The Cold Hearted Beauty & The...

By tessyoc

Mikaela Shindo, the name on everyone's lips in the streets of Tokyo. Just twenty four, he is already a multi... More

Cold-Hearted Beauty
Little Beast
Beauty Meets the Beast
Apology
Beauty Vs Beast
Drive
The Beast Works for Beauty
Feelings?
Stalker
Beauty Cares
Beast Looks After Beauty
The Jealous Little Beast
Angel
Kiss
Beauty's Invite
Only Me
Beauty's Birthday
The Saotomes
TomoexKimizukixYoichi
Jealous Beauty
Couples Convention
Love
Not Just A Kid
I Love Y-
An Old Flare
Beauty Loves His Little Beast
Acceptance
Miyu & Michiro
Yoichi's Birthday
Men
Men 2
Father
Father 2
Family
Blow Jobs and Revenge
Summer
Becoming an Adult
Yumi
The Other Shindo
Reunited Siblings
Sex
Promises
Broken Pasts
Fright
Graduation
Holidays
Frenemy 2
Enemy
Hurt
Comfort
Kidnapped
Kidnapped II: Threat
Break up
Break Up: Scholarship
Tears
Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After
Shingu and Michiro
100K reads
Mika's Birthday
Mother's Day
CONTEST
Original
Popularity Contest

Frenemy

5.6K 288 1.1K
By tessyoc

Yuu stood in front of the mirror looking at himself, it was the first day of college and he had to look good for it. "Mika, what do you think?" He turned to see Mikaela still lying in bed. "You lazy man."

Mikaela groaned. "Leave me in peace Yuu, I'm so tired right now I think I might skip work today and sleep."

Yuu walked over to the bed and sat down beside him. "You're taking me to school remember? You promised, having you there at least just for that few minutes will really help. I'm honestly so nervous right now and worse I have to give a speech for being the best fresher student."

"That's right." Mikaela sat up. "I've been meaning to tell you this, you haven't been attending driving lessons right?"

"No." Yuu said. "My teacher's sick with the flu."

"It's been three weeks." Mikaela said. "He's supposed to be out of bed after three days...he is lying to you, he called me and told me that he quit."

"Have quit? Why?" Yuu asked.

"You suck." Mikaela said. "He says he prays to God each day you two go for a test run, how can you be so bad at driving?"

Yuu pouted. "Well sowwy for being so horrible, but it's not easy. Please get me another teacher, I need to learn, I want to start taking Kana out for rides."

"Kana?" Mikaela raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." Yuu nodded. "I called my car Kana, cute isn't it?"

"More like creepy and childish." Mikaela said as he got out of bed. "I guess it can't be helped, let's be quick ok? I need to come back and relax."

"Lazy." Yuu said.

"First day of middle school." Miyu cried out. "Somebody please kill me now, it's not fair, wasn't it just yesterday that school closed for the holidays?"

"Don't be lazy Miyu." Yumi said. "In fact you should be happy, you're in middle school now, I wish I can skip sixth grade and move on to yours."

"Big sisters." Someone called out as they turned to see Michiro running towards them. "I've missed you both so much."

"MICHI!" Miyu ran and hugged him. "Oh Michi, thank goodness, we were all so worried, why didn't that stupid Shingu bring you back earlier on?"

"I still wanted to be with him." Shingu said as he walked towards them.

"SHINGU, YOU'RE A DEAD MAN." Miyu yelled. "HOW DARE YOU RUN OF TO HONG KONG WITH MY LITTLE BROTHER WITHOUT SAYING A WORD?"

"Your dad wouldn't agree to it." Shingu shrugged. "So I said what the heck and took him, at least we're here for the first day of school. Speaking of which, I hate middle school, what kind of dumb uniform is this?"

"It looks good on you." Yumi said.

"Now now Yumi." Miyu said. "Lying is a sin, we must lie just to appease our friends, telling them the truth will make them happier."

"That's right." Shingu nodded. "So I guess it's safe to say that you look like a toad in that uniform."

"That's it." Miyu clenched her fist. "Let's fight Shingu, you and me, one and one, man and woman."

"Don't you mean man and slut?" Shingu asked.

"I HATE YOU." Miyu screamed.

"The feeling's mutual." Shingu said. "As much as I'd love to argue with you right now Miyu, we'll be late for school. The car's already waiting outside."

"I'm really going to miss seeing you two in school." Yumi said.

"Miss, seeing us?" Shingu asked.

"You guys are in middle school now." She said. "The middle school is located somewhere else, we won't be I'm the same school anymore."

