The Vampire

By HiiPower_333

Jessy Volkov is the girl next door, the nice girl that everybody likes but one day everything changes. Everyt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 20

396 5 0
By HiiPower_333

When we arrived back home Kat eventually stopped talking about Dominic with after a few threats I gave. Dominic and I would share a few knowing glances once and a while. What happened last night got me confused, I don't know how to feel about it. I blame it on the blood lust that we were on but we both know it wasn't just that. I think we are both too confused to talk to each other about it so we pretend it didn't happen but Kat is always there to remind us.

The minute we stepped foot in the house Chester and Luke yelled at us for not taking them and for being so selfish.

I walked towards Alex and sweep her off her feet and embrace her tightly making her laugh with joy.

"I missed you" I spread kisses all over her cheeks.

"I missed you too!" She hugged me as tight as she could.

Alex and I went out to eat she talked nonstop about her training with Michael and how good she has gotten. I can see the happiness in her achivements making me smile at her.

"How about I take you out just you and me anywhere you want" I smiled down at her.

"Really?" Her eyes shine with brightness. "Can we go to the pancake bar?"

"For dinner?" I chuckled at her choice not at all surprise.

"Yeah can we?!" She grinned taking hold of my hand. "Can I bring Snow?" She said meaning she wants to bring her big white wolf inside a diner. I chuckled loving how she's so innocent and how perfect her little world is but at times I know that world she has created won't be enough and I'm scared to find out what would happen.

"As much as I love big Snow we can't bring her"

"But pancakes are her favourite too"

"Don't worry Alex I'll make special pancakes just for Snow" Michael sent me a wink making me smile.

We walked down the late afternoon breeze along the pathway taking our time to get to the restaurant. She talk to me about what I missed, she would skip and sway taking hold of my hand. She would find something interesting as we walk pass and I would find something new I would love about her everytime.

We walk along the path of a busy street filled with a lot of family in their little spot on the grass.

"Can I go see that dog?" Alex pointed at the tall dark Doberman.

"You have great eyes for beautiful animals they are my favourite" I smiled and nodded. "Go ahead" I trust her to not put herself in danger.

The animals are not what I would be worried about, they worship Alex if they could they would follow Alex around. It's the humans around, I don't trust them to be near Alex. I'm always paranoid that Alex would slip up when she's around humans and she would use her abilities and the humans would do anything to study such strange behaviour and try to contain control from it.

I look around taking a big breath of air trying to find a hint of a vampire or someone suspicious. Everyone in this park is either with a family playing around with their dogs or sitting down and reading while the sun beams down on them.

My eyes snapped on the person beside me taking me by surprised at how close he is. He had a blank expression in his face that told me he doesn't know what he is doing. He is medium height, with a greyish black hair, tan skin with wrinkles around his forehead. He wore jogging gear that he sweated on. Something about him made me alert and ready.

"Lincoln have a message for you" He said in the most emotionless voice I heard. It's like he's in some sort of spell.

The moment that word poped in my head all my senses heightened up alert for an attack

"What did you say?!" I half yelled not believing that for all these years Linocoln is going to contact me by hypnoticing a person to pass on his damn messege? "Where is he?" I command trying to snap him out of the spell he is in and put him into my spell but it wasn't working. Something is very wrong.

I look around trying to find him if he is around, I try to sense him or smell him but he's not around here.

"He said to stop killing his vampires or I'm going to start killing humans" He spoke so rebotically with so little face movement.

"Where is Lincoln?!" I moved towards him trying to control him.

"Starting now!"

Those two words made my heart jolt up to my throat before I could even fully understand his words. He ran for the road and threw himself on the coming truck. Everyone's laugh and joy died down the minute you hear the ripple of a crack that twist his neck in the most disgusting way. The motion of that caused everyone to start screaming. I spin around trying to focus on what to do, then I notice four people standing still with the same blank look. It was like the first death is some sort of trigger to them. Two women and men stood and one by one they killed themselves without a blink. Without hesitation, without emotions. They took a knife, jumped off a bridge, electrocuted and the worst one of all the person who turned the big mower and layed down infront of it until the sharp blades grind him into a mush.

