Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas

A/N: HI, this is 2020 Trixy coming back here to welcome you guys! So, I wrote this book when I was 17 (that was 7-8 years ago) and I was just getting into writing that time. That explains why the plot is so cheesy, grammatical errors are everywhere, and I don't know, everything is just all over the place. Haha.

Before you start reading this, please bear those things in mind and excuse 2012 Trixy's ugly writing. She didn't know what she was doing when she started this book. She had no idea it would blow up either.

Nonetheless, I am very thankful to everyone who gave this book a chance. You made my young self very happy with all the support and love you've given me. Happy reading, lovelies!

Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas

"Carli, honey! I need some help in here!" It was my mother, calling from the kitchen of our new house. Standing from the couch where I was lazily lounging for the past few minutes, I went there and had to fight a laugh after seeing her all tangled up.

Despite being 40 years old, you could say my mom was still really clumsy.

"Why are you dressed like a mummy, Mommy?" I asked her, grinning. "Halloween's not until a few months. Isn't it a bit early to bring out your costume?"

At that, her eyes narrowed, but I knew she wasn't serious. "It's not funny, young lady!" she said. "It didn't have to end this way if you were just willing enough to help me unpack in the first place. But instead, you let your poor mother do all the work while you sat there on the couch like you owned the world," she added, in an attempt to make me feel guilty.

It's best to say her charm didn't work this time.

Ignoring her being overly dramatic , I chuckled. "So, it's my fault now?"

"Yes," she responded almost immediately.

"Then sorry, Mom," I apologized, feigned guilt dripping into my words. "I deserve punishment! I am such a horrible daughter. Go on, punish me. I will accept it wholeheartedly for I deserve it."

She only laughed at this. "Don't worry young one," she then said, playing along. "Since I am feeling a bit merciful today, your punishment will be less severe."

"And what is that, oh merciful one?"

She thought for a while, tapping her slender fingers against her chin. "I know. Why don't you go upstairs and start arranging your room?"

The corners of my mouth twitched downwards into a frown. "Really, mom?"

So much for a mother-daughter moment.

"And there you go," I mumbled to myself as I hung the abstract painting - courtesy of my friends from art class back in my old school - on the wall, just above my bed.

It stood there, fitting its position perfectly, like a missing piece of a puzzle.

It had been two days since Mom and I moved into this place, some small yet relatively progressive town in California, miles away from my old friends and our old home. It was a challenge to her career - her boss thought she was fitting to be assigned to the company's branch here. And since she was a risk-taking, ready-for-whatever-challenge type of person, she accepted it right away.

"This is going to be a great change," were her exact words.

Brushing the dust off my shirt, I kicked the empty boxes to the side and slumped myself on my bed. I was tired, exhausted even. Heaving a sigh, I stared at the ceiling and let myself lapse into a stream of consciousness.