The Secrets Series

By theredheadedscorpio

Secrets of the Council Return of the Secrets The Secrets Last Stand The Secrets Series follows the story of... More

Book 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Book 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 3

38 4 0
By theredheadedscorpio

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:

We waited impatiently for the guys to come out for what seemed like forever. Not knowing if they were okay, or even alive and the only sounds around us were the running car for if we needed a quick getaway and our breathing.

Finally, about ten minutes after we got in the car, the three came running out. No one seemed to be following them and we didn't care one way or another as we got out of the car and ran over to the guys, thankful that they were alright. I hugged Ian's neck as I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

"Thank God." I whispered as he tightened his grip on my waist. He quickly broke our embrace and looked at both of us.

"Are you two okay?" He asked. I looked at Hayden and nodded.

"Yeah, thanks to Hayden and whatever it was she did that flung that dude back." I answered. The guys looked at her, shock all over their faces although Davien didn't.

"Hayden, you what?" Vincent asked. She just looked at each of us and sighed.

"I don't know what happened. He was coming at us and I put my hands up and he went flying. It just happened." She explained.

"You have powers that you've learned to suppress." Davien said. The guys turned to face him, obviously forgetting he was even there.

"You said you would explain once we were safe. We're safe, now explain." Ian said. I looked at him and something hit me.

"Davien, you...I've met you before. Before this all started, I mean." I said. I remember sitting in a kitchen, exhausted, apologizing to him for yelling at him. He nodded.

"You know me. All four of you do. You just don't remember. Let's go back to your apartment and I'll explain everything." I nodded and we all got in the car and left.

"We're what?" I yelled, standing up, Ian quickly grabbing my wrist. Davien was explaining everything to us.

"Yes, Kody you're both my daughters." He said. I was a little shocked, okay more than a little. I looked at Hayden and stuttered.

"What about us? How do we fit into all this?" Ian asked. His grip moved down to my hand and pulled me to him. Davien sat back in his chair.

"You two were part of a group called the Renegades. You pretty much tried to overthrow me even though I pretty much raised you, Ian." He said. I looked back at Ian and he looked a little stunned. I didn't think he was capable of being part of something like that.

"Wait, wait, wait. Explain something to me. We are twin sisters? How is that even possible, Kody is a year older than me, we don't even have the same birthday." Hayden asked. I looked at Davien and sighed. This is crazy. Hayden and I are not sisters.

"I don't know how that worked out but I assure you, you are both twenty-four years old and are by blood, my twin daughters. Look, I can show you everything if you come with me." He explained, I looked at Ian and he looked at Vincent, who suddenly shot up.

"The girls are not going anywhere until Ian and I know you won't hurt them." He yelled.

"I promise I won't hurt them." Vincent went to protest further.

"I'll go with him." I volunteered standing up.

"Kody, no..."

"Ian please we have to trust this guy somehow. I'll go with him and I'm sure he'll bring me back." He seemed to think about this option. I knew he didn't like it the idea.

"Fine, but I'm going with you. " He finally said after a few minutes. I sighed and nodded. I knew there was no way he'd let me go alone, so I agreed to compromise.

"Okay, let's go." I said, looking at Davien. He nodded and put a hand on my shoulder and on Ian's.

I opened my eyes and suddenly we were in someone's living room. There was no television but there was a book sitting on the table. I stepped forward to look at it with Ian at my side. I remembered this room, I've been in this room. I reached the table and picked up the heavy book. It was a book about dogs. I've read this book before.

"Kody?" I turned to face Ian.

"I've been here before, Ian. I know it." I answered. He nodded.

"So have I."

"Kody, come with me, please. I have something to show you." Davien said. I forgot about him.

"Um, okay." I followed him down a hallway and into a bedroom. There were books and papers everywhere. I sat on the bed and saw two key chains, I began to fiddle with them as Davien handed me a notebook.

"What's this?" I asked. He just nodded toward the pages. I looked down and was surprised that the scribble on the paper was my handwriting. I sat there for a few minutes before looking up at Davien and Ian.

"I wrote this. I remember sitting in that chair, exhausted writing this. It's mine. But how do I not remember this?" I asked. Ian crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Davien who answered.

"Let's get back to Hayden and I'll explain what happened and why you don't remember anything."

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"Vincent, they've been gone a while." I said, pacing.

"Hayden, they've been gone about twenty minutes. That's not really a while." I stopped and glared at him. He just put his hands up and sat down. I started pacing again and I watched him shack his head.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He answered. I stopped and crossed my arms.

"No, Vincent, what?" He stood up and went to walk away. I went to go after him but I put my hands up and he went flying. He hit the dinner table and papers went everywhere as the table broke under his weight. He groaned as I ran up to help him.

"Vincent, shit. Are you alright?" I asked. He groaned again as I helped him up. "Babe, I'm so sorry." I helped him and he steadied himself.

"What the...hell...was that, Hayden?" He yelled. I started to fidget with my hands and chuckled. He didn't seem to find it funny.

"I don't know. It just happened."

"What the hell happened?" I heard. I turned to see Kody standing in the living room. She seemed some what shocked.

"Hayden threw me into the table. That's what." Vincent answered. I turned back to face Kody and picked at my nails.