I didn't think twice to run to Alex before she could speak I grab her by the waist and run out of the smell of blood and terror. I can hear both our hearts pounding, I knew she was looking back at the scene.

The park where it was filled with such happiness, such peacefulness and such innocence is tainted by Lincoln. He did this, he made innocent people die infront of their families. The chain reaction was shocking. I wanted to go back to the families and I wanted to take their pain away because for some reason I felt a heavy weight on my chest. Guilt. That's what I felt, I know this was Lincoln's doing but that manipulative bastard will find a way to make me feel guilty with the situation.

We arrived back in the house in no time. I slam the door open, the quietness was the first thing I heard but then I heard her cries. My heart completely broke at the sound. I kneeled down to plant her feet on the ground but I never let my arms let go of her.

"What's going on?" Michael and the others came.

They all look at us in concern as to why Alex is crying. I pull away and saw the horror in her eyes making me flinch away. I wiped away her tears trying to erace the pain.

"Don't cry please it's okay" I lied trying to make her feel better.

"Why did they do that?" She hiccupped.

As if sensing her pain a wolf in the distance came and Snow immediately rush towards her into the house. She bowed her head and nudge her side making her smile a little. I suddenly realized how innocent she really is, she's still a kid at heart and she knows so little about Lincoln or other bad vampires in the world. I didn't know wether that's bad or not.

"What happened?" Dominic spoke up.

"Your father happened" My voice leaked with venom and hate.

The three brothers was taken by surprised at what I said.

"He showed himself to you?" Luke questioned.

"No he hypnotised a human to give a messege to me." I pace back and forward.

I stopped suddenly noticing Alex standing there, I kneel down infront of her.

"Go outside with Snow for a minute please Alex" I kissed her little hands.

"Okay" She hesistated but went along with Snow.

"Well?" Chester sighed loudly always being the impatient one.

"What was the messege?" Dominic moved towards me.

Anger rose in me whenever I think about Lincoln and what happened.

"He said that if.....-

I trail suddenly realizing they don't have any clue that I'm the one killing all those vampires except Michael. As if he sense my panic because I froze Micheal shot me a knowing look like he could read my mind. He gave me a nod telling to continue on.

I squeezed my eyes together not liking the idea of all of them knowing because it makes it harder for me. It's hard not to feel bad for what I am doing. It's hard to watch the people that practically are my family to look at me in disgust.

I can feel everyone's eyes on me even Niki moved closer just in case she missed a word.

"He said if I keep killing his vampires he is going to start killing humans" I sighed through my nose.

"What? That doesn't make sense you haven't....Have you?" Kat looked at me suspiciously.

My silenece answered everyone's thoughts making all of their eyes widen slightly at the new information. They have been sharing a place with a vampire killer.

"Why?" Kat shook her head confused. "Oh my god I should have guessed it. All those training and you randomly disappearing days or even weeks without telling us. I thought you were out with a hot date" Her face twisted into a confused expression.

"She did it because of revenge" Dominic spoke.

My eyes snap to him surprised he got that with just looking at me figuring it out just like Michael. Michael was already suspicious with me leaving and not seen for days so he probably tracked me down and everything seem to fit.

"Didn't you?" His face didn't give off any expression. "To get back at my dad to pull him out from his hiding spot you are killing his vampires but no these aren't random vampires right?" He said like he is giving a lecture to his students. "No these vampires are the all time top killers the most vicious kind the type my dad loves" He chuckled humoressly.

"And your plan is working perfectly you made him climb out of his dark hole and into a more dangerous playing field. So now both of you is going to kill as much humans and vampires as you can until you reach other and one of you will end up dead am I right to the point here Jessy?" His tone became rough and his stoney expression twisted angrily.

Everyone can sense the tention in the air so they didn't say a word and let the conversation between us flow out.

"Very clever of you" I said emotionless trying to hold my panic.

