Facade | Near

By phyeron-

Edit from me, years after: Sometimes I go back to this book and see just how wack my writing was years younge... More

A Successor's Facade
Prologue
Chapter 1: Colorless Beginning
Chapter 2: Terrifying News
Chapter 3: Ignited Vengeance
Chapter 4: One Life Saved
Chapter 5: Hollowness and Uncertainties
A/N that you can skip
Chapter 6: Anti-Kira Premises
Chapter 7: Night Terrors
Chapter 8: Silent Confusions
Chapter 9: L's Fraud
Chapter 10: Half Shinigami
Chapter 11: Candy Theft
Chapter 12: Mafia
Chapter 13: White
Chapter 14: Memories
Chapter 15: Her memories, Lost. New moments, Found.
Chapter 16: Mission Impossible
Chapter 17: A Day For Myself- Or Not.
Chapter 18 Part 1: Shinigami
Chapter 18 Part 2: Your Teeth Can Be Considered As Yellow
Chapter 19: Brother
Chapter 20: Flashbacks
Chapter 21: Erratic
Chapter 22: A Portion Of The Truth
I Apologize...
Chapter 23 Part 1: Shinigami Eyes Information
Chapter 23 Part 2: Delete
Chapter 25: Who Are You And What Have You Done To Mello?
Chapter 26: Matt's Demise
Chapter 27: Kira's Downfall
Chapter 28: The Successor's Inception
Chapter 29: Him, From Wammy's
Chapter 30: Beyond Birthday
Chapter 31: Realization
Chapter 32: Near
Near's Birthday (Author's Note)
Quick A/N
An Important A/N
Chapter 33: Collapse
Chapter 34: Abducted
Important Note: Title
I'M SO SORRY FOR ANOTHER NOTE OH MY GOSH
Chapter 35: Agony
Chapter 36: Unravel
Chapter 37: Aftermath
Chapter 38: Connection
Chapter 39: Reminder
Chapter 40: An Epilogue's Prologue

Chapter 24: Kira's New Spokesperson

1.4K 62 22
By phyeron-

Chapter 24: Kira's New Spokesperson

Omniscient's POV

'Kiyomi Takada, I had a chance to meet her when she was a part of the debate program she was hosting. She was surely a fair host for the most part, but her attitude changed when Kira was mentioned. She clearly supports him, she had a unique sense of justice I can identify with. Not only that, she thinks like Kira. That makes her the most worthy for being the voice of Kira. God, I moved quickly.' Mikami thought as he smiled. Surely his 'god' wouldn't be disappointed with him now.

Task Force

Light stood up from his seat and faced the Task Force before him,

"Guys. I think we could make use of Kiyomi Takada..." Light started, voicing out his plan to meet up with Takada and 'use her'. While Matsuda and Ide agreed to this seeing it as a brilliant plan, Aizawa was hesitant. Nonetheless, they all agreed.

What they didn't know, a scheme was already in Light's head. Ready to be used at any moment he meets up with Takada.

Mello's Hideout/Apartment

"Mochi?" Misa spoke. "Yes?" Mogi asked nonchalantly.

"Your cooking is really good. I appreciate everything you're doing for me but it's been 5 days now!" She exclaimed.

"And?" The man with her said.

"Light doesn't know about you hanging out all the time does he? I'm getting a really bad feeling about this." She stupidly stated.

"Uh-huh." Mogi unconsciously responded.

"I mean, I know that Light trusts me. But won't other people start to say that I'm cheating on him? Oh, he'd be so jealous!" She once again said, unaware of the tiny camera video-feeding and recording her every move. Suspicious or not.

'Near and the others told me that this woman is supposed to be the Second Kira, but could it be this unbelievably stupid girl?' Mello thought as he watched the screen, eating a piece of his chocolate bar. While his accomplice Matt, continued to play video games without a care in the world.

SPK Headquarters

Your POV

My eyes widened for a little while when I saw the face of Kira's new spokesperson. Kiyomi Takada, my long time ex-best friend. I won't be surprised now if she was the one voicing out Kira's thoughts. Back when we were still kids she wanted all criminals to die. I even suspected her once as Kira or connected to Kira in a possible way.

"Good evening, this is the 9:00 news. First, I have an announcement that comes directly from Kira. Kira's words are the law of the world. Kira will never forgive those people who's a threat to justice, but he will not also forgive the people who refuse to contribute their abilities to the society." Takada announced the news. I sighed tiredly, when will this Kira case be over? I'm beginning to grow tired of these stupid people being used by Kira.

"Kira's targeting lazy people now huh?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Damn, right when I thought he and Zero had similarities." Halle replied to my earlier statement.

"Who's Zero?" Gevanni and I asked at the same time.

"Well, he's a character from an anime I watched when I was a bit younger named Code Geass. A character who gained the power of Geass so that when he makes eye contact with someone, the person will follow his orders. Zero tried to change the world, he kinda succeeded. The ending was sad though" Halle explained.

"You watch Anime?" Gevanni asked in surprise. Well duh.

Halle nodded a pink tint on her cheeks but barely noticeable. I smirked teasingly at her while she playfully glared at me, honestly. I would never have thought that she acts like this. Halle looks very serious compared to her attitude.

"Sounds interesting. I'll watch that sometime." I said.

Light and Takada's Meet Up Hotel Room

Omniscient's POV

The circumstances were perfect, Light can use it as an excuse that Kira called him and asked him to remove any wiretaps and bugs just in case. He managed to once again fool the Task Force.

"What's going on?" Takada asked after Light removed all the bugs.

"Now I can talk without any restraints." Light replied a faint smirk was seen on his lips.

"What?"

"Listen Kiyomi, I am the real Kira."

Kiyomi gasped, she is now readable like a book.

"That's right. It's what I wanted to tell you, I am the real Kira."

'Light is Kira?!'

Light held up the phone, "Listen. Don't ask Kiyomi about who I am, you don't need to know my identity." he spoke with Mikami through the phone.

"Yes, I leave the rest to you. God." The black haired man on the other line said without any hesitance. With that, Light ended the call.

"Do you understand? I'm the real Kira, the man you spoke with is one of my followers that I shared my power with." Light confirmed. Takada had already gotten over her state of shock and now pure joy and awe were seen on her face.

"I-I can't believe it's you! You were the only man I really admired. To be honest, the only man I've felt a connection with!"

'All the pieces have fallen into place, now that it had come this far, It's my turn to go to Japan.' Near thought, cutting a piece of paper.

"Y/N." He called out.

"Yes?" You spoke right after.

"I'm afraid I need you to return to New York immediately." He blankly said.

"Like, right now? This very second- er millisecond?" You replied.

"Yes, I would like to go to Japan." He said.

"Alright, so you would like me to stay in New York while you're gone?"

"Not at all."

"So, what's the point of me coming back there? To escort you?" You playfully scoffed at him.

"Actually yes, truth is I've never made traveling arrangements on my own before. That's why I need you to come back, so you can escort me." He said while twirling a lock of his snow-colored hair.

"Hmkay." You replied, 'Well isn't that a surprise?'

Let's just say that for the rest of the plane ride, there were a lot of toys and jokes involved, bringing your bond closer.

Task Force

Omniscient's POV

"We got 'em! Both productions are begging us now. It was such a huge success!" Matsuda told them in joy.

"This days it's hard to get into any channel. But this will give us full access." Ide stated as he looked at the newspaper Matsuda was reading.

"Yeah, that's right. Mogi will be having an entry as Misa's manager. It'll definitely be to our advantage for someone who could go in and out freely. In the meantime, I'll continue investigating Takada." Light said, faking an act of gratefulness. Suddenly right after he said that N's symbol appeared on the screen. Meaning a call was sent.

"This is Near. I want to speak to L." The other line spoke. This time, without a voice masker.

"This is L. What is it you want from us?" Light immediately responded.

"I'm following through with my goal to arrest Kira. And that's why I'm in Japan now." Near started.

'He's in Japan? Why tell me? He's up to something.' The careful and suspicious side of Light thought.

"L. I presume you already contacted Takada for the purposes of your own investigation?" Near confirmed which made the task force wonder how he knew it.

"That's right. In fact, I already started my investigation about Takada at the moment." Light replied.

"I see. For the time being it's given that if we want to get any closer in capturing Kira we'll have to keep an eye on Kiyomi Takada. I want you to pass on a message, inform her that as of now. Several SPK members entered to catch and arrest Kira."

"But. Why do that?" Light replied, he was now definitely confused about what Near's tactic is.

"To lure Kira out of hiding." Near blankly responded, raising his hand-made tower.

"Now I want you to mention the following to her so she'll relay it to Kira; In total, there are only 5 members of the SPK that includes myself. Kira won't be able to resist such an opportunity, knowing Kira he won't run meaning he'll try to kill us before we get to close. That's where we'll beat him in his own game." Near confidently yet blankly stated which got Light narrow his eyes.

'Beat me in my own game huh? Alright Near. If that's how you want it, I'll accept your challenge.' Light thought, glaring daggers at the screen.

"I am in Japan as we speak," Near said, suggesting a hidden idea to Kira.

"I am in Japan as well." Light spoke.

"Then we're quite close to each other. Who knows we might even get the chance to meet face to face."

"I hope so." Light replied to Near's double-meaning sentence.

"Well, that would be something to look forward to." Near blankly said, a faint smirk tugged his lips yet he quickly masked it. There's still people in the room.

"Yes."

"When that time comes, we'll finish this Kira battle once and for all."

"Definitely."

With that, Near had ended the call.

'It's all becoming clear to me, from the very beginning until now it's been a one-on-one fight against L. And even though he's dead, it just shifted to his heirs. Very well Near, fine I'll come to play your game. It's only fair after all. And when we meet, we'll find out which of us is truly prepared to win and who's wits will prevail. When that happens, this long battle will finally end and I can finally begin my reign at the top.'

Near's Hideout/Basement

"Let's see what we know so far," Near spoke out loud to the SPK members that are both on-screen and physically there.

"This current L is Light Yagami and he's also Kira. For now, we'll call him L-Kira. There's also another one, someone who has the notebook and is currently using it. We'll call him X-Kira. Based on the pattern X-Kira is killing, he had made the deal and acquired the Shinigami Eyes. L-Kira and X-Kira can't communicate directly, they must be planning to communicate using Takada as a goal between them. So, given the circumstances. There are two ways to win against Kira."

"One; The simple way," Near said and shot the two Kira Legos with his realistic-looking toy gun. "We arrange to kill both L-Kira and X-Kira then confiscate the notebook."

"However no matter what might happen, it will never resort to that."

"Why not?" Rester asked.

"That's not the way we work commander."

"We, sir?" The blonde responded.

"Yes that's right, we kill those two and the murders stop. Such expose fact of justification will not be tolerated. That's not the way L and I do things because that will be an insult. Don't forget, no one trusted this case to those who came after L."

In the next few days, a lot has happened. Light had arranged meet-ups with Takada every night and because the Task Force is only listening to audio. He can pass notes to her. Mikami had already sent Takada 5 pages of the notebook so that she can judge criminals with it, Mikami on the other hand, stopped using the real notebook and wrote names on a fake one. He is to act that he's killing people on it as a decoy.

Takada also gained 4 female bodyguards which Halle and Y/N infiltrated under the names of Hal Lidner and Crimson Michaelis. Since Takada would know your appearance, you wore a disguise containing a wig, eye-contacts and (Opposite/Skin Tone). Light also guessed that there's an SPK member in Takada's bodyguards on which he -after a lot of thinking- confirmed that it is only Hal Lidner.

On the other side, Near who thought a lot about who X-Kira would be had finally known that it was Teru Mikami. Near saw that Mikami fits the profile X-Kira would have, with that, Near commanded Gevanni to follow Mikami's tracks and report anything, suspicious movements or not.

Takada and Misa also met in which you used your pro-skills to pin Misa and prevent her from 'hurting' Takada. The two also engaged in a private meet-up but it ended out as an unpleasurable conversation.

Near had also asked Aizawa about the meet-ups of Light and Takada, it seems like they're only recording the audio and that gave Near the idea that they're passing notes to each other. Near had also included that Takada and Amane would not betray him easily due to their previous meeting.

For now, it would be hard to determine who would succeed at the end of it all.

Sorry for the 3-day wait. Circumstances went back to normal and now I can update kinda easily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 1.7K 32
"You can't imagine the things I'd do if I put my hands on you" He murmured huskily and I felt his hot breath feathering by my ear making my knees tr...
1.9K 87 26
//This book contains mature content// " Only then does my shocked brain register that Jaden is holding a knife between his fingers. Shit. My face dra...
Killian By Amber

Teen Fiction

1.4K 195 34
"I lost him, he's gone. If I'm not careful I will be too" -------------------------- He looks healthy now. His cheeks are rosy red, his lips aren't...
4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...