[38]

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of the birds chirping just outside my window. I yawned and stretched my arms out, I rolled over to the other side and buried my face into the pillow. I sighed and just stayed there thinking of what I should do for the whole day. I didn't have a performance at Maehri's Club tonight. Or any other night, as a matter of fact, as long as she thinks I'm still not well enough.

My last performance didn't end too well. I fainted right after my dance which caused a bit of panic, specially to Maehri. The doctor said I collapsed due to over fatigue and adviced that I should take lots of rest and also to avoid over thinking too much. I paid it no mind though, I was fine. Really, I was. They're worrying over nothing.

I finally stood up and did my daily morning routine. After washing up and getting dressed, I decided to take a quick jog. I streched my muscles whilst walking on my way out. As I passed by the living room, a glint of something long forgotten had caught my attention. I stopped on my tracks and glanced at it. I made my way towards the table and picked it up.

It was the my phone. The one I haven't opened in almost more than a month. I wiped the screen, my finger hovering above the power button as I hesitated wether to open it or not. Slowly, I pressed down gently, watching the screen lit up. As it opened, hundreds of missed calls and messages popped up. I checked them and learned that most of them were from Kai. I didn't read the messages and just left them as they were. I plugged my earphones in and listened to music as I started jogging.

It had been thirty minutes since I started my daily morning run. I was only halfway than my usual distance when my phone rang. I stopped in my tracks, wiping the sweat from my forehead as I did. I pulled it out from my pocket and stared at the caller I.D.

Kai.

It rang a few times before I finally answered it. I took a deep breath, mustering up all my courage as I started "Hello?"

[[ S-Sehun?? ]]

"Hey, how are you?" I rasped, my throat feeling dry from the nervous feeling bubbling in my chest.

[[ You finally answered... ]] He breathed. [[ Where have you been?! I've been trying to contact you! There's been lots of things happening lately and-- Sehun you have to come back. ]]

"Kai, I though we already talked about this. I'm not-" I started but got cut off halfway.

[[ No, Sehun. It's different this time. You have to come back. ]]

"Why?" I asked, feeling slightly alarmed by the change in his tone of voice.

[[ It's-- Hard to explain. Just come back, Sehun. Before you regret everything. ]]

I stayed silent for a while, contemplating on what I should do next. I felt the weight in his words. I was sure my resolve of not coming back is clear but now that Kai said something I would regret is about to happen, my decision is starting to waver.

[[ Sehun? Are you still there? Hey, listen. You really have to come back, man. Everything here is just- ]]

"I'm coming." I muttered unconsciously. I clenched my fist as my heart ponded against my chest, feeling mixed emotions about what I jusy said.

[[ Really? ]] He said, sounding surprised and happy at the same time. I only hummed in response. [[ Hurry. Pack your things and be quick. Take whatever you need and head straight to the airport. I arranged everything. We- You need all the time that you can have. I'll see you when you get back. ]]

I ended the call, running back to my house as fast as I can. I don't know why but something in Kai's words made me worry. Like I was about to lose something important. I headed straight up to my room when I reached home. Taking out a backpack, I threw in the necessary things I will be needing. After I was finished I grabbed my things and headed out the house. But before I completely step out of the house, I looked back. I stared at the quiet scene in front of me, thinking if I'm doing the right thing.