The Trap I Fell For [Under Re...

Galing kay RainbowVoice

"Sometimes we fall in love blindly without even realizing that we're falling for a trap." Luhan is your typic... Higit pa

Foreword
Prologue?
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[11.1]
[11.2]
[12]
[12.1]
[12.2]
[13]
[13.1]
[13.2]
[14]
[14.1]
[15]
[15.1]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
IMPORTANT! [NOT AN UPDATE]
[37]
[38]
[39]
Is anybody still reading?
[40]

BaekYeol Special: "Shooting Star"

4.1K 193 82
Galing kay RainbowVoice

Song: Shooting Star by Hale

---
Baekhyun's PoV...

I got out of bed and had a good stretch like I always do. I combed my hair, washed my face and brushed my teeth. Looking at the calendar, my eyes widen. It's December 25.

It's December 25!!!!

Wondering why I'm so happy about it? Of course because it's Christamas and also because my mom seemed to have spared me from a marriage meeting. What marriage meeting? The thing is, my mom always sets me up on marriage meetings with sons of her collegue or friends during occasions like Christmas, Valentines and whatever crap my mom could come up with. Of course she knows about my sexual preference and she seems supportive. But still…

I went to the dining room to eat breakfast. When I got there, Luhan, Lay and Chen was eating breakfast. I sat on the opposite side where Luhan was sitting. "Merry Christmas morning, Baek." They greeted. "Hey, morning. Merry Christmas. What's for breakfast?" I asked while fixing my tea. "Bacon and eggs." Chen said before putting a spoonful of bacon in his mouth. I stared at Luhan. "He's still not talking?" I asked.Lay nodded.

Luhan hasn't been talking as much as he used to. When I talk to him, he only says as much as a 'yes', 'no', and 'okay'. It's like he's being cautious of his words, like he's afraid that something will slip out of his mouth that he doesn't want us to know about. He's been like this for, I don't know, a week?

I put my spoon and fork down and heaved a sigh. I turned to face him. "Luhan, why won't you say a single proper sentence?" I shot him a worrying look but he only stared at me. "Is there something you don't want me to know? You know, I won't force you if you don't want to tell me."

He looked confused. He looked over at me and asked "What? You don't know? It's all over the freaking the school's internet page." I raised my brows at his statement. "What is?" He shut his mouth as if regretting he said anything. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Lay, can I borrow your ipad?" I asked, still staring at him.

He passed me his ipad. I opened our school's page to know what's was happening. I click a link that says 'Awesome surprise for a special someone'. It led me to YouTube. I wait a little to let the video buffer before playing it. Lay and Chen scooted over to look at the video.

You know, if I was a cartoon, my jaw would have fallen to the ground minutes ago. I never expected Sehun to do something this sweet. This is the most unique surprise you could do to anyone! I've got to hand it to him, he sure knows how to court a person.

"Well, that was... Unexpected." I said, still looking at the ipad. Lay nodded in agreement. "He was... creative." He muttered. I looked at Luhan. "How come I didn't know about this?" I asked him. He shrugged and played with his food.

"Anyway, do you guys have plans for today?" I asked, changing topics. I wouldn't press if he doesn't want me to. Lay nodded while wiping the side of his lips. "Yeah, why?" I shook my head and said "Well, it's just that, I have nothing to do today. Like seriously, nothing. I was wondering if I could tag along with either one of you."

"Well, you can't tag along with me. I have a date." Lay informed while flashing a goofy smile. Luhan instantly furrowed his eyebrows and asked "Who?" Lay gave him a little squeeze. "You don't have to worry about me and be all protective. I can handle myself." Lay shot him a look and snarled. "I know that. Just tell me who it is." He pinched his nose and talked in a baby-ish way. "Awe, my brother is being protective towards me. How sweet."

I looked at Chen but he shook his head. "Sorry, I'm going somewhere." I pouted. "I have an idea!" Lay suddenly exclaimed. "Baek, why don't you tag along with Lulu instead? I'm sure he has something planned for himself, right Lu?"

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and scratched the back of his neck. "He can't. I... Uhm... Someone... A-asked me out." We all exchanged shocked glances and turned to the deer who was looking down at his plate. Lay placed a hand on his arm and shook him lightly. "Who!?" We asked. Well, more likely shouted.

