Our Darkest Secrets (A Harry...

By kelseyrae21

Kaydence Taylor has a dark and unforgettable past, which has led her to be withdrawn from her peers and the r... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73

CHAPTER 42

7.1K 216 13
By kelseyrae21

Thank you to those who have been voting!!

And I really like reading some of your comments, it lets me know that you guys are actually enjoying the book and gives me some motivation (:

Also let me know if you have any ideas on what you want to happen next!

More votes=faster updates. (;

Enjoy!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly open from the sudden sunlight shining through the window. I blink several times to adjust from it, and squint up to see Harry fixing the curtains."What are you doing?" I groan in annoyance.

"Rise and shine sleepy head." He says, smiling as he turns around to face me.

I reach over to grab my phone, looking at the time. I grunted and tossed it back on the counter, lifting the pillow over my head and laying back down. "It's eight in the freaking morning, it's too early for me. Wake me an hour or two."

I pull the covers higher over my body, and sink into the matress, letting the pillow rest over my head.

Suddenly the blankets are ripped off me, and I squeal from the sudden feel of the cold air. I lift my head from the pillow, fully aware that my hair looks crazy, and glare at Harry.

"Get up." He says, placing his hands on his hips and looking like a stern mother.

I scoff at him, and lean forward to grab the end of the blankets, throwing them back over me and laying my head on the pillow.

Harry once again, rips them off me and at the same time quickly pulls the pillow out from under my head.

"Hey!" I yell, my voice still raspy from sleep.

He walks over to the couches and tosses the blanket and pillow on top of them, then turns to look at me with a smirk plastered on his face, and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Now if you want the blanket and pillow, you got to get up to get them."

I shrug and lay back on the matress, hugging my cold body. "I can sleep here without them."

"I'm gonna turn up the AC."

I groan loudly and obnoxiously, then sit up. "I hate you."

"No you don't." He says, the side of his mouth pulling up into a playful grin.

I stare at him and roll my eyes. "Where is it we are going that couldn't wait till after 10a.m.?"

He moves towards the kitchen and opens up the fridge, pulling out the tray of eggs. "Well it is my last day here, so I wanted to take you somewhere."

"Where?" I ask in monotone.

Harry gives me a stern look, and turns on the stove. "It's a surprise. Now go change into some work out clothes."

"Work out clothes?" I ask in disgust. I then start laughing and shake my head. "I'm sorry, I've never worked out a day in my life, my workout is getting out of bed and maybe occasionally walking up a few stairs when it's needed. Therefore I do not own work out clothes."

He looks up from the eggs he started to cook and glances at what I'm currently wearing. "Those clothes are fine then."

I look down at my UCLA t-shirt and cotton shorts. "I really don't want to go." I whine.

"Kay, stop being lazy and go brush your teeth and hair."

I scowl at him, get up, and give him the finger as I walk by the kitchen. "Yes mother."

I hear Harry chuckling as I close the bathroom door. I quickly use the toilet and brush my teeth and hair, throwing it into a messy bun when I'm done. I wash my face, then dry it with a towel. It looks clear but my cheeks are left red after rubbing them with the towel. I shrug, and step out of the bathroom, walking to my bag to get clean socks, and my converse.

After I slip them on, I get up and walk into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. Harry has his back to me as he cooks and hums to himself. I stare at his back and watch how the muscles in his shoulders are seen easily through the shirt. He turns his head to glance at me, as if he can feel me staring. Instead of turning away like I would of done before, I stay where I am and let him catch me. I raised an eye brow at him and he smiles widely, his dimples popping out tremendously.

"You were checking me out." He says as he turns away, and puts the scrambled eggs on a plate.

I crinkle my nose at his back, and shove him aside to get the plate of eggs. He laughs when I practically hug the plate to me when he tries to take it. I quickly eat the eggs and drink another glass of water, and am shocked when a burp escapes my mouth.

I slap my hand over my mouth and look up at him in embarrassment. "Sorry." I say shyly.

He smiles and shrugs. "It's fine Kay." He moves to put the plates in the sink, and when he turns around he has a devilish grin on his face. "That was real weak though."

I raise my eyebrows at him, as he moves to slip on his running shoes. He stands up after he's done and grabs his keys from the counter.

"Ready?" He asks, walking to the door.

I run to the night stand next to the bed and snatch my phone off of it, running back to Harry.

We walk down the hallway, to the elevator and through the lobby. When we walk out the entrance there are several paparazzis and a bunch of fans. Harry hands me the keys, placing his hand on the bottom of my back. "You go to the car, I'm gonna take a few pictures."

I nod and do as he says, as I try to push my way through the fans. I'm shocked when a few of the girls see me and ask for a picture, I take one with the girls who asked and finally make it out of the crowd. I walk to the car, unlocking it and hopping into the passenger seat. I lift my legs up and rest them on the dashboard, just as Harry's door opens and I sit up, startled.

I breath out a sigh of relief when I see Harry's mop of curls slide into the car. I sit back again, as he starts the car and drives down an unfamiliar road.

While he's driving, I decide to check my Twitter and nearly choke on my own spit. I am tagged in a few photos with some of Harry's fans, and tagged in pictures of me and Harry walking at Disneyland. Most of them are all really nice comments, and some are not. I ignore the rude ones and scroll up to the top of my profile. My eyes widen when I see I have over a thousand followers now, when before I only had one. Madison.

"We're here."

I lock my phone screen, and look up to see what appears to be a gym. "Interesting." I say..

Harry laughs as he unbuckles his seat belt and gets out of the car. I reluctantly follow after him as he walks to the front of the gym.