"Really? I had no clue." Shingu looked at Michiro. "Well, bye you guys, have a fun day at school." He began walking further into the house.

"Where are you going?" Miyu asked.

"To find something to eat." Shingu said.

"What about school?" Miyu asked. "Aren't you coming?"

"No." He said.

"Why not?" Yumi asked.

"Because it's pointless." He said. "I started going to school because of Michiro, now that we are in different schools, there's no point of going to school anymore is there?"

"Is there?" Miyu growled. "You moron, you go to school to learn and become bright so you can have a great future."

"What a waste." Shingu said. "People who go to school for that reason are dumb, except Michiro of course. Amy way, bye." He waved and walked away.

"Is he serious?" Yumi asked. "Only attended school last year because of Michiro?"

"Michiro, you have one messed up boyfriend." Miyu said.

"Go find yourself your own boyfriend before calling mine messed up." Michiro said.

"WHAT THE?" Miyu yelled. "What is your problem? The Michiro I know, my baby brother, doesn't talk that way."

"I just don't like when people without boyfriends get so jealous about my boyfriend that they badmouth him." He said. "I'm just speaking up for Shingu." He smiled.

"Don't give me that innocent smile." Miyu said. "You're really pissing me off."

Mikaela walked into his office trembling, Yuu had wanted to test his driving out so out of the goodness of his heart and his love for the boy, he let him. He regretted, he could have sworn that he wasn't going to see home again, his life flashed through his eyes as he faced death's door.

"Yuu, is never driving again." He said to himself.

"Happy new year big brother Mikaela." Mikaela looked to see Shingu on his chair. "How was your holidays? I hope it was good."

"Shi?" Mikaela gritted his teeth as he stomped over to Shingu and pulled him up with his collar. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now?"

"Because you love me." Shingu said.

"Well I don't love you enough." Mikaela said. "Where is my son you criminal?"

"In school by now." Shingu said. "We came back not too long ago, sorry I wasn't able to come back early but I had lots of business going down with the Yakuza and didn't have much time to spend with Michiro. So I decided to stay longer in Hong Kong and spend time with him."

Mikaela sighed and put him down, he really didn't understand him and he wasn't even going to waste his time asking him questions.

"So, anything exciting happen while I was away?" Shingu asked. "There was no trouble right?"

"Why would there be trouble?" Mikaela asked.

"Because you suck." He said.

"You sure have a loud mouth after kidnapping son." Mikaela said. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be in school right now? It's your first day of middle school right?"

"I'm not going anymore." Shingu said.
"It's pointless."

"Pointless?" Mikaela yelled. "Damn it, you're a kid who needs to go to school, just what are you planning to become in the future?"

"Did you use your studies to become what you are?" Shingu asked. "Just what the hell are you anyway? All I know is that you're rich. You were even rich before you opened this work place, so what role did school play in your life?"

"At least I'm smart." Mikaela said. "You can't be rich and a dummy."

"Don't worry." Shingu said. "I have a high IQ, I'm smarter than all the teachers and professors in Japan combine."

"Honestly, there's a scary possibility that what you just said is true." Mikaela said.

"Mr. Shindo." A voice called from the speakers. "Mr. Shindo, there's someone at the gate, he wishes to come meet with you."

"Does he have an appointment?" Mikaela asked. "If he doesn't then he can get lost."

"Rude." Shingu said.

"He says it doesn't matter, he's a childhood friend of yours."

"Childhood friend?" Mikaela asked, he wondered who it could be.

"You didn't have a lot of childhood friends." Shingu said. "Just people you grew up with."

"Send him in." Mikaela said.

"Yes sir."

"I wonder who it is." Shingu said. "Your only friends were Ricchan, big brother Lacus and Renée, big sister Sayuri and...what was his name again?"

"His name?" Mikaela asked. "Aren't those the only friend I had?"

"He was your friend, but you both let a woman get in between you two." Shingu said. "How pathetic.."

"Oh that's right." Mikaela remembered, he had a childhood friend like that. And honestly, he was once his best friend, but falling in love with the same girl, their friendship was already fated to destruction. "Thinking back at it I find myself really stupid, who let's a woman come in between bros?"

"You haven't spoken to him in years right?" Shingu asked.

"Mm." Mikaela nodded. "I don't even think I can remember his face...if I can recall, his name was..was..er.."

"Makoto Narumi." Shingu said.

"Ah! You remember him?" Mikaela said. "I'm shocked, you were still little back then."

