[39]

A/N
I'm pretty sure Luhan vaguely mentioned of his street racing crew waaay back
--------------------------------------

Luhan's PoV..

"Taking back what once was mine."

I merely raised a brow. He hasn't changed at all. He was still the same Oh Sehun I knew before. Two months had passed since he was gone yet it feels like as if he hadn't left at all. I pushed my thoughts aside and scoffed. "I don't recon you have anything here to reclaim." He only smiles as he looked at me. "Oh, I do Luhan. We both know I do."

"I have no knowledge of what you're pertaining to." I tried my best to avoid eye contact but that would make me seem affected. I stood my ground as he stepped closer, but not until he was blocked off by Joshua, a member of our crew. "What exactly do you want?" He asked cautiously as he stared down at Sehun. Sehun peeked at me before facing him. "I just want to talk to Luhan." I looked away when they turned to my direction.

"Hyung, do you want to talk to him?" I kept mum, not wanting to say anything. I want to so I can actually hit him for what he did to me but at the same time... I'm scared.

"He doesn't want to talk to you."

"He didn't say that. Luhan just please talk to me!"

"Oh fuck off! He doesn't want to deal with you." Joshua shoved Sehun, making him step back. Sehun, in return, did the same thing only harsher. "I want to hear it from him then!"

"Why not just race it off?"

Everyone quieted down and looked at the one who spoke. I shot Nate a confusing look. He smiled, amused by the situation unfolding in front of him. Pushing himself off of the hood of the car he was leaning on, he went towards Sehun. "Let's do it in a more civil way." He suggested. "Race against Luhan." Joshua scoffed at this. "That's stupid, Nate. As if he could even rise up to hyung's skills."

"You'll never know, he might pull it off with sheer will." Nate smiled. "Let's try it this way, race with Luhan. Win and you get the chance to talk to him but if you lose, you lose your car." He grins slyly as he gestures to the black Subaru BR-Z parked just behind the crowd. Sehun looked liked he's having second thoughts. I doubt he's willing to take the risk. The odds are not in his favor, he has higher chance of losing and he knows this.

"Well... What do you say?"

He looked hesitant. I wouldn't blame him though, after all, he's at a great disadvantage. I caught his eye and we exchanged looks, a small glint blooming in his as he held my gaze. My eyes softened as I remembered the small instances when he would look like this. The look of a free young boy with a hint of playfulness. I looked away and shook the naive thought off.

I don't even know which part of him is real.

He quickly turned to Nate, looking as if he made his resolve. "Deal. But aside from the talk, I get to ask one favor." They all turned to me after his statement, looking to see if I would agree. It did amaze me, however, that he is confident enough to think he can beat me. "Fine." I stared with a poker face. "Not like I'll lose anything."

"That settles it then." A wide grin was plastered on Nate's face. "To make it fair, I'll lend you my car since yours is not fit for the event. Plus our cars have trackers so we can see if both are on the right track." He opens the door and shows Sehun the walkie-talkie system we had built in all of our cars. "And this, we'll be using it to update you if, say, an obstacle arises. We'll inform you ahead of time. If you've gotten stranded or had been in an accident and is able to use it, please contact us immediately. Understood?" Sehun nods impatiently.