Recycled Love.

By conniesha

One man's overlooked blessing is another man's happily ever after. More

1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
A/N
34

3.

15.6K 553 94
By conniesha

Summer Ray.

"Shanna come and get your brother before I beat his ass!" I pushed him away from me.

"Jovon, leave her the fuck alone." She threw a pillow at him.

"Shan don't play wit' me. You know I'll fuck you up."

"Why are you still here?"

"I had ta' come back ta' spend some time with my Sunshine."

"Stop calling me that." I rolled my eyes.

"Where is your ugly little friend you be with."

"Who?"

"Curly hair boy."

"Oh, why?"

"You need to be with him." She put her hand up before he could speak. "As of matter of fact, where is your girlfriend?"

"She somewhere 'round hea'."

"Shanna, I'll see you tomorrow." I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my purse.

"Where are you going?" She whined.

"To my parents, my mama said she need to talk to me about something."

"Ugh, alright. Tell ya' parents I said hi."

"I will, bye nigga."

"Sunshine I'm walking out there too." I opened the door and seen a car pulling up. Von threw his hands up and the person honked the horn. "This nigga."

I walked to my car and got in. Throwing everything in the passenger seat, I grabbed the seat belt and buckled it.

Backing out the driveway I pulled up to the stop sign. Hearing my phone I grabbed it and seen Shanna calling.

"Yes."

"Can you buy me some ice cream on your way home?"

"I don't know how long I'm going to be over there."

"So, just bring it over."

"Alright."

"Thanks babe."

"Mhm, bye." I hung up and threw my phone in the passenger seat.

Pulling up to my parents house I heard loud music somewhere. Stepping out the car and walking closer to the door I heard it coming from their house.

I unlocked the door using my key and pulled it open. Walking out the foyer into the living room I saw my father dancing.

I covered my mouth laughing and seen my mama out the corner over my eye with her lingerie on.

She seen me standing against the wall and cut the music off.

"Terry, stop with that damn whistle. " She said grabbing her robe.

"Why? I thought we were..." My mother signaled for him to turn around. "Hey baby girl." He came over and kissed the side of my head.

"I was told to come over."

"I thought I told you tomorrow." My mother walked over to me.

"You said today but I'll come back tomorrow."

"Okay honey be safe." She kissed me head. "I love you."

"I love you too. Bye daddy I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl." He said as I walked to the front door. "And call next time before coming over."

"Oh trust me I will." I laughed and closed the door behind me. Hopping back in my car I got situated and headed towards the store.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the Pringles are?" I asked the worker.

"Oh, follow me." I followed behind her and she led me down and aisle with detergents. "You know I said chips, right?"

"Yes, they are switching the store around so the Pringles are right here for now."

"Okay, thank you."

"No problem." She walked away as I looked at the chips. I grabbed a can of sour and onion, pizza, and salt and vinegar Pringles.

After grabbing a bowl of fresh fruit, I headed to the freezer section and a gallon of cookies and cream ice cream for me and a pint of ice cream for Shanna.

Walking to the register I saw a a strawberry cheesecake and grabbed it.

"All this junk." I mumbled to myself.

"Anybody, anybody, anybody wanna buy a heart?
Anybody, anybody, anybody wanna buy love?"

I snapped my head towards the music that was playing and thought about my last relationship.

Putting your all into a relationship and getting hurt in the end was not what I thought it would come to.

My mother always told me, "This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up.

Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them.

Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate.

You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."

And I just kept a smile on my face getting through the pain. Walking out the store and putting the bags in my car I headed home.

Putting my things up I grabbed Shanna's ice cream and walked outside. Walking two houses down the street and up the driveway, I knocked on her door.

"Who is it?"

"Summer." She swung open the door and smiled.

"I thought you would've been at your parents longer."

"I did too but they were busy."

"They was about to do the nasty." She laughed. I handed her, her ice cream and she smiled. "Thank you babe."

"Your welcome love. Let me go before I burn my hot pockets."

"I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yes you will."

"Okay, thank you again."

"You're welcome." I walked back home and checked on my hot pockets. Setting the timer for fifteen minutes I went in my room and pulled out some clothes to take a shower.

After eating my hot pockets, I laid down in my bed and watched Family Feud. I really wasn't listening too what was going on I was to busy thinking about life.

Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth.

You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.

"Name something that rumble." I heard Steve Harvey say.

"Stomach." I mumbled and heard the lady say, "Engine."

"Should've said stomach now he got it." I rolled my eyes and turned the TV to Tyler Perry's House of Payne.

"Lance Gross is so fucking fine." I said looking at him only in his boxers.

"What the hell?" I laughed as Curtis saw them. As the episode continued I grabbed my body pillow and put it between my legs. Then falling into a deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 26
How it began...where it ends.
236K 7.4K 15
My husband was playing happy families with another woman and her son, to honor a promise to his fallen friend. After I had emergency surgery that he...
Fear By 🖤

General Fiction

417 0 16
He finally realised that he can't live without her. Home and fate brings them together.
16.7K 305 28
this story is about betrayal, love,sex addiction the one she wanted but couldn't get (august alsina story)