He shrugged. "Who else?" I raised a brow. "Wait, you don't mean- It's Sehun, isn't it?" I asked. He nodded. Lay leaned back on his chair. "He's persistent. I approve." Luhan glared at him. "It's not your place to approve." He held his hands up in surrender and smiled teasingly. "I know, I know, just saying."

After breakfast I took an hour strolling around the garden. I spent an hour thinking what activities I could drown myself in. How was I supposed to spend the whole day productively? Okay, maybe not entirely productive but fun? You can't not have fun on Christmas.

I sat on a nearby bench and held my head in my hands. I don't know why but I feel as if there was nothing I could do to ease this boredom. It was then that my phone rang. I let it ring for a couple of times before picking up.

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the caller ID "Hey, you're sounding ever so bored. You have nothing to do, don't you?" I felt butterflies in my stomach as I listened to his voice, though I don't acknowledge that feeling very much. "What do you want that you felt so important that you had to call me?" I said briskly. His low voice filled my ears as he laughed at the other end of the line.

"You really never fail to amuse me, Baekkie." I smiled to myself. I just loved being praised. "And so do you, Channie. Now tell me, what is it you need that had you calling me?" I tapped a finger against the wooden arm of the bench. "Do you have anything to do today? Because if you don't, I'd like to take you somewhere." I almost shouted a yes when those words came out of his mouth. But of course being the diva that I am, I never let even the slightest flaw be turned into actions or simply be noticed.

"And where would that be, might I ask?" I asked. "First, I need your answer. Do you have or haven't got anything to do today?" He asked in a serious tone although there was a hint of amusement in it. My lips curved into a smile. "What if I said I haven't, then what?" His reply was fast and quick but was also straight to the point. "Wear anything that would reflect who you are and make sure you could move comfortably in it. I'll pick you up around seven." after that he hung up.

It took me the whole afternoon before I found clothes that would reflect my personality and can be comfortable at the same time. I'm me anyway so whose to complain how long I took? But I do wonder what hit Chanyeol to invite me out. He rarely does so.

It was around 2:30 in the afternoon when I finally finished preparing the clothes I was going to wear. After hearing my stomach grumble, I decided to grab a quick bite of... Well, anything I would find in the kitchen.

Rummaging through the contents of the fridge, I chose to settle on a left over squid. Which I loathe, might I add. I would've settled on anything else but unfortunately there's nothing but fried squid in here and I'm too lazy to make something.

After eating, I went back to my room and took a hot bath leisurely. I sat back on the tub and closed my eyes. I was thinking about the things that we could possibly do. But knowing Chanyeol it'd surely take me by surprise. I mean he's the guy who would choose to go to a science museum over going to a mall. But I'd always find it adorable anyway.

It's not like I'm saying I'm in love with him. I'm just... Amused. Maybe not entirely amused but I'm a hundred percent sure that what I'm feeling isn't love. What I feel towards him isn't love, maybe a tad bit of admiration. Okay, a crush. I'll settle for crush but that's as far as my feelings go. Wait, why am I explaining?

I stepped out of the tub and dried myself. I slipped in an emerald silk robe. Sitting in front of the mirror, I start putting fixing myself. I didn't do anything fancy to myself, I just put on eyeliner and I straightened my hair. I examine the clothes I picked. Before I could change my mind and waste another hour on picking my clothes, I slipped it on.

Since there's only an hour and a half left, I went downstairs to wait for him. On the way down I happened to come across Chen. He raised a brow at me. "I thought you said you didn't have plans?" I grinned at him and shrugged. "Last minute change of plans." He walked with me to the living room where Luhan was waiting.

I skimmed over his clothes. He was wearing a simple white polo with a black coat but left the two top buttons open exposing some skin. I smiled as I walked up to him. "Nice get up, I approve. Though I'm not sure if you dressed up to keep him away or to seduce him." I teased. He glared at me. "Who in the right mind would want to seduce that jerk?" I tap a finger on my chin pretending to think. "Hmm... Anyone in the right mind would want to seduce him." I said in an as-a-matter-of-factly tone.