When we walk in there are several people working out on machines, and bikes. Harry leads me to the back of the gym, and goes to the side of the wall to get gloves. He grabs two pairs and tosses me one.

"Put them on." He orders.

"Uh what?" I ask.

He smiles, and walks towards me. He takes them from my hand and un straps them, putting them on for me. He steps back and I bend my fingers in them, turning my hand around to study them. Harry picks up his gloves and slides them on. I'm amazed at how just wearing his white cut off shirt that fully exposes his tattoos on his arms and putting on the gloves to go with it, made him so much more attractive.

He moves to a bag, hanging from the ceiling and holds it.

"I'm gonna punch this, I want you to watch how I do it okay?"

I nod, and he walks around it as I take a step back. He lifts his hands up in front of his face, curling them into fists. I flinch at how loud the pounding is when he makes the first blow. His eyes are focused as he continues to hit the bag again, over and over. I watch the way he curls his fist when he hits it, and keep getting distracted from the muscle that bulges out in his arm when his fist connects with the bag.

He suddenly stops, and catches the swinging bag, his breathing heavy.

"So you box?" I ask.

He shrugs, and wipes the sweat starting to build at the top of his forehead with the back of his arm. "I do sometimes, it helps me feel better."

"With what?"

"I don't know, whenever I'm stressed out I guess."

I nod in understanding, and he lets go of the bag, walking towards me. "Your turn."

"My turn?" I ask, my voice high.

He chuckles and nods. "Yeah, go ahead."

"Harry, I can't punch for shit."

He stands in front of me and nods at my hand. "Curl your hand into a fist."

I do as I'm told, tucking my thumb into my hand. He shakes his head and opens my hand, removing my thumb and closing my hand into a fist, my thumb on the outside. "Never tuck your thumb in, you can break your finger if you do that."

"Okay."

He curls his own hands into fists and holds them up in front of his face, the way he had been doing while he was punching the bag. "Do this."

I repeat what he's doing and he smiles. "Good." He moves behind the bag again, and holds it. "Now punch the bag."

I stand in front of it and punch it. Pain shoots up my hand, and my knuckles sting. "Ow!" I shake my hand and wince in pain. "You didn't tell me it was going to hurt!"

"I guess I forgot to tell you that part."

I glare at him and hold my hand, he smirks and nods to the bag. "Try again."

I scoff at him and shake my head. "No way, that hurt."

"It will hurt less and less each time, the gloves are suppose to be helping you."

"Well they aren't."

He rolls his eyes. "Just try again."

I sigh, and hold my fists up to my face, then punch it with my right arm. It hurts, but I keep going and punch it with my left arm.

"That was weak. Try harder."

I groan and look up at Harry. "I AM weak Harry. What the hell is the point of this anyways?"

"It's to help you feel better."

"With what?"

He looks me in the eyes, and presses his lips together.

"With what Harry?" I ask again.

He looks away. "The pain."

I laugh sarcastically and shake my head. "So this is a therapeutic thing?"

"Maybe." He says seriously.

I shut my mouth, clenching my jaw. "I'm fine."

He turns back to look at me, his eyes blazing. "No you're not. You're angry and hurt, but you've suppressed it for so long, it's just sitting there eating you alive."

I blink at him, as I feel tears prickle my eyes. I'm angry that this is the reason he brought me here, but also a little hurt because I know what he's saying is true.

He holds the bag again, and stares at me. "If you're pissed off take it out on the bag."

"I'm not pissed off." I lie.

"Really?" He asks, raising his eyebrow. "You're not pissed that you got expelled?"

I squint at the floor and keep my mouth closed.

"You're not pissed that your brother is gone?"

I continue to ignore him as I pretend that his words don't get to me.

"You're not pissed that your mom won't speak to you?"

Shut up shut up shut up.

"What about your dad huh? Are you pissed at him for violating you?"

My head snaps up, and I look up at him, my eyes burning holes. "Shut up." I hiss, looking around to see if anyone overheard.

"Hit the bag." Harry says.

"Just stop."

"Pretend it's your father."

"No."

"Hit the damn bag."

I suddenly feel the anger boil over and I punch the bag hard, taking Harry off guard and making him stumble back. He looks at me with wide eyes and smirks, moving behind the bag again.

"Again."

I punch the bag again just as hard, letting my anger take over. Harry's voice becomes background noise as I continue to pound the bag, thinking of everything I've held in. I think about losing Danny, my mother, and my father. All I see is red as I think of all the times he put his hands on me, for hurting me, for not being the father he should have been and most of all for taking my innocence. I feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins, making me feel powerful for once. It feels so good, and I punch the bag one last time with all my strength.

Harry holds on to the bag as I collapse on the floor, completely out of breath. Harry stares at me trying to catch my breath, and he stands in front of me, squatting down.

"Do you feel better?" He asks.

I breathe heavily, and nodd, actually feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders.

"Yeah." I say breathlessly.

Harry smiles, and leans forward, kissing my forehead. He stands up, and looks down at me.

"Want to go again?" He asks, reaching his hand out to me.

I smile up at him, and nod, taking his outstretched hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 10.6K 19
IDUNA ODINSDOTTIR PRINCESS OF ASGARD GODDESS OF LIFE "you can be queen just as great as your brothers can be king." 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 OF "𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈...
5.1M 151K 95
Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy who lived, had always felt as if everyo...
729K 14K 32
Miss Alyssa Bridgerton is the one only twin sister to the very grumpy but lovable Viscount Anthony Bridgerton. When things get hard Alyssa has a tend...
8.7M 188K 91
'y/n potter? bet she'll be just like her idiot brother' '𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧' started - june 2020 finished - january 2021 edited - soon