I couldn't understand the anger he have I thought he hates his dad but then again that's his dad. Chester and Luke also comes into this situation. What if they tell their dad where I am? What if they would blind side me some how and tell Lincoln all my plans? What if they are not on my side at all? Because family is family.

"And you are not as clever as you think" He insulted. "You may plan every single step trying to get to Lincoln. You may already planed on how you are going to kill him but the most important question of all is why did he turn you? Nobody knows but him and I know he is planning something for you, something big because Lincoln never does anything without a purpose and you were his number one purpose." He walked up to me until I can feel the heat coming off him.

"So you got to ask yourself that one million dollar question why you? And when you find out what that is your whole plan will change"

 My curiousity perks up behind all his words. I knew he is right, I am forgetting what's the reason why he made me. The tone behind his words got to me, it's like he knows. Like he knows everything that's got to do with me.

"Do you know something I don't?" I accuse him.

"All I'm saying is-

"No you're not just giving me an advice like a worried friend, you're giving me hint of a crum of a clue behind all your words so tell me what are you hiding from me?" I clenched my jaw completely convince that he knows something.

The corner of his lips perked up making me almost growl in annoyance.

 "I know as much as you Jessy" He shrugged his face not giving off any clue.

I narrow my eyes at him not believing every ounce of words he just spilled.

"So what's your plan now?" Michael cleared his throat.

"You guys really should trust me more because I have something Lincoln doesn't" I smirk. "Everyone here is either against me or with me. I don't want to drag you to my fight you can choose to walk away but I'm just trusting all of you to keep what you heard a secret." I look at each of their faces waiting for them to say something.

Michael like I knew he would nodded and smiled , Kat did the same even though I can see the worry in her eyes.

"I'm in my old man was never a father" Chester nodded.

"So am I you are our family now" Luke agreed making my eyes soften.

"Family is family and there is nothing more important" Niki took me by surprise by speaking up.

My eyes landed on Dominic waiting for him to say something.

"Wasn't I always on your side?" He sighed a hint of a smile is place on his lips.

I almost let my guard down once again by him and his words but I didn't I kept a blank face and nodded pretending that I could trust him. I guess I have to risk trusting him.

"So what do you have that Lincoln will make his knees shake?" Kat beamed.

"A witch."

They all weren't expecting that to be answer concidering the look on their faces. Even Niki the girl that seem to walk through walls and know every single detail about almost everything is taken by surprise.

      ~~//~~//~~

I sat in the dark room of the bedroom on the side table. It's been a busy night for me tracking down Mr Evan Waltz and he did a good job creating security around his house. I can hear him pull down the driveway in his Lexus car. I hear his lightfoot steps climbing the stairs tiredly. I sat on the far corner of the room waiting for him to come and open the door.

In time he sighed heavily and began to undo his tie, I flick the lamp on beside me. He jumped up in defence seeing me.

"Hello Mr Waltz" I smiled uncrossing my legs to stand up.

His red face became instantly pale, he backed away from me looking around anxious like he's trying to find a weapon.

"Don't worry I took out all your traps in the house" I nodded to the other corner that is pilled up with silver wire dipped in vampire poison, trip wires, axes and guns.

"So you came here to finish me off? He took his tie as if the paleness in his skin would stop.

"No" I smiled walking up to him. "Like I said Evan you are my messenger."

"What-

I moved infront of him faster then he can react causing him to be trap under my gaze and I had him all in my control.

"I know you're one of the few vampires Lincoln meet up with once or twice which makes you an important person." I trace my finger on his face making him flinch. "You are my spy."

"No you can't spy on Lincoln without him knowing. It's impossible, I'm not going to get my head ripped out especially for you." He growled and was about to move but I held him trap as he stared into my eyes.

"You are going to do as I say. You will set up a meeting with Lincoln about me make it sound urgent and if he did agree you will flicker your lamp right here on and off 5 times, 5 hours before Lincoln comes. You will have no clue why you're doing it, you will forget I was never here and if he commands you to tell him you will have no memory of this day." I let my ablitiy take over hypnotising him with my powers.