He rolled his eyes and plopped down the couch. "That's not true." He mumbled. I crossed my arms across my chest. "Come on, Luhan. The guy looks like a freaking model! You're either blind or lying if you say he's not attractive." I retorted. Chen went up beside me and smiled mischievously at Luhan. He shoved his hands down his pockets. "I'd bet you a hundred bucks he wouldn't admit it. His ego's too big to admit the truth." I bit back a laugh. I jabbed him on the arm and said "I'd love to but if I took on that bet I'd lose. I know Lulu's ego would never confess to anything."

Luhan shot us a look. "Don't talk like I'm not here!" He snarled. We both rolled our eyes and plopped down beside him. Chen opened the TV and turned it to a music channel. "So what time is your dates coming? Lay left hours ago." Chen asked. Luhan shrugged and said "Around seven. Why?"

"It's nothing." He looked at me from head to toe. He was examining my clothes. "Why are you dressed like that? Where are you going?" I shrugged and focused on the TV. "Out. Why?" He raised a brow at me. "Out? Alone?" I shook my head. "I'm going with someone." He narrowed his eyes, kind of like what I do when I pry into his business. "With who?" he asked sounding like a strict mother accusing her son. I pretended to be oblivious. "What? Can't I go out on my own free will anymore?"

"Baek, there's your emerald engraved necklace that your father gave you. You never wear that unless its something important. I'm sure as hell that the person you're going with is really important to you for you to go to that extent." He stated. I looked down on my palms and bit my lip. "Of course he's important," I started. "He's the most important friend I had since I could remember." Chen rested his head on Luhan's shoulder while gazing at me. "Wait, you said 'he'. So it's a guy then? Who is it?" He asked.

I didn't say anything as I continued to seemingly inspect my nails. Chen looked at me wonderingly. And slowly he began to chuckle. Luhan and I looked at him confusedly. "Don't tell me it's..." My eyes widen at his realization. Seeing my reaction, he laughs. "It is him, isn't it? It's Lover boy!"

"He's not my lover! He's my best friend." I pouted and slumped deeper in my seat. He continued teasing me and Luhan looked confusedly at both of us. "What are you talking about? And Chen, how come you know something I don't?" He asked narrowing his eyes at both of us. He shrugged at Lulu's question. "Uh, because I'm smarter than you?" Luhan rolled his eyes but before he could say anything the maid interrupted.

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but you have visitors." she informed and quietly left afterwards. Luhan stood up and checked if he's ready. "Stop fidgeting, Luhan. You look amazing, now you just have to feel like it." The door knob twisted and we both turn to see his date. Both of us were surprised to see who came in the moment the door opened.

Chanyeol came in followed by Sehun. I stared at both of them. Chanyeol looked dashing in his simple white V-neck shirt, coat and fitted jeans. Semi-casual clothes look good on him. And Sehun looks striking in his three-piece suit.

Okay, I'm going to tell you guys something very important that I found confusing while I stared at both of them. They were talking and laughing as if they always did that. It's rare to see Sehun talk to other guys that isn't on the same social status as his. I really think Luhan did this to him. I mean ever since he and Luhan are kind of hanging out there's been this change on his attitude. The things that he doesn't do before, the good things, he does now.

Luhan smiled and hugged Chanyeol. He both greeted them 'Merry Christmas'. "Chanyeol, it's so nice to see you! What brings you here?" He asked, holding both of his hands. Chanyeol smiled at him and secretly scanned the room. His gaze landed on me and back to Luhan. "Merry Christmas to you too. I'm just picking up Baekhyun." Luhan looked at me over his shoulder before saying "He didn't tell me you two were going out. Well, he did tell me he was going out with someone tonight though he didn't mention it was you."

I swear, the way he said it sounded more like an accusation than a statement. It ticked me off, but I just curled my hands on my sides cause if I don't I might slap him. I smiled stiffly and said "It's because I wasn't so sure if he was coming. I mean, I haven't even agreed directly when he hung up on me." Before I could continue Chen cut in. "Are you guys going or are you just going to continue yapping like hounds?" he asked. Luhan glared daggers at him. I turn to look at him and raise a brow. "How about you? Aren't you going on a trip yourself?" He nodded. "I'm leaving in a bit." I took Chanyeol by the hand and said "Well, let's go. Come on Chanyeol."

