The Bad Boy In Pajamas

By magictricks

Join Chase and Carli in their quirky journey towards discovering themselves and each other. More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas
Chapter 2: You Didn't Just Quote A Carly Rae Jepsen Song
Chapter 3: Out Of The Frying Pan, Into The Fire
Chapter 4: Your Audacious Bawdiness Undoubtedly Scarred Me For Life
Chapter 5: This Isn't A Cheesy Chick Flick, This Is Real life
Chapter 6: I See Sparks Fly, And No I'm Not Quoting Taylor Swift
Chapter 7: What You're Saying Is Utterly Impossible
Chapter 8: And We Danced All Night In The Best Party Ever, Or Not
Chapter 9: I Think That Being Sweet Is An Unwritten Rule Of Being A Bad Boy
Chapter 10: How He Could Act So Sweet and Annoying Remains An Enigma
Chapter 11: I Don't Think Being Made Of Plastic Is Fantastic
Chapter 12: My Mother Is Hulk In Disguise
Chapter 12.5: The Hottest Guy In America Just Offered To Read Me A Bedtime Story
Chapter 13: Like The Same Sides Of A Magnet, We Don't Attract
Chapter 14: Because Life Is Such A Sucker For Ruining Moments
Chapter 15: A Mixture Of "Exciting" And "Scary"
Chapter 16: Like a Bombshell That Could Wipe Out America
Chapter 17: Browsing Through My Diaper Days Wasn't Part of the Plan
Chapter 18: Angry Fangirls Are After Me, Wow I'm Flattered
Chapter 19: Someone Forgot To Tell Me This Was A Reunion
Chapter 20: Chase Hayden Is Secretly A Love Doctor
Chapter 21: Welcome To The Tragic Universe That Is My Life
Chapter 22: I Don't Like It When People Trespass My Territory
Chapter 23: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 24: Of Heartbreaks and Revelations
Chapter 25: The Tension Is Real And I Want To Deny It
Chapter 26: Maybe One Day, But Not Now
Chapter 27: A Twinge Of Something Foreign
Chapter 28: Chase Hayden aka The King Of Mixed Signals
Chapter 29: Love Notes And New Admirers
Chapter 30: We Were Both Twelve When I First Saw You
Chapter 31: Oblivious To The Obvious
Chapter 32: Some Kind Of Wonderful
Chapter 33: What A Perfect Way To Start A Love Story
Chapter 33.5: No More Annoying Chase In The House
Chapter 34: He Brings Out My Flirty Side
Chapter 35: Since You And I Happened
Chapter 36: From One Bad Luck To Another
Chapter 37: Of Reconciliations And Suspicions
Chapter 38: A Gentleman's Grand Gesture
Chapter 39: Homecoming, And A Lot More
Epilogue
Some Random Stuff
QUESTION/SURVEY
TNT Katropa Favorite Finalist
News! News! News!
Bonus Chapter: Their First Meeting

Chapter 11.5: He's More Annoying Than Those Ads On YouTube

505K 15.9K 7K
By magictricks

Chapter 11.5: He's More Annoying Than Those Ads On YouTube

"Oh my gosh, have you seen Laura Scoffey's dress today? She looks 18 going 50 in it."

"Yeah, that was like, so totes inappropes! I mean, are polka dots still a thing?"

"Totally. She looks like a walking travesty."

"Yeah, even my grandma wouldn't wear that kind of outfit!"

An eruption of giggles coming from the cheerleading squad followed suit.   These girls were unbelievably shallow. That remark wasn't even hilarious to say the least.

Man, they would definitely give the stars of Mean Girls a run for their money. They make fun of other people like it's the most normal thing to do. It's kind of weird and unnerving to think how they find absolute pleasure in making other people's lives miserable.

My hunch was right: sitting with them wasn't a good idea. Every second was dreadful. It seemed like hours had passed when in fact, 30 minutes had only been spent.

I looked around the table and it seemed like I was the only one who wasn't enjoying every bits of lunch period. Man,even Gwen was having the time of her life, what with Ken beside her.

I absentmindedly picked on my burger as the cheerful talking continued. My mind was bugged with confusion on how almost every other student here badly wants to sit with this crew. They were just snotty rich kids who were all about superficiality anyways. Nothing special.