I walk away towards the open window, I look over my shoulder finding him at the same spot frozen until I let him go.

"Make sure you succeed Mr Waltz because if not the next time I come around I wouldn't need to finish you off Lincoln would've beat me to it." I slightly smile seeing the fear in his eyes.

With that I jumped off the window and landed swiftly on the ground feeling it vibrate beneath me. I felt the cold wind rush around me as I ran by in full speed. The moment I enter through the woods every living animal and insects cower away, hid away and ran off out of my sight fearing the person who stepped foot into their  home.

I made back home and all I can do now is wait for Lincoln to show up. When he shows up everything that I planned, everything I dreamed of doing will be done in that moment. All the things I want to say to him and all the pain he gave me I want to give it all back to him. I know it's too easy for Lincoln to come along witht the meeting but I have to give it a try.

During the night I lay in bed trying to find sleep but my brain was fully awake and I wanted this to be all over. Did I really want to carry on with my life like this? A life of tracking down Lincoln trying to follow his foot prints. Finding about all the worst vampires in the world and killing them to get a reaction from Lincoln but to also get revenge for the innocent people they killed.

No matter what I do, every kill and every new information I get it's slowly breaking the person I once were when I thought it's all making me feel better. I do not want to be afraid anymore. I'm tired of feeling so much hate that I need to take it out on something. I feel alone and sad and yet I do not want to die.

"Jessy?" I heard Alex's voice infront of my doorway.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I look at her concern seeing her red glassy eyes telling me she was crying.

She ran into my arms before I could ask another question her body trembling under my arms. I lift her up and made her sit on my lap grabing her small frame face between my hands making her look at me.

"What's wrong Alex?" I wiped her tears confused.

She hiccupped trying to speak but instead she gave out a cry that can break me and my shield that kept people seeing my true emotions come crumbling down. She looked at me helplessly trying to seek answers.

"I had a dream my mom and dad they were dead...somebody murdered them" She sobbed into my arms. "Are they hurt? They might be hurt Jessy-

"No sweetie it's just a dream, they are okay" I cradle her back and forward trying to sooth her cries. "It's okay it was just a dream"

"Can we please see them now? I have a bad feeling I need to know they are safe" She pulled away sniffing looking at me pleadingly. "Please Jessy? My dream felt so real"

Looking at her right now I already knew I gave in the moment she asked me. I know how she felt, I know exactly how sad and mostly painfully to know your parents are out there not knowing their child is alive but in my situation is much harder and much painful that I would rather give up everything for Alex to make sure she will never feel the way I do. Nobody, no daughter should ever feel like they are disgusting and that they are just a filthy monster that they need to kill.

"Okay" I moved her hair away from her face. "Okay we'll go"

I got ready and moved quietly outside with Alex right by my side we ran through the midnight air. Our footsteps were barely heard  but our presence was enough for all the creatures of the night to hide back from our sight.

I can hear a few people out in the night their voices seemed troubled from miles away I can hear sirens ringing through the area. Something is very wrong and Alex sensed it too. We ran faster to the house but we didn't have to stand infront of her home to realized what is happening.

The fire climbed up the night sky setting it on fire from the colours, ashes began to crumble down into the ground. We stared at her home in shocked.

"We have to help them!" She yelled running up to the house.

I grabbed her arm bringing her to a halt, she snapped her head at me staring at me despair and desperation. Something is very wrong, there's something different in the air that I don't understand. It was like a big warning echoing through the air.

My eyes lingered everywhere seeing humans coming around in shock at what is happening. My eyes snapped to a dark figure almost like a shadow amoung us lingering in the background quietly. He stood there along with his black hood over his face. I stood up straight catching the smirk the formed his lips and that's when I knew who it is. He slowly push his hood off his head revealing that smug face.

I took a step forward but were yanked back by a hand trying to get my attention.

"Saved them Jessy! Please!" Alex cried.