"Of course I remember him." Shingu said. "Who can ever forget the jerk who was ready to kill all to get what he wants? I still can't believe you didn't put him behind bars."

"He was young and stupid." Mikaela said. "But it's ok, we won't have to worry about seeing the likes of him ever again."

Suddenly the door was banged opened as a young male withe brown hair walked in. He wore black shades that covered his eyes. "Mikaela Shindo." He smirked. "It's nice to see you again, how long has it been more than six years right?"

"Who the hell are you?" Mikaela and Shingu chorused.

"How rude." He sighed and took off his glasses. "Surely you haven't forgotten your old friend, Makoto Narumi?"

"What is this? A fanfiction where the plot thickens?" Shingu frowned. "How troublesome."

Mikaela was shocked, he stood from his seat. It was actually Narumi, he's long ago frenemy. "Narumi?" He called.

"In the flesh." He said.

"What are you doing here?" Mikaela asked.

"Is it wrong to visit an old friend?" Makoto asked as he walked closer to him and sat on his desk. "I've missed you bro, how have you been?"

"I am not your bro." Mikaela said. "And I don't think I'm pleased to see you."

"Oh come on Mikaela." Narumi said. "Are you still mad? It's all in the past, this feud has to stop sometime?" He smiled and took out his hands. "I came here to do the manly thing, I've been having sleepless nights because of this, let's be friends again, ok?"

"Friends?" Mikaela asked. "Who exactly was the one who tarnished that friendship of ours? All because of a woman? We promised to respect each other and be happy with whoever Airi chooses, but then you saw I was winning and you do the most cowardly thing."

"I admit, I was at wrong." Narumi said. "I was wrong, I was stupid, let's just be friends again." He smirked. "Besides, we're both over Airi-chan now aren't we?"

"You know?" Mikaela asked.

"I was really surprised." Narumi said. "Airi-chan told me that she visited you again, but you turned down her feelings, you've found another. I'm curious, who was able to grab your heart from beloved Airi-chan? After all those promised you made." He gave him and evil glare. "I really hate empty promises, no different from lies. If you can't keep promises why make them in the first place?"

Mikaela fought back from getting annoyed, he knew Narumi wasn't really here to patch things up. He had a motive, but he wasn't going to let him get away with whatever it was he wanted to get away with.

"Excuse me." He said. "I'll go get us something to drink." He walked out of the room.

Narumi looked around the place, he couldn't believe how far Mikaela had come. "Once again, he beats me at something." He said to himself, his eyes then met with Shingu who had been glaring at him ever since he walked into the room. "Well hello there." He walked closer to him. "Are you Mikaela's kid? I heard he adopted some little ones? What's your name?" Shingu didn't respond. "What's the matter boy? Cat got your tongue? Say something, I don't bite." He reached out to touch him.

"Touch me and you're dead." Shingu said."

"Huh?" Narumi was taken aback by what he said. "Damn it you little brat! Who do you think you are? Don't you have any manners?" Shingu looked away from him. "Kids, such disgusting creatures."

"Why are you here?" Shingu asked.

"Hmm? What's your business with it?" Narumi asked.

"You've always been nothing but trouble." Shingu said. "You're Makoto Narumi right? You're the joke who broke up a beautiful friendship all because of how jealous you are, and it drove you to do despicable things. You're the one who pushed big brother Mikaela out into the busy streets, you're the one who pushed him from the top of the stairs, you're the one who spread bad and hurtful rumors about him, you're the one who.."

"How do you know so much about me?" Narumi asked. "Just who are you, brat?"

"I don't really know your intentions here." Shingu said. "But I'm not a fool and I know that you're not here to make up."

"All because I did a few bad things in the past huh?" Narumi asked. "Look, I'm sorry ok, I was a child and-"

"You were a monster." Shingu said. "Calling yourself a child is a pathetic excuse...I'm going to say this to you now, if you do anything to harm big brother Mikaela or those around him......I'll eliminate you."

Narumi felt a shiver go down his spine, he felt like such a wuss, a child was threatening his life and he was getting scared? Maybe it was because of the cold dead look he had in his eyes, there was no life in those eyes, it was like he was looking at the one thing he despised so much. He couldn't show fear...he couldn't, he began to laugh.

"Oh kid." He said. "That's a good one..hahahaha...I haven't had a good laugh since I got back into Japan..thank you kid..hahaha.."

"You don't have to try and act brave." Shingu said. "You're laughing..but your hands are trembling..and possibly your entire body."

Narumi looked at his hands, they really were trembling. Impossible.