"You wanna come over tonight? My parents are out of town," a low flirty voice caught my attention. I quickly realized it was Ashley Evans, who, by great luck (note my massive sarcasm) was seated beside me, talking to Chase Hayden.

"I'll think about it," was Chase's response. I almost let out a snicker. Poor Ashley. Chase sure as hell sounded very... uninterested.

"Oh come on, please?" Ashley whispered again. "I bought new thongs just for tonight," she added sounding a little desperate. I held back a snort. I have to say, that was a bit low, even for her.

"Hmm," Chase seemed to reconsider. "I'd like to see those."

Ashley giggled excitedly, like she's just been given a Nobel Prize for Sluttiness. "Ooh, I'm pretty sure you'll love them! They're very sexy," she said, prolonging the last part so it almost sounded like sex-eeh. Uh, gross much?

I could see Chase smirk in my periphery, like the idea seemed to appeal to him. Such a man-slut, this guy. "You never fail to amaze me," he told Ashley flirtatiously. I couldn't hold back my annoyance so I made an exasperated eyeroll. These two are very effective in making me sick. How they could carelessly talk about their sleeping arrangements in public, I have no idea.

To my absolute horror, the two began making out beside me, causing the awkwardness I felt rise to a level one thousand. I suddenly felt like a third-wheeler. The puckering and kissing sounds they were making made my stomach churn. I resisted the urge to run to the nearest trash bin and throw up the remnants of my lunch.

I looked at Zach, hoping to get some conversation or anything that could just get me out of this awkward position. But he was too busy laughing along with his mates, talking about basketball and other guy things I can't relate to. Knowing I had no possible way out, I rested my back on my seat and just tried to hopefully ignore the disturbance taking place beside me.

The two of them pulled away at last - thank God - after an eternity, making me heave a long sigh of relief. I doubted I could still hold my lunch for a minute there.

"Oh my gosh!" Jenny, one of the bitchy cheerleaders squeaked, startling me. "Ashley! Major fashion faux pas!"

This was probably one of their cheerleader-codes because Ashley seemed to understand immediately. She gasped incredulously like she's just been given a death sentence. "Oh my goodness! Where?" She frantically gestured, her hands flying to the air as she spoke.

Jenny, who looked like she's seen a ghost, pointed to her lips and handed Ashley a small glittery mirror. After seeing her reflection, Ashley squealed so hard, it might have reached Asia, almost destroying my eardrums. Without warning, she pushed me as she squeezed her way out of the table and ran outside the cafeteria, with Jenny hot on her heels.

"What was it, this time?" Zach asked, completely amused about the series of events. His tone implied that this wasn't the first time a 'fashion crisis' happened.

"Probably ruined her lipstick," Hannah, one of the less-snotty girls chirped in. "That's like, an unacceptable thing in the rule book."

Rule book? Fashion crisis? Damn, these people are impossible.

Everyone went back to their business like nothing had just happened. Chase, however, seemed interested with the idea of pissing me off. Now that Ashley was gone, the gap between us was empty so he decided to move closer until we were closely-seated. I groaned.

"So, heard anything you like?" he immediately asked, a little teasing in his tone.

I cleared my throat and put on a hard look, pretending that I had no idea what he was talking about. "What are you talking about?" I hissed.

Chase let loose a mirthful chuckle. "Yeah right, you would make a very good actress you know."

I gasped and gave him an incredulous look. "You... are making no sense. What made you think I was listening to your conversation anyway?"

"I don't know," he casually said and shrugged. "Maybe you could tell me." A smug expression was plastered on his face, causing my irritation to magnify to a thousand.

"Excuse me? But whatever you were talking about was nothing that may interest me," I told him as confidently as I could.

"Uh-huh. That wasn't very polite, if you'd ask me," he teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Just stop talking to me, okay?" Tmhere was no way in hell I was gonna admit to this guy that I was actually listening to their conversation. His ego was way too big enough for his own good, another boost is seriously not needed.

"Hmm," Chase mumbled. "Very sneaky."

I was about to make a retort when the bell signifying the end of lunch rang, saving Chase's sorry butt from any intelligent comeback I was about to throw his way.

Is it just me or Chase Hayden was just plain annoying? Damn, he makes those YouTube ads very entertaining to watch.

* * *

When I thought that hell was over by lunch, I realized I was greatly mistaken. I guess I spoke a little too soon.