For the first time in a long time I was face to face with Lincoln, I've been imaging this day for a long time to finally see the bastard. Here we standing a few meters away but to me it seemed like miles and he knew it. He knew I wouldn't choose him and leave Alex and her parents. He's giving me a choice to get my revenge that I've been waiting for a long time or to save her parents and save Alex from having to deal with the pain of losing them.

He is taunting me because he out smarted me, he predicted what my move is. I growled in frustration knowing not any fire fighters would get in that burning flame in time to save them.

"Alex stay here you hear me?" I looked at her ordering her. "Do not move in this spot. I will get your parents alright?" My soften seeing her eyes filled with unshed tears.

Where is Kat when you need her? I growled in frustration running towards the burning house. The fragile house seemed like it's about to crumbled collapsing onto us trapping us to our death. I ignored the burning sensation on my skin as I walked pass the burning doorway. I look around trying to listen for a heartbeat. All the sound was the crackling sound of a fire burning everything in sight. My lungs burned breathing in the deep black smoke trying to suffocate me.

I ran around the house listening for any sign of life here I stopped in my track seeing Mr Waltz ripped a part in pieces pilled up like some sort of trash. His head lay on top of his flesh and bones, his jaw ripped a part from his skull. My eyes wondered over to the bloody wall making gasp. His tongue nailed on the wall with the words saying 'No one gets to betray me' using Mr Waltz's blood for the letters.

All the anger felt like it's trying to explode in me. I knew it wouldn't work but I wanted to give it a shot a tiny hope that he will fall for it but of course he knew everything before it even happened.

"Damn it" I knock over the table near by sending it through the wall.

Then I heard it a weak beat of a heart that is barely heard. I rush towards the sound finding her dad lying on the floor his eyes closed as he try to breathe. I rush towards him and picked his up with my arms.

"My wife" He coughed.

I heard no heartbeat except his, I heard no breathing except his, I heard no other life alive except his. I look down on his in sympathy. I rush out the building that is already in ashes ignoring his weak protest. I ran to where Alex was and lay him gently on the grass.

"Where's my mom?" She run to her dad's side.

"Alex??" He blinked trying to get his eyes open. "It can't be" He coughed.

"Where's mommy?" She looked up with tears running down her face.

I took a deep breath of fresh air and run as fast as I can back inside the black smoke. I look around the house my eyes wondering over the broken place. My caught on the foot sticking out under all the woods. I grab each of them and threw them off her and saw her face down blood dripping off her head. I took her in my arms and rush out at the same time the house crumbled into a pile of broken woods and ashes.

I lay her beside her husband who is gasping for air desperately. I can hear the sirens coming closely but the loudest noise that seemed deafening to me is Alex's cry as she stare both of her parents laying on the floor fighting for their lives. She crawled over to her mom and shook her.

"Mom please wake up." She cried.

I didn't have to come close to her to know she already died 8 minutes ago. As I listen to her dad's breathing I could tell he was having a hard time. Even if he did make it he would be stuck in tubes and machines keeping him breathing or worst be in a coma. His lungs is too damaged to repair.

The moment I knew what was going to happen to them I wanted to take Alex away. Far away and try to make her forget. I don't want this pain to destroy who she is.

"I'm sorry-

"Save her Jessy!" Alex looked up at me for help. "Please" She looked over at her mom blinking away the tears.

"Alex she's been dead for 10 minutes I'm so sorry it won't work." I kneeled down infront of her not wanting her to hate me.

Then I felt it, the guilty feeling came back eating up my insides punishing me for what I have done. This guilt was like never before, it felt more painfully more then I can take. She sobbed loudly throwing her small body over her mom.

I looked over her dad and I knew I would end up regretting this. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to concentrate on what to do. This is the right thing to do right? To save him? My eyes flew open and stared at him in frustration like the last time I had to do this. I wanted to scream and break everything in sight because it's not right to decide on what to do with someone's life like this. 

"I can save your dad" I sighed finally making my decision.

"Save him" She nodded wiping away her tears trying to be strong.

I moved closer to her dad and lift his head and carefully move my lips towards his neck. My mouth widen feeling my gums stretched as my fangs extended longer. I pierce through his skin and pulled back when I heard his heart beat picking up and becoming stronger by the second.

