[16]

We arrived at school five minutes before the school bell rang. Baekhyun went straight to our classroom whereas I hurried to my locker and took the things I need. "Hey, Luhan." I turned around to face the person who spoke. He was smiling brightly at me. "Good morning, Tao." I said, closing my locker door.

"Why are you in such a rush?" He asked. I shrugged. "The bell's about to ring." He nodded and linked his arms with mine. "Come on, we'll be late if we don't hurry." He dragged me to our classroom. When we got there, all eyes fell on us.

Suho and Kris glared at us as we walk to our seats. They strutted towards us. Yes, strutted. Normally, you would just walk but these two are too obsessed with their popularity to just walk normally. "Hey, Tao." Kris sneered. "Since when did you start hanging out with wannabees?" Tao glared at them. "At least they're not sluts." He retorted. My brows shot up at their little fight. By now everyone's eyes were on us. I know it's wrong but I'm enjoying watching them fight. It's like... Like... Sluts gone wild.

"Kris, just stop. It's pointless to argue with wannabees." Suho said, looking at us like were some sort of disease. "And Tao, just talk to us when you climb back up the social ladder." I rolled my eyes at what he said. Social ladder? That's so petty! Since they started it why not make it more interesting? I smirked. "If I'm not wrong, aren't you on the bottom of the social ladder now considering Tao was the richest among you?" I asked innocently. They gaped at me in shock. Everyone laughed at my comeback.

"Uggh!!! This is not over!" Suho growled. I rolled my eyes at him again. "Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, whatever." They scurried off to their seats. Tao squeezed my hand and thanked me for standing up to them. "It's nothing. Anyway, we should get back to our seats. The teacher will arrive any minute now." I said. He smiled and went to his seat and so did I.

Chanyeol leaned close to me and whispered "Quite a scene you got yourself into." I snickered. "Well, you know my life. It's full of drama." his smile faded at what I said. He stared at me for a while before saying "If only you knew." I furrow my eyebrows. "What?" he shake his head. "It's nothing" I looked at him confusedly. I leaned back on my chair and stared at him. What did he mean by 'If only you knew'? Is there something I should know?

The teacher arrived a couple of minutes later and went over a series of topics. After an hour and a half, I was already yawning. I tried staying awake but the lesson is dozing me off. I was on the verge of closing my eyes when my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and read the message.

Ms. Hye Joon is such a bore! I think I dozed off half of the lesson! Zzz-.-''

-HZT

HZT? Maybe it's from Tao. Wait, but how did he get my number? My number is exclusive only to my family and friends. Huh, that's weird. I've got to give him credits for his ways of getting my number though.

After I replied, I turned my phone off. I don't want to get in trouble just because of hom.

A couple of hours passed and the bell rang. I gathered my things and went to the cafeteria. I went over to Baekhyun and Chanyeol's table. "Hey guys, what's up?" I greeted monotonously. Baek smirked at me. "Hey, Lulu. Where's your friend?" I arch a brow. "Friend?" Chanyeol chuckled and smiled at me. "He means Tao." I shook my head as I sat beside Baek. "What's so wrong about him?"

"What's so wrong about who?" Kai asked as he sat in the empty chair across mine. I turn to look at him. "Tao. What's so wrong about him?" he put on a thinking face and said "Tao? Many things. He's arrogant, mean, horrid, a hypocrite, a flirt, a backstabber, a slut-" He said sticking out a finger to each trait he mentioned. "Why do you hate him so much?" I asked them cutting Kai from his never ending list of why you should hate Tao. They looked at each other and then looked at me. I looked at all three of them. "What?"

"Are you really that oblivious?"

"Are you that stupid?"

"He's a horrid young man."

I furrowed my eyebrows at their questions. "Luhan, Chanyeol is right. Tao is a horrid slut! How can you not see that?" Baek pointed out. "Well, who knows? He might have changed." I said with a shrug. Kai shook his head and placed his hand on my arm. "Tao? Changed? Impossible. I've known him since God knows when, and let me tell you he doesn't change. And even if he does, it's not for the better." Baek nodded. "See? And besides he might be befriending you just to get close to Sehun." Chanyeol agreed by saying "He's right, Lu. Don't you find it suspicious that he just suddenly wants to become friends with you? Hell, he looks like a leech sucking up to you." I open my mouth for a reply when Tao suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Hi, Luhan~!" he said cheerily. I smiled at him. As to Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai, they kept silent and tried very hard on concentrating on their food even though I know they want to make him leave our table so bad. I eyed them before greeting Tao. "Hello, Tao." I greeted. He smiled at me. "Didn't you receive my text earlier? I said I'll join you in recess time." He said. I shook my head. "Sorry, I turned my phone off."

He nodded and turned to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "You're Baekhyun and Chanyeol, right?" They both looked at each other before nodding. "You look so cute together! No wonder there's been some rumors that are going on." Baek's eyes went wide. If I'm not wrong, he's just acting surprised but inside he's panicking maybe even pissed. "What rumors?" Tao looked surprised. "You don't know?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Would I be asking if I knew? You incorrigible twat." Tao's eyes furrowed in confusion. "What's a twat?" I sighed and said "Forgive her words. He grew up in England." Tao smiled. "You're from England? That's so cool! I have cousins there!" Before Tao could say something else her phone rang and she answered it. "Oh excuse me, I've got to take this call. See you later Luhan." with that, he left.

They all visibly relaxed when he left. Baek sighed heavily. "Well, that's a relief. But what was he saying about rumors going on?" Kai clasp his hands and leaned a little on the table. "Rumors are: you two are dating. And now Chanyeol is like a legendary geek or something. Oh and what's a 'twat'?"

"What!?" Baekhyun asked/shouted whereas Chanyeol didn't say anything or even look like he cared at all. All eyes turned to us. "His cat just died, sorry!" I said to the students who are looking at us. They all went back to what they were doing and Baek glared at me. "My cat just died? Really?" I shrugged and rested my chin on my hand. "What? That's all I could come up with and besides laughing will make you feel better. And Kai, twat is an English slang for stupid and obnoxious person." He was so pissed that he looked like a tiger that was going to bite me as he was leaning towards me. "There are rumors going on. And it's. ABOUT. ME! Do you think saying that 'my cat just died' would make me feel better?"

I held my hands up as if surrendering to him. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Jeez, man, calm down!" he glared at me one last time and huffed as he folded his arms across his chest. "Look, I didn't mean to-" I was cut off when someone said my name. "Hey, Luhan." Sehun said smiling at me. It's not his usual playful smile. It's just a simple, genuine smile.

"Uh... Hey?" I said awkwardly. "What do you need?" He shoved his hands inside his pockets casually. "I need to talk to you... In private." I looked at my friends. Baek's glare turned into a grin, Kai was looking confused, and Chanyeol stayed expressionless. I turn to looked at him. "Uh, yeah sure."

He walked off and I followed after him. After a few stops and turns, we arrive at an empty classroom. He closed the door after him. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I started. He stared at me intently before heaving a sigh. "I'm sorry for the things I have done the past day."

"Don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to Tao, he's the one you hurt, not me." He smiled genuinely again. "So... If I apologized to him, would you consider staying after school and meet me at the parking lot?" He asked coyly. Suprised at his sudden shyness, I gaped at him but quickly composed myself. I narrowed my eyes at him and contemplated on his offer.

"Fine."