for these but Kody, are you alright?" I asked.She drank most of her beer before turning to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Look I'm not going to get hung up on this. He's one guy." She said before getting up.

"Yeah, but Kody that one guy was the one guy that you were madly in love with. Kody, I could understand if you were dating this guy a few months but you've dating Ian for over a year. I'm your best friend, no scratch that, I'm your sister. I can see through you like glass." She barely batted an eye as I spoke. Finally, she just manifested another beer and chugged it before studying the bottle. Then she looked at me, no emotion on her face what so ever.

"There's nothing to see through and I'm not lying. I'm fine." With that, she went back to her room. I went to follow but she locked her door. I took deep breath and walked away. I hated when she shut people out. She does this every time she gets upset. When that girl Sarah from her job just decided she wasn't good enough to be her friend anymore, Kody shut everyone out and stopped talking for days. Even her family. I was ready to hurt the bitch.

"What the hell?" Vincent said. I just shrugged and sat back down.

"All I know is I hate seeing her like this. And I'm always the first to yell and cuss the guy out but..."

"It's Ian." Vincent interjected. I nodded.

"Yeah and he became like a brother, you know. And I saw her marrying him. We have to get him back, we just have to ." Vincent nodded and stood up. He walked over to the sink and froze. I looked at him confused as I watched the glass he grabbed start to fall. As if by impulse, I threw my hands up which stopped the glass from shattering into pieces on the floor. I tried not to be shocked and Vincent sensing that, did his best to stay calm so I didn't brake the glass. I slowly moved the glass up and Vincent put it on the counter. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until he did.

"Well that was awesome." He said.

"Yeah, but, uh, what was that?" I asked. He looked at me, shock on his face. "You froze and dropped the glass. Did you have another vision?" He nodded. I motioned for him to continue.

"I did have a vision, but it wasn't the past. It was the future." He explained.

"And what was it?" I asked. He took a deep breath before continuing.

"It was Ian. Killing you and Kody."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 3.3K 53
With the Taylor mafia, now under new management, can the organisation withstand the ever changing underworld? And are they still top of their game? C...
Unseen secrets By Mykayla

Mystery / Thriller

842 30 24
Amber Johnson is planning on spending her summer being lazy. Though that suddenly changes when her parents go to Colorado to take care of her grandfa...
257K 6.3K 21
Crystal Peters is the 'nerd' of the school. Everyone there bullies her: cutting, hitting, and words all come her way at Crystal prep. Ironic much. W...
10.8K 268 26
Zoey Blake once had everything. A family, friends, boyfriends. She was a singer, popular, and liked by everyone. But that all changes in just a blink...