"Just stay in your lane." Shingu said. "So we can all be happy." He gave him an innocent smile. "It was nice getting to speak with you again big brother Narumi. Bye bye." He waved and left.

"Just..who the hell is that kid?" Narumi asked.

Mikaela and Narumi sat alone in the living room drinking in silence. Mikaela's eyes never left Narumi, he was trying to figure why an enemy would suddenly reappear back into his life after many years.

"What's with the cold look?" Narumi asked. "You're really hurting me Mikaeala."

"Why are you here?" Mikaela asked.

"I really hate repeating myself." Narumi said. "Why can't you just believe me when I say I want to be friends again. Is that so wrong?"

"Aha." Mikaela rolled his eyes.

"So." Narumi said. "You're a billionaire now, it was quite a shocker for me. You're always several steps ahead of me, it makes me so jealous."

"I hope you don't try pushing me into the streets again." Mikaela said.

Narumi chuckled. "Of course not, I'm not a kid anymore."

"Normally a kid isn't supposed to have those killer instincts." Mikaela said.

"What's she like?" Narumi asked.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Your new woman." Narumi dropped his drink on the stool. "Tell me..what matter of woman was able to erase Airi-Chan from your heart and put herself there. Is she more beautiful? Has a nice figure? Does she have a lot of money?"

"There is no woman." Mikaela said.

"Oh come on now." Narumi said. "Don't lie to me, you can tell me anything. After all, I am your best friends."

"MAKOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!" Both men were interrupted by Sayuri barging into the room carrying a shot gun.

"AHHHHH!" They both screamed and jumped.

Sayuri pointed the gun at Narumi. "How dare you, how dare you show your face here you no good low life."

"MIKAELA WHO THE HELL IS THIS CRAZY WOMAN?" Narumi his behind the couch. "PLEASE DROP YOUR WEAPON, I MEAN NO HARM."

"SHUT UP." She yelled. "Mikaela, call an ambulance, they're going to be taken a body out of here."

"Oh. Ok." Mikaela said.

"What?" Narumi yelled. "No, no, Mikaela, you can't abandon me. Please do something."

"Relax before you wet your pants, she isn't actually going to pull the trigger." Mikaela said.

"Don't underestimate the rage of a woman Mikaela." Sayuri said. "I'm going to rid the world of that insolent fool."

"SAYURI!" Tomoe ran in, and tried pushing the gun away from Sayuri's hands, but Sayuri had already shot, luckily due to Timoe's push, she missed and the bullet went passed Narumi.

"AHHH!" Narumi jumped as he shielded his hand with his head. He was trembling, she did plan on killing him.

"Sh-sh-she tried to kill me." He trembled. "I thought you said she wouldn't pull the trigger."

"I lied." Mikaela said.

"Tomoe-chan, why did you do that?" Sayuri asked. "I almost had him."

"I don't want to date a murderer." Tomoe said. "Why are you trying to kill Mr. Shindo's guest?"

"Guest? Hmmph." She frowned. "Makoto, why are you here? I prayed night after night for you to be six feet under by now. You don't deserve to be alive."

"Bitch, who do you think you are?" Makoto yelled. "Do you know who I am? I can have you being bars right now."

"I'd like to see you try." Sayuri said as she pointed the gun at him again.

"That's enough Sayuri." Mikaela said.

"S-Sayuri?" Narumi looked at her. "Sayuri Hanayori? No way, you were never this...pretty. What happened to you."

Sayuri gave him a death glare before turning away. "Be careful Mikaela, we can't trust a snake like him." She said as she left the room and Tomoe followed.

"You'll have to forgive Sayuri." Mikaela said. "You know how wild she is."

"That was...Sayuri? Really?" Narumi asked as he sat back down on the couch. "She's beautiful..is that why you fell for her?"

"What?"

"Isn't she the one?" Narumi asked. "It makes sense, you two have been childhood friends your whole life, maybe the reason you could never date her then was because of how much of a tomboy she was. But you fell for her seeing how much of a woman she can be."

"You don't fall in love with someone's appearance." Mikaela said. "If I liked Sayuri and wanted to date her I would have, tomboy or not. It doesn't matter to me."

"So she's not the one?" He asked. "Then what about the other woman, she was pretty too."

"There is no she Narumi." Mikaela said. "I don't know what you're trying to pull here-"

"Why can't you just believe me?" Narumi asked. "I'm not trying to pull anything. I just want to talk. By the way, I've been meaning to ask, who is that child that was in your office?"