"We need to go Alex" I sighed wiping my mouth.

"What about my mom?" Her eyes rimed with redness making her look more fragile then she is.

"I'll take care of it" I picked her up gently trying to force back all my emotions because right now Alex needs me. "Stay here" I ran towards the fire fighters who had no time to see me from my movement.

I didn't want it to be like this I didn't want to just drop her off like some dog being dropped off at vet. This wasn't right she deserves more then this, she deserves not to die like this. I place her on the ground knowing the ambulance is not far behind. Before the fire fighters saw me I dash out of there and head towards Alex.

I can already see the changes happening to her dad so we had to move fast. I garbbed hold of him and ran to the woods with Alex right beside me. We arrived in the safe house where Michael stood alarmed to find me carrying some guy wounded and clearly transforming into one of us.

"What the hell happened?" He asked in a calm tone.

"It's Alex's dad, there was a fire." I push pass him and ran to the basement where they kept new vampire chained up like what they did to Alex.

I put him on the mattress and the minute I did his body spasm, his muscles jolt every where making me remember exactly how it felt like. How the grinding pain of your bone felt and how every muscles in your body aches and all your insides burned like acid but the different was my transformation lasted for almost a week.

I saw Alex coming closer to her dad, I caught her wrist making her look up full of worry and sadness for him.

"Alex it's dangerous remember we have to wait for him to be ready then we will talk to him." I lift her up in my arms and envelop her tightly in my arms.

Her small fragile body shook with grief and sadness she wrapped her small arms around my neck crying on my shoulder. I look over at Michael and saw the understanding and sadness for Alex. Everyone in the house eventually heard the cries they came down curious.

Michael locked the iron door while I push past everyone staring at us in worry.

"Who's that guy?" Kat asked Michael.

"Alex's dad"

I heard them started talking wanting more information but my main focus was this little in my arms. I step foot in our back yard and sat down on the soft grass while she cry over her parents. There was no words that would make her feel better. I whistled for her wolf knowing she's just out there in the woods.

The pure white fur came into sight and like sensing the sadness from Alex she ran as fast as she can like a worried mother.

"Snow" Alex cried out in her small voice that sounded so lost like she did when I first brought her here.

As soon as she was in reach she jumped up and hug her around her neck. All the emotions that I bottled up came back smacking me right across the face. Staring at the little girl crying against her wolf the licked her tears away. I was the reason why this happened, this was all on me, every pain she felt is on me.

Alex crawled back to my lap with snow resting her head on Alex's legs. I brush her soft curles and hugged her from behind.

"You know I love you right?" I whispered  feeling moisture hit my eyes. "You're the only good that I see in my life. I promise to protect you and your dad and...I'm so sorry I couldn't save them both I...-

My voice was trailed when she twisted around and face me her small hands reached up and put it on either side of my face. From that moment she didn't look like a little girl anymore, she looked more mature and more understanding then the rest of us combined. 

"I know. I know how hard it was to turn my dad I understand and I don't blame you for anything" Her small hands trail my face making me smile that she's the only one who truly knows what I feel. "I could never-

"But it is my fault" I whispered hating myself even more.

I took her hands from my face and kiss her delicate hand that fitted onto mine and looked at her in the eyes not baring the thought of her hating me for this.

"Lincoln was the one who burned the house if it wasn't for me trying to get even with him this wouldn't have happened and I hurt the one person I never want to hurt so I don't blame you if you hate me because I do too." I whispered.  

 "Lincoln did this?" Her voice came out in a soft whisper.

 "Yes"

"That's right, Lincoln did this not you." She said sternly and it felt like our situation reverse when I was suppose to comfort her it changed and she ended up comforting me with her words. "He both hurt us, he hurts a lot of people doesn't he?" She whispered.

I press my lips together not wanting to taint her innocent mind but I knew she would know everything eventually. She will learn that this world isn't filled with just beautiful animals and nice people. She's a smart girl and I don't want her it out the hard way like I did.

