The Bad Boy and the Nerd

By Fiction_Reader_

High School: Violet is obsessed with grades. Her top school is Harvard and she plans to get there. She has a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter Nineteen

1.8K 55 0
By Fiction_Reader_

Chapter Nineteen: The talk

Ace's POV

How did she memorize that?

I listened to Violet go on. She has such a beautiful voice and her speech even reached my heart. It's better than the speech I have to do for being the most improved student.

The more I thought, the more I realized that I never wanted high school to end. I had it good. I was the bad boy. All girls wanted me, all guys wanted to be me, and my teachers passed me just so they didn't have me in summer school.

"Thank you Violet. That was a lovely speech, and I hope one day my eight year old daughter turns out to be a fine young lady like you. And for the rest of you, please listen as Ace, our most improved student, gives his short speech," the principal said. Of course he would. Violet is amazing.

I walked up to where Violet was standing just a moment ago and looked back at her. She showed me her 'you can do this, I believe in you' look, yes that was a thing, and she pointed at her necklace that I bought her at the beach.

I smiled and began my speech. "Hey guys, for starters, I'm sorry to all my teachers for my past few months here, and secondly, I can't believe that high school is out forever. For some it is the end of school, and not for others who move on to college, but still. We finished high school!!!! All of us did. We made it. I never really wanted it to end to be honest. The world out there, it doesn't know me, and there are a lot of doors unopened and dark unknowns. I can't work with only my friends, life isn't mapped out in an eight hour day, and I don't know if I'm ready for that reality. Although, when I first got to the school, I didn't care about grades at all. I only cared about my writing, which was a secret to most people up until now. The only reason I'm standing here today, now, is because of Violet. She was my tutor, my motivation, my light in a dark room, and she helped me bring my grade up. No matter who you are, or what your goal is, you can get help, and you can succeed. Without her I wouldn't have graduated, so, thanks Violet," I said. My speech sucked, but she kissed me anyway.

"Thank you Mr.Daniels. Now that we have concluded the speeches, I am proud to introduce, the newly graduated class of 2015. Congratulations to all of you," the principal announced.

We all threw our caps the air and stepped off the stage. When I got back to Violet and my mom, Sarah, Violet's mom, was blubbering, Violet was holding my little sister, and my mom was taking pictures.

After the ceremony, we were driving home. Me, my mom, and my sister were in my mom's mini van and Violet was with her mom. When my mom finally parked in our driveway, I got out of the car and walked over to Violet and Sarah who were just pulling in. Me and Violet went inside followed by her mom.

"Keep the door open," she yelled.

"Don't worry mom, I'm still a proud owner of the V-card," Violet called back. I chuckled and she smiled at me.

"You never know. Just keep the door open please," she yelled.

"Ok mom. We will keep the door open so you can see it all," she said back to her mom.

"Violet!!!!!!" her mom yelled.

"You know I'm just kidding mom. Calm down," she replied. She is such a different person around her mom.

When we got to her room, I sat on her bed and Violet made sure the door stayed open.

"You said you had news?" Violet asked.

"Yeah. I got wait listed at Harvard. If there is an opening, I get to go on a journalism scholarship. I do have to go to another school in the meantime though, so I'm gonna go to the local University so I can be close to home." I explained.

"Oh that's great," she said.

She walked over and gave me a kiss. I hugged her and she sat next to me.

"Do you remember how we met?" she asked.

"Yeah. I threw notes that I wrote to you at your face until you responded. Then we had lockers next to each other, a then we were forced to sit together, and at the time, you hated me," I said.

"Yeah. What changed?" she asked.

"I fell in love with you," I said. She smiled and looked up at me.

"What did you think of my speech? Did you like it?" she asked.

"No I didn't like it," I said teasing her. She looked saddened. "I loved it," I finished.

"You're a jerk," she said hitting my arm.

"I know," I said. We laughed.

"So...when do you have to go? You know, to school. When do you leave?" she asked.

"I don't have to leave soon. Not for a few months actually. I have to try to increase my math score. What about you?" I said.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. I have to get used to the campus and do some exploring around town, all that," she said.

"Can I drive you?" I asked.