"Hayden, I begged my mom for that table. That was a three thousand dollar Amish built table from my grandmother. Do you know how much that's going to cost to...wait, what do you mean she threw you? Vincent, you aren't exactly the smallest guy. I'm pretty sure you can take her if you tried." Kody asked, looking between the two of us. I turned to Vincent and he stepped forward.

"I mean I went to get some water, she said something, I turned in time to see her throw her hands up and next thing I know, I'm flying into your damn table."

"Vin, I said I was sorry. I don't know what happened."

"Wait, Vincent she flung you?" Ian asked and Vincent nodded. I saw realization cross Kody's face.

"Hayden, that's your power. You can move things with your mind." She explained. Vincent turned to face her.

"Excuse me?" Kody just looked at me as I just kept looking at Vincent.

"Everything he has told us is the truth. We can trust him. I just don't understand why we can't remember you or anything that happened last year." Davien stepped forward and suggested we all sit down.

:.Kody's Pov.:

"Okay, the Council did what?" I asked as Davien finished explained that happened.

"The Council wiped your memories clean and gave you false ones. You both saved your mother too. She's safe now because of you." I couldn't believe it, he was talking about demons and powers and it was really strange. I never believed in any of this, never gave one thought to it, or at least I thought I didn't.

"Kody are you alright? You look a little pale." I turned to see Ian's worried face looking back at me. I smiled.

"Yeah, I just need some water." I said, pointing to the kitchen. Just as Vincent stood up, a glass of water appeared in my hand. I was so stunned, I almost dropped it. I looked at Davien and he had a proud smile on his face like my father did when I learned how to ride a bike.

"Okay, that happened." I simply said, setting down the glass. "I apparently make things appear." I finished. I went back to grab it and it was gone.

"Your powers will get stronger with time. Just needs a little practice." I nodded and turned to see Ian had already made his way to the kitchen to get me more water. I smiled at looked over at Hayden and Vincent. Vincent had a blank look on his face like he wasn't even listening to anyone anymore.

"Vincent?" I said as Hayden looked over at him. She went to shake him out of his trance.

"No, don't touch him." Davien said. I looked from Hayden back to Vincent and wondered what was going on.

:.Vincent's Pov.:

All I remember was everything freezing and the picture began to fade, like the old hand-held games did when you turned them off. I looked around the darkness as a new picture began to appear.

"Ian do you understand I can't even talk to my real father. All I get is stories. You get to at least see yours." It was Ian, me and a few guys I barely recognize.

"Vincent my father killed my mother because he was a Seeker and she was on his list. I have no family. You at least have your mom." Ian said back. "I don't even remember mine. And I don't even get stories either. My dad wants nothing to do with me." The scene began to change again. I was standing outside a bedroom, Ian and Kody were smiling.

I heard Ian laughing. I turned to see him and Kody sitting in a bedroom, playing twenty questions.

"What? Seriously? That's your favorite smartass line?" He asked as she just nodded, laughing. I smiled as they continued playing going on to favorite books, movies, songs, and shows. I suddenly sensed movement on the front porch so ran downstairs and opened the door. It was Ian's dad.

The image changed once more to a kitchen. I was sitting at a table when suddenly Ian, Hayden and Davien ran in. I was shocked to see Hayden with Davien. I turned to Ian.

"Guys, where's my daughter?" Davien asked. I turned to answered saying she was upstairs but Ian pulled me back.

"Vincent, focus. Did you take her anywhere else in the house?" He asked me. I shook my head and the picture dissolved and I felt pressure on my arm. I shook my head and saw I was back in the living room finding the pressure on my arm was Hayden.

"Vinnie, are you alright? Hey, what's wrong?" She asked. I never let anyone call me that, but Hayden called me Vinnie sometimes and honestly, I kind of liked it. She was the only one.

"Nothing, I just don't know. One minute I'm talking to you guys then the next, I'm in a dark room talking to Ian and a few other guys about fathers." I answered. Davien didn't seem very phased, although Ian seemed a little shocked.

"But I don't even have a father. He left when I was young. Around the same time my mother died." He stated. I looked at Kody then back at Ian.

"Yeah about that. Apparently your mom was on some sort of Seeker list and he killed her."

"Okay too much. Davien where do we go from here?" Hayden asked. He took a deep breath before standing up.

"We just need to get back to my place and we'll go from there." We all nodded and stood at once.

"Oh Hayden. I need to warn you." Kody said. "There's no television. Which means no..."

"No video games?" I smiled slightly at the depression that crossed my girlfriends face. I quickly switched from amused to serious as she turned to face me. I put my arm around her shoulder and Davien took us all back to his place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 1.8K 50
When a mother took her quadruplets away from their older siblings and father to never see them again. The four grow up not knowing anything about the...
439K 12.1K 110
Talia has a lot of secrets, but her biggest secret she hopes nobody will ever find out. Her secret could put the people she loves most in danger. How...
257K 6.3K 21
Crystal Peters is the 'nerd' of the school. Everyone there bullies her: cutting, hitting, and words all come her way at Crystal prep. Ironic much. W...
72 1 1
Secrets of Destiny By Hannah Funk Love’s Strength Only Goes So Far… The wheels of change are finally turning after eighteen years of secrets while T...