I bet smoke was already making it's way out of my nose. Chase Hayden was definitely the most infuriating douchebag on the face – or on the whole body – of the planet. What I've done to deserve this kind of punishment, I honestly have no idea.

And most of all, what kind of normal eighteen-year-old would still find fun in shooting spitballs on their classmate's head? Very childish and immature if you'd ask me. But Chase Hayden was Chase Hayden – exasperating beyond belief. Such behavior can actually be expected from a crazy ass monkey like him. Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that we were in Social Science class, I would've throttled the crap out of him right there and then. The jerk was really pushing me to do things beyond my limits.

Thump!

A crumpled piece of paper fell on my feet after it hit the back of my head. I looked behind me and immediately spotted the devil's smirking face. I threw him the fiercest glare I could manage but he just widened his stupid grin and mouthed, “Pick it up.”

Letting loose an annoyed sigh, I picked the piece of paper and opened it curiously.

“May we know whatever it is you're doing, Miss Davidson?” Mr. Hedge, our bald, leprechaun of a teacher spoke, startling me.

I instantly heard snickers behind me, instantly knowing whose laughter it was. Holy shit, Chase Hayden is definitely gonna pay bigtime for this. “Uh, nothing Sir,” I told the teacher meekly.

“Then what is that paper you are holding in your hand?” he then asked, pointing to my balled fist.

“Nothing Sir,” I repeated my previous statement. Whatever that's written in here was certainly no good, considering it came from Chase.

“Hmm, I don't think so,” he insisted. “There seems to be something – a paper perhaps – in there. Can I take I look?”

Resigning, I hesitantly placed the piece of crumpled note on his palm and lowered my gaze as I awaited for his reaction. The class was eerily silent and my eye was twitching nervously – a weird habit of mine when I'm fidgety – like my mind already knows that something not good was about to happen.

My eyes darted to Chase who was now smirking triumphantly like he already had an idea of what was gonna happen next. And I know for a fact that something he considered fun was something nasty on my part. I glared at him hard and mouthed, “I'll get you for this,” which only earned a cheeky grin from him.

Our little staring battle was cut short when Mr. Hedge cleared his throat, his face red and obviously furious, like what he read in the stupid note was enough for hell to break loose. “Do you mind explaining this, Miss Davidson?” His hand was shaking when he handed me back the paper. “And can you please read it aloud for the whole class to hear?”

I nervously swallowed and started unfolding the note. After reading the content, I blurted a horrified gasp and gave the teacher a dubious look. “A-are you sure about this, Sir?” I hesitantly asked.

What I read was entirely unpretty. Confusion ran into my thoughts, my mind wondering why on earth was he giving me permission to say something that would outright put his dignity into shame.

“Yeah, go on,” he persisted, his voice a little cracked. I instantly felt sorry for him.

Clearing my throat once more, I opened my mouth to speak. “Mr. Hedge looks like an old grumpy leprechaun with a bald shiny head and a butt as hairy as King Kong.”

I shook my head disbelievingly while the whole class erupted in fits of laughter. My head turned towards the back where Chase was howling uncontrollably, tears from too much laughing already appearing in his eyes. I looked at Mr. Hedge who was now flushing tomato-red, his skimpy arms folded across his chest, his eyes staring at me in absolute disapproval.

“But sir, I wasn't the one who wrote it,” I protested, standing in my seat for emphasis.

“Oh really?” He responded sourly, his eyes twitching in a weird manner.

“Believe it or not, that wasn't me Sir! Never would I ever do such a horrible thing. It was... it's him!” I pointed at Chase, my index finger shaking angrily. “He just passed it to me!”

“Is that true, Mr. Hayden?”

“Now, now,” Chase said calmly. “It's not nice to point fingers you know.”

“Screw you!” I yelled. “This is all your fault, you freaking asshole!”

The class gasped as the words came out my mouth. “Language, Miss Davidson -” Mr. Hedge reprimanded me but was cut off by Chase.

“That's crap. I'm innocent -”

“Mr. Hayden!”

“Oh yeah?” I blurted. “Innocent my ass!”

“Whatever, b -”

“Stop it!” Mr. Hedge growled, cutting our acrimonious verbal battle. I folded my arms and gave Chase the hardest glare I could muster. He glared at me in return. “Stop fighting like children, you two!”