Chanyeol led me outside to his car. "Since when did you have a car?" I asked the moment we stopped in front of it. From the looks of it, it's brand new. He opened the door for me and said "Questions later. We have a lot of time for that." I put my leather jacket on and went in. When he turned the engine on he glanced briefly at me and winked.

He drove for thirty minutes. We arrived in a place with a wide field not far from a white modern-styled building. He parked twenty ft. away from the building. "Channie, where are we?" He placed a white cloth on the hood. "We're at a sports club." he sat on the hood and patted the place beside him. I sat beside him and stared at the building. "What are we looking exactly?" He looked at his watch and said "It's almost time."

What came next sure shut me up. Then made me giggle. I watched as the lights dance to the beat of the music. The reason I giggled is because the lyrics of the songs are so freaking hilarious. The so-called Straight no chaser group is amazing. Their remakes of Christmas songs are so funny.

After the light show, I heard my stomach grumble. Chanyeol grinned at me and we both got in the car. "Where we going now?" He mildly glanced at me and smiled. "Somewhere only we know." I raised a brow at him. "I'm serious." He chuckled and took my hand in his. "Just away from the workaholic city but near enough to see its beauty." Taken by surprise of his sudden action, I turn away as I felt heat ran up my cheek.

He took me somewhere far from the city but close enough to gaze at its beautiful scenery. Just like what he said. The lights coming from the buildings look beautiful from afar. I stepped out and stretched my arms. I inhale the sweet scent of fresh air that you rarely get in the city. I shrugged my jacket off.

He put the cloth on the hood again and placed a basket in the middle. "I didn't realize that we're going to have a picnic." I said as I sat. He took out two paper plates and put pasta on it. "How did you know I love pasta?" I smiled. He grinned at me and pinched my cheek. "It was a lucky guess." After we ate, we placed all our trash inside the basket and put it away.

We are currently lying on our backs, stargazing. "It's been so long since I last saw this many stars." I murmured as I leaned on his shoulder. He leaned on me too and said "It's because the lights in the city are so bright that it sometimes outshines stars." He clasped my hand with his. Why is it that he always takes by surprise?

"Hey, can I ask you now?" He nodded. "Why do you have a new car?" I asked, turning my head so I could see him. He was still gazing at the stars when he answered. "My dad came back. He gave it to me." I sat up and looked at him. "Really? What did he say?" He languidly looked at me and caressed my cheek. "He wanted to work things out with my mom." I smiled at him. "I'm happy for you, Chanyeol. Your family will be whole again just like you wanted." He smiled at me and sat up.

We both looked up at the sky and rested in silence for a moment. That's when a shooting star passed by. "Look Channie, it's a shooting star!" I said. "Make a wish." He said as he closed his eyes. I closed my eyes and wish.

I wish something good will happen to me tonight.

I flutter my eyes open and saw him looking at me. "What?" I asked. He smiled, brushing a lock of hair from my face. "What did you wish for?" His touch sent shivers down my spine that caused me to quiver. I stared at him. There was something in his eyes that made them look darker. "I wished for something good to happen," He held my hand, interlocking them together. "What was yours?" I asked, tracing circles on his wrist. He paused, hesitating if he should answer. "I wished," he started. "I wished that the one I like would give me a kiss."

I continued to stare at him. I can feel my pulse getting faster. He used his knuckles to trace the curve of my cheek to my temple, then his fingers spread to comb through my hair. He inched closer, his hand settled on my neck. "Make my wish come true, Baekhyun." he murmured and pressed my mouth to his.

With no thought to place, to time, to position, I wrapped my arms around him. The kiss went deeper, his mouth open, urgent, as if he had waited all of his life for this moment. His tongue dove deeper to taste, to tease, and to tempt. I felt his fingers dug into my flesh.

Before things could get any more serious, his phone rang causing us to pull away from each other. He excused himself and answered the call. I, on the other hand, put my jacket on again and pressed my fingers to my eyes.

God, what in the world just happened? When I wish that something to happen to me I meant it like win a promo or get a car.

