[36]

A month has passed since Sehun left. This is a cliche thing to say but the school was lifeless without him. I don't know why, it just is. I don't know if it's just me but our school wasn't as active when he left. I'm pretty sure the basketball team wasn't. They nearly lost every game they've played without Sehun.

Graduation day is tomorrow. And I was graduating as first in our batch. The shocking thing is I almost came in second to Sehun. Suprising, right? Apparently he took the exams before he left and he aced them. If it weren't for his one month of absence he would've beat me. "Hey, Luhan!"

I looked at Chen and Lay. They rushed towards me and practically pulled me off my seat. "Come on we're going to be late!" I grabbed my bag before they completely dragged me out of my room. We ran to the car we were going to use. When we were settled, Lay sped off.

Today was their university's summer fest and their band, Hearts One Hundred, was going to perform for a whole hour. And Lay here dragged me along as one of their four vocals, Baekhyun included. I glanced at my wristwatch and frowned. "Guys, it's just 5:30 pm. We aren't performing till 7 in the evening." Chen rolled his eyes. "We still have to practice and there are still a lot of requests coming in so we have to check the songs." I nodded. I connected my phone to the car's sound system so we can listen to some songs that were requested.

We were all warming up our vocals when his phone rang. "Could you get that?" I grabbed the ringing phone and answered. "Hello, Lay's phone. Luhan speaking, how can I help?" Chen laughed, saying I sounded like an office person. I smacked him on the arm before turning my attention back to the call. I heard shuffling on the other end before someone finally spoke. "Oh, yeah... Uhm, please tell Lay that his band's performing time has been extended cause the performer after them pulled out? So they're performing from 7-9 pm. Yeah, thanks."

Before I could even reply the person hung up. "What was that about?" He asked, glancing briefly at me. "Our performance time was extended for an hour." I said, still processing the information in my head. He stopped the car suddenly making all of us jerk forward. I turned to him and gave him a quick slap on the back of his head. "What the hell?!" I shouted.

He looked at me in panic. "We haven't practiced enough songs to fill up two hours." I rolled my eyes at him. "Move, I'm driving. Contact the others so they can start practicing other songs."
------------

Hours passed and we frantically practiced songs non-stop before resting for five minutes. Baekhyun arrived a few minutes after we did earlier. He's the only one who is so energetic. I wonder what's up. I drank on the bottle I was holding when someone came in the room. "Hey guys, look who I found lurking outside." Kyungsoo said as he went inside. I saw Xiumin following him from behind.

He smiled and greeted everyone and when his eyes met mine his smile grew wider. I returned the gesture as I placed the bottle down a nearby table. He strides across the room and eveloped me into a hug. I hugged him back, laughing in the process.

"Hey, love birds! You might want to do all that somewhere private there are people trying to practice here!" Jeremy joked, twirling his drumstuck on one hand. I stuck my tongue out at him before turning my attention back to Xiumin. "So, how are you? You look tired." I asked as I cupped his face, tracing the dark circles under his eyes using my thumb. "Still handling this and that for the company. Dad is still out of it, you know since Sehun..."

I nodded in understanding. Nothing has been the same since Sehun left, specially thier father. They called off the search but their dad still worries about him, sometimes blaming himself for not paying attention to him. He realized a lot of things to be honest, things that would probably make Sehun cry out of joy if he heard them.