[40]

A/N

I'm alive?
-----------------------------

"Go on a date with me, Luhan."

My brows shot up in surprise, blinking a couple of times to absorb what he had just said. "What?" He leaned forward, his hands clasped together in front of him as he smiled. "I said, go on a date with me." I stared blankly at him before bursting into a fit of laughter. What a joke, go on a date with him? Is he even serious?

"Nice one, Oh Sehun." I chuckled before clicking my tongue. "Now tell me the favor you really wanted to ask." He look surprised at my words as he leaned back. "I'm serious, Lu. You thought I was joking?" He asked exasperated, seemingly offended at my reaction to what he said. I scoffed and shot him an incredulous look. "Serious? Are you crazy? You must be."

There was an awkward silence that loomed over us as he paused to reconsider my words. I took a deep breath and turned to face him. "Sehun, I am getting married two weeks from now. With your brother, no less. Do you know what you're asking from me, an engaged person?"

That should be able to change his mind. It was absurd of him to even suggest such a thing considering the position we're in. He nod his head in understanding however, his expression didn't falter like I expected. "Yes," he started. "I'm aware of such. But let me ask you Luhan, do you even love the person you're engaged with?" He looked at me straight in the eye with so much conviction that he made me speechless for the second time around.

"I-" before I could even reply, he cut me off. "Just one date, Lu." I noticed him close his eyes and swallow a lump in his throat before continuing. "Just one is all I'm asking for. The one last chance to prove to you that I'm serious about all of this. Please..."

"Fine, one date."

"Please Lu, just give me a chance! And I- what?" He looked at me with an astonished look. "W-what did you say?" I rolled my eyes at him. "I said yes. One date. Just one!" He broke out into a smile and stood up from his seat to hug me. "Thank you." He whispered. I only stayed tensed, not bothering to reciprocate the hug. "But you better keep your distance." I mumbled.

"Tomorrow, I'll pick you up around noon." He smiled charmingly, one that would send butterflies fluttering in your stomach. I looked away and nodded silently, trying to shake off my ridiculous thoughts.

I hope I don't regret agreeing to this.

---

I woke up early the next morning and went out for a much needed walk. Yesterday's turn of events surprisingly took a toll on me seeing at how it completely drained my energy. Who would've thought that the infamous Oh Sehun would come back to mess with me again. He should've stayed wherever hole he chose to hide in. He shouldn't have come back. He shouldn't be messing around like this again. And...

He shouldn't be stirring up my emotions like this.

I was already feeling better. Or at least I thought I was. But seeing him brought out unwanted feelings rising up in my chest. Emotions that seems to haunt my dreams, taunting me for my decisions.

"Hey." My thoughts got cut off as Baekhyun sat beside me. I gave him a nod as an acknowledgement. Silence fell upon us. Just sitting there and staring at the blooming flowers of the garden. "Did you... see him?" He mumbled quietly, fidgeting uncomfortably in his seat. I turned to him in confusion. "You knew that he came back...?"