“But he started it!” I whined.

“Yeah? Shut it up loser,” Chase countered.

“That's enough!” Mr. Hedge bleated, cutting our endless bickering. He let loose a disgruntled sigh as he started pulling on his nonexistent hair. He looked so stressed out that I almost felt very bad for him. “Two of you!” he growled, eyeing both of us furiously, “Detention!”

“What!?” Chase and I exclaimed in sync, a look of disbelief on our faces.

Forget it, I'm not sorry for this old guy anymore.

* * *

“Finally! This is totally the worst class ever!” Gwen complained when the bell rang, signaling the end of today's classes. I stuffed my algebra book inside my bag and immediately left the classroom with Gwen. “Those numbers and equations are making me dizzy.”

“Yeah, you could say that,” I agreed. Like her, I wasn't a big fan of Math either. Complicated equations and numbers make me sick.

“I could use some frozen yogurt right now,” she said. “Let's go to Frozen Bites, yeah?”

The idea delighted me but then I realized I had something to do. “I'd love to but I can't. I have detention.” The smile on Gwen's face vanished in a split-second.

“What?” she shrieked, receiving curious stares from people passing by. “You've got to be kidding me.” She placed her hands on her hips and gave me 'the look'.

“Look, I'm afraid I'm not,” I answered her wearily. “I seriously have detention. It was all that stupid Chase's fault -”

“What? Are you saying that Chase Hayden landed you in detention?” she exclaimed, an amused grin lighting up her features. “How come?”

Okay, first she was angry, now she was amused. Ha. Really bipolar friend I got here.

I rolled my eyes upon recalling the horrible fiasco in Social Science. “He passed me some note -”

“Ooh, passing notes in class, huh?” She winked at me.

“Oh, quit it,” I muttered. “He actually threw it at my head.”

“Uh-huh. Go on, come on.”

Sighing, I continued. “Earlier at Social Science class, he kept on shooting me spitballs middle-school style,” Gwen gagged, “I know! Totally gross, but I just ignored him hoping he would get tired and leave me in peace, but he ended up throwing me some ball of paper which I dumbly picked up. Before I could read the stupid things Chase has written, Mr. Hedge caught me and voila! Detention.”

Gwen took in all these and a cheeky smile appeared on her lips. Whatever she's thinking, I bet my life and soul, it was something not good -

“That's so cute!” she gushed.

See my point?

“Uh, ew?” I glared at her. “How the hell is that cute? FYI, detention is the farthest thing from cute.

“Whatever,” she answered, a knowing smile on her face. “I guess I gotta go now. I'll just call Ken to come with me.”

“Alright, tell your boytoy I said Hi.”

“Yeah sure, have fun in detention! Lover boy's probably waiting for you there,” she teased and blew me a kiss as she sauntered towards the school doors.

I folded my arms and took heavy steps towards the detention room. First an 'F' in my popquiz and then detention? Mom is so gonna disown me once she knows about this. Finally, after reaching the said room, I instantly entered and took a seat at the back.

To my annoyance, Chase entered a few seconds later and sat beside me, like the douche he was. Before he could make fun of me, a lanky teacher entered the room and immediately took his place on the front desk. “Okay monkeys, do whatever you want for the rest of the hour.”

Say what?

Before I could recover from my surprise, I felt a nudge on my side and twisted my head to come face-to-face with the smirking devil.

With the smug look still intact, he leaned closer to me and whispered, “Isn't detention fun?”

I snorted and rolled my eyes. “Yeah, I think I should come here often,” I answered sardonically, giving him the fakest smile I could muster.

“You know what? I think that's a brilliant idea,” the idiot said. “We could play poker next time. I'll bring cards.”

With an exasperated sigh, I buried my face in my hands.

This guy is totally driving me nuts.

And it's definitely not in a good way.

* * *

A/N

Filler alert!

Question: What do you think of Team Charli? Do they have chemistry? Comment your thoughts belowww :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 67 30
Yao Bianliang was an actress in her previous life, and once she entered the shuangwen story of the entertainment circle. The system said: "As long a...
3.5K 59 8
!!My Au!! What if Tommy had enough of the dream smp?most members making him fell useless and worthless after traumatizing him?Well he decided to go a...
134K 4.8K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
14K 787 41
«𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰...