Our Darkest Secrets (A Harry...

By kelseyrae21

Kaydence Taylor has a dark and unforgettable past, which has led her to be withdrawn from her peers and the r... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73

CHAPTER 48

5.6K 183 32
By kelseyrae21

So i have a few questions!!

First one: Who do you guys picture as Kaydence? I don't really picture anyone famous cause i can't really find anyone who fits her description, so i just picture how i described her. But i wanna know who you guys see as playing her.

Second: Should i enter the wattys? i dont know if i should, cause i dont think my story is good enough, but if i did i would need to finish this by november 2.

Anywaaaaaays. Thank you guys for 26k reads! PLEAAAAAASEE keep voting cause i'm almost at 1k votes. (: 

& keep commenting, i love reading them cause some of you are really funny with your theories and rants about the characters you hate. haha

ENJOY!!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KAYDENCE 

“You’re staying here?” Max asks as I meet him in the middle of the parking lot in front of the hotel. His dark eyebrows are knitted together as he looks to the hotel.

“Yeah, why?” I ask curiously, carrying the grocery bags in my hand and walking towards the glass doors that lead inside the hotel.

A small smirk plays at the corner of his lips, and he turns to me. “I’m staying here too.”

“You are?” I’m not too sure how I feel about that. I know Harry wouldn’t like it. Actually if he knew, he’d probably cancel my reservation and much rather me live on the streets.

“Yeah, I’ve been here for almost a week.” He pauses to hold the glass door open for me. “I’m surprised I haven’t seen you walking around.”

“I don’t walk around the hotel much. I’m either in my room or outside.” We walk towards the elevators, and I press the arrow to go up, impatiently waiting for the elevator to come down. The grocery bag slowly starts slipping from my arms and I lift my leg to try and keep it up, when Max notices my struggle and quickly steps forward, taking the bags from my arms.

“Thanks.” I step into the elevator and hold it open as Max walks in. The doors slide closed and I suddenly feel awkward standing here alone with him, in a tiny space. I side step away from him and I glance at him from the corner of my eye, watching him closely. He notices and smiles, and I quickly look away. I tap my foot from the nervousness that grows in the pit of my stomach and practically run out of the elevator when the doors open. I inhale a deep breath, feeling my nerves calming down. I’m only use to being alone with Harry, and he is the only one I seem comfortable enough with to be in a confined space with, so it is still very uncomfortable to be alone with any other male.

Taking the bag from Max, I walk toward the door and pull out my key, glancing over my shoulder at him. “Just stay here while I put everything away.” I don’t want him coming into my room.

His forehead creases as his eyebrows furrow together, and his eyes crinkle up at the corners. “I can’t come in?”

“No.” I say too quickly.

He eyebrows shoot up, and he stares at me suspiciously. I turn away from him and see him lean against the wall before I close the door. I trudge into the kitchen and set the bags on the counter, pulling out all the snacks I bought and placing them into the cabinet. I pull out the full carton of Ice Cream and place it into the freezer. As I finish putting everything away I head back to the front door, and open it to see max leaning on the wall where I had left him before, his head tilted back and revealing a think and strong neck. He pushes himself away from the wall, standing  up straight as I walk out of the room and close the door behind me.

“So where do you want to go to eat?” He asks, shoving his hands into his pockets of his dark blue jeans.

I shrug and stand on the far end of the elevator when we step inside again. “It was your idea to go to lunch. You pick.”

He presses his lips together in thought, then looks at me with a smile. “I know a pretty good pizza place not too far from here?”

Pizza reminds me of Harry. I miss Harry. “No, I’m not in the mood for pizza.” I say dryly.

He sighs and frowns at me, giving me a puppy dog face. “Please? I was so in the mood for pizza.”

I smile at him sardonically, crossing my arms over my chest. “I’m sorry, puppy dog shit doesn’t work on me.” I say as the elevator comes to a stop and we stride out.

He flinches from the tone of my voice, and stares at me in surprise. “I didn’t realize you’re the sassy type.” I don’t answer him and he stares at me a moment longer then shrugs. “Alright, what do you want to eat then?”

I think about all the kinds of food there is, hamburgers, lasagna, Mexican food, and so on. But I know none of them will dull the ache in my heart from Harry’s absence.  I need sweets.

“I want cake. Or pie. Or a cupcake. Actually I want all three.” I say evenly.

Max ‘s nose scrunches up as we walk out the entrance of the hotel, and head to his car. “You want sweets for lunch?”

“Yes. Yes, I do.”

Max chuckles loudly, and I glance at him as he does. Lines crease his stubbled cheeks as his mouth breaks out into a wide grin. He has a nice smile, it’s not as beautiful as Harry’s but it is nicer then I thought it would be.

“Well sure, why not? Let’s go to a bakery.”

We hop into his black SUV, and I pull the seat belt strap over my body as I lean back into the cushioned seat. Max grips the steering wheel with one hand as he pulls onto the street and drives towards the bakery he knows of. As he drives I take the opportunity to slide my phone out of my purse, and unlock my screen to see one missed call and text from Harry. I look at the time to see he had called around the time we were arriving at the hotel, and scroll through my messages, tapping on the one from Harry.

HARRY:

        Hey love…I’m sorry I hadn’t called you earlier. Been busy since I landed. I called you but you didn’t answer… Are you alright? I’m worried about you. I miss you already. Please call me back asap.

I stare at the message from Harry, re-reading it over and over again as my finger hovers over the reply button. Part of me wants to call him back right away, but the other part, the more stubborn one, wants to make him suffer a little bit. He had kept me waiting for hours, it wouldn’t hurt him to wait just one. I sigh and close out of my messages, locking my phone in the process and tossing it back in my purse.

Max parks next to the sidewalk in front of the bakery, and quickly jumps out of the car and runs to my side to open the door for me. Are all British guys so well mannered?

I slide down from my seat, making my shirt lift in the back. I pull the hem down as I stand on the sidewalk, and Max stands next to me, leading me into the small bakery shop. The door chimes when Max pushes the door open, holding it open for me. The walls are painted a dark brown, the tiles on the floor are white, and the tables near the windows are silver. I follow behind Max as he stops in front of the clear case that holds the cure to my aching chest. My eyes widen when I see the red velvet cake, the pumpkin cake, and the chocolate cupcakes that have the colorful sprinkles on them. My stomach begins to growl as I stare at the delicious sweets that are only a window away from me, and my cheeks redden in embarrassment when Max hears my stomach repeatedly growl.

“Which one do you want?” He asks, pressing his lips together to keep from laughing.

I glance at all the deserts in front of me, trying to decide which one looks the best to me. I want them all, but lets be real, I am not the kind of girl who can eat whatever she wants without gaining weight. Making a decision I press my finger to the window, pointing at what I want.

“I’d like a slice of the pumpkin pie.”

Max nods, and steps up to the counter, where a woman in a brown apron is standing behind the register, smiling at him warmly. “What can I get you?”

“Hi, I’d like the vanilla cupcake, and she’ll have a slice of the pumpkin pie.”

The woman presses some buttons on her screen, then looks back up at us. “Is that all?”

Max nods and starts pulling out his wallet as the woman tells him the price. I quickly shove a five dollar bill into his hand, and Max just as swiftly tosses it back to me.

“Take the damn money, you’re not paying for me.” I throw the bill back at him. He purposely doesn’t catch it, and it slowly floats to the floor. Max looks down at it and gives the woman a ten dollor bill. She hands him back his change and Max moves to the side to let the person behind us go next, and I have no choice but to pick up my five dollars.

I scowel at Max when I stand back up, sauntering over to him and he presses his thick lips together, shaking his head at me as I glare at him.

“I didn’t want you to pay for me.” I say.

“Well I did, so let it go.”

I turn my head away from him, clenching my jaw and rolling my eyes at him, which he sees. He ignores me, and steps up to take our order when the woman calls our number. He picks up the tray with our food on it, and carries it to one of the silver tables by the window. He pulls out my chair for me, then walks around to sit on the other side. I take a seat in the pulled out chair, and scoot closer to the table, reaching for my pie and picking up one of the plastic forks on the brown tray. I set the plate in front of me and cut a piece with my fork, taking a bite. My mouth automatically waters when the pie hits my tongue, and I automatically feel the aching in my chest dull a little. I moan from the delicousness of the pie, forgetting max is even sitting across from me. I direct my gaze to him and find him smirking at me, his eyes amused.

“What?” I ask, my mouth full.

Max smiles, and shakes his head as he takes a bite of his vanilla cupcake. “You seem to be enjoying that pie.”

“I am.” I snap, taking another bite of my pie.

“Does Harry put up with your attitude?” He asks.

I raise my eyebrow at him, looking at him stupidly. “What attitude?”

He laughs, throwing his head back and practically dropping his cupcake on the white tiled floor. “You’re kidding right? You’re so sassy and sarcastic. “

I shrug, and continue to eat my pie. “ I don’t care.”

Max drops his cupcake on the tray , making bits of bread fall onto the table and leaning forward as he rests his elbows on it. “So Harry puts up with it?”

I set my fork on the plate, and push the plate away from me, repeating his moves and leaning forward on my elbows. I look up at him and almost flinch away when I realize how close our faces are to each other, but I refuse to back away when I see the challenging look on his face.

“Harry likes it, actually.” I say, not blinking.

He stares at me evenly, raising his eyebrow. “Does he?” His breath brushes my face, smelling like vanilla frosting.

“Yes he does.”

He gazes at me, and I don’t break eye contact with him. His eyes flicker down to my lips, and my stomach begins to twist in knots. His dark green eyes look up at me and begin to search my face and I am frozen in place, unable to break eye contact with him, until a bright flash hits the side of my face. I blink and sit back, turning my face towards the window, where I see several paparazzi’s standing outside and taking pictures of us.

Max sighs and sits back in his seat, reaching up to rub his head. “And they found us.”

Seeing them I am reminded of Harry, I reach into my purse and see I have another missed call from him and another text. I go through my messages again and open the text.

HARRY:

        Kay, I’m worried. Please Call me.

Sighing, I turn around and glance at Max, who is staring at the paparazzi and tapping his fingers on the table.

“I’ll be right back, I need to make a call.” I say.

He turns his face towards me and nods. “Sure. I’ll be here.”

I get up and roam to the other side of the bakery, and sit at an empty table near there. I scroll through my contacts and click on Harry’s name, pressing the dial button. Barely on the second ring, he answers right away.

“Kay?” My heart contracts at the sound of his voice but I don’t miss the hint of panic in it.

“Hey.” I say, sighing.

“Are you okay?” I hear people talking in the background, but it becomes faint, I’m assuming he walked to a different room. “I called twice, and texted you, but you never answered.”

“Yeah, I know. I was busy, I’m sorry.”

“Busy with what?” He asks cautiously.

I pause, and open my mouth to speak, then close it. Should I tell him about Max? No. He hated it when I spoke to him at the Teen Choice Awards, surely he would hate it if he knew I were here alone with him.

“Kay?” He asks.

I glance behind me at Max, who looks at me, smiles and waves. I wave back slowly, then turn back around. I rub my forehead and silently curse at myself for what I’m about to do.

“Sorry. “

“What were you busy with?” He asks again.

I'm going to hell. “I was job hunting.” I lie.

“Oh,” He sighs in relief, and when he speaks again his voice is more upbeat. “Well did you find anything?”

“No…I think I’m going to go again tomorrow.”

“That’s good to hear.” I hear him lean away from the phone and speak to someone in the background, and then his breath near the phone again. “Hey, I have to go. I have family over right now, but I’ll text you or call you later again.”

“Okay.”

I hear a door close, and its completely silent on the other end except for Harry’s voice on the line. “I miss you.” He whispers.

The ball at the back of my throat arises and I swallow it down. “I miss you too.”

“Two weeks will fly by, I promise.” He says.

“I really hope so.”

“Harry!” I hear a woman call on the other line, who sounds like his mom.

“You should go.” I say.

He sighs. “Yeah.” I hear his voice loud and clear through the phone. “ I love you.”

Guilt begins to run through my body for the lie I just told him, and I am not entirely sure why I did it. I swallow down the confession that wants to come out and lean forward in the chair, resting my head on the table, and feeling like complete shit.

“I know.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

deceit By e

Fanfiction

130K 4.4K 62
book two of the bad bitch series, continuation of bucky and beth deceit: the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresentin...
370K 13.3K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
33K 283 80
Addison is Masons younger sister by 2 years. He hasn't seen her in over a year after she went travelling. A decision based off of a mistake made wit...