[18]

Song: Baby, It's cold outside by Lady Antebellum

----

Three days have passed since Christmas Eve. I'm currently lounging on our soft and warm sofa in the living room. What do you usually do on a cold December morning? It's so boring that I'm so close to slitting my wrists. I wanted to watch a movie with Baekhyun but he said he wasn't feeling well.

I don't think he's getting enough sleep lately. If you saw how big his eye bags are you'll think that he idolizes Sylvester Stallone. Seriously, it's like he's working himself to his limits when he doesn't even do anything but stare at thin air. I wonder what happened...

I was channel surfing for the past thirty minutes and I couldn't find anything that was good enough to waste my time on. When I decided to turn off the television my dad waltz in. I stared at him as he skipped towards me, literally. He was skipping towards me like a little child. You know, sometimes I think my dad's growth is going backwards.

"What is it?" I asked. I know he's going to say something considering he doesn't do weird things when nothing interesting is happening. He gave me a toothy grin and clasped his hands behind his back. "I have a surprise for you." He sang cheerfully. Okay, surprises made by him are not good, seriously. I'll tell you why...

It started on my 7th birthday. I remember refusing to have a big celebration that my father suggested. Either way my dad, mom, Mr. Oh, Baek, Aunt Yoonhye, and a few of my friends held a small celebration at our house.

They decorated our dining room for the party. We had pasta that night. Me and my friends were talking when my mother called and gathered us around her. She held out an ice cream that serves as my cake since I told them I didn't want any and started singing happy birthday. After they sang I thanked them wholeheartedly.

I bent down to blow the candle. When I did my, father pushed the ice cream upwards so it would come in contact with my face. What he forgot was that it was frozen. You know how hard an ice cream gets when it's placed in the freezer, right? So yeah, the frozen ice cream came in contact with my face, but instead of scattering on my face it gave me a bloody nose. That was actually the start of why I hated suprises.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is it this time?" He pouted seeing my eyebrows drawn together. "Come on Luhan, it's not that bad. You'll like this surprise very much, I promise." I sighed. "Fine, just get on with it." Relief crossed his eyes as his lips curve up into a smile. He turned to the door and said "Come in."

Confusion clouded my emotion and I sat up straight. "Who is that?" I asked as I heard shuffling outside the door. He gave me a mischievous look. "Your second candidate fiancée." I gaped at him in shock and was immediately replaced with a scowl. "Wasn't he supposed to meet me like five days ago?" My dad raised his brows at me. "Didn't I tell you that he wasn't able to come due to his exams?" I frowned at him. "You didn't tell me anything." He opened his mouth but closed it again. "Oh. Anyway, have fun today. I've something to do at the office."

I watched him walked to the door. He stopped just a step away and was seemingly talking to someone. After exchanging words with the person on the other side of the door, he looked at me over his shoulder and smiled. When he left the room someone stepped in. A familiar face strode towards me with a smile.

I grinned and ran towards him. I wrapped my arms around him and in turn he swung me in a circular motion. When he stopped, we looked at each other and started to laugh. "Xiumin! It's been a long time since I last saw you!" He ruffled my hair. "Yeah, I know. I think I was around eight years old when we last saw each other."

We sat on the couch as we talked about what the other has been doing all this time. "I heard you took a course in business. You're really serious about taking over your family's company, huh?" I said. He nodded and flashed his ever so charming smile. "Yeah, I found out that I've the knack for it. And besides I'd inherit the company either way since I'm the first-born, that is, unless you choose Sehun."