"Shingu?" Mikaela said. "Shingu Ichinose, you should know him, Airi loved to play with him a lot when we were all younger. What's wrong? Did something happen between you two?" He smirked. "Did he scare you? He's fun of doing that to people he hates a lot."

"Why would a child scare me?" He asked. "I mean, he's a child."

Yuu returned home from school tired. "Gosh, college is even more stressful than highschool." He said. "This sucks." He entered into the house. "I'm so tired, maybe I should go see Mikaela first."

"Big brother Yuu." Shingu called as he walked towards him. "Welcome back, how are you?"

"Tired." Yuu said. "I want to sleep but I want to see Mika fir-"

"No." Shingu said. "You shouldn't do that, he's with someone now, someone you shouldn't meet."

"Someone I shouldn't meet?" Yuu asked. "Is it a woman?"

"No it-" They heard footsteps and chatter, they turned to see Mikaela and Narumi heading towards them. "Crap." Shingu looked back at you. "Listen, I don't want you to say anything to that man."

"Why not?" Yuu asked. "Who is he?"

"A nightmare." Shingu said.

"Hi Mika." Yuu waved.

"M-Mika?" Narumi asked.

"Hi Yuu, Narumi this is Yuu, he's among the family of orphans I was talking about." Mikaela said.

"Um..hello sir." Yuu smiled.

"Hello." Narumi said. "Wow Mikaela, I didn't know they were this close to you to give you a pet name."

"They're kids, what do you want?" Mikaela asked.

"True." He said. "Well, I should get going, I really wanted to meet your sweetheart so we can possibly go on a double date sometime."

"I'm not interested." Mikaela said. "And I told you, there is no woman in my life."

"Ok then, whatever you say." Narumi said. "Bye." He greeted and left the house.

"Mika, who was that? A friend?" Yuu asked. "He seems nice."

"He's not my friend." Mikaela said. "I have a feeling he's going to be back, listen Yuu, I don't want you seeing this man, talking to him, never be alone with him.."

"Why? Is something the matter?" Yuu asked.

"Just please, he's bad news, I don't want him laying a finger a you."

"Ok Mika. Whatever you say." Yuu said.

"Thanks Yuu." Mikaela smiled. "So, how was school?" He walked over to him and took his hands, walking up the stairs with him.

"He's so stubborn." Narumi said while in a large room. "He really isn't going to tell me anything...so where you able to do it?"

"Yes sir." A man said. "It was a success, hidden video cameras in his room, his office and a few other places. No one suspected a thing, they thought we were ordered by Mr. Shindo."

"Good." Narumi said. "Let's see what Mikaela is doing tonight in his bedroom."

"Yes sir." The man picked up a remote and pressed it.

"This looks like the front door." Narumi said. "Change it." The man tried but nothing changed, the screen was still the same. "What's going on?"

"I-I have no idea sir." The man said. "It's like the cameras have all been taken down."

"What? Impossible. Who could-"

"You really are an idiot."

Both men looked up and found Shingu on screen. "A kid?"

"Damn it." Narumi frowned. "You damn brat, what did you do?"

"I'm the only one allowed to install hidden cameras in big brothers home." Shingu said. "I told you to stay in your lane didn't I?"

"Just who are you exactly?" Narumi asked. "How did you know-"

"This is kids play really." Shingu said. "Stop now before you get yourself hurt or even worse, killed." He smiled. "Well goodnight big brother." He waved to the screen and turned the camera off.

"No way." The man said. "There's no way that kid would have known anything."

Narumi smirked. "Ha! This is interesting, whoever that child is, he's poking his nose where it doesn't belong. I Narumi Makoto, always get what I want, even if it means getting rid of people to do it. And if I have to get rid of a child like him....then so be it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 32 14
PROLOGUE Mikaela was a beautiful boy with blonde hair , blue eyes and white skin , he was a short in height through. His mother died and soon his not...
86.8K 4.2K 16
It's Yuichiro Hyakuya's first time in college, and he just so happens to run into a certain blond in his dorm area, and Yuu totally isn't falling for...
70.8K 1.9K 32
﹙⭔.🐳 "uhm, so carla asked me to take uh..."⟆ ( 〃"let me guess." you started, "brunette bastard?" .) ★☆﹔ "i heard that, jerk!"﹆ ◃. y/n is a intro...
14.2K 1.1K 60
Yuu does not have someone he trust. He's alone. Tap! Tap! Tap! Clacking of footsteps. It isn't his. Well, maybe not so alone after all. He sprints, r...