I went back inside the car to think. There's only one thing I want to do right now, and that is to bash my head on something hard until I get a reason from myself. A reason why I kissed him. I looked out the window when he got in. My heart was beating hard against my chest. I swear, I feel like I drank too much caffeine. I took deep breaths to steady myself.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me from my thoughts. Instinctively, I looked at him which I learned was a bad move because the moment we lock gazes something stirred in my blood. "U-uh. Yeah, I'm good." I clenched my fist on my lap to strain myself from the strong desire to touch him. "Are you sure? You look flushed." He was about to cup my face when I turned away. He started the engine and we let silence surround us.

Since I can't stand silence more than anything, I decided to ask him some questions while he was driving. "Hey, Channie. What's your father's name?" I asked out of the blue. He mildly glanced at me. "Park Chan Ji." I nod and looked out the window again. I tapped my finger on the window-sill. Park... I know I've heard that somewhere. Park... Chan Ji...

My eyes widen in realization. Park Chan Ji is the owner of Park food chains. From what I know, he's separated with his wife. I think he's the fifth richest man in NYC. I turned to Chanyeol, who in turn briefly glanced at me. "You're the son of the fifth richest man in the country." I mumbled. He glanced at me in confusion. "What?"

"You're the son of the fifth richest man in the countrty." I repeated but this time it was loud enough for him to hear clearly. He nodded. "You have a chance with Luhan now." I said, though I feel like I'm saying it more to myself that him. I don't know why but I felt a pang of jealousy when I said that.

He looked at me incredulously. "What are you talking about?" I don't really know why but I have this strong feeling of possession over him. I feel like a kid that doesn't want to share his candy. I feel pathetic. "Didn't you tell me before that you like Luhan? And you think that you don't stand a chance because he's rich and you're not. Well, now you do." I muttered but loud enough for him to hear. "What are you saying? I don't like Luhan. Well, I like him but only as a friend and not in the way you're implying." I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

He pulled up on the side of the road. "What are you doing? Why did you stop?" He removed his and my seatbelt and faced me. "Baekkie, look at me. Now." Reluctantly, I looked at him. He locked gazes with me and cupped my cheek. "Baekkie, I don't have special feelings for Luhan. He's like a brother to me." I wanted to turn away because staring at him makes me feel like Jell-O but he wouldn't let me.

"Why are you explaining to me?" I asked. He shook his head. "I just don't want you to get the wrong idea." I stared at his dark eyes, drowning in them. "I get it. You don't have to explain." He shook his head again. "You still don't believe me, do you?" I sighed. "I believe you. Why shouldn't I? I mean, it's clearly none of my-"

Before I can even finish, his lips crashed down to mine. Unlike the first one, this kiss is soft, gentle, and caring. I didn't know why but I found myself drowning in the kiss and taking in his scent. He took the kiss deeper. He traced his tongue on my lower lip asking for entrance. I complied. His hand curled on my neck as I wrapped my arms around him. His kiss was sincere and sensuous. I wish it lasted forever.

We both pulled away to catch our breaths. I shut my eyes tightly. Why did that happen again? Idiot, you love him. My subconscious rolled its eyes at me and I glared at it. Okay, I think I'm going insane. Is it normal to exchange looks with your subconscious? Please tell me it is...

"Baekkie, do you understand now?" My eyes shot open and instinctively landed on him. "Huh?" He gave me a quick peck on the lips and said "It's not Luhan I want." I swallowed the lump at my throat and tried to think clearly.

He turned on the engine. But before driving, he took my hand and placed a light kiss on the back of it. "I love you, Byun Baekhyun."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

81.5K 2.9K 30
Not all is as it seems. Oh Sehun is the Ice Prince. A man of routine. A boy with absolutely nothing to wish for. Fame, money, influence; he's got it...
1.6K 45 1
Luhan is a troubled kid. He never really had friends, but the two tha made up his whole world. Xiumin and Sehun had been with Luhan ever since they w...
11.2K 406 5
For Sehun, Luhan is just another student of Exeoul University, a boy with soft pink hair and pale skin who has never spoken a word to him. Until fate...
889 3 28
Description "I thought you love me, but I'm such a fool to believe in you" Xi Luhan is just a common student who has a huge crush in the most handso...