"Yes" I sighed tucking her hair behind her ear. "He's a bad man and I'm trying to fix all the mistakes he has done and he doesn't like that"

"We are the good guys right? We are nothing like him right?" She looked at me curiousity almost afraid of my answer.

"You are anything you want to be and you are the good in this world that everybody needs to be. Anyone can be good or bad and I think everybody has a bit of both but not you." I smiled at her. "You're special you make people want to be just like you"

"Really?" I can see the sadness in her eyes fading.

"You make me want to be a better person" I nodded.

When I watch her with her wolf and other animals surrounding her and she would feed them with a handful of chopped fruits. I would see the love she has for every animal, she would worry about them when they hadn't come by. I would watch the joy she has with them it was like her own world those animals of hers will do anything for her. Their loyalty is worth any human or vampire combined. They can be dangerous, they can be unpredictable and they can be wild and untamed but they can also be trusted, be loving, they can be the one who protects you no matter what the cost because family to them means even if you turn your back on them they will never turn their back on you.

I saw that especially with that wolf always lingering beside her like a shadow ready to protect. I admire everything about that wolf and the way she would come running everytime Alex is near. It made me wish that I had somebody to look out for me like that. Then I would remember I am that wolf looking after her too and when I fail to take care of her it makes me feel not good enough.

It makes me feel weak.

                    ~~//~~//~~

I wrap the boxing gloves around my hands feeling the need to realise my anger out on something. I look up towards the forrest where Alex sat on a big branch with her wolf beside her talking. Then I saw Dominic coming out of the shadows behind her and taking a seat. I listened carefully having my ears open.

"I heard what happened Alex" Dominic spoke softly in a tone I never heard from him.

I watch them in the distance as Alex lean against Snow as she turn and look at Dominic.

"Do you want to go to our place again?" Dominic smiled. "We can take Snow with us this time"

"Really?" I can see the bond they have together the way Alex is looking up at Dominic.

They share some connection like what I have with Michael. She's looking at him the way I look at Michael for reassurance and guidance. Dominic touch her cheek softly bringing them to a place where Dominic made.

I turn my back from them getting ready to train once again. I punch the bag hanging off the hook imaging Lincoln. What would I have done if I followed him instead. Would I torture him the way I have done with the others. Would I keep him alive and ask all the questions I've been asking myself? Would I just rip his heart out and end it right there on the spot? Would I go with the plan Annabel and I worked with for a few weeks?

What would I do when I truly get the chance to face Lincoln?

Would I kill the father of Luke and Chester? Would I have the strength in me to kill Lincoln infront of Dominic?

These question caused me to growl making me punch harder ignoring the pain in my shoulders. Sweat coated over my body trying to keep me cool.

I hate all the questions and all the doubts.

My mind became clouded by images of Lincoln and I bringing back to the place where it all happened. I can smell the alcohol in the air that was used to clean the metal. I can feel the coldness of the steel on my skin. I can hear the beating of my heart. I can hear his footsteps and the plastic glove being snapped.

He stood over me like an eagle standing over a mice with his dark eyes that seem to be leading to a dark tunnel. I remember feeling scared and vulnerable at his gaze. I remember fearing his every movement. I remember the pain and the taste of my own blood rushing in my throat. I remember all his words.

"Jessy"

I spin around and didn't think twice and let my fist come flying over to the person who called my name. He caught my fist and spin me pulling me against his chest caging me with his arms. My breathing came out as a pant snapping out of my daze.

I smelt Dominic behind me holding me in a tight embrace.

"You saw Lincoln didn't you?" He drop his arms around me tilting his head.

I unwrap my gloves and toss them aside in frustration still feeling more angry then before.

"Yes" I mumbled walking to the tredmill hearing him follow closely.

"You want to talk about it?" His question threw me off guard.

"Since when are we the type of people that talked about our feelings?" I said emotionless.

"You're right" He shrugged. "It looked like you needed to talk about it before you break all the gym equipment again." He smirk amused.

The heaviness on my chest never fade away it was an iron fist trying to push deeper into me. I wanted to crouch over and stay like that for a whole day trying to figure out how to stop the pain.

"You told me once you train to be better but to me it seems like you're just wanting to hurt yourself. Teaching yourself a lesson" He looked at me in curiousity.

"Everyone always wants to be better right? I'm teaching myself to be deciplined."

"No.." He trail coming closer to me making me hop off the tredmill making me feel more frustrated. "You're punishing yourself"

I froze in the spot clenching my jaw the weight on my chest suddenly felt like a burning feeling instead of the heaviness. The pain became more unbearable and I couldn't understand it. I wanted to scream at him and tell him he knows nothing about me but it seems like he knows more then I thought he does.

"Because I let him get away!" I turn to the punching bag not caring about the boxing glove to protect my knuckles.

My knuckles met the hard surface of the bag feeling my skin break and my bones vibrate painfully in me. I wanted to feel another pain other then the pain in my chest.

"Because I was weak! Because I let innocent people die! Because Lincoln will always be lurking in my mind haunting me! Because no matter what I will never be strong enough! Because he made me like this!"

With each punch I swing my fist harder and harder even though I heard the crack of knuckles breaking. The blood staining the punching bag I kept going picturing his face with each punch. As my fist was about to hit the bag once again instead his hand shot across and block the hit closing his palms around my fist.

"Stop that" Dominic looked at me shock.

I breathe in and out trying to control as much emotions as I can but facing Dominic now when I know he can see through my mask so easily there was no point. He saw the weak girl infront of him the same girl back when I was human. Useless and weak.

"Stop it Jessy" His eyes blazing bright. "Stop this because you are slowly breaking the person you are I can see it."

I try to pull my fist out of his hand but his grip tighten on it. He pull me close looking down at my bleeding hands. His fingers trace the delicate bruising on my knuckles making me shiver feeling his fingers glide softly like a feather in the wind.

My eyes soften my heart beating back to normal feeling my breathing coming back to normal. I stare at him watching as he trace my hand with his not understanding his actions.

"You will destroy yourself for a peace of mind you been trying to get." His words hit me like a knife heading towards my face.

He spoke his words like he understood, like he knows and understands me. He holds my hand like he care, he stare at me with no hint of emotion but his actions gave everything away. He stands infront of me like a friend caring for a friend but we never are.

"Stop because we both know this is just the beginning of Lincoln's attack"

"Are you asking me to just let it go?" I took my hand away from his hold. "Are asking me to stop destroying myself when he already have done that for me? He took away my life, he made me feel weak, afraid. He made me feel trapped." This cripple anger made my throat ache causing my eyes to blurr blinking away the tears. "I'm tired of being like this"

I caught him moving closer to me making me inch back away from him. I hate myself for crying infront of him but I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I hate myself for letting Lincoln change the person who I was trying to hold onto.

"Okay" He nodded stepping forward grabing both my shoulders to keep me still. It was like he finally understood my anger and he accepts it. "Okay then I'll be here" His words calmed looking at him in surprise.

"Why?" My eyebrows came together not really understanding him. From day one I can never understand him.

"Didn't I say to you before only a fool would go against you" He smirk. "So what's the plan on killing the king?" He dropped his hands.

"He is no king of mine and he will die as a filthy monster as he is. He will die a painful death by making him frozen in his own body" I smrik.

"And how will you do that?" He frowned.

"With a little magic"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 49 18
A vampire girl, tortured by other vampires while she was still a human, runs away and decides to join Vampire Hunters' Agency to get her revenge on a...
6K 323 34
Valentina , a naive 18 year old sweet girl ,loves to help people ,extremely empathetic. Raised by a single mother ,she is unaware of a lot of not so...
1.4K 133 13
Hey guys, what up? This is just some book I thought you might like. tell me what you think and so on. Hope you like it...
Murderous Intent By Brooke

Mystery / Thriller

613 272 22
Jessica Volkov is a Japanese-American girl who was adopted by Ukrainian immigrants. She was raised in a dysfunctional family because her father was e...