"No. I'm not going all the way there on your bike, and your school is here," she said.

"Well actually, we have a better way to get there than my bike," I said. Me and her mom pitched in little by little till we could afford a car for her.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"It's a graduation present. Me and your mom pitched in little by little till we had enough," I explained.

"No way," she said.

"Follow me," I said. I grabbed her hand and led her to my garage.

The door opened to reveal a shiny black Toyota.

"Oh my gosh. You bought this...for me?" she asked.

"Yup," I answered.

"Is it gassed up?" she asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Ok. One second," she said. She ran into her house.

A few minutes later, she came back out holding a gift bag and her purse.

"Let's go," she said.

"Ok then princess," I responded.

We got in the car. She went to put her purse down and saw the little gift box I had left in the cup holder.

"You already got me car. What else do I need?" she asked.

"Just open it," I said. So she did.

She opened the box to find a phone. Her screen has been cracked for a while and it was time for an upgrade anyway.

"Wow. You outdid yourself Ace. This is border line unacceptable," she said.

"It was nothing, trust me. My dad paid for a lot of it," I said, feeling embarrassed.

"Thank you," she said.

She started the car with the keys I gave her. She drove to a familiar place, but I didn't quite know where we were.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," she answered.

We kept driving until she stopped the car and got out at my field. My secret spot.

"How did you..." I asked.

"Your writing. I read some of it and this place in your story was great so I came," she said smiling.

"Now open your gift," she demanded kindly as she handed me the bag.

I opened the bag to find a scrapbook. I opened it and saw a ton of pictures of me and Violet. Some of them I didn't even know she took.

"Thank you so much, this is so cute," I said. I truly was grateful for it. I loved it.

"You're welcome, and hey bad boy, looks like you've become a sentimental type too," she said smiling.

I laughed.

"There's something else too," she said.

I looked down in the bag and saw a black MP3 player loaded with songs and a new pair of earbuds. There was also a new journal and pencils for my writing.

"Who outdid themselves now?" I asked.

"Still you. Let's not forget you bought me a car," she said.

"Is college gonna be different?" I asked.

"Probably," she said.

"Are we gonna grow apart?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I hope not," she said.

"I love you," I told her.

"I love you too," she responded. "Can you promise me something?" she asked.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked.

"If we do grow apart, don't be sad. Just, remember our best moments as prizes, and our worst ones as lessons," she told me.

"I can't promise not to be sad. I do love you a lot, but I can try the rest of it ok?" I answered.

"Ok," she responded.

"Hey Ace, can you read me one of your writing pieces?" she asked me.

"I have one on my phone, but it's not very good at all," I said.

"Well, read it to me. Oh, and start from the middle not the beginning," she said.

"Fine," I agreed. I pulled out my phone and began to read from it.

"It was pouring rain outside and the water was getting dangerously high. I loved rain, but this was too much when my brother was missing. I can't believe he is out in that storm somewhere, cold, lost, and alone, waiting for me to find him. My mom wouldn't let me leave the room, and I don't understand why. I went and laid on the couch, but I couldn't sleep. My eyes feel droopy and I did fall into an eventual sleep.

In the morning when I awoke, I did in fact see my brother there, towering over me. I know he wasn't there, but he claims he was in bed the whole time. I didn't check there, but I can feel that he is lying. The question that remains, where was he really?" I read.

"Oh my gosh you're good," she said.

"Thanks," I responded.

"We have to get home now though," she said.

"Yeah, ok," I said.

We got into Violet's car and we drove home. Well, she drove and made it very clear I wasn't even a passenger seat driver or the main driver.

When we got home, we were both pretty tired from the drive. We said goodnight, and we both went home. Since she was leaving tomorrow, I thought I should've packed some stuff for her. I got out some of my shirts and an old sweater. I put those in Violet's room and said goodnight. After that, I went to sleep. What was shocking though, I think Violet stayed up later than me.

A/N: Vote comment and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
595K 15.8K 54
(Book Two) At the age of ten, 'Eden-Rose' is now a world renowned name. Watch as she juggles between her growing fame and her personnel life. Dance...
35.3K 1.1K 22
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
640K 